Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

What Software Have You Created? - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Software Have You Created? (11323 Views)

What Software/applications Sells In Nigeria Nowadays / What Software Have You Created [remix] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Software Have You Created? by NwaIkenga(m): 11:29pm On Oct 25, 2011
Im interested in helping to resell software made by folks on this forum on my site. Is anyone interested?
Re: What Software Have You Created? by WebSurfer(m): 1:12pm On Oct 31, 2011
^^^^ or u just want their softwares!
Re: What Software Have You Created? by Wallie(m): 9:16pm On Nov 03, 2011
In my prior life, I wrote some codes for sensors that capture gigabytes per second of real life data into a real-time VxWorks environment. The embedded code then processes the data before forwarding it into a Matlab environment on a PC for signal processing.

I wrote the following set of codes over the span of about 2 years:
[list]
[li]Embedded code in the VxWorks using C/C++ that has to respond to milliseconds interrupts. [/li]
[li]The interface code that connects the Dy4 board to the PC through a fiber optic card. The code was also written in C++. To debug, I occasionally connect a Logic Analyzer in between. I used to know every word in the fiber optic protocol like the back of my hand.[/li]
[li]The code inside the PC that performs signal processing on the data. The code was written in MATLAB wrapped in C.[/li]
[/list]

I used to live and breathe MATLAB! I could do things that MATLAB employees think were impossible. Fun times!
Re: What Software Have You Created? by Mobinga: 3:43pm On Nov 04, 2011
I once developed a programming language and its compiler, complete with GC, all libraries.

Although very efficient it was a loosely typed PL.

There was only one method, one argument, one everything

void Mobinga();

Sadly my hard disk crashed, and I lost everything.
Re: What Software Have You Created? by noibilism(m): 9:57pm On Nov 07, 2011
I have done a web based information management & loan management system with real time SMS alerts for a Savings & Loans Company in lagos, I am currently doing a Virtual CFO system to be launched in january for a finance company in lagos.
Re: What Software Have You Created? by yommysomguy(m): 2:02am On Nov 08, 2011
Me too
Re: What Software Have You Created? by matrix4u(m): 8:43am On Apr 05, 2013
I have wriiten
[right][/right]<Code Encryptor and Decryptor>
Re: What Software Have You Created? by mathefaro(m): 6:26am On Apr 07, 2013
as for me, a calculator in both vbasic and java, GP calculator in visual basic to help students calculate their GP and some other small small mathematical related softwares, like equations solver. Bt from what i hav seen in thiis thread so far, i've not started anytin. May God help me o
Re: What Software Have You Created? by Danyl(m): 9:36pm On Apr 11, 2013
I did a forex pivot point calculator
*Q & A test maker
*livestock feed calculator
*Identity management software-under construction.
*Class Monitor integrated wit schl attendance and exam management capability-under constructn.
Re: What Software Have You Created? by CHIMSKY(m): 6:43am On Apr 13, 2013
There’s no logical explanation for Yahoo’s reported $30 million acquisition of Summly, an app created by a 17-year-old Brit that launched five months ago. The team and technology are unexceptional and the app itself will be shut down. What Yahoo really gets for its big check is momentum and buzz.

In other words, Yahoo bought Summly to appear cool again.

Yahoo was last cool in approximately the mid 1990s. It has been attempting comebacks ever since. Its best stab at renewed relevance came in 2005, when Yahoo bought a string of hot startups, including bookmarking service Delicious, photo-sharing pioneer Flickr, and events site Upcoming. For a brief moment, people in Silicon Valley sat up and took fresh interest in Yahoo. But once Yahoo’s crop of golden founders started walking out the door, the optimism and innovation quickly faded.

Summly might just be the first in a new wave of similarly high-profile acquisitions under freshly installed CEO Marissa Mayer. By acquiring the algorithmic news summary app, Mayer sent a loud public message that she’s interested in mobile apps and innovative software, two weak spots for Yahoo. And by bringing Summly’s baby-faced founder on board along with two other employees of the startup, Mayer sends a not-so-subtle message that the company can make fresh and vital hires again.

Still, $10 million per head, 90 percent of it reportedly in cash, is quite a price to pay for some buzz about reinvigoration. But Yahoo needs to change a lot of minds about its trajectory. It’s not just curmudgeons in the tech press and weary advertising customers Yahoo needs to convince but also engineers in Silicon Valley, who have their pick of potential employers.

“I’m already impressed with the change in talent pool of our candidates,” Mayer said on an earnings call later last year. “It’s increased in quality and volume.”

Despite Mayer’s optimism, it must be tough for Yahoo to compete for recruits against world-changing pre-IPO startups like Twitter or posh, highly profitable internet companies like Facebook or Google. If the Summly deal and similar acquisitions can give Yahoo more of an edge in the fight for talent, the premiums involved will seem a bit less insane.

Spending a lot of money on cool startups like Summly won’t make Yahoo cool again, but it helps make a comeback possible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Magento Theme Tutorial: Find Out How To Switch To Different Theme / Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones / Guys Upwork Has Not Been On Side. No Job Since....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.