Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,144 members, 7,829,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? (10098 Views)

Growth Of Churches/mosques via gsm data base and bulksms / Rich Churches, Poor Members / Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by samkoro: 4:25pm On Aug 10, 2012
plaetton:

So the the more than 20,000 chruches in Lagos are spiritual centers?
Spiritual centers for .............................?
For producing ..................?

And fanally, it is working? Are these ubiquitoous spiritual centers producing lots of .....................?

The christianity is never afraid of criticism .They are always ready and open because they have nothing to hide. Unlike Islam that largely prevents it followers from reading the bible and Philosophy in Iran,Saudi,Afghanistan etc
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Parnassuss(m): 4:27pm On Aug 10, 2012
SimonAndal: Left to the church, there'll be no: internet, television, radio (gallileo), open-heart surgery, freedom. So yeah, the church is very destructive.
Left to the mosques there'll be no life.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! You bad gan!

I think TODAY in Nigeria we have may almost 30,000 churches and mosques but even schools these days are lacking libraries.

TODAY Naija needs more libraries than hospitals sef!
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Rednose: 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2012
I love the library, you'd have to be quite serious-minded to go there. It's just peaceful being in a nice library reading for leisure, research etc.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 10, 2012
Even in our supposedly educational institutions, its a battle of different religious fellowships...

A crap generation we are breeding... Their mates around the world are selling ideas, they are selling indian hair...

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by gsmgold: 5:20pm On Aug 10, 2012
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by plaetton: 5:35pm On Aug 10, 2012
musKeeto: Even in our supposedly educational institutions, its a battle of different religious fellowships...

A crap generation we are breeding... Their mates around the world are selling ideas, they are selling indian hair...

Isn't it ironic,
Damning our god-given hairs to ware the hairs of hindus to worship god.
We produce countless megathons of prayer power, but when get sick we swallow drugs made in India by Hindu Indians.

Someone or something really messed with our brains.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by oiseworld: 5:55pm On Aug 10, 2012
this is a very unfair comparism.

I have seen a woman who grew in the village, and was never educated. She started going to church and in few years she could read the bible. And could also read other books.

The whole libraries in this world put together can't compete with a Church. Before the libraries were built, the Church already existed. infact the Church built the libraries.

The Church is a library.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by plaetton: 6:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
oiseworld: this is a very unfair comparism.

I have seen a woman who grew in the village, and was never educated. She started going to church and in few years she could read the bible. And could also read other books.

The whole libraries in this world put together can't compete with a Church. Before the libraries were built, the Church already existed. infact the Church built the libraries.

The Church is a library.

Really?
Which school did you learn your history from, the bible school?
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by oiseworld: 6:28pm On Aug 10, 2012
plaetton:

Really?
Which school did you learn your history from, the bible school?

drive your points,
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by plaetton: 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2012
oiseworld:

drive your points,

The point is that your claim is false.
Great libraries existed long before chruches.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by UyiIredia(m): 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2012
Libraries first then churches & mosques.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by fortyfeet(m): 6:50pm On Aug 10, 2012
a church or mosque may not necessarily need building but a library will. so .....
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 10, 2012
plaetton:

Isn't it ironic,
We produce countless megathons of prayer power, but when get sick we swallow drugs made in India by Hindu Indians.

Sad situation..
Upon stepping out of the Chennai
International Airport, Nigerians are
asked by cab drivers if they need a cab
to the hospital...
The major hospitals in the city have a
lot of African patients, majority of
whom are Nigerians..
Our problems are financing their
solutions..

Most of my Indian colleagues are either atheists or agnostics. For this who are Hindus, its becoming more or less a culture, in a similar fashion to how buddhism is being practiced in Japan these days..

The government fixed their education sector, and today they've found a niche for themselves in the IT sector.

Textbooks were made as cheap as possible, colors faded, diagrams removed, just to ensure education was affordable to most people..

Hardwork and wise management of meagre resources(considering their population) NOT prayer is solving their problems. If a Christian tells me its prayers, I simply ask to what god? Their supposedly juju gods? Is Satan a god of development? Then I'd rather worship Him...
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by musak27: 8:26pm On Aug 10, 2012
u jst want to be knwn buzz off.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by katilicious(f): 8:34pm On Aug 10, 2012
ZUBY77: I follow your post a lot and like them. I dont know what you hope to achieve with this very one but my answers are :

Churches: A place where gullible black people gather to contribute money and materials for those who tell them Lies.

