Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research (16995 Views)

3 Most Important Things, Women Seek From Men(research) / Ugly Men Better Than Handsome Men- Research / Things Smart, Single Men Look For In A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 12, 2012
LMFAO...wat do u expect b4. havent u heard the saying "A man isnt complete till his married then his finished". A woman can make a man a millionaire if only he is a billionaire. nd the main problem is from some girls who see their bfs as ATM way money no dey finish inside. My new prayer request is now for a reasonable, understanding wife way no go reduce my life span atall o...so help me GOD

1 Like

Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 12, 2012
Its so bad that we Nigerians don't argue or discuss issues intellectually as it is, we only go ahead to say what we think, irrespective of the years we spent in school, we still nurture our traditional belief when it seems not to favour our desires.

Lets face the truth, marriage in the past, was less burden to men, because the women were more than loyal, submissive, happy with little things, and hence worked towards ensuring their husbands long life, but nowadays, most ladies prefer their husband dead than alive, if you like agree, if you like don't, but I know what I am talking about & every reasonable adult reading this too knows the truth. Only few marriages today are not burden to the man, but most are, how?

Firstly, let me acknowledge what a fellow wrote up there; he really made some great points when he talked about financial stress & emotional trauma men face today when married.

It is no secret that in Nigeria, ladies face more stress when single, & theirs reduces the moment they get married, & then, men encounter less stress when single & more as soon as they get married. It is not just a research but a fact. The man in Nigeria, the moment he marries, start to think about taking care of himself & his wife, & as soon as kids arrive, the trouble quadruples. This is irrespective of whether he is rich or poor. he starts to think of his wife's family problems, while his wife is busy fighting her husband's family becos she doesn't want to see them, they are worst enemies, & the man is worried & busy thinking of how to bring peace between his family & his wife, he is busy thinking on why his wife hates his mother, & how his mother will be feeling that he had abandoned her for a woman he barely knew for some few years or months, & all these keep downing on the man and making the man's heart beat unsteady even without his knowledge. when the man goes out with his friends, he is busy thinking what his wife will do or her reaction, cos he wants peace, & the woman is somewhere enjoying a home or foreign movie & laughing with the kids while this man is under pressure like:

He is thinking of how to keep afloat financially, how to maintain his financial standard & ensure his kids gets the best education & all that life can offer.
He is battling with his immediate family, siblings & relatives for marrying a woman who now wants to be a barrier & a source of separation in the one-time happy united family. He is busy convincing them that he is not in support of his wife's bad & strange attitudes towards them & people in general, and the woman is somewhere gisting with her friends & enjoying herself, while the man is at war emotionally.

The man constantly receives call from relatives, community, village, street, church, etc for financial assistance & support, no sane society or let me say real Nigerian society or community calls a woman to come & fix the market, to help their children, help the village widows, to do this & that...and all these responsibilities come once a man is married & probably has the money, of which most does.

Generally in Nigeria, men face more stress the moment the get married than when they are single & this is even evident today in the number of young widowed ladies we have today in cities, just try & be more observant from today, you will be surprised to see ladies of 30, 35, 36, 40, 45 widowed, what happened to their husbands? Dead of course, at least a brother of mine was a victim this year...a successful guy just passed away amidst marital stress in which a girl he courted for years & finally married refused to give him peace of mind in the marriage as soon as she gave birth to three kids- honestly, when u look at it sometimes, marriage of today doesn't necessarily worth it! But pls this shouldn't discourage you guys from marrying, peace!

14 Likes

Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by adefash(m): 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2012
What then do we want to do with a long life without getting married and raising children.what have those who live long without getting married been doing with their lives.

1 Like

Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by aribisala0(m): 5:45pm On Aug 12, 2012
rokiatu: Nonsense!!! When your time is up, you are going no matter what.

Single or gay. I don't buy all this bullsh...iit.
For some reason people in 3rd world countries happen to have their Time up earlier than others.
It is also true than only 1 in 5 children live to see their 5th birthday in many of these countries.

1 Like

Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Chiefupper: 5:50pm On Aug 12, 2012
Nawa 4 all dese doctors self,na dem go say sumtin is gud 4 body na dem go stil proof it wrong again.Abeg make dem leave us make we spend our lyf d way we want jare!!
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
...if only women of today can learn to be more peaceful (love your in-laws, especially your mother-in-law, becos u will soon be a mother-in-law too so why trouble your mother-in-law who gave birth to the man you married?), less materialistic, shun greed & comparison, be humble like our mothers & aunts, show more love, respect & concern for their husbands starting from courtship & beyond, then the world will witness peace, & women will be celebrated & worshiped by men! But if this present trend of ladies we have today continues, the world will be AT WAR, and probably marriage will become a thing of the past & more unplanned babies & bastards will be churned out world over!

