Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring (6997 Views)

See What My Girlfriend Has Been Using Cucumber For (+18 Pix) / What Is The Most Annoying Habit That Your Boyfriend/ Girlfriend Has? / Worst Thing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Has Ever Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by kojeiwa(m): 4:35pm On Dec 19, 2007
If you later find out the your girlfriend you know she is responsible, a graduate and well behave girl has a

tongue ring, What will you honestly do. You asked her why, she said she just like it.

Guys what do you think, Would you mind?
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by chuckdee4(m): 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2007
A tounge ring doesn't make her less of a person, so why the fuss. If she likes it then u should let her be
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by Dreloaded(f): 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2007
Im not into piercings myself but if you have a problem, let her find someone that wouldnt cry over something so irrelevant

Keep in mind that other person WILL enjoy the benefits of said tongue piercing.
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by uspry1(f): 4:43pm On Dec 19, 2007
I assume she is young WESTERNIZED (spelled?) "BAD GIRL" wannbe thinking pierced tongue is cool, but not think about the consequence that she will get more problem on tongue when she grow older. Let her be!

If you don't like it, find someone else who is not pierced tongue!!! You cannot force her to be removed it. It is her decision, her style, her body, and her property, not yours!
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by chika98: 4:49pm On Dec 19, 2007
Da hell? Let her be!
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by Macgreat(m): 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2007
Ring on tongue? . . for Naija? . .
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by kojeiwa(m): 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2007
Yeah she is Naija
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by almondjoy(f): 4:59pm On Dec 19, 2007
Of all the things to worry about in the year of almost 2008, a tongue ring? undecided Na wah for Nigerians oh! For your local information, women have rings on their clitoris and guy have rings on their balls. So? undecided

Did you not see the tongue ring before you got involved with her?  If you are not happy with it, please act like an adult and address your concerns with "your girlfriend" instead of gossiping and stewing about it.  It shows you are very immature

To answer your question as a Nigerian woman too, I will definitely not remove it since I was not hypnotized when I put it there.  I am happy with it and that should be sufficient enough a reason to leave it there.  I can never displease myself to please any guy no matter how in love.  It is always a good thing for people to like you for whom you are and not go about trying to change you.  I do not cater to such nonsense.  You can end the relatiohship if it pleases you!

Bottom line-----------------------------THE ANSWER IS NO!  I WILL NOT REMOVE IT, because it is none of your business! You are only a boyfriend, not a husband. Even if you were my husband, I will still not remove it.  You need to learn to respect people's individual's wishes for you do not own them.

Thank you!
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by Dreloaded(f): 5:05pm On Dec 19, 2007
Lol if this boy knew what he'd enjoy with said tongue ring, he wouldnt be crying. Then again that's if she even knows about it herself cheesy

Macgreat:

Ring on tongue? . . for Naija? . .

Is it now the same Nigeria that you have people walking around with tattoos all over the place? Doesnt Oge Okoye have like 7?
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by Dalby(m): 9:50pm On Dec 19, 2007
almondjoy:

Of all the things to worry about in the year of almost 2008, a tongue ring? undecided Na wah for Nigerians oh! For your local information, women have rings on their clitoris and guy have rings on their balls. So? undecided

Did you not see the tongue ring before you got involved with her? If you are not happy with it, please act like an adult and address your concerns with "your girlfriend" instead of gossiping and stewing about it. It shows you are very immature

To answer your question as a Nigerian woman too, I will definitely not remove it since I was not hypnotized when I put it there. I am happy with it and that should be sufficient enough a reason to leave it there. I can never displease myself to please any guy no matter how in love. It is always a good thing for people to like you for whom you are and not go about trying to change you. I do not cater to such nonsense. You can end the relationship if it pleases you!

Bottom line-----------------------------THE ANSWER IS NO! I WILL NOT REMOVE IT, because it is none of your business! You are only a boyfriend, not a husband. Even if you were my husband, I will still not remove it. You need to learn to respect people's individual's wishes for you do not own them.

Thank you!

