Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research (16996 Views)

3 Most Important Things, Women Seek From Men(research) / Ugly Men Better Than Handsome Men- Research / Things Smart, Single Men Look For In A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by crackhouse(m): 9:21pm On Aug 12, 2012
I know one man who has been divorced for more than 15yrs now and he's still kicking & chasing women. Until they come to Africa and conduct the research i will not buy the result.
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by mrperfect(m): 9:31pm On Aug 12, 2012
Interesting to read.
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by elampiro(m): 10:44pm On Aug 12, 2012
Marriage is suppose to bring happiness to the man. Having a woman around is even suppose to prolong the man's life. If the contrary is now the case in our contemporary material world, then our women have questions to answer.
Haven said that, in Catholicism, there are three vocations. Marriage, Priesthood and single life. See Mathew 19:1-12. So everyone has options. But only the married people are suppose to have sex, anything outside this is a grevious sin against the holy spirit.
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by pazienza(m): 11:47pm On Aug 12, 2012
Yucee55:

I like this post. It is the actual truth of the whole matter. I ran out of relationship with gurls because of my experience with just one. NO REST 24/7. Complaints all over. If its not delay in calling her, its for failure to say, 'I Love u' and all sorts of rubbish. Mchew!

I will marry but under stringent certain CONTRACTUAL conditions. e.g she will be on probation for the 1st 2yrs. After observing her behaviours, then I will Renew it with her for 3yrs. If she consistently behave herself well to my satisfaction, then we renew it for another 5yrs. Should she give me the slightest headache, she will find her way.

I doubt if this will work in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Goldieluks: 1:16am On Aug 13, 2012
Rubbish research.
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by DIG1: 1:26am On Aug 13, 2012
Said it time without number, marriage is a hoax. Finito
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Sirniyeh(m): 7:47am On Aug 13, 2012
Frankly speaking, this research is valueless to me personally, and should not be allowed to create unnecessary illful mindset in married men like us.
Truely, marriage is surrounded with lots of stressful challenges but it all depends on individual composture. In marriage, nobody can give you stress if you dont allow it. From the genesis, let your inlaw know who you are in policy. Have policy, dont be troubled by enviromental circumstances and above all, be contented. That is the secret of living long. Discard the research, it is scaring!
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by finallytalking: 8:39am On Aug 13, 2012
Truckpusher: ....ENCOURAGE YOURSELVES,BECOS YOU'LL BE LONELY, SMELLY AND UNKEMPT WHEN YOUR 78 AND ABOVE. grin grin grin grin grin grin LIKE MY POST IF YOUR MARRIED AND HAPPY WITH IT NO MATTER THE ODDS.
I guess the fact that nobody has liked your post is proof enough.
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by billyG(m): 8:50am On Aug 13, 2012
babaowo: ....... notin boi...
In your grand father day his word is LAW he is fear,obeyed,& respected by all his wives,he is like a wise one-eyed king solomon among his 11 blind wives but try yur grd fthr footstep today,just marry only 2 wives $ see if yu will last 2 yrs. grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by 190theclown: 8:54am On Aug 13, 2012
billyG:
In your grand father day his word is LAW he is fear,obeyed,& respected by all his wives,he is like a wise one-eyed king solomon among his 11 blind wives but try yur grd fthr footstep today,just marry only 2 wives $ see if yu will last 2 yrs. grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked

Can u imagine
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 13, 2012
ITs interesting to note that the chics on this forum feel sore about this thread. Truth hurts I guess.

1 Like

Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by atasteve: 9:36am On Aug 13, 2012
SMH...think very well and look closer at the source of the research work, do you want to pattern your life after confused philosophies of men? I don't know about any other person but as for me; I am having a nice time with my wife and family. I am happy i married because i have achieved and changed so much to a better person. LG (Life is Good)and I could not have asked for more from God. smiley
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Babaji111(m): 9:56am On Aug 13, 2012
How can you compare oyibo marital life with our own? I wonder how true it is. But I prefer being married than single. I need someone arround me always as a wife and bear kids. I cannot imagine my life messing up with girl friends and remain single OR remain misogamist or misogynist?!!!
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:00am On Aug 13, 2012
If I get things right, the post is talking about Heart Disease and related illnesses, in the U.S.
That kind of narrows things down quite a lot....
I mean, is Heart Disease the only cause of death?
Wha of STDs? Road and Occupational accidents? Prostate and all other cancers?
We need to be sincere with ourselves. A general conclusion (@ OP) cannot be drawn, as such, from the study.
It's just a piece of propaganda to lure the world's pseudoeducated to embrace the increasing epidemic of moral decadence!
Imagine: Stay single, sleep around, and u'll live longer!!! SMH
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 13, 2012
Orikinla:
[size=28pt]

It has always been better to be single and happy than be married and miserable.

