Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,473 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG (30617 Views)

Outages ‎force Reps To Shut Down Proceedings / There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo / No Power Outages For Four Days Now In Shomolu, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by ITbomb(m): 6:47am On Aug 13, 2012
Mallamabdul: It also baffles me how they manage to argue against common reason. With the trend of this senseless attacks, I have come to the irresistible conclusion that El Rufai or Bakare or Tinubu has many paid agents on Nairaland. And their activities and tactics are poorly veiled.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by comradefery: 6:54am On Aug 13, 2012
Orikinla: [size=28pt]Majority of areas in Nigeria, in the north don't have electricity and the insecurity worsened their predicament.
So, the ministers are talking rubbish.[/size]
How can they be throwing bombs and expect to have light. Don't u know that PHCN staff are human beings, and not spirits. That's one of the long term consequences of the present attrocities. Well, in my area, power has improved tremendously! Bartha Nna has shown he's indeed a wizard!

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by tobssyt(m): 7:02am On Aug 13, 2012
Super story!!!! Dem fit try sha
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by wengerjay(m): 7:02am On Aug 13, 2012
why is this govt full of deceits?There ve been power outage in major parts of Akure like ijapo,alagbaka...for the past five days on acct of electricity worker's strike.And someone is nw tellin us dat the union wil nt embark on strike.Who is fooling who?The pple behind d embezzlement of workers,s pension funds shd fished out and brought to book.Period!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by DExplorer1: 7:03am On Aug 13, 2012
Remii: There is no light in Ajah area since four days now, mschewww. All talk no action
Is that part truly in Nigeria?
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Otses(f): 7:03am On Aug 13, 2012
Hmm, here we go, waiting...
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Pukkah: 7:17am On Aug 13, 2012
Funkymallam:

“We would like to assure all Nigerians that the worst days are over as far as electricity is concerned. The current improvement is not irreversible. The programme for power development in Nigeria to international standards is very much on course, and the whole world is convinced that Nigeria is finally on the right electricity track.”

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/08/12/good-news-there-will-power-outages-fg/?wt=3

Am I the only one seeing this?

I hope it's not true.

That 'the current improvement is not irreversible'.

This implies that the current improvement is reversible!

Is this the truth or the Special Assistant spoke tongue in cheek?

Waiting...
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Ekowise(m): 7:28am On Aug 13, 2012
No bi 2day, e don tey. Dey even do us long throat in my area. Given us steady power which they interupt ones in a day or 2. PHCN bill trippled, now yesterday, d power went off and uptill now, we are yet to see it blink again.
To hell with everyone involved in the POWER sector.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 13, 2012
here in sokoto we have light atleast 20hours on week days den 24 hours on weekends
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by DExplorer1: 7:34am On Aug 13, 2012
Pukkah:

I hope it's not true.

Waiting...

Gerrout!! Prophet of doom. That's what ONLY your eyes can identify. Can you admit that the stability is all over? The process is on, very much different than former though fluctuating and until the proposed target is met, the current improvement is not irreversible.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by donigspain(m): 7:37am On Aug 13, 2012
If you have not felt the improvement in power in Nigeria then:
»You definitely have not paid your PHCN bills.
»You stay in a remote area where there is no electricity.
»You stay in an area with faulty transformer.
»The boys in your area feeds on PHCN infrastructure i.e vandalisation.
»Finally, you are not in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Richiy(f): 7:38am On Aug 13, 2012
Funny. Cos they v neva vistd my vilage. Am nt even sure its on the map¤kidding¤. Seriously, their major cncern is much more dan electricity.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 13, 2012
Our Power sector may look like our football really soon
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by gogodaye(m): 8:21am On Aug 13, 2012
YES, TIT IS TRUE by the act of fraudlently manipulating and conjecturing UP figures [statistics] Prof Nnaji has raised Naija's power output to near 5000 megawatts. In my neighbourhood in Kuje Township we [residents] are yet to see much less enjoy the much pouted extra generated megawatts. Since, April, 2012 to be precise, our joy at our liberation from the 'thiefry'of PHCN staff following the installation of Worls bank assisted Pre-paid meters was shortlived, events have rather taken a plunge for the worst. We don not have power at all.