Your thoughts and views are rather extremist don't you think undecided

A mid path in life always gets you home safe and sound lipsrsealed

If somebody is a robber and wishes to continue because he is lazy but has a gun should I respect that

Life is all about living and let live. We make compromises and expect the same from others to an extent.
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by Dreloaded(f): 9:54pm On Dec 19, 2007
What's the compromise in this situation?
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by kojeiwa(m): 1:36am On Dec 20, 2007
@Almondjoy

I don't think you can really stay in a relationship. When you are committed to somebody, it is not all about you anymore.

You have to put your parnter's wishes and worries into consideration too. Tongue ring is something the society doesn't see

as decent in a girl. Most girls that have tongue ring as perceive as freak. Imagine a guy introducing a girl to his family or friend

and they notice she has a tongue, how do you think the will perceive that girl, especially if they know the guy is a decent guy.

You talk like you don't have sense
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by ariblaze(m): 3:07am On Dec 20, 2007
kissing is automatically

bumped to every 5minutes cool
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:59am On Dec 20, 2007
i see nothing wrong with a tongue ring (though i will never ever dream or think of getting one) for those who are comfortable with it. but if you know you do not like it, then tell her you are not comfortable with it.
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by iice(f): 9:02am On Dec 20, 2007
ariblaze:

kissing is automatically

bumped to every 5minutes cool

My grandson, you do well cheesy cheesy

@Topic. . .hmmm i see, reconciling piercings with 'responsibleness' is still far off
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by kerzakov(m): 1:14pm On Dec 20, 2007
dear poster, is a tongue ring your only problem? then you don't have any sha.
FIND ONE WITOUT A tongue ring
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by niceuzor: 1:27pm On Dec 20, 2007
Take the ring from her Tongue and put it the right position!
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by Dalby(m): 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2007
D-reloaded:

What's the compromise in this situation?

Life is all about living and let live. We make compromises and expect the same from others to an extent.

Knowing that we all have our short falls (so says society) we are able to live with some of the excessess of our partners to the extent of the dictates of our society, culture and indeed our religious affiliations.

Like you rightly asked in this case if you cannot stand a ring in the tongue, then there is no compromise cool
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by blueband(m): 2:23pm On Dec 20, 2007
Tongue ring, I find it very appealing and sexy. grin shocked
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by Dreloaded(f): 3:27pm On Dec 20, 2007
kojeiwa:

@Almondjoy

I don't think you can really stay in a relationship.

She's actually married WITH kids. Shows how much you know.

all these foolish boys just dey yarn and run their mouths with nothing to say.
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by kojeiwa(m): 4:53pm On Dec 20, 2007
@D-reloaded

Then why is she talking so unreasonable. Its so easy for Nairalander to say leave her and go

find another without a tonque ring. How many of you guys will actually leave your partner for any

misunderstanding, as you adviced. Nairaland is a forum to seek people honest opinion and view and

i see most Nairalanders give advice on something they wouldn't do. How many Nigerian girls

have you guys seem with a tongue ring. Just name one.
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by dimpules: 5:36pm On Dec 20, 2007
Tongue ring, don't like it. If you are comfortable with it then that's fine. But imagine she didnt have it when you started dating and later went to put it there. hmmmm tough one. will you leave her cos of a tongue ring? na u go decide sha
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by kojeiwa(m): 7:19pm On Dec 20, 2007
I wouldn't leave her because of a tongue ring, It just doesn't look decent to me.
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by Dreloaded(f): 7:25pm On Dec 20, 2007
kojeiwa:

@D-reloaded

Then why is she talking so unreasonable. Its so easy for Nairalander to say leave her and go

find another without a tonque ring. How many of you guys will actually leave your partner for any

misunderstanding, as you adviced. Nairaland is a forum to seek people honest opinion and view and

i see most Nairalanders give advice on something they wouldn't do. How many Nigerian girls

have you guys seem with a tongue ring. Just name one.

Considering the reason WHY most people get a tongue ring, a guy with one is USUALLY homosexual, there are exceptions though. Btw most Nigerians look down on tattoos yet I know alot of Nigerian guys with them so what is your point?

