Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt (23237 Views)

Carl Ikeme Shares Photo With His Daughter / Carl Ikeme With His Wife & Two Children (Photo) / Carl Ikeme, Super Eagles Goalkeeper Set To Replace Enyeama (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by solgee(m): 9:29am On Aug 11, 2012
afam4eva: I just hope Usain Bolt won't say the same thing about me when I break the world record in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Brother he won‘t say such. Da Lord is your muscle...
Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by Humblesam(m): 10:12am On Aug 11, 2012
okay usain bolt,i too will lose all respect i
have for you when i hear that you have
tested positive to steroids
Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by Humblesam(m): 10:14am On Aug 11, 2012
Humblesam: okay usain bolt,i too will lose all respect i
have for you when i hear that you have
tested positive to steroids
wait for him to test positive. But for now respect him
Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by vislabraye(m): 10:22am On Aug 11, 2012
Carl Lewis is just soooo envious and petty. Its a shame how such a once upon legend would stoop low to start yarning dust. He says he's not taking anything from his victory but at the same time you're accusing Jamaican athletes. Some one should remind Carl Lewis that he once tested positive for banned substance.
Bolt even retweeted that NBC did not show the 200 meters race. Lol. Lots of clowns. Any way that's what make the olympics more interesting.

May be Bolt should submit his sputum and saliva for test.

1 Like

Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by obongtunji: 11:00am On Aug 11, 2012
Lewis please keep your old mouth shut if you don't know how to respect people, is it a crime for somebody to break record Bolt please watch yourself, I guess they are about to set you up....lop

1 Like

Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by ndsmartt(m): 11:14am On Aug 11, 2012
When a thief becomes too rich from stealing,he propagates laws banning stealing

2 Likes

Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by member479760: 11:19am On Aug 11, 2012
Bolt is on Jamo heavy un-popular drug, white never discover how to test it. time will tell. cheater!
Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by Hotdiamond(m): 11:42am On Aug 11, 2012
JAMB 2013- USE OF ENGLISH
fill in the gap
1) pele is to messi as Carl Lewis is to . . .

1 Like

Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by trulyspeaking: 12:01pm On Aug 11, 2012
nakedall: Bolt is on Jamo heavy un-popular drug, white never discover how to test it. time will tell. cheater!

Flo Jo was accused of using drugs died at an early age of heart attack.. Marlene ottey at 52 is still running and narrowly missed a chance to run at the london olympics cause she has been surviving on coconut juice. I don't know what Juice keeps Bolt going, Carl lewis mentioned an important variable longevity ...but only time will tell.

[img][/img]

52-year-old Jamaican-born Merlene Ottey

Jamaican sprint legend Merlene Ottey missed out on a spot in what would have been a record eight Olympic Games, when the Slovenian relay team failed to make it to the 4X100m final at the European Championships in Helsinki on Saturday.

Ottey and the Slovenian squad needed to move from 21st to 16th in the world rankings, but finished in sixth place in the opening semi-final of the competition. Ottey was already out of a chance of making it to the games with a season's best of 11.82 seconds, but had an outside shot of making an appearance with the relay team.

The sprinter, who won a 200m silver for Jamaica in Moscow in 1980, and who holds a record nine Olympic track and field medals and three World Championship golds, could not roll back the years on the track where she competed in the inaugural World Championship in 1983. She won silver in the 200m back then behind Marita Koch of East Germany, ahead American sprinter Florence Griffith Joyner, who still holds the world records for the fastest times over the 100m and 200m. An astounding 29 years later Ottey, at 52 years old the sprinter who has broken several records for longevity, intends to keep going because of a love for the sport.

"I love the sport," Ottey said. "That's why I'm still on the track. It feels good to be here in Helsinki again."

That's why I'm still on the track. It feels good to be here in Helsinki again

1 Like

Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 11, 2012
Tawa-Temi:

Mr Sensible pele o. So if you are accused of stealing meat,won't u make an attempt of proving your innocense? Unless you steal d meat then u keep quiet. That's d reason Usain Bolt said he has no respect for Carl Lewis cos he believes he didn't cheat. Proving it further will make him go for d test even without being asked so that he can shut d bleep of Carl Lewis up!
Is he scared? I doubt that. So Oga Ade, use ur brain b4 attacking people in a public forum,Ode.

Na wa oº°˚! Why do we like calling people names? Look, all atheletes are tested before any competition! Its not in Bolts place to go asking for a test! He has already been tested...we really need to stop abusing people sha...
Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by porka: 12:08pm On Aug 11, 2012
gistme24: Why do some retired athletes get a hard on when a younger athlete is close to surpassing their records:
Pele With Messi, now Carl lewis with Bolt..

Can't they just be as gracious as Seb Coe who went out of his way to help Rudisha cement his name as probably the best in the 800M, or Michael Johnson whom many athletes still thank for his impart on their career.