1 Like

Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 12, 2012
Something must kill a man, no one lives for ever.
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 12, 2012
Orikinla:
[size=28pt]

It has always been better to be single and happy than be married and miserable.

I know many married buddies who told me that they never knew that their so called sweethearts would later become their heartaches in marriage.
Women often hide their true characters until after marriage.

Of all the girlfriends I have dated, only one of them I can pass nights with with my two eyes closed.[/size]

Many people don't know that this institution of marriage was instituted for the benefit of women.
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by hardbody: 5:59pm On Aug 12, 2012
@Topic..........Gays trying to justify their status

2 Likes

Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by buzugee(m): 6:08pm On Aug 12, 2012
PEOPLE STILL MARRY ? suckers
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 12, 2012
Correlation does not equal causation.

1 Like

Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by buzugee(m): 6:10pm On Aug 12, 2012
adefash: What then do we want to do with a long life without getting married and raising children.what have those who live long without getting married been doing with their lives.

job 8 vs 9[b] for we were born only yesterday and know nothing, and our days on earth are but a shadow[/b]
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by MOBBDEEP: 6:11pm On Aug 12, 2012
@ OP & Topic,
Trust me, it is one thing ( a good thing at that ) to live longer. Then, it is another to live longer but miserably !!!

There were a lot of holes in the purported 'abe-ile' research, the most visible of which is failing to separate the incidence of Cardiovascular disorders in those who are happily-married from those who are not.

Mind you, how would you justify using only Cardiovascular disorder incidence as the index for predicting/determining longevity in humans.

Have you seen 2 grown couple who are in love before?
And on the other hand, have you seen a single ( & lonely ) elderly being.
What is the person going to say he lived his or her life for. Don't get me started.
If you see a doting & happy couple, you will know this claim is pure crap.

I remember trying to compare how longer the second of a good couple lives after the demise of the 1st partner ( 'good' being defined here as a function of the difference in age of the couple, number of children, the success of the children, any history of separation etc), I discovered that the 2nd partner usually dies, max, within 1- 2 years.
An appropriate example that comes to my memory here is the couple, of one of the greatest Nigerian Literary giant that ever lived, Late Prof & Mrs J F Odunjo ( the author of ' Alawiye ' series ). The 2nd partner died within 2 days of the death of the 1st. This can tell you the quality of life lived together.

I think I'm talking too much. If you've seen someone really cares for you, and you too, you have human blood running through your veins and have warm heart enough to recept the love gestures to radiate more love, this piece of shitload called research will fly out from where it entered.

Love ( not all these silly " what is he or she worth/what's in it for me/we-see,we-chop" kind of love ) is all.
It's the essence of life.

2 Likes

Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by DonaldGenes(m): 6:16pm On Aug 12, 2012
rokiatu: Nonsense!!! When your time is up, you are going no matter what.

Single or gay. I don't buy all this bullsh...iit.
lmao!
Feel like kissin ya...muehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh on your forehead
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by stanech: 6:20pm On Aug 12, 2012
This may be true, considering the way d women of nowadays are packaged. Those days married men are more healthy but now......
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by DonaldGenes(m): 6:25pm On Aug 12, 2012
berem: Oyibo people and their meaningless research! They should better not take that nonsense research and cross the atlantic ocean to come and corrupt our men! undecided
hahhahhahahahahhahahahhaa
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by lumeneng22: 6:41pm On Aug 12, 2012
He who finds a wife find a good thing and therefore obtained favour from God.This is the word of the lord not scientific research. Is somebody trying to promote gay here?
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by megareal: 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2012
If its as bad as claimed, then men dont get married. Rubbish!!!Research my a55.mtcheeeeew.
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by tjskii(f): 6:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Ramcie(f): 7:00pm On Aug 12, 2012
Rubbish! A report probably done by a group of people who do not believe in marriage. Irrespective of the negative impressions people give about marriage I and a lot of people still believe in that union. When your time comes, you would go whether you are single or married. Shikenan
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by koman: 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2012
combatmedic: The life expectancy of the average Nigerian male is less than 50 years. I think we can safely say that the Nigerian female plays a big role in reducing the life expectancy of the Nigerian male.
Opinion seconded!

