Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) (16972 Views)

Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? / The Origin Of Hair Extensions-with Pictures / Pictures Of Hair Styles, Weave-ons, And Braids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Tolaaaaannni(f): 4:37pm On Aug 22, 2012
Thick, full, coarse hair. Sometimes even curly. Your typical "Natural" (I still don't like that word) hair.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by dasparrow: 5:20pm On Aug 22, 2012
JallowBah:

Sorry, I know some people take offence from it..comes from my husband and his friendswink

I take offence to people of other racial groups using the term 'nappy' to describe afro or african hair texture. Those black people (including your husband and his friends) who use that term 'nappy' to describe black hair are suffering from steep inferiority complex and get no respect from me. Please never use that term to describe African hair again because other than the 'uncle toms' and 'aunt jemimas' (google those terms to know their significance) who suffer from self hate, no self respecting individual who is of African descent or ancestry will use the term 'nappy' to describe their hair or the hair of fellow Africans. Peace, out!
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by yemi2plus(m): 6:17pm On Aug 22, 2012
Ever since i cut my hair more dan a month nw, it has refuse 2 grow back. Any help?
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by crackhouse(m): 6:36pm On Aug 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Beautiful daughter.

Hell you can even braid better than me grin

There's sth about dreadlocks that I dont fancy. It has always looked disgusting and unwashed to me.
how do u know she's beautiful? Did u see her face?.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:43pm On Aug 22, 2012
OP: Pics of your hair look really nice.
Anyway, I have a boring perm. But I recently "hacked off" most of my split ends so its really low now. It was shoulder length before but very unhealthy and thin. Now its in braids cos I want to grow out the perm to my natural roots for the next 2 years. #fingerscrossed# wink
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Tolaaaaannni(f): 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2012
yemi2plus2: Ever since i cut my hair more dan a month nw, it has refuse 2 grow back. Any help?

Do you do anything to your hair that might not make it grow?
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by faceit: 7:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
i dislike hair dat makes one uncomfortable. Any hair dat doesnt make me simple and comfortable, i dont do

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 8:09pm On Aug 22, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa:
It means; Ijebu Garri sellers do not do much advert but they sell more than Indomie Noodles. The moral of it is you don't need to make too much of noise to create public attention. Please forgive him.

I love ladies with braids. But as a man, wetin I sabi? Na to barb low cut.

Ahaaasmiley Thank you.

I love braids in general. After being in Gambia, and seeing only girls/women with braids, and knowing that they laugh at men with braids, I dont see men with braids the same way anymore..lol.
It can look reaaaally nice, but I always look at them and think " Hihi.."

To the men who stay bold: Why Grow a damn afro!! cheesy Chicks dig afros. And if they dont, they aint good chicks.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 8:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
Yield: You braided your daughter's hair very well, JallowBah.

Thank yousmiley I change it every week, right now she looks like this:

I try to change it every sunday. Use new patterns, small differences, new beads, etc.

This is my hair today:

Why am I the only one posting pics? Damn cowardstongue

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 8:17pm On Aug 22, 2012
Sijo01: Dreadlocks, over a year now and still counting.

Pics, pleasecheesy
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 8:17pm On Aug 22, 2012
dasparrow:

I take offence to people of other racial groups using the term 'nappy' to describe afro or african hair texture. Those black people (including your husband and his friends) who use that term 'nappy' to describe black hair are suffering from steep inferiority complex and get no respect from me. Please never use that term to describe African hair again because other than the 'uncle toms' and 'aunt jemimas' (google those terms to know their significance) who suffer from self hate, no self respecting individual who is of African descent or ancestry will use the term 'nappy' to describe their hair or the hair of fellow Africans. Peace, out!

I already said I was sorry, that should be enough.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 8:18pm On Aug 22, 2012
crackhouse: how do u know she's beautiful? Did u see her face?.

Maybe the person see her picture in a different thread.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 8:19pm On Aug 22, 2012
vivacious vivi: OP: Pics of your hair look really nice.
Anyway, I have a boring perm. But I recently "hacked off" most of my split ends so its really low now. It was shoulder length before but very unhealthy and thin. Now its in braids cos I want to grow out the perm to my natural roots for the next 2 years. #fingerscrossed# wink

Just make sure you dont braid it too tight in front ant start loosing..tongue Wish somebody told me that, I maid that mistake ONE time with my girl. Pfff...
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
JallowBah:

Just make sure you dont braid it too tight in front ant start loosing..tongue Wish somebody told me that, I maid that mistake ONE time with my girl. Pfff...

Oh thanks! I will be sure to remember that.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by kandiikane(m): 12:16am On Aug 23, 2012
Damn jallow! Usually, I assume most caucasians who have mixed kids don't bother to learn how to look after the hair but you have proved me wrong.
You learnt well.
I like. smiley
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by kandiikane(m): 12:20am On Aug 23, 2012
slimyem: my hair is shaved bald right now...
Its been giving me too much trouble so i made that choice...
I feel so good about it right now...though i hope to grow it back later...