I know many married buddies who told me that they never knew that their so called sweethearts would later become their heartaches in marriage.
Women often hide their true characters until after marriage.

Of all the girlfriends I have dated, only one of them I can pass nights with with my two eyes closed.[/size]

Seriously lets be honest, if you really take your time to really know somebody well, You can never be deceived.

I think the real issue is most guys are always running after the hole itself than the character that's the reason of the whole issue.

During the process of pursuing the hole, you fail to see the good girls, (as you are just after one thing) because they ain't trained to give you what you want as you want or act as slaves and then you go with the wild ones.Forgetting that the issue of "teaching a someone how to fish" also applies to relationships of course as well as everyday life.Forgetting it is really better to " buy a new house, furnish it and decorate it the way you want it, than allowing someone else decorate it for you"

Then after the sex escapades they end up marrying in so much of a rush without adequately scrutinizing the character of the lady in question.

Then after marriage and wahala comes everything points to the lady.

Marriage ain't a small thing, so u have to remember it has its own challenges.

So i advice single's to take the position of an 'interviewer,detective or police officer' on some issues when you want to get married. Even though its quite impossible to know everything about somebody at once but years

cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Rubyrose: 11:45am On Aug 13, 2012
Yucee55:

I like this post. It is the actual truth of the whole matter. I ran out of relationship with gurls because of my experience with just one. NO REST 24/7. Complaints all over. If its not delay in calling her, its for failure to say, 'I Love u' and all sorts of rubbish. Mchew!

I will marry but under stringent certain CONTRACTUAL conditions. e.g she will be on probation for the 1st 2yrs. After observing her behaviours, then I will Renew it with her for 3yrs. If she consistently behave herself well to my satisfaction, then we renew it for another 5yrs. Should she give me the slightest headache, she will find her way.

You had better remain single for the rest of your life 'cos no woman especially in Naija is ready to waste her time with you for that long.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Uwehok: 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2012
I wanted to get married, but for the report of dis research am going to stay for the next ten years so as to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by combatmedic: 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
‎"By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher". SOCRATES

In my opinion, married people and religious people have one thing in common. They both say it is the route to happiness; but how come they are not happy then?! Singles seem to be happier than married couples.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by NovusHomo(m): 3:44pm On Aug 13, 2012
Believe me, if your wife does not kill you, your mother-in-law will eventually.

1 Like

Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by stevecantrell: 5:09pm On Aug 13, 2012
Enough of these scary research !
Even without it, Nigerian women's ways are enough to keep a 'willing to marry guy' single.
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 14, 2012
This is the first true study i have read, getting married is highly dangerous to a man's health and well being especially out here in the states

1 Like

Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by Orikinla(m): 8:55pm On Sep 18, 2012
Dating Singles Age 45+ Are Happier with their Sex Lives than Married Couples

http://kissesandroses..com/2010/05/dating-singles-age-45-are-happier-with.html

1 Like

Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by RuggedSniper: 8:11am On Jun 19, 2020
combatmedic:
Getting Married and Getting Heart Disease: A National Study

A report of an 8-year study of heart disease, based on a nationally representative sample of more than 9,000 people in late mid-life. When the study first started in 1992, the participants ranged in age from 51 to 60.

The participants were contacted five times from 1992 and 2000. Their marital status, cardiovascular health status, and health behaviors were assessed. Other information (for example, socioeconomic status) was also recorded.

There are five different marital statuses:
• Continuously married (i.e., first and only marriage)
• Remarried
• Widowed
• Divorced
• Always single

Let's look first at the prevalence of heart disease at the start of the study. (Heart disease = doctor diagnosis of heart attack, coronary heart disease, angina, congestive heart failure, or other heart problems, or stroke.) In the table below is the percentage of people (averaged across all ages) who had heart disease at the start of the study. Lower numbers indicate less prevalence of heart disease, so the group ranked #1 is the healthiest. The rank-ordering of heart disease for the 5 marital statuses was the same for the men as for the women. See if you can guess which marital status goes with each rank.