Because they know what they did while in active duty.

Extra-ordinary performances like Bolt's always raise eyebrows.

We have to wait more years for new testing reagents, methods and equipments to drug-proof Usain before we can applaud him truly.

Marion Jones similarly garnered medals on medals in time past until she was exposed by her estranged boyfriend.

She wept and wept in utter shame years later.

If Usain was an American, there is no assurance that he would not have had drug issues, probably that what Carl is saying.

Michael Johnson's case is helped, I believed, by his quiet retirement after the games.

Carl Lewis is jealous no doubt, all humans are, but Usain may well tone down his rhetoric, you cannot be calling a LEGEND and not expect some reactions one way or another.

He might be needing Carl for support in the future, having gone through a similar drug issue himself.

Does Jamaica have the needed resources to play the IOC politics when the time comes? It's doubtful.
Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by Aifey(m): 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2012
ooseven: Enemies of progress. A Chinese girl broke the world record in swimming, they all screamed DRUGS. The poor girl was unable to enjoy her success. Usain Bolt and co did a 1.2.3, they are still screaming DRUGS!!!! However, when their flying squirrel won gold in Gymnastics, we no here word. Even CNN interview im mama and foster mama, Procter and gamble use them do advert. Its all well and good now that they are No1 at the rankings, if it was China, they would have started showing "propagandic" videos of the Chinese rigorous training regime for kids.
I encorage people 2watch press tv n understnd the wikedness of cnn n america. Its free 2air on my tv
Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by TawaTemi1(f): 12:37pm On Aug 11, 2012
tchidi:

Na wa oº°˚! Why do we like calling people names? Look, all atheletes are tested before any competition! Its not in Bolts place to go asking for a test! He has already been tested...we really need to stop abusing people sha...

My brother,I don't insult people anyhow. But d guy asked for it. Read his comment esp d last paragraph,imagine him telling me that d comment I made was not sensible. That to me, was an insult.
I know they test most of these atheletes b4 any major competition but I was only suggesting that in order for Bolt to prove his innocense againt egbon and agbaya Lewis,he should go for another test,infact if it was me,I will do it under his nose in order to tell him face-to-face to go and suck his thumb. Bolt's integrity is on line here. I dont know if u understand me o,but is that too much to say?
Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by ADEMOSU(m): 12:51pm On Aug 11, 2012
Lewis has a point. But if Bolt Doped and not yet caught he is still a better athlet.
Meaning Lewis beaten in all competition by Bolt.
Dopping inclusive .

2 Likes

Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 11, 2012
Tawa-Temi:

My brother,I don't insult people anyhow. But d guy asked for it. Read his comment esp d last paragraph,imagine him telling me that d comment I made was not sensible. That to me, was an insult.
I know they test most of these atheletes b4 any major competition but I was only suggesting that in order for Bolt to prove his innocense againt egbon and agbaya Lewis,he should go for another test,infact if it was me,I will do it under his nose in order to tell him face-to-face to go and suck his thumb. Bolt's integrity is on line here. I dont know if u understand me o,but is that too much to say?

Oya no vex, make we go chill out! Drink is on me! (Meanwhile, I be babe oº°˚! ) wink
Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by policy2613: 1:09pm On Aug 11, 2012
He doesn't have to be substance free o! If Jamaica has developed a Mechanism for training their sprinters or created a natural drug that is not illegal then who is to blame. Abegii Usain bolt na runner. He's tall and strong, you can even behold his athleticism. So oga Carl, biko hapugodi that nigga...He's a made man.

1 Like

Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by TawaTemi1(f): 1:58pm On Aug 11, 2012
tchidi:

Oya no vex, make we go chill out! Drink is on me! (Meanwhile, I be babe oº°˚! ) wink

shocked cheesy ,hahahahaha. Seriously? I tot I saw Chidi(my eyes skipped d T and d female stuff) which is literally for guys in d Igbo land.
My sister, pls send 50litres of Palm wine to my end here. Emu funfun l'ogun iba,ema yo mu wink.
Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by TawaTemi1(f): 1:59pm On Aug 11, 2012
tchidi:

shocked cheesy hahahahaha seriously? I thought I saw Chidi(my eyes skipped d T and d female)which is literally used for guys from d Igbo land,sowie my bad.
Sister, abeg send 50litres of palm wine to my end. Emu funfun l'ogun iba,ema yoo mu.
Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 11, 2012
Its just the typical American mentality.

They must win in everything. They don't like to lose or share the spotlight especially with people they see as "beneath" them. Can you imagine a super power with over 300 million people losing to third world nations especially top athletes from a tiny Caribbean Island with only about 3 million? tongue LOL according to them it's not supposed to be that way.

They fail to realize the history, diet and mindset of the ppl of my island is enough tongue.

