Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,735 members, 7,813,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta (10707 Views)

Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) / Man Dies After Lodging With Two Women In A Hotel In Delta / Leading Causes Of Death In Nigeria - NOIPolls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by victorD3: 12:02pm On Aug 10, 2012
Olodostein: R.I.P to the deceased.

Meanhile, our Govt need to protect natural habitat and not to clear everywhere in the name of "Development".

Where can I get Natural Honey ?

I will drop you at the exact spot he was attacked you can fetch some.
Stupid longer throat!
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by gulfer: 12:10pm On Aug 10, 2012
I support those who say the safety of the driver was compromised by the company. There should have been a proper assessment of the area for deforestation; and a pre- task assessment before commencement on the date. Either the safety manager failed to properly train the driver and his supervisor on the safety steps or the driver ignored safety and chose to commence work with the active connivance of his supervisor.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Tadup: 12:11pm On Aug 10, 2012
Militant bees!
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Shaw007(m): 12:21pm On Aug 10, 2012
executinal: There is more to this. Was he the only person in the site? Evil bees
he was d only person 2 annoy d bees
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Jasiel(f): 12:25pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ignorance!!! The power of bees have been underestimated this side of the universe. Even pest control in advanced countries can't do anything when bees sting in huge numbers. The only advice they'll offer is to leave the vicinity as fast as you can. African bees are highly aggressive, protective of their hive and will sting anything or anyone that threatens them. One sting from a bee in itself doesn't kill...its when they sting in large numbers.
As long as humans continue to encroach on the natural habitat of those bees, they should expect more encounters with them...

2 Likes

Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Butoneday2(m): 12:35pm On Aug 10, 2012
Evil bees?
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by alexsamjnr(m): 12:40pm On Aug 10, 2012
OMG
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by sharpshap(m): 12:45pm On Aug 10, 2012
obdon: have you ever been chased by bees? The move very fast and in group. Even if he ran, they will still troop and chase at him.Is quite unbelievable atleast he should have run for his dear life
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Skmoda360(m): 1:05pm On Aug 10, 2012
o ja ile agbon, osi ta e pa..im really sory 4 his 4kids n wife who will miss him the most.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by ab1x: 1:10pm On Aug 10, 2012
Dis one pass me. Truely, there is more to this than the physical eyes can decode. May his soul rest in perfect peace. Amen
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Mutee: 1:17pm On Aug 10, 2012
obdon: Is quite unbelievable atleast he should have run for his dear life
I don't think you've ever seen an army of bee attacking. Don't even pray for your enemy to be a victim. When they're much, you run they follow.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by dridowu: 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
chamber2:

This is the most touching part of this story. So, other workers could not help him for fear of being stung? eh, Nigerians can be very selfish at times, after all, the bees couldn't have killed all of them at the same time. Allowing him die just because of not wanting to be stung is very selfish, inhuman and unmindful. It could have been any of them.
bros 4get dat 1 u are talking abt, if u have seen where bee sting some1 blve me u won't go near d person at all. Am talking frm horror experiene. Wen d bees sting me pple are running away from me. If dat bee sting u dat is wen u will know how painful.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Mutee: 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
Jasiel: Ignorance!!! The power of bees have been underestimated this side of the universe. Even pest control in advanced countries can't do anything when bees sting in huge numbers. The only advice they'll offer is to leave the vicinity as fast as you can. African bees are highly aggressive, protective of their hive and will sting anything or anyone that threatens them. One sting from a bee in itself doesn't kill...its when they sting in large numbers.
As long as humans continue to encroach on the natural habitat of those bees, they should expect more encounters with them...
This is a knowledgeable comment so far.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by topsy1971: 1:22pm On Aug 10, 2012
What type of bulldozer was he using. Bulldozers are equipped with enclosed compartment that could be locked for safety against incidence like this.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Mutee: 1:27pm On Aug 10, 2012
chamber2:

This is the most touching part of this story. So, other workers could not help him for fear of being stung? eh, Nigerians can be very selfish at times, after all, the bees couldn't have killed all of them at the same time. Allowing him die just because of not wanting to be stung is very selfish, inhuman and unmindful. It could have been any of them.
Oga, do a research into bee then probably you'll modify your comment. Ignorance is no excuse.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by claremont(m): 1:36pm On Aug 10, 2012
Some people do suffer severe anaphylactic reaction to bee stings. It leads to a complete shut down of respiration and other vital signs thereby leading to death. It is normal, there shouldn't be any reason to suggest that 'juju' is at work in this case.