How's your head shape? cheesy
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by sashaa(f): 12:40am On Aug 23, 2012
Bold n long braids reaching my lower back. For hair, i always go for comfort
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Nobody: 1:36am On Aug 23, 2012
My hair texture is 3C at d back and 4A in d middle & front.
I hv on weave but I left my hair out on all sides in order to form a pony tail. Looks like my real hair and easy to maintain.
We all know how much stress is involved in wearing ur natural hair out sad
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by postemail: 4:08am On Aug 23, 2012
::Andrew:::
mine angry angry angry angry

Omo, this your head na die....lol
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by postemail: 4:14am On Aug 23, 2012
It seems Shea butter hair grooming is not popular in Nigeria. I wonder why. It's popular in the US. Even for skin, folks are increasing using Shea butter for skin to prevent acne and to soften hair texture, and actually able to comb their hair down. I have been grooming my hair with Shea butter/coconut oil* mix. I also use this mix for my skin.
*coconut oil is different from palm kernel oil
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 7:47am On Aug 23, 2012
kandiikane: Damn jallow! Usually, I assume most caucasians who have mixed kids don't bother to learn how to look after the hair but you have proved me wrong.
You learnt well.
I like. smiley

Oh, trust me, I assume the same about most norwegian women here tootongue
Most of them dont do anything with their kids hair. They use products meant for white people, and have their hair "natural", and it becomes damn u-gly, cause they dont use any oil or anything..so yeah, I have the same judgement going on therewink

I use as natural shampoo as I get a hold on, and coconut oil if her hair is out free. I use pure shea butter ( straight from Gambia ) when I braid her, and to make sure her scalp dont get dry.
If you have any more tips, I will be happy to get themsmiley
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 7:49am On Aug 23, 2012
sashaa: Bold n long braids reaching my lower back. For hair, i always go for comfort

I am just waiting for my dreadlocks to reach my butt..lol.
My hair seem to grow more fast in locks, than what it did when it was "normal".
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 7:51am On Aug 23, 2012
post.email:
It seems Shea butter hair grooming is not popular in Nigeria. I wonder why. It's popular in the US. Even for skin, folks are increasing using Shea butter for skin to prevent acne and to soften hair texture, and actually able to comb their hair down. I have been grooming my hair with Shea butter/coconut oil* mix. I also use this mix for my skin.
*coconut oil is different from palm kernel oil

Same here!
I have really sensitive skin, and I tried pure shea butter from the markets in Gambia last year. I did not like the smell at first, but damn..thats the only lotion I have NO reactions to. It took away any scratching, dry skin, f`ed u skin on the feets, it helps with sun-burns, after shaving the legs, etcc, etc. The only place I dont use it, is my face, its to fat for that.
And pure coconut oil is amazing too.

Now I just need to find a perfect shampoo..I used to use Pure Hemp Shampoo, and that is the best I have ever tried. But they dont sell it in Norway anymore..
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 7:56am On Aug 23, 2012
[img]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg861/scaled.php?server=861&filename=imag0520e.jpg&res=landing[/img]

I looove these patterns. They look fancy, but are really easy to dosmiley And I love, love beads..thankfully, so does my daughter. She had this style about 1month back.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by yemi2plus(m): 7:58am On Aug 23, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

Do you do anything to your hair that might not make it grow?
NO. I did notin
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 8:05am On Aug 23, 2012
yemi2plus2:
NO. I did notin

Use shea butter. The fulanis say it makes your head grow. Put it on in the night-time. And get some sun on your headsmiley
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 23, 2012
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by hollas2jnr(m): 9:38am On Aug 23, 2012
JallowBah:

If can translate it for me to complete and utter english so I can join the understanding, I`ll forgive youwink
Oops! sorry i checked in late... i see okiki_oluwa had already bailed me out. forgiven me?
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by hollas2jnr(m): 9:44am On Aug 23, 2012
slimyem: my hair is shaved bald right now...
Its been giving me too much trouble so i made that choice...
I feel so good about it right now...though i hope to grow it back later...
would u love it if it GOES bald instead? re-shaving won't be necessary then... lol
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by hollas2jnr(m): 9:47am On Aug 23, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa:
It means; Ijebu Garri sellers do not do much advert but they sell more than Indomie Noodles. The moral of it is you don't need to make too much of noise to create public attention. Please forgive him.

I love ladies with braids. But as a man, wetin I sabi? Na to barb low cut.
thanks man!
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by kandiikane(m): 9:49am On Aug 23, 2012
JallowBah:

Oh, trust me, I assume the same about most norwegian women here tootongue
Most of them dont do anything with their kids hair. They use products meant for white people, and have their hair "natural", and it becomes damn u-gly, cause they dont use any oil or anything..so yeah, I have the same judgement going on therewink

I use as natural shampoo as I get a hold on, and coconut oil if her hair is out free. I use pure shea butter ( straight from Gambia ) when I braid her, and to make sure her scalp dont get dry.
If you have any more tips, I will be happy to get themsmiley

LOL! I see. Well, for now I really don't use much on my hair since I cut it. My hair is weird, if I start using different products on it, it breaks so right not I just use indian hemp and shea butter.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 10:11am On Aug 23, 2012
sanb: mine is short and i have the anita baker look

Fancywink Plain black, or you added some colours?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ebube Nwagbo Or Sarah Ofili: Who Wore It Better? / Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers / Do You Feel Comfortable Wearing Trunks And Bikini At Beach?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.