On average Jamos, like practically all citizens of developing nations are healthier than Americans.
Because of that in order to achieve what comes naturally to a fit Jamo, Americans have to train extra harder. They will eat a salad for years drowned in dressing and drink gatorade tongue meanwhile Jamos eat plenty soup with yam, and drink carrot juice etc.

My thing is this...if you suspect the Jamaicans are too fast and should be tested, then why not test Carmelita Jeter who beat Veronica Campbell for a silver in the 100m

and especially check this one, Sanya Richards Ross, Jamaican born runner for the US who defeated the two Jamos and four other nationals with EASE in the 400m.

[img]http://thegrio.files./2012/08/sanya-richards-ross-wins.jpg?w=560[/img]

Oh yeah I forgot. Their testing techniques are superior so no need. tongue Hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2012
ADEMOSU: Lewis has a point. But if Bolt Doped and not yet caught he is still a better athlet.
Meaning Lewis beaten in all competition by Bolt.
Dopping inclusive .

lol.

Usain isn't on the drug.
Neither are the other Jamos.

American Allyson Felix somehow managed to defeat "human road runner" (lol) Shellyann Fraser-Pryce in the 200 m.
So, is she doping? grin

It's just common sense. The Yanks screaming foul justify the stereotypes about them yet again.
Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by newacca: 4:37pm On Aug 11, 2012
USAIN BOLT... THE CHEETAH MAN! Ride on Brova. smiley
Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by dayokanu(m): 4:49pm On Aug 11, 2012
Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by Myself2(m): 7:10pm On Aug 11, 2012
Carl Lewis reeks of dope,he should go and battle with his conscience for stealing gold medals;as I dont believe he won any cleanly
Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by maasoap(m): 7:22pm On Aug 11, 2012
dadicvila: is there an existing court injunction stopping them 4rm testing him for banned substance??what do u mean by submit himself?please i dont get you oO!Do u after taking 1st in school walk straight to the principal's office asking him to subject you to further exams??please we should learn to talk sensibly
Don't mind that guy, he doesn't know that there are random tests for the athletes from time to time. Even during any tournament, they all have to undergo drug tests. That guy is simply ignorant of what he was talking about.
Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:49pm On Aug 11, 2012
Ijebulogic: What is Carl's opinion on "Pot-Head" Phelps? Americans and their double standards.....The only legacy carl lewis has left is that messed up haircut from the 90's.

Are you minding Carl Lewis? If Phelps like let him s.moke everything and become the greatest athlete of all time. Carl Lewis won't say anything because he is American.

Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by emmalezy(m): 11:14pm On Aug 11, 2012
I D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ watch
Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by rhymz(m): 8:53am On Aug 12, 2012
Carl Lewis vs. Usain Bolt: Was the American Legend Right To Say Jamaican Drug Testing Isn't Up to Snuff? By Natasha Geiling Updated Friday, Aug. 10, 2012, at 6:05 PM ET Usain Bolt cemented his status as history’s greatest sprinter on Thursday, becoming the first man to win the “sprint double”— the 100 meters and 200 meters—in two separate Olympics. After his victory in the 200, Bolt took a moment todenounce another all-time great. “Carl Lewis, I have no respect for him," Bolt said, explaining that he was perturbed by the American sprinter’s past comments about Jamaicans and performance-enhancing drugs. In 2008, Lewis publicly questioned Jamaica’s doping regulations, saying, “Countries like Jamaica do not have a random program, so they can go months without being tested. I'm not saying anyone is on anything, but everyone needs to be on a level playing field.” He’s not the only person to raise questions about Jamaica’s testing protocols. Ina 2011 interview with La Gazetta dello Sport, BALCO founder Victor Conte said he believed the Jamaicans were somehow flouting the rules. (Conte also said this week that60 percent of athletes at the Olympics are on drugs .) Apart from speculation, is there any evidence that Jamaican doping regulations fall behind the international standard? In an article published yesterday by Jamaica’s RJR News, Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission doping control officer Paul Wright refuted claims that the country doesn’t police drug use. According to Wright, JADCO administers tests up to five times a day for 40 weeks during the athletic season. In a direct contradiction of Lewis’ 2008 gripe, Wright also asserts that JADCO carries out unannounced tests. Internationally, Jamaica complies with doping regulations as defined by the World Anti-Doping Agency,an independent body founded in 1999 and partially funded by the International Olympic Committee. In 2003, Jamaica signed theCopenhagen Declaration on Anti-Doping in Sport , agreeing to recognize and implement an international standard of anti-doping regulations as defined by the WADA. The United States was also a signatory, along with 191 other nations. It wasn’t until four years ago, however— just days before the opening ceremony of the Beijing Games—that the Jamaican congress approvedthe Anti-Doping in Sport Act, which created the country’s anti-doping commission. (Prior to that, Jamaican athletes were subject to testing by one of WADA’s regional anti-doping organizations.) When Lewis talked to SI in 2008, the Jamaican Anti-Doping Commission was only in its second month of existence. At that point, there were questions about how much out- of-competition testing was being done in Jamaica . And Frank Shorter, the American distance runner who served a term as chairman of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency,told the Denver Post that he wasn’t sure how independent the Jamaican commission would be: “When they have a positive test, do they adjudicate it? Do they enforce it? Do they take it to appeal? Or does it go back to the Jamaican federation [to be buried]?" JADCO has now had four years to exert its influence. During this time period, a healthy number of Jamaican track stars have been banned or suspended for drug infractions. In 2011, sprinter Steve Mullingswas banned from competition for life after a banned diuretic was found in his system. (Mullings had previously been suspended for two years after he was found to have elevated testosterone levels.) A year prior, Shelly-Ann Fraserwas suspended for six months for taking oxycodone, a drug that is not considered to be performance-enhancing . The Beijing and London 100-meter gold medalist was the eighth Jamaican athlete in a 12-month period to get nabbed for drug violations. Among those was Bolt’s training partner and double London silver medalist Yohan Blake, who wasbenched for three months for taking a banned stimulant . (Bolt himself has never failed a drug test.) Following Fraser’s 2010 suspension in 2010, WADA’s director-generalDavid Howman defended the country’s program , saying “there was nothing that made the [Jamaican] agency non-compliant with the WADA Code.” Last year, in a report delivered by WADA to its board, the Jamaican Anti- Doping Commission was found to be a WADA-compliant organization. (National organizations must perform a certain amount of out-of-competition testing to meet the criteria for compliancy.) And following Bolt’s 200-meter race last night, London Olympics chief organizerSebastian Coe also assured naysayers that Jamaica’s anti-doping regulations were compliant with Olympic standards. Carl Lewis, who won 100-meter gold in 1988 after steroid user Ben Johnson was stripped of the title, has been the subject of drug controversies himself. According to documents released in 2003 by the U.S. Olympic Committee’s former director of drug control administration, Lewis tested positive for stimulants and bronchodilators three times in the run-up to the 1988 Olympics. USOC, however,decided to overturn the results after Lewis said he had taken the drugs inadvertently.