She is not "talking unreasonable", her point is right. If you cant accept something that you MET her with then GO and find someone else and like I said she'll find someone that wont cry over something so irrelevant

It's one thing if she got the tongue ring while you two were deep in the relationship but you meet someone and alread yyou are trying to tell her what to do with her own body? How does that make any sense?
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by nerone: 7:59pm On Dec 20, 2007
na when she do MouthAction to you na im you go know the need for tongue ring.
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by kunle75(m): 8:43pm On Dec 20, 2007
difft folks for difft stroke,let her be and look out for responsible without pierce. undecided undecided undecided
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by olulu(m): 9:06pm On Dec 20, 2007
if u don't like what ur partner did or didn't do, tell her.
and if u feel dat strong about it, feel free to express , and if she is not ready to change, then do what u have to do.
if u compromise now, u will always have to. shocked
but dats my view and my opinion. cool

grin grin
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by kojeiwa(m): 9:20pm On Dec 20, 2007
My partner can't just do what she likes. If its not appropriate, i will bring it to her attention.

I am not a woman rapper that go after un neccesary things my girl does and just let it slide.

I will definitely address my concern. I am not the controlling type neither.
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by NihilceM: 9:29pm On Dec 20, 2007
kojeiwa:

My partner can't just do what she likes. If its not appropriate, i will bring it to her attention.

I am not a woman rapper that go after un neccesary things my girl does and just let it slide.

I will definitely address my concern. I am not the controlling type neither.

So what is your business with her tongue ring?

Naijas and their beliefs.

Some even think that red heads are evil.
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by bjibola: 9:49pm On Dec 20, 2007
Nihil-ce-M:

So what is your business with her tongue ring?

Naijas and their beliefs.

Some even think that red heads are evil.

Whats not a bf's business with his gf's tongue ring
Lets be realistic, how the hell do you want to take that kind of person around especially if that was not what u bargained for(as in she didn't have it before). Its the same way chicks try to tell their boyfriends to cut their hair, wear this, do that. My dear, if you don't like it as long as she didn't have it when u met, u have every right to say so. If she insists on it, and you know you cant live with it, maybe u should just take a stepping and move on. Am sure she'll find someone that adores it, and you'll find a girl that detests it and wouldn't get one in her wildest dreams.
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by NihilceM: 10:04pm On Dec 20, 2007
bjibola:

Whats not a boyfriend's business with his girlfriend's tongue ring
Lets be realistic, how the hell do you want to take that kind of person around especially if that was not what u bargained for(as in she didn't have it before). Its the same way chicks try to tell their boyfriends to cut their hair, wear this, do that. My dear, if you don't like it as long as she didn't have it when u met, u have every right to say so. If she insists on it, and you know you can't live with it, maybe u should just take a stepping and move on. Am sure she'll find someone that adores it, and you'll find a girl that detests it and wouldn't get one in her wildest dreams.

Before u quote me unnecessarily note that my post was referred to the bold part of Kojeiwa's posts but if you just wanted to get my attention I'll give it to you.

The reason why i don't like tongue rings is because of the risk of getting an infection but apart from this I don't see anything wrong with them. Asking a guy to cut his hair or to wear nicer outfits are things a guy should do without being solicited by his girlfriend. Even girls know that hair and clothes are important. If that be the case we can go out then with our uncombed hair and dirty, old-fashioned clothes.

Stop making those analogies that can't fool even a kindergarten attendant. When has being able to take care of ourselves become something to associate with a simple fashion trend?
Re: If Your Responsible Girlfriend Has A Tongue Ring by Dreloaded(f): 10:45pm On Dec 20, 2007
kojeiwa:

I am not the controlling type neither.

Obviously you are. Bloody Arab.

You met her with the tongue ring. You should have never bothered her if you knew you were gonna cry about it like a goat.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Best Way To Propose Marriage To Your Girlfriend. / Romance Section's Mid Year Awards. (nominations) / Top Three People That Died For Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.