Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

What Will Make You Disown Your Child? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will Make You Disown Your Child? (14937 Views)

Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / Parents Of Girl Who Kidnapped Herself Disown Her.(pic) / What Can Make You Disown Your Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by engrtee(f): 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
At times when i go through journals and ,newspapers . I hear parents who disown children for several reasons. Notable among them are

TENAGE PREGNANCY

Fathers often disown their daughters with unwanted pregnanancy for bringing shame to the house

DISABILITY

Parent after given birth to a child discover he is born blind,lame ,deaf and dumb etc and dont want to carry the stigma often abandon d child

NONBIOLOGICAL FATHER

husbands discovering that one of d children isnt his own through DNA asks d wife to let go of the child.

UNAPPROVED BEHAVIOR

Parent who have tried to disuade their ward from smoking,drinking,womanising,armed robbery,tatooing, etc disown their child

The list goes on and on.u can add more.

What wil make you ever think of disownin ur child.is it worth it? Does it help curb d issue or does it worsen the case?
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2012
Any parent who disowns his/her child is an irresponsible parent!

Who are you disowning him/her for?

When you were doing that it, it was so delicious that you forgot you'll be responsible for the outcome - a child!

If you disown him, who will then own him?

If you played your part as a parent there would be no reason to dis-own the child now will there

11 Likes

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
I agree with you Uju. I can't disown my child for getting pregnant or stuff like that, but I can for this. . .

engrtee:

UNAPPROVED BEHAVIOR

Parent who have tried to disuade their ward from smoking,drinking,womanising,armed robbery,tatooing, etc disown their child

. . .and if I may add, ritual killings for money and the likes. But, I will also be willing to take him back once he repents.

1 Like

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by engrtee(f): 5:38pm On Aug 13, 2012
[quote author=Tgirl4real]I agree with you Uju. I can't disown my child for getting pregnant or stuff like that, but I can for this. . .

. . .and if I may add, ritual killings for money and the likes. But, I will also be willing to take him back once he repents.[/quote

wil u disown ur child coz u tink it wil make him repent or cos u dont want to be asociatd wit d bad omen,u dont want to be called the mother of an armdrober,ritual killer.why would u?
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Roliks09: 10:06pm On Aug 26, 2012
What about diowning a child cos of the mother's bad behaviou? Like refusing to have anything to do wit the kids if the mother for example, tried to kill the father?

1 Like

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Akinagirl(f): 5:21am On Aug 27, 2012
so the kids suffer because mom and dad can't get along?

1 Like

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Blazzay: 10:25pm On Jan 25, 2013
Nothing. . .even if they tried to kill moi! cool
My love is unconditional.
Yup! It is hereditary! cool

5 Likes

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Nobody: 2:14am On Jan 26, 2013
Why would any man disown a child, it shows deficiency in the parents responsibility. Even the prodigal son was never disowned,despite his many atrocities.rather the father gave him a second chance.

1 Like

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by greatgod2012(f): 2:42am On Jan 26, 2013
It is only a failed parent that resolve to disowning his/her/their child.
I believe that, if parents perform their duties as expected of them, their children will turn out and make them proud. Above all, love conquers all, before any parent can think of disowning his own child, then, that parent has been full of hatred and bitterness against d child.
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 26, 2013
I can never disown my child for any reason,disowning him does not stop people from associating you with him or her.What is the point of being a mother if you can actually disown a child you don't want?My child will always be my child.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by hrmkz: 10:50am On Jan 26, 2013
Nothing...will guide/correct him/her till eternity!
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by GbengaCharisma: 10:53am On Jan 26, 2013
Many things but I no fit tell exactly. If the country permits I will. But I will rather spend time teaching them than spend time scolding them.

1 Like

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Akshow: 10:55am On Jan 26, 2013
Absolutely nothin. I think a parents love should be unconditional and if your child turns out bad i really believe you played a part in What he or she is.
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 26, 2013
NEVER. If he engages in anti social behaviours, I will ask myself where i got it wrong. Behind every failed child is a failed parent; either dad or mum.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by freecocoa(f): 10:57am On Jan 26, 2013
NOTHING.

Saying I've disowned him doesn't change the FACT that's its my blood flowing through his veins.
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by maxibrainz: 10:59am On Jan 26, 2013
Blazzay: Nothing. . .even if they tried to kill moi! cool
My love is unconditional.
Yup! It is hereditary! cool
no worry dey there you go soon know weda unconditional love exist in the grave

1 Like

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Karmatyra(f): 11:01am On Jan 26, 2013
nothing!!
nothing!!
nothing!!

2 Likes

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by maxibrainz: 11:01am On Jan 26, 2013
What would you say about a child who try to kill you or who disowns you himself

1 Like

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 26, 2013
In a word, nothing. I am sure my kids will do many things to upset/disappoint/shock me,
but I would NEVER disown them. If you choose to bring a child into the world and raise them,
it shouldn't be a choice whether to disown them later or not.

1 Like

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by EfemenaXY: 11:07am On Jan 26, 2013
Disowning a child is an admittance of gross failure on the part of the parent(s) / guardian(s).

Afterall, no child is born bad. Children are what you make them.

3 Likes

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Morgan1092(m): 11:07am On Jan 26, 2013
Nothing! D child 4rm my sp*e*rm remains my child.
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 26, 2013
Nothing on that list will make me disown my child. All of it is acquired character that he or she might drop anytime but one thing that will make me disown my child is Homosexuality.
I won't only disown, I will make sure I kill him myself. Nonsense.
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Oahray: 11:12am On Jan 26, 2013
Nothing mehn! My child is my child forever.
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Freiburger(m): 11:17am On Jan 26, 2013
Nothing.
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by pastie(m): 11:19am On Jan 26, 2013
Dats,When my child killed me cool
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by uchbabybaby: 11:19am On Jan 26, 2013
God forbid wateva it is dat wil make me do dat.The trauma will be too much for the child .

1 Like

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by cowgurl: 11:20am On Jan 26, 2013
Nothing on that list will make me disown my child. All
of it is acquired character that he or she might drop anytime but one
inappropriate behaviour I can't condone is Homosexuality
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Paypal2: 11:21am On Jan 26, 2013
2686B26D ADD FOR MONEY MAKING OR FUN
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by mu2sa2: 11:25am On Jan 26, 2013
You cannot deny paternity of a child born by your wife if she remained married to you for at least 6 months prior to having the child (DNA test or no DNA. Dna test itself is subject to error or manipulation, this is a fact). And in matters of inheritance, you are not allowed to disinherit your child under any circumstance (to will your child out of sharing in your estate). Excellent, you will say. That's the position in Islam.
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by bigfat01: 11:26am On Jan 26, 2013
[size=15pt]very difficult to answer ...[/size] i guess that is my answer .. shocked

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Ola0711: 11:27am On Jan 26, 2013
I would disown my child if he convert to be a muslim.
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by alphaconde(m): 11:29am On Jan 26, 2013
I will disown only if the child say am not his/her father

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? / Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage / Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.