Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids (14953 Views)

How Many Kids Would You Love To Have In Future? Name Them / Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? / How Many Kids Do You Wanna Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by Tos87(m): 10:40am On Jun 04, 2009
I av come to realise that poor people dont practicse the term family planning cos if the do,why do they av so many kids,that may lack the basic nessecities in life cry
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by JJYOU: 10:47am On Jun 04, 2009
Tos87:

I av come to realise that poor people dont practicse the term family planning cos if the do,why do they av so many kids,that may lack the basic nessecities in life cry
most want child labourers ie for pure water and bread hawking. if i ever pass a law it is to get those good for nothing parents endangering kids lives castrated. trade innocense for trading between heavy traffic is wicked.
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by JustGood(m): 11:00am On Jun 04, 2009
JJYOU:

most want child labourers ie for pure water and bread hawking. if i ever pass a law it is to get those good for nothing parents endangering kids lives castrated. trade innocense for trading between heavy traffic is wicked.

I dont think anyone would bring a child into this world purely for the purpose of working for them. It would be more to do with the level of illiteracy. Sometimes, it is also caused by idleness. If you have nothing to do, why not just keep banging yourselves? plus they are too uneducated to be bothered to use contraception.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by Pepeye(f): 11:04am On Jun 04, 2009
It’s beats my imagination
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by JJYOU: 11:11am On Jun 04, 2009
JustGood:

I dont think anyone would bring a child into this world purely for the purpose of working for them. It would be more to do with the level of illiteracy. Sometimes, it is also caused by idleness. If you have nothing to do, why not just keep banging yourselves? plus they are too uneducated to be bothered to use contraception.
my brother you know we agree on most things i dont believe the high numbers of kids i see hawking were just created by idleness and illeteracy. the old men used to create farmer this newer generation do it.

what makes me sad is hearing able bodied people tell you how industrious their kids are and do nothing other than source what most of the kids hawk.

i could build enough jail to waste their lives as most of them are wasting these kids lives. it is one crime i wish i can stop today. too many clever kids being destroyed.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by JustGood(m): 11:15am On Jun 04, 2009
JJYOU:

my brother you know we agree on most things i dont believe the high numbers of kids i see hawking were just created by idleness and illeteracy. the old men used to create farmer this newer generation do it.

what makes me sad is hearing able bodied people tell you how industrious their kids are and do nothing other than source what most of the kids hawk.

i could build enough jail to waste their lives as most of them are wasting these kids lives. it is one crime i wish i can stop today. too many clever kids being destroyed.

I think the key to your conclusion is the high numbers.

However, if you consider that Nigeria has a high population and this population is mainly illiterate, you may change your mind as to the purpose of procreation. It happens in other populous nations with high illiteracy levels. If you go to India, you'll see it's the same.
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by JJYOU: 11:40am On Jun 04, 2009
JustGood:

I think the key to your conclusion is the high numbers.

However, if you consider that Nigeria has a high population and this population is mainly illiterate, you may change your mind as to the purpose of procreation. It happens in other populous nations with high illiteracy levels. If you go to India, you'll see it's the same.
bros been to india it makes you cry. pls i am out of here now. dont want to go there today. u cant describe it
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by ifyalways(f): 11:51am On Jun 04, 2009
They wives cannot afford or no nothing abt contraceptives.
They want more kids to help make more money. . . .hawking,farming,begging.etc
After a tiring day,the couple have no other means to relax except to keep making love undecided
bad for the ecnonmy,bad for the kids from such union,bad for the nation.
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by biola44: 2:22pm On Jun 04, 2009
cos sex is a sort of consolation 4 em! grin
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by Ben13: 2:24pm On Jun 04, 2009
hmm. . . . poor people. . many kids. na wa sad
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by Fhemmmy: 2:34pm On Jun 04, 2009
When a man is poor and have nothing else to do, he have sex to make himself happy and the result are small babies.

JJYOU:

That is a good one.
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by beingme(f): 3:35pm On Jun 04, 2009
Their mentality makes them think that the more children they make the more money will come by the time they are grew, not looking into the childs future and quality education to start with
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by Fhemmmy: 3:39pm On Jun 04, 2009
beingme:

Their mentality makes them think that the more children they make the more money will come by the time they are grew, not looking into the childs future and quality education to start with

meaning poverty mentality is next to dumb a$$ suckers.
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by emilyone(f): 4:18pm On Jun 04, 2009
I have time without number ponder on this same issue

but i think it has more to do with using the children to console themselfs
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by MrCrackles(m): 4:20pm On Jun 04, 2009
Topic

Making loads of kids is the consolation they get from being poor!
grin
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 04, 2009
MrCrackles:

Topic

grin
In some cases.

