Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta (10708 Views)

Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) / Man Dies After Lodging With Two Women In A Hotel In Delta / Leading Causes Of Death In Nigeria - NOIPolls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by charlsecy4(m): 9:45am On Aug 10, 2012
UGHELLI—OGBOIN-Ama Community in Bomadi Local Government Area of Delta State, has been thrown into confusion following the death of a bulldozer operator with Setraco Construction Company, Mr. Samuel Onuabuchi, who was stung to death by bees.

Vanguard gathered that the bulldozer operator was attacked by the bees while he was removing trees and debris on the Ogboin-Ama and Akugbene community road that was contracted to his firm for repairs.

A source said Onuabuchi was stung to death before people could come to his rescue, adding that other workers on site with him could not go near him for fear of being stung.

The source, who pleaded anonymity, said Onuabuchi was, however, rushed to Bomadi General Hospital, where he was confirmed dead by doctors.

Describing the death of Onuabuchi as shocking and painful, a management staff of the company, who also pleaded anonymity, said the company would miss the deceased. Disclosing that the deceased hailed from Anambra State and a father of four, he said Mr Onuabuchi was
aged 44.”

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/bees-sting-man-to-death-in-delta/

1 Like

Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Osama10(m): 9:54am On Aug 10, 2012
What a loss.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by miteolu(m): 10:32am On Aug 10, 2012
O ja ile agbon...O ma se o

1 Like

Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by santakris(m): 10:32am On Aug 10, 2012
What a big loss. I hope the bees were not remote with African power.

1 Like

Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by executinal(m): 10:36am On Aug 10, 2012
There is more to this. Was he the only person in the site? Evil bees
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Businesstools(m): 10:39am On Aug 10, 2012
Unfortunate.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 10, 2012
Poor safety adherence

3 Likes

Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Sike(m): 10:40am On Aug 10, 2012
0_0
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by jason123: 10:42am On Aug 10, 2012
African bees are quite aggressive.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Korrection(m): 10:44am On Aug 10, 2012
How do you mean?
blink182: Poor safety adherence
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by slimming: 10:45am On Aug 10, 2012
Condoling with the family.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by obdon: 10:46am On Aug 10, 2012
Is quite unbelievable atleast he should have run for his dear life

1 Like

Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 10, 2012
Rip
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by ifihearam: 10:49am On Aug 10, 2012
Na winch send the bees oooo
Na so una dey do na

3 Likes

Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 10, 2012
R.I.P to the deceased.

Meanhile, our Govt need to protect natural habitat and not to clear everywhere in the name of "Development".

Where can I get Natural Honey ?

2 Likes

Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by gramci: 10:52am On Aug 10, 2012
blink182: Poor safety adherence

Very true
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by sherrylo: 10:55am On Aug 10, 2012
Whao, iya mi agba.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 10, 2012
Those beefs can be wicked and de worst be say dem no get ear to hear sorry. I remember when one stunged me in de village na craze i wan craze dat day undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Man51ut(m): 11:12am On Aug 10, 2012
he could've been allergic, the swelling caused by bee stings, can cause the air pathways in the body to swell and close.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Emmyk(m): 11:15am On Aug 10, 2012
what a sad way to die. rip to him cry
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by sylve11: 11:16am On Aug 10, 2012
executinal: There is more to this. Was he the only person in the site? Evil bees

cool
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by dridowu: 11:17am On Aug 10, 2012
So Sad, may be i was lucky when abt 50 bee sting me in 2009 , but dat day i run like mad man and dos bee still run afta me. So painfull
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Homar(m): 11:23am On Aug 10, 2012
Lmvfao
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Okijajuju1(m): 11:31am On Aug 10, 2012
What a fhucked up way to die..

R.I.P Mr. Operator man.

The HSE Manager in setraco should be queried. He is supposed to have noticed the presence of bees there during the site safety evaluation.

The saddest part is the miserly workmans compensation insurance payout.. What a life!!
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by megxo(m): 11:35am On Aug 10, 2012
Okija_juju: What a fhucked up way to die..

R.I.P Mr. Operator man.

The HSE Manager in setraco should be queried. He is supposed to have noticed the presence of bees there during the site safety evaluation.

The saddest part is the miserly workmans compensation insurance payout.. What a life!!
very fu'cked up way menh
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by alaoeri: 11:51am On Aug 10, 2012
Voodoo African magic in action.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 10, 2012
obdon: Is quite unbelievable atleast he should have run for his dear life

I'm not sure you can out-run bees. . .unless you're Usain Bolt.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by vianneymary: 11:56am On Aug 10, 2012
[q
slimming: Condoling with the family.
God will give them the heart to bear the loss
uote author=Korrection]How do you mean?[/quote]
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Fourcade(m): 11:56am On Aug 10, 2012
Beeman! undecided

alaoeri: Voodoo African magic in action.
People use bees? Haven't seen it in a Nollywood movie! undecided
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Clemzy16(m): 11:59am On Aug 10, 2012
Tragic it is! ...and people will still consume blood honey's produce by those bees..
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by airfinance(m): 12:00pm On Aug 10, 2012
miteolu: O ja ile agbon...O ma se o
grin
miteolu: O ja ile agbon...O ma se o
Omo laff wan kill me for here. Jeje la gbon joko. Why wey be say village all this thin dey happen sef. If na oyinbo man safety helmet and protectc overall with glooves he go wear. But nija no.those people don vex na demolition wey una do. So dey use african airforce follow am. Kurugbe
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by chamber2(m): 12:01pm On Aug 10, 2012
charlsecy4: UGHELLI—OGBOIN-Ama Community in Bomadi Local Government Area of Delta State, has been thrown into confusion following the death of a bulldozer operator with Setraco Construction Company, Mr. Samuel Onuabuchi, who was stung to death by bees.

Vanguard gathered that the bulldozer operator was attacked by the bees while he was removing trees and debris on the Ogboin-Ama and Akugbene community road that was contracted to his firm for repairs.

A source said Onuabuchi was stung to death before people could come to his rescue, adding that other workers on site with him could not go near him for fear of being stung.

The source, who pleaded anonymity, said Onuabuchi was, however, rushed to Bomadi General Hospital, where he was confirmed dead by doctors.

Describing the death of Onuabuchi as shocking and painful, a management staff of the company, who also pleaded anonymity, said the company would miss the deceased. Disclosing that the deceased hailed from Anambra State and a father of four, he said Mr Onuabuchi was
aged 44.”

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/bees-sting-man-to-death-in-delta/

This is the most touching part of this story. So, other workers could not help him for fear of being stung? eh, Nigerians can be very selfish at times, after all, the bees couldn't have killed all of them at the same time. Allowing him die just because of not wanting to be stung is very selfish, inhuman and unmindful. It could have been any of them.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kidney Donor Wanted Urgently / COVID-19 Update For October 30 2020 In Nigeria / Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.