1 Like

Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2012
Maria-Goretti:
*yawns* long story. Man no b God o n will neva b even wif dia researches. Once ur tym is up, weda u lyk it or not, u must kpeme!

Why na the guys dey always first kpeme? Widows everywhere I go in Nigeria.
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by combatmedic: 7:37pm On Aug 12, 2012
Yield: Correlation does not equal causation.
Let me just address this point you raised. I totally agree that correlation doesn't necessarily imply causation; this is the reason why before this research (and every other statistical research for that matter) was published, it was tested using other statistical tools besides basic correlation analysis.

Correlation analysis is the first basic test used to pre-determine causation, it may not imply direct causation, but it is a useful tool widely used within the scientific community to narrow down possible causative factors.

1 Like

Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2012
Utter nonsense. Solomon in the Bible had 700 wives and 300 concubines. This scientists will always come up with lies. They were d same people who said eating eggs was not good, not long ago, they said eating eggs is good. Confused people
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by combatmedic: 7:56pm On Aug 12, 2012
I wonder how come ALL the ladies who have spoken on this thread are against this research!

There has to be a paradigm shift from a culture that subtly stipulates that a man/woman is 'incomplete' unless he/she is in a marriage. Marriage has since outlived its usefulness.
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Yucee55(m): 8:01pm On Aug 12, 2012
Orikinla:
[size=28pt]

It has always been better to be single and happy than be married and miserable.

I know many married buddies who told me that they never knew that their so called sweethearts would later become their heartaches in marriage.
Women often hide their true characters until after marriage.

Of all the girlfriends I have dated, only one of them I can pass nights with with my two eyes closed.[/size]

I like this post. It is the actual truth of the whole matter. I ran out of relationship with gurls because of my experience with just one. NO REST 24/7. Complaints all over. If its not delay in calling her, its for failure to say, 'I Love u' and all sorts of rubbish. Mchew!

I will marry but under stringent certain CONTRACTUAL conditions. e.g she will be on probation for the 1st 2yrs. After observing her behaviours, then I will Renew it with her for 3yrs. If she consistently behave herself well to my satisfaction, then we renew it for another 5yrs. Should she give me the slightest headache, she will find her way.
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Theblessed(f): 8:02pm On Aug 12, 2012
[size=16pt]Ha ha ha ha!

Here's the closest you can get to the truth - check it out!

[url]https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Uk+-+married+men+live+longer+than+single+men%3F&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a[/url]

[/size]
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Simplepton: 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2012
AUGUST 12, 2012
HOKENDAUQUA, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say an eastern Pennsylvania woman stabbed her fiance to death during an argument on their wedding day.

Na Cola Darcel Franklin is charged with criminal homicide in the death of 36-year-old Billy Rafeal Brewster in their Whitehall Township apartment.

Police say they found Brewster bleeding shortly after 2 a.m. Saturday. District Attorney Jim Martin says he was pronounced dead at a hospital.

The (Allentown) Morning Call reports that at her video arraignment Saturday, the 31-year-old Franklin wept and choked out, "I did not kill him on purpose."

Neighbor Steve Engel says the pastor who was supposed to perform the ceremony came to the apartment building after being unable to reach the couple, and a number of people who were apparently going to the wedding also showed up throughout the day.

http://news.yahoo.com/pa-woman-accused-killing-fiance-wedding-day-175631244.html
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Blackteeth(m): 8:18pm On Aug 12, 2012
Wow this is good news to me cos I made up my mind long ago not to get married.
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by 190theclown: 8:44pm On Aug 12, 2012
Blackteeth: Wow this is good news to me cos I made up my mind long ago not to get married.

Wow who wants 2 get married 2 sum dude with blackteeth anyway
Wen dudes with sparking white teeth like me are there
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by 190theclown: 8:46pm On Aug 12, 2012
Yucee55:

I like this post. It is the actual truth of the whole matter. I ran out of relationship with gurls because of my experience with just one. NO REST 24/7. Complaints all over. If its not delay in calling her, its for failure to say, 'I Love u' and all sorts of rubbish. Mchew!

I will marry but under stringent certain CONTRACTUAL conditions. e.g she will be on probation for the 1st 2yrs. After observing her behaviours, then I will Renew it with her for 3yrs. If she consistently behave herself well to my satisfaction, then we renew it for another 5yrs. Should she give me the slightest headache, she will find her way.

Post of d day#

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Hausa Pre-wedding Picture Is Un-islamic, Depicts Sex / Angry Man Caught His Wife Having S3x With Another Man – WATCH What He Did / Nigerian Girls And This Skirt Sha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.