WOMEN MEN
1. 8.4 13.0
2. 8.7 13.5
3. 10.7 16.4
4. 10.8 16.5
5. 11.6 17.7

Okay, here are the answers:

1. Always single
2. Continuously married
3. Remarried
4. Widowed
5. Divorced

So there you have it. The lowest rate of heart disease is found among the women and men, ages 51-60, who had been single all their lives. The rates for the continuously married are higher, though not statistically so.

The study went on for years, and the authors calculated the probability of experiencing heart disease for each age, from 51 through 65. (See Table 5 in the article.) Of course, the probabilities increase with age for men and women of all marital statuses. Let's see where they end up at age 65. Here are the results for the MEN.

1. 29, always-single men
2. 33, widowed men
3. 42, remarried men
4. 46, continuously married men
5. 50, divorced men

Look at what has happened to the continuously married men. At 46%, the likelihood of having heart disease is greater for them than for any other group of men except the divorced. The always-single men are doing way better, at just 29%.

(For women at age 65, the probabilities were 32 for continuously married, 38 for always-single, 43 for widowed, 45 for remarried, and 47 for divorced. So even though men typically have higher rates of heart disease than women, the always-single men have the lowest rates of all 10 of the groups.)

The authors also looked at how the risk of heart disease changed for each successive year of marriage. Here, in their words, is what they found: "Each year in marriage increased rather than decreased the risk of cardiovascular disease by 2% for both men and women." The risk increased each year both in first marriages and in remarriages.

Because the authors collected data on health measures such as smoking and obesity, and on conditions described as morbid (really, that's the technical term), they could venture a data-based explanation as to why each year of marriage added to the risk of heart disease: "Longer marriages were associated with less healthy behaviors and an accumulation of morbid conditions, such as hypertension, diabetes, and high cholesterol."

Culled from: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/living-single/200902/single-men-have-good-hearts

Basically, what this research proves is that the so-called 'peace of mind' that people say we get from being married seems to be at best elusive or at worst a mirage.
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by RuggedSniper: 8:15am On Jun 19, 2020
Orikinla:
Dating Singles Age 45+ Are Happier with their Sex Lives than Married Couples

http://kissesandroses..com/2010/05/dating-singles-age-45-are-happier-with.html
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by RuggedSniper: 8:35am On Jun 19, 2020

Seriously lets be honest, if you really take your time to really know somebody well, You can never be deceived.

I think the real issue is most guys are always running after the hole itself than the character that's the reason of the whole issue.

During the process of pursuing the hole, you fail to see the good girls, (as you are just after one thing) because they ain't trained to give you what you want as you want or act as slaves and then you go with the wild ones.Forgetting that the issue of "teaching a someone how to fish" also applies to relationships of course as well as everyday life.Forgetting it is really better to " buy a new house, furnish it and decorate it the way you want it, than allowing someone else decorate it for you"

Then after the sex escapades they end up marrying in so much of a rush without adequately scrutinizing the character of the lady in question.

Then after marriage and wahala comes everything points to the lady.

Marriage ain't a small thing, so u have to remember it has its own challenges.

So i advice single's to take the position of an 'interviewer, detective or police officer' on some issues when you want to get married. Even though its quite impossible to know everything about somebody at once but years
cool
^^^grin...Word!
Re: Single Men Live Longer Than Married Men - Research by SarkinYarki: 9:08am On Jun 19, 2020
Truckpusher:
....ENCOURAGE YOURSELVES,BECOS YOU'LL BE LONELY, SMELLY AND UNKEMPT WHEN YOUR 78 AND ABOVE. grin grin grin grin grin grin LIKE MY POST IF YOUR MARRIED AND HAPPY WITH IT NO MATTER THE ODDS.

And when you are 78 your wife and kids will still be around you? grin grin. You are very naive

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Angry Man Caught His Wife Having S3x With Another Man – WATCH What He Did / Between Fulani And Igbos Who Has The Most Beautiful Women Nigeria(see pix) / This Hausa Pre-wedding Picture Is Un-islamic, Depicts Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.