Electricity supply to households since April, 2012 in the Area Council HAS just being for less than 5 days running and THIS IS SIMPLY LURE AND ENABLE HOUSEHOLDS RECHARGE THEIR NEWLY INSTALLED METERS AS WELL AS TO FACILITATE PHCN to collect their five hundred naira fixed charge for POWER NOT DELIVERED TO HOMESTEADS.

UP NIGERIA, UP GEJ, UP BARTH NNAJI.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Beautymc(f): 8:21am On Aug 13, 2012
Well, of a truth. Electricity has improved in my area (FHA lugbe Abj) unlike before we can stay for a month without light. But now we are having a steady light. I even called my village and they said light is 24hrs now. This is the only thing am enjoying from FG
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by gogodaye(m): 8:24am On Aug 13, 2012
YES, IT IS TRUE by the act of fraudlently manipulating and conjecturing UP figures [statistics] Prof Nnaji has raised Naija's power output to near 5000 megawatts. In my neighbourhood in Kuje Township we [residents] are yet to see much less enjoy the much pouted extra generated megawatts. Since, April, 2012 to be precise, our joy at our liberation from the 'thiefry'of PHCN staff following the installation of Worls bank assisted Pre-paid meters was shortlived, events have rather taken a plunge for the worst. We don not have power at all.

Electricity supply to households since April, 2012 in the Area Council HAS just being for less than 5 days running and THIS IS SIMPLY LURE AND ENABLE HOUSEHOLDS RECHARGE THEIR NEWLY INSTALLED METERS AS WELL AS TO FACILITATE PHCN to collect their five hundred naira fixed charge for POWER NOT DELIVERED TO HOMESTEADS.

UP NIGERIA, UP GEJ, UP BARTH NNAJI.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by luluosas(m): 8:36am On Aug 13, 2012
When transformers belonging to PHCN is scandalized due to no power at the time, whose responsibility should it be in fixing it? Is it the community where such transformers are located or PHCN? Please, I need answers.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Abbey2sam(m): 8:42am On Aug 13, 2012
Story story..........story

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by safarigirl(f): 8:42am On Aug 13, 2012
Hmm, don't know bout anyone else, but light don dey my area so tey e tire me, I even get bored with the tv and go to sleep, I wake up, there's still light, we have to off our freezer daily to avoid foodstuff getting frozen beyond recovery, don't even remember the last time we bought fuel, but it's been over two months. The power reforms is in full gear for where I dey sha.

2 Likes

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by safarigirl(f): 8:44am On Aug 13, 2012
Hmm, don't know bout anyone else, but light don dey my area FHA Karu, Abuja, so tey e tire me, I even get bored with the tv and go to sleep, I wake up, there's still light, we have to off our freezer daily to avoid foodstuff getting frozen beyond recovery, don't even remember the last time we bought fuel, but it's been over two months. The power reforms is in full gear for where I dey sha.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Ewoma45(f): 8:46am On Aug 13, 2012
Dollarman101: Make una talk true for once. Light don improve significantly. Here in Uyo, we have light at least an average of 18 hours a day. It doesnt mean there's no occasional power outages, but there's a significant improvement in power supply. Even when I travelled to port harcourt last week, it was still the same testimony. Everyone was saying light don improve.
When person progress small, make we acknowledge am. No be every time be criticism.
same hia in agbara area of lagos o.even 2 d extent dat am scared of d lyt again.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Ewoma45(f): 8:51am On Aug 13, 2012
safarigirl: Hmm, don't know bout anyone else, but light don dey my area FHA Karu, Abuja, so tey e tire me, I even get bored with the tv and go to sleep, I wake up, there's still light, we have to off our freezer daily to avoid foodstuff getting frozen beyond recovery, don't even remember the last time we bought fuel, but it's been over two months. The power reforms is in full gear for where I dey sha.
tank u.sumppl jst dnt want progress in naija at all.y cnt u guys jst admit d fact dat power supply has improved so much.

