Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (1652 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Men So Insultive? / The Most Insultive Words Ur Guy/chick Ever Said To U? / So Confused About My Boyfriend- Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2012
Re: . by Slyr0x: 7:36pm On Aug 12, 2012
Chill till he starts getting physical. .

1 Like

Re: . by Tsmooth1(m): 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2012
U can end all this by finding urself a young boko haram member to replace ur abusive boyfriend.
Re: . by ollyboy009(m): 8:17pm On Aug 12, 2012
@sandyluv, i actualy undastand d way u feel bt ur matter dont needs to b woried over.d fact remains dat dia s luv betw d 2 of u acordin to ur story.dia4 u nid to realize dat evry1 has his/her own flawn no mata hw gud they are.u may b created by God just 2 compliment his impafectn.meanwhile, dia s stil a nid for u 2 sit him down after diz quarel is setled,find a right enviroment,d right words to use and d right time to xpres d way u do feel each tymthe behaves as such.Am sure he wil perceiv ur humility nd felt sory.am sure he is nt a violent type d way u soundd,jst dat he cn control xpresn wen angry.i hav ever been in hist shoe bt ma Gf is calm enough to bring d real man out of me! Hop diz helps?

1 Like

Re: . by jhydebaba(m): 8:45pm On Aug 12, 2012
It seems you are the one in love and your guy is not reciprocating. It is better to marry someone who loves you than for you to marry someone you love.
You complained about him in the other thread about he's been far away from you, can't you see that you are just disturbing yourself. He is enjoying himself while you are having sleepless nights.
Joy to the wise.

3 Likes

Re: . by mecussey(m): 8:48pm On Aug 12, 2012
@Op did you mean an insulting boy friend? I think most guys are like that, especially students. Truth is that as far as he knows you luv him more, he will always take you for granted and use those abusive words. If I were you, I will now give him the challenge that he deserves by not talking to him first. If he values you, he will come back but if he does nt, my babe just move on. It's not his faulth that he is not in luv.

2 Likes

Re: . by donlet(m): 9:12pm On Aug 12, 2012
you have to be careful and you say you love him! if he is abusive just make fun of the whole thing and take him like that. Some guys are just like that and the earlier you know that you cannot change that abusive character the better. Love your guy for who he is and each time he start to use abusive words just turn it to a joke and start laughing. I think that will make him to be more aware of what he is doing.
Re: . by Idowuogbo(f): 9:42pm On Aug 12, 2012
ollyboy009: @sandyluv, i actualy undastand d way u feel bt ur matter dont needs to b woried [b]over.d fact remains dat dia s luv betw d 2 of u acordin to ur story.[/b]dia4 u nid to realize dat evry1 has his/her own flawn no mata hw gud they are.u may b created by God just 2 compliment his impafectn.meanwhile, dia s stil a nid for u 2 sit him down after diz quarel is setled,find a right enviroment,d right words to use and d right time to xpres d way u do feel each tymthe behaves as such.Am sure he wil perceiv ur humility nd felt sory.am sure he is nt a violent type d way u soundd,jst dat he cn control xpresn wen angry.i hav ever been in hist shoe bt ma Gf is calm enough to bring d real man out of me! Hop diz helps?

Excuse me! Wot love? Who tells dia woman to go and die over an arguement? Is dat love or hate? Abegii....

Now listen up op! U are dating a kid.I am going to be very blunt here, I seriously hope u digest d little bit of advice am about to lay down.Here we go...... First of all, u do not subject urself to any form of verbal abuse cus enduring such abuse kills ur self-confidence.Secondly, a guy dat thinks d world of u will not constantly utter such harsh words.Thirdly.....it is very dangerous to be in a union wiv a proud individual because all dat u have invested into dat relationship i.e labour and time, maybe destroyed through the pride of the fellow.U no within urself dat boy ain't gona stop d verbal abuse, y torture urself to please a self centred,ego stripping bully? Gal, the person u allow to abuse u conquers u. U can do betta.. Knowledge is a treasure but practice is d key.Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: . by Beync(f): 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2012
Poster u r in shit for a rltnshp, no wonder he doesn't luv nor hav any respect for u, u can go any mile to please him. Did u lost ur self value? Bullshit
Re: . by sweetroyalty(f): 10:07pm On Aug 12, 2012
Naw girl, leave his azs alone. Someone who truly cares about you wouldn't think of saying things to purposely hurt you. That is cruel. He doesn't value you the way a woman deserves to be valued. Know that you're worth more than what he is giving.

1 Like

Re: . by subnero(m): 10:26pm On Aug 12, 2012
NO insultive in dictionary
so watchu talking about
Re: . by Idowuogbo(f): 10:35pm On Aug 12, 2012
sub_nero: NO insultive in dictionary
so watchu talking about
Irrelevant! undecided
Re: . by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:35pm On Aug 12, 2012
He needs help, and he needs it fast. It will only get worse. Especially if he's above 21. Also, take note of your actions in the moments preceding his outbursts. Problem could be you. Just saying.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 13, 2012
ollyboy009: @sandyluv, i actualy undastand d way u feel bt ur matter dont needs to b woried over.d fact remains dat dia s luv betw d 2 of u acordin to ur story.dia4 u nid to realize dat evry1 has his/her own flawn no mata hw gud they are.u may b created by God just 2 compliment his impafectn.meanwhile, dia s stil a nid for u 2 sit him down after diz quarel is setled,find a right enviroment,d right words to use and d right time to xpres d way u do feel each tymthe behaves as such.Am sure he wil perceiv ur humility nd felt sory.am sure he is nt a violent type d way u soundd,jst dat he cn control xpresn wen angry.i hav ever been in hist shoe bt ma Gf is calm enough to bring d real man out of me! Hop diz helps?

who liked this post?