1 Like

Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by madridsta007(m): 1:44pm On Aug 10, 2012
Poor safety measures by the contracting company. Bulldozers have sealable windows and compartments. Either he didn't use it or it didn't work. I would think the latter happened. Horrible way to die, believe me.

I remember when I was a kid in primary school and mistakenly tampered with an active beehive close to my house. I can never forget that day. I ran faster than Usain Bolt, jumped over fences and walls, crashed into neighbour's gardens, ran through neighbours rooms, saw some strange things going on, kept running and running till I fell in a ditch, the bees kept biting and biting. One of the worst days of my life. I woke up in a hospital, with needles and injections in me and I stayed there a further 3 days.

May his soul rest in peace. The company should be sued by the family.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by ochiaha1(m): 2:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
madridsta007: Poor safety measures by the contracting company. Bulldozers have sealable windows and compartments. Either he didn't use it or it didn't work. I would think the latter happened. Horrible way to die, believe me.

I remember when I was a kid in primary school and mistakenly tampered with an active beehive close to my house. I can never forget that day. I ran faster than Usain Bolt, jumped over fences and walls, crashed into neighbour's gardens, ran through neighbours rooms, saw some strange things going on, kept running and running till I fell in a ditch, the bees kept biting and biting. One of the worst days of my life. I woke up in a hospital, with needles and injections in me and I stayed there a further 3 days.

May his soul rest in peace. The company should be sued by the family.

@Madridsta007, you are very correct.

Poor Fella, he died in the line of active duty; RIP. sad

The construction company should ensure that the wife and children of the deceased worker are adequately compensated in order not to truncate their education and future due to the death of their bread-winner.

The construction company should ensure that the Caterpillars that they will use in future for such bush clearing excersise for Road or Estate construction should be type that has windows that can be closed so that dangerous insects and reptiles, like snakes, cannot strike at the Caterpillar Driver while he is busy at work.

1 Like

Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by pyyxxaro: 2:38pm On Aug 10, 2012
gboss4sure: Those beefs can be wicked and de worst be say dem no get ear to hear sorry. I remember when one[b] stunged[/b] me in de village na craze i wan craze dat day undecided undecided undecided undecided

Boss u jus won kill mi with FUSE grin shocked grin !! Which won b STUNGED ME again ? u for jus say STANGED ME , MK I NO SAY U B Mr Ibu grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by sexyglow(f): 3:52pm On Aug 10, 2012
jason123: African bees are quite aggressive.
yeah especially the wild ones.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Goldenheart(m): 3:59pm On Aug 10, 2012
chamber2:

are u looking 4 whom to blame? Blame d murderers...
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Goldenheart(m): 4:02pm On Aug 10, 2012
so, who is d first 2 blame GEJ.??

1 Like

Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 10, 2012
After snake,its bee,if only they were not created?bees can be so wicked o,and they attack in swarms.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by gsmgold: 5:24pm On Aug 10, 2012
Osama10: What a loss.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Piyke: 6:18pm On Aug 10, 2012
dridowu: So Sad, may be i was lucky when abt 50 bee sting me in 2009 , but dat day i run like mad man and dos bee still run afta me. So painfull

Even one sting from a bee to a person who is allergic to insect stings is enough to cause death from an anaphylactic reaction (a very rapid allergic reaction)

I also had a nasty experience with bees many years ago had close 50 stings when I and a few friends raided a bee hive...very stupid thing to do as a teenager. From experience, outrunning a drove of bees is next to impossible
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by interleukin(f): 6:34pm On Aug 10, 2012
im village pepple don kill am chop.poor man.i pity im family them.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by member479760: 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2012
shit do happen at work, condoling is not the right for employer to do only but making sure that the employer pay for the damages. The family need to get a lawyer right away to fight fully for their right. work compensation, social security and life insurance and what else do the right thing.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Dawdy(m): 8:28pm On Aug 10, 2012
So sad! the man received bee venom therapy to death.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by chigoziec: 9:09pm On Aug 10, 2012
May god accept his soul ,managing to survive in this country hmmmm
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by ajf(m): 9:35pm On Aug 10, 2012
In africa, everything must be supernatural one of the reasons we are in this sorry state. We are lazy thinkers smh.
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Bzoe(f): 10:09pm On Aug 10, 2012
RIP
Re: Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
RIP, bee venom can be potent if you get a good dose of it.

Manswers suggests that you keep running.
The only way the bees will ever stop is if you are dead or far from their territory.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For October 30 2020 In Nigeria / Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 / WHO Declares Nigeria Polio-free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.