Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

When Is It Right To Consummate A Marriage ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Is It Right To Consummate A Marriage ? (954 Views)

Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? / Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner / Is It Right For A Church To Excommunicate An Erring Member? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is It Right To Consummate A Marriage ? by eldoradoxx: 9:53pm On Nov 14, 2012
Marriage in Nigeria involves two stages in most cultures , first is the traditional wedding which I regard as marriage so properly called. Here the families of both parties meet and fix and pay the bride price, there is feasting and this is followed with the blessing of the couple. Usually the family of the bride will hand over their daughter to the most elderly person present from the grooms family. They will ask the couple to go and consummate. The lady is taken to the groom's family house that day. But the issue arises where the traditional wedding is fixed months after the wedding. Church rule says any se*x before church wedding is sin, tradition says the that one is free to be intimate from the day bride price was paid. My friend who chose abstinence from sexx with his bride, did trad wedding in Sept and has fixed white wedding for Feb. His bride( should I say wife?) stil sees it as sin to consummate the wedding until after Feb according to church rule. The guy is not finding it funny. Pls guys, w hat is the right time to consummate a wedding as body no be wood?

1 Like

Re: When Is It Right To Consummate A Marriage ? by aminho(m): 10:17pm On Nov 14, 2012
after payn brideprize
Re: When Is It Right To Consummate A Marriage ? by ATMC(f): 11:12pm On Nov 14, 2012
As for my opinion, i'll do him after he's paid dowry seriously but i wont tell him this...but if he makes d move i sure will do it. I automatically become his wife immediately d bride price is paid abi no be so? From thence we will when he wills.
Re: When Is It Right To Consummate A Marriage ? by seyibrown(f): 2:21am On Nov 20, 2012
Consummation should be AFTER they have been 'pronounced', in traditional, Church or Registry ceremony AS AGREED by the couple. In this day and age, if you are having your marriage registered in church or at the registry, it makes sense to wait till the legal papers are signed ... for the discerning woman who doesn't want to end up being the victim of a 'temporary marriage' as practised in some places, without any legal papers to show as proof of having been married! wink wink wink

(1) (Reply)

Comparison Between Theists And Atheists On Nairaland / Yahweh Confesses / The God Who Sees The Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.