1 Like

Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 12, 2012
lol@Carl Still Haunted by Ben Johnson Demons

All the Olympic Athletes are Doping. Carl Lewis was a Drug cheat as well.

He should have just played it smart and waited for the information to come out(Trust, It will Come out)

All Ped stories within sports can't be contained. Too Many Rats

Olympic Drug Testing is a joke. How is Justin Gatlin even allowed to compete, 3 time drug cheat.

Carl should have let Bolt have his Moment, and waited patiently.

People swore up and down Marion wasn't cheating......

Carmelita Jeter gained 40 pounds a deep manly voice and transformed from a skinny garbage sprinter to a NFL RUNNING back in her 30s

(a Age when sprinters are suppose to fall off)

Allyson Felix has a Voice like Shaquille Oneal out of No where...when 5 years ago she sounded like a little girl.

All these Athletes are doped up to the Moon, and so was Carl's Generation.
Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by PhysicsQED(m): 10:03am On Aug 12, 2012
~Royal~:

Carmelita Jeter gained 40 pounds a deep manly voice and transformed from a skinny garbage sprinter to a NFL RUNNING back in her 30s

(a Age when sprinters are suppose to fall off)

Allyson Felix has a Voice like Shaquille Oneal out of No where...when 5 years ago she sounded like a little girl.

lol @ this
Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by Tattooboy: 12:50pm On Aug 12, 2012
honeric01:

Their arrogance is going to be their downfall
well, unfortunately for it's been helping them. They ,ake u lose concentration so they can be concentrated on.
Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by simo2rule(m): 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
ooseven: Enemies of progress. A Chinese girl broke the world record in swimming, they all screamed DRUGS. The poor girl was unable to enjoy her success. Usain Bolt and co did a 1.2.3, they are still screaming DRUGS!!!! However, when their flying squirrel won gold in Gymnastics, we no here word. Even CNN interview im mama and foster mama, Procter and gamble use them do advert. Its all well and good now that they are No1 at the rankings, if it was China, they would have started showing "propagandic" videos of the Chinese rigorous training regime for kids.
Americans are just jerks
Re: No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt by Navalsadiq(m): 5:20am On Aug 13, 2012
Hey carl!wot's the the beef?usain bolt was born to race.please do get over the fact that he has broken ur record and the fact he has achieved wot u did nt even dream of achieving so please embrace his success jst as the whole world did with MICHEAL PHELPS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Wins 38 Million Naira With Just 800 Naira On Bet Naija. / Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Real Madrid 0 – 4 Barcelona [la Liga] Highlights 2015/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.