Mosques: A place where the other half of gullible black people gather to bow down and hear from their leaders that anyone who does not worship with them is an infidel and should be killed.

Libraries: A place where you can go and read about Churches and Mosques, and then chose what to believe and not what you are told. The developed Countries prefer Library while the black ones prefer the other two.

So the most important among them is the Library even if it is only Oliver twist and Animal farm inside it.
wow i luv dis.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by fortyfeet(m): 9:26pm On Aug 10, 2012
religion is the best thing to happen to mankind. realise that you are not a christian because your name is PAUL but because you behave like CHRIRT, and if no one behaves like CHRIST on earth, then there are no Christians on earth.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Richardid: 9:43pm On Aug 10, 2012
Agreed that Nigerian christians seek medical help by taking drugs produced by indian hindus....so what? are these Hindu indians not coming to nigeria to seek spiritual help from christian churches. God uses whoever he want to use to affect mankind Let me also make it known to you that "you are what you read" you cannot grow more than what you know,so what we have in the librararies are limited human knowledge which are passed from one reader to another. But wisdom from God is transient and more beneficial to mankind.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by wiegraf: 4:02am On Aug 11, 2012
CLIQBOY: NONE OF THE ABOVE...NA CAFE SURE PASS

^^^ This is a superior solution
Convert books to epubs, pdf
Make them available online
provide access to the masses via cafe's, cheap internet, cheap hardware (like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi ) or other means

...wait, that's internet already sort of. Ooohh, so that's why it's so expensive in these here lands
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Aina4faruq(m): 4:14am On Aug 11, 2012
Trash!! Ow can u compare nd contrast on which is d best.each 1 has a vital role it plays bt du nt ignore religion stuff cos prayer is key way 2 lyf nd even educational career
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by plaetton: 4:51am On Aug 11, 2012
Richardid: Agreed that Nigerian christians seek medical help by taking drugs produced by indian hindus....so what? are these Hindu indians not coming to nigeria to seek spiritual help from christian churches. God uses whoever he want to use to affect mankind Let me also make it known to you that "you are what you read" you cannot grow more than what you know,so what we have in the librararies are limited human knowledge which are passed from one reader to another. But wisdom from God is transient and more beneficial to mankind.

I really have difficulty following your logic.
The simple question to you is: would you prefer that your children spend their free time in libraries or in churches and mosques?
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by plaetton: 4:59am On Aug 11, 2012
Aina4faruq: Trash!! Ow can u compare nd contrast on which is d best.each 1 has a vital role it plays bt du nt ignore religion stuff cos prayer is key way 2 lyf nd even educational career

Prayer is key way to life for whom?
How does prayer factor in the world economy? How does prayer factor in technological knowhow?
How does prayer factor in standard of living indices?
How does prayer factor in the peace and security of a nation?
How about justice and fundamental human rights?
How about self-sufficiency in food production, does prayer factor in too?

Now, In Nigeria, since we produce megathons of prayer power from all quarter every day,
How have we fared so far on all the above?
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Mutee: 7:08am On Aug 11, 2012
BĂ©lla3: u've made a point, we are busy judging while our lives are nt perfect. I am guilty of this. I hereby apologize to al
I think you just need to expand your horizon on religious matters especially on Islam and who knows, God might guide you to the truth. Be open-minded and stop being one-sided. Salam!
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Solaoye: 9:30am On Aug 11, 2012
Its unfortunate that the poster was raised either in the church or mosque, but things have turned around because correct servant of God were scarce. imagine hw far u would have gone if the first two u mention is nt in place. i will suggest we put d chur and mosque in place as it is commanded, we will have better Nigeria.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 11, 2012
In Nigeria,

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by oiseworld: 8:11pm On Aug 11, 2012
plaetton:

The point is that your claim is false.
Great libraries existed long before chruches.

sorry for the late reply, my data expired.

A church can be said to be a group of christians as a whole Or a building where christians gather to fellowship.

Do you have an idea when christians started gathering to fellowship. Right from the very begining. Since the days of Abel.So how do you claim libraries came first?
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by 3kay945(m): 10:00pm On Aug 11, 2012
king-paragon:
ur post shows that u are living in fool's paradise who says there is no GOD. we learn spiritualism; human body, soul & spirit in true churches, God's way of life; earthly knowlegde in libraries which is foolishness unto GOD; while d activities of BH shows what is learnt in mosques.
are you sure you meant this? how could earthly knowledge in library be foolishness unto God?
plszzzzz
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by 3kay945(m): 10:08pm On Aug 11, 2012
plaetton:

How does prayer factor in the world economy? How does prayer factor in technological knowhow?