@ poster, i usually dont like commenting nowadays but a guy that hasn't called you after one week means 2 things 1) He is full of pride 2) He is expecting you to call first as you have always done that in the past.
i think its time for you to move on. You may love him now but believe me you'll definitely love someone else more who values you very much. It's not worth your self esteem staying with that guy!
Re: . by edogram1(m): 12:56am On Aug 13, 2012
Op, i am that type of guy. That guy luv u but hes just a wise and pride person. So what u ve to do now. Don't call him for 3weeks. Trust me he will call u, and when he does pritend a little bit with seriousness like u don't want him again. He will beg u and when he does let him knw that u cannot handle such behavour anymore. I knw it will hard him, but he should try a little bit to control it. Meanwhy u try to love someone else to reduce ur tention
Re: . by madeonline(m): 2:27am On Aug 13, 2012
Please walk out of this relationship, this are early signs of a no love, so much irreconciliable differences union!
Re: . by kayman02(m): 7:18am On Aug 13, 2012
My sister, my advice to you would be to quit the relationship. There are 1000 men out there who would treat you with respect. I'm a man and I strongly condemn his actions towards you.
Re: . by 190theclown: 8:58am On Aug 13, 2012
NOW what exactly is going on here

Someone give me d load-down of things going on here
Re: . by nikkyshyne(f): 9:23am On Aug 13, 2012
Slyr0x: Chill till he starts getting physical. .
@OP, do you wanna wait till he gets physical? You said it has been going on for quite a while. This is what I call emotional trauma. Sometimes, element of truths are in words spoken when angry.

If you ask me, I discern he doesn't love you quite as much as you love him. Loving someone so much doesn't mean you are meant to be together. He hasn't called you for a week after a misunderstanding which he obviously traumatised you shows he's got a stupid ego and you can go to hell for all he care.

Since you love him that much, you could do this, ring him and let him know the pain you go through each time he insults you and watch. Will he genuinely say sorry and promise to be a better person, or act like he careless. If he says the former, kick off the relationship and peradventure another argument ensue(which I hope soon) and he starts with his bullsh.it, my dear, HIRE ME TO KICK HIS SORRY ARSE!!!

Obviously, if he does the latter, you know what to do. You are too young for high blood pressure.
Re: . by lolaluv1(f): 9:34am On Aug 13, 2012
sad
Re: . by lolaluv1(f): 9:45am On Aug 13, 2012
Poster, let me tell you something strange. Love is NOT all that matters for the success of a relationship. Mutual respect, good character, trust, care etcetera are also needed. Don't be hoodwinked by the people telling you there's no problem as long as you love each other. Na lie, there's big problem. Have you seen the number of divorcees who 'love' each other recently?

Btw, the word 'love' has really suffered o!
tongue

Back to d issue.
Can I ever tell someone I love and respect to go and die? I can't even think it, much less say it. Words hurt, and the kinds of wounds created are even more dangerous than the önes that the eye can see. Better wisen up and value yourself. You are too precious for all that shitnitz!

N.B
There's nothing like unconditional love in my own dictionary.
Treat me any less than a human should be treated and BE SURE that my love will be withdrawn. I know what it takes to love, so I won't give it to a poorly raised, no-good guy to trample it afoot. Mba nu! Never again!
#justsaying!
Re: . by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 13, 2012
Tnx to evryone who has contributed †☺ this thread,ur responses are highly appreciated.
Re: . by toyemz(f): 10:56am On Aug 13, 2012
@poster
i think its time for you to come to terms that love nowadays is no longer blind.
why should you subject yourself to insults from someone who might not even be in your life tomorrow?
have either of your parents said any of those harsh words to you?
why let a guy do so and get away with it?

whats the worst case scenerio in your relationship? you break up and both move on abi?
or would you miss the insults or be too lonely when single?
you need to look at yourself and ask if this is what you really want in life?
when you can answer yourself honestly and truly
pick a major fight with him, letting him know how you have felt with his harsh words over time
give him a taste of his own medicines, especially on issues and areas where you have been soft pedalling
let rip, let him have it
and then end the relationship
its really time for someone to tell him to go to hell and mean it
good luck
Re: . by Bukizo(f): 11:36am On Aug 13, 2012
Ask yourself this - can you see urself with this guy in the next 2yrs with the continous insult (he his never gna change)and if the answer is NO then you know what to do

(1) (Reply)

Her Hubby Is Seeing Anoda Married Woman / Should I Forvive And Forget Or Let Go? / 5 Things That Will Make Any Girl In Nigeria Fall For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.