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Pukkah: 8:54am On Aug 13, 2012
This is what I wrote:

Pukkah:

I hope it's not true.

Waiting...

See what a charlatan responded with:

D-Explorer:

Gerrout!! Prophet of doom. That's what ONLY your eyes can identify. Can you admit that the stability is all over? The process is on, very much different than former though fluctuating and until the proposed target is met, the current improvement is not irreversible.

I guess my observation is way over your head. So, you're here again - doing your inglorious and denigrating job of feeding people with lies and attacking those who bring out salient issues.

Is this the most responsible response from your stable? You better don't give yourself hypertension over the yeye job you're doing, as your former illegal job of free internet browsing (stealing from PTOs) is not as lucrative as this.

I would expect a sensible and intelligent mouthpiece to simply clarify the matter.

But I guess expecting a sensible reply from you is way too much.

If I descend on you again, you'll run away as you shamelessly did on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1005948/gej-sued-over-fiscal-responsibility/4

I have to time for an attention-seeking mercenary and paid agent. Your views and opinions have been purchased anyway.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by safarigirl(f): 8:58am On Aug 13, 2012
wengerjay: why is this govt full of deceits?There ve been power outage in major parts of Akure like ijapo,alagbaka...for the past five days on acct of electricity worker's strike.And someone is nw tellin us dat the union wil nt embark on strike.Who is fooling who?The pple behind d embezzlement of workers,s pension funds shd fished out and brought to book.Period!
because light no dey una area no be sey e no dey other people side. Come to think of it, all these people shouting light no dey, what kind of meters are you using? Most likely you won't have constant light without pre-paid metres, PHCN must chop. Period!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by niyitogun(m): 9:01am On Aug 13, 2012
Saying Nigeria wld enjy uninterupted power supply soon is like saying arsenal wld lift a trophy very soon...we are on d right track bt still hv a very long way to go...Up Gunners grin
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by kolexy(m): 9:05am On Aug 13, 2012
[quote author=Uchbebe46]truely the phcn is trying..right nw in Enugu agbani road to be precise,since i was born i have not witnesed steady power suply for atleast a day but since friday ...wow na so i dey off dey on my refrigerator which to me is unbelievable[/quote

When were you born?
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by lexie234(m): 9:06am On Aug 13, 2012
Is tis rilli an improvement?? Waz in ph on wed-thur all tru dere waz light uninterrupted,waz I'm owerri on Thur-sat light went off only 4 few minutes and waz ak on immediately.....den travelled 2 ma village in mbaise nd dere waz light all tru 4rm sat-naw...am i in Nigeria still??

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Ovaiegbe(m): 9:10am On Aug 13, 2012
In my area in Calabar, I can attest to a great improvement in ppower supply with an average of 20-24 hours of supply each day. this is steady improvement. However, I think distribution staff of PHCN need a lot of training as their conducts will be highly detrimental to any change in generation and transmission.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by safarigirl(f): 9:14am On Aug 13, 2012
wengerjay: why is this govt full of deceits?There ve been power outage in major parts of Akure like ijapo,alagbaka...for the past five days on acct of electricity worker's strike.And someone is nw tellin us dat the union wil nt embark on strike.Who is fooling who?The pple behind d embezzlement of workers,s pension funds shd fished out and brought to book.Period!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by ericmooret: 9:14am On Aug 13, 2012
Truly, there is an improvement in electric supply. They used to 'share' the light between us and the next street everyday but now, they no longer share it . We have light for 20hrs per day! Up PHCN!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by EteFlexible: 9:16am On Aug 13, 2012
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Another propaganda, we HAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 13, 2012
DAY11.:
Maybe, Maybe not, I will wait till the end of RAMADAN !
so u think its cos of Ramadan dat dez light abi? Funny you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye / IPOB: Food Traders Boycott South East As Northerners Flee / Nigerian Airways Pensioners Paid By Buhari, Hail Buhari, Curse Obasanjo (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.