Now, In Nigeria, since we produce megathons of prayer power from all quarter every day,
Our sins are too many that is why our Prayers are pending all this while. grin
plaetton:

Now, In Nigeria, since we produce megathons of prayer power from all uquarter every day,
Our sins are too many that is why our Prayers are pending all this while. grin grin
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by 3kay945(m): 10:13pm On Aug 11, 2012
plaetton:

Isn't it ironic,

gringringrin
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by BetaThings: 5:37am On Aug 12, 2012
samkoro:

The christianity is never afraid of criticism .They are always ready and open because they have nothing to hide. Unlike Islam that largely prevents it followers from reading the bible and Philosophy in Iran,Saudi,Afghanistan etc

You are confirming your reputation for turning facts upside down
As a student, I bought and read the Bible to pass exam in CRK. My dad allowed me
I read the Bible all the time - my christian friends are even afraid of touching the Qur'an
They prefer to read biased commentaries from converts and haters of Islam like you

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by BetaThings: 5:47am On Aug 12, 2012
samkoro:

You just made one of the most interesting comment in Nairaland.This brings us to the question; "how do we know the basic truth in so much claim and counter claims of all religions"?.I'm a Christian today because I've tried and never discovered any flaw in the lifestyle of Christ and not because I was born a christian,no !!. I have the freedom of choice,thus I chose the best unlike a moslem who may not have the freedom to read a bible,talkless of making a choice.

To simplify this method of knowing the truth by asking some simple questions

1) How does creating a scene of butchered dead bodies,beheaded men and women,pool of human blood,slashed tongues and human intestines look so good and beautifull as an act that will take one to. a place as beautifull as paradise ?

2)We all agree that the scene above is evil.Now tell me ,does evil lead to good.? This defies all good reasoning and sensibility.

3) Did those killed by Mohamed and stii being killed by his followers deserve to die for being non_moslems?

4)Is it not logical,reasonable and sensible that only good works and love for all mankind that eventualy leads to greater good/reward like paradise.?

There are lots more but let's keep it as simple as the above.

Did those people killed during the St Bartholomews Day Massacre deserve to die for being protestants?
Did those people tied to the stake and burnt to death deserve to die for (heresy) not sharing orthodox beliefs?
Is it fair for the Vatican to still be holding mementos of the St Bartholomews Day Massacre at the holy See?
There are more too
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by BetaThings: 6:29am On Aug 12, 2012
samkoro: Church is the best legacy for mankind. Church in the true biblical sense of the word is not a building but the body of Christ.A church is a group of followers of the lifestyle of Christ which epitomises LOVE ,KINDNESS,FORGIVENESS.A lifestyle that leads to eternal life in paradise.

Mosque is a building where those who follow the lifestyle of Mohamed worship.Mohamed started well as a preacher of rightousness,he so much desired to be a prophet,and be recognised by everyone including the jews. When asked to show them signs as a prophet ( performing miracles) he failed.The men,women and children made fun and mockery of him.

In annoyance he left and the Devil took hold of him.That was when the thought of revenge and murder took hold of him.You know what,women,children,men that were non-moslems were killed by Mohmed and his army. Mohameds lifestyle changed,he approved lies,rape and murder against non moslems.He married a 9year old. Today mosque is a place were all Mohameds idea/lifestyle are thought.

Library is always a good legacy.A society that neglects it must fail.

Muslims follow the instructions of Allah. Mohammed (PBUH) was his messenger

Samkoro, can you bring evidence for all the falsehood you dish out here
Is there a reward for lie telling in christianity. I was really under the impression that it is wrong to bring false witness
A muslim is prohibited from lying and you seem to be enjoying that monopoly to lie to your heart's content and say things without restraint

I am discovering how far christians are prepared to go to tarnish the image of Islam
Rape? in Islam? Do you know the punishment for that?
Lying?
Quran "4:135 - O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well- acquainted with all that ye do."

This verse allows muslims to defend themselves without going into excess
Quran "2:190 Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors."

A muslim might be allowed to pay expiation for manslaughter. Murder has no such concession

Why don't you really show some respect for the truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? / Must We Shout When We Pray? / Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.