Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Smoke Enters My Car When A/c Is On... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Smoke Enters My Car When A/c Is On... (1805 Views)

How Does One Control A Car When Front Tyre Blows Out On High Speed? / How To Know A Stolen Car When U See It / Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smoke Enters My Car When A/c Is On... by Mboi: 6:25pm On Aug 09, 2012
Hello house,
there's this problem am having. Anytime my a/c is on and I pass by a car that smokes or pass a place that smells, the whole thing comes inside my car from the a/c vent. I know there's a leakage somewhere but don't know where it could be from.

Am using Nissan Altima 2000 Model

Please ur suggestion is highly needed...
Re: Smoke Enters My Car When A/c Is On... by Wallie(m): 8:54pm On Aug 09, 2012
LOL...your vent is open to outside air and you have to close it. There's a button where your AC/Fan is that has one or two symbols on it. The first symbol shows fresh air coming into the car and the other shows recirculating air. Press that button to stop outside air from coming in. The recirculating button looks like the button to the right in the attached pic.
Re: Smoke Enters My Car When A/c Is On... by Wallie(m): 8:55pm On Aug 09, 2012
This is what the button looks like.

Re: Smoke Enters My Car When A/c Is On... by Mboi: 6:41am On Aug 10, 2012
Thanks Wallie,

I'll try that on my way out this morning...

God bless you!!!!
Re: Smoke Enters My Car When A/c Is On... by Murphy7h4: 7:30am On Aug 10, 2012
Good job!
Re: Smoke Enters My Car When A/c Is On... by sultaan(m): 12:19am On Aug 11, 2012
by the way do you have cabin air filter?
Re: Smoke Enters My Car When A/c Is On... by infolpf: 3:01pm On Oct 28, 2012
Oga Sultaan, you sef!
The guy thought he had a leak in his normal operating a/c, and you think he would know what a cabin air filter is? You no see as Wallie put picture?

1 Like

Re: Smoke Enters My Car When A/c Is On... by Fhemmmy: 3:39pm On Oct 30, 2012
From the pix attached, i will advice to make sure the last button on the right is turn on, and that made the air flow to be within and not allow air into the ride . . .

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Your Advice On What Car To Buy / I Want To Buy A Car Within The Price Tag Of 2million To 800000 / Can FRSC Ticket An Unregistered Car (tokunbo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.