Children are bundles of joy. Sometimes subsitution for wealth, and other times laborers ( grin)

(Or maybe some peeps just cant afford condoms)
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by AjaraEwuro: 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2009
becaue instead of getting busy making money, they are getting busy fu cking themselves.
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by init4dmoni(m): 9:43pm On Jun 05, 2009
even if my parents were poorthank God were not even regarded as middle class, rich babe!!!!! to God who made me if you were only intersted in wat i sold i would definetly stand up to ui really mean shouting at you, as a teeneger my parents knew the limits to which they can push me before i broke
i tell you all this children stood up to their parents all this shit won't b happening

btw they have so many children because they r always reusing the 20naira condomseven if they tear during action u go blame dem tongue + the bed they sleep on is so small dat the "incident" might even happen "mistakenly" grin grin
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 05, 2009
init4dmoni:

even if my parents were poorthank God were not even regarded as middle class, rich babe!!!!! to God who made me if you were only intersted in wat i sold i would definetly stand up to ui really mean shouting at you, as a teeneger my parents knew the limits to which they can push me before i broke
i tell you all this children stood up to their parents all this shit won't b happening

btw they have so many children because they r always reusing the 20naira condomseven if they tear during action u go blame dem tongue + the bed they sleep on is so small dat the "incident" might even happen "mistakenly" grin grin

rrotflmao grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by Jaylon(m): 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2009
Because they fail to use protection during sex or the woman fails
to use birth control pills (family planning).
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by sosisi(f): 11:50pm On Jun 05, 2009
Is it only poor people?
Nigerians in general have too many kids, period.
I agree it's worse amongst the poorer people in the soceity or theirs is more problematic.
They marry many wives they can't support,bear kids they can't take care of.
How else did we end up with almajiris,area and alaye boys and agboros all over the place.
Lack of exposure plus lack of recreation.
The average Nigerian  never vacations ,most can't afford anything for entertainment
Even those who can  afford recreation are usually stuck at home for fear of armed robbers and kidnappers
What else is there to do but sex and procreation.
It doesn't cost a dime too at least while doing it.
Even here in the USA it's usually the women on welfare and  government assistance that have the most kids and the rest of soceity have to support their
stupidity.

Religion is a major part of the life of most Nigerians and the Churches (and mosques) must start preaching that people not bring kids into the world that they can't take care of.
The Bible actually says that a man that can't take care of his family is like an infidel that has denied the faith.
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by Sissy3(f): 1:43am On Jun 06, 2009
i honestly use to think the same thing. why have more children than you can adequately provide for?

it's until now that i have come to actually try to maybe understand the reasoning behind their decision of having "large families"

i have come to realize that high growth rate in poor undeveloped countries is not the result of "ignorance" as we often use to think.

To poor families, large families are wanted, since children are seen as an economic asset and not a liability.  in most parts of the world children

serve as a major economic support in their parent's old age because rural villagers lack the necessary pension plans that would support them in the

old age. As it is in Nigeria. Nigeria government don't that have any pensions for the elderly as it is with the for example American Social Security

benefits or other similar benefits developed countries provide their retired and elderly citizens. So to these parents their children is their hope in

their old age.

Also many parents have more children because of the high rates of infant mortality in developing countries.

Nigeria being a good example of this. so this makes the parents want to have extra children in case of a possible death of one their offspring.

the low cost of raising children in still developing is relatively lower than in industrialized nations due to the fact that many necessities are produced

by the family instead of purchasing it. and the help of extended families in raising children in this countries make it a lot easier on the individuals

parents.and lastly we have to realize that some of these people are still "prisoners of their core traditional values" and they are slower to change

and slower keeping up with the changing events in the world today.

so i think it is their economic and other states in life that pushed into making those decisions. and i guess they make reproductive decisions just as

we do.
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by oyinda3(f): 1:59am On Jun 06, 2009
MrCrackles:

Topic

grin

Also many parents have more children because of the high rates of infant mortality in developing countries.

To poor families, large families are wanted, since children are seen as an economic asset and not a liability.

Children are bundles of joy. Sometimes subsitution for wealth, and other times laborers ( Grin)

(Or maybe some peeps just cant afford condoms)

question answered. lol
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by lannre(m): 4:35pm On Jun 07, 2009
poor illiterates ! not all poor people.
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by Pepeye(f): 7:14pm On Jun 08, 2009
I don’t think I ve seen an impoverished man who’s childless, it would just be double jeopardy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by Ndipe(m): 7:20pm On Jun 08, 2009
Pepeye:

I don’t think I ve seen an impoverished man who’s childless, it would just be double jeopardy

Neither have I. Have you all noticed the irony that it is mostly the rich men/women who suffer from infertility/barreness, while the poor have multitudes of children, why is that?
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by Fhemmmy: 7:32pm On Jun 08, 2009
Ndipe:

Neither have I. Have you all noticed the irony that it is mostly the rich men/women who suffer from infertility/barreness, while the poor have multitudes of children, why is that?

Ask Baba God
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by ugbeda(m): 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2009
well, i think what is responsible boils down to poverty wc is a deadly disease i may say. take this
weekend outin no de-------------only u and ur wife at home, consolation sex
after a day work---------------so tired an u no get money, consolation sex
the economy is bad---------------so worried, consolation sex
see our gov leaders-----------------bad leaders, no good job, consolation sex
come home at nite, no electricity, no money to buy fuel, no any other fun, consolation sex
u and ur wife same bedroom, same every tin------------consolation sex
and guess what
the poor so believe in old religion that family planning is a sin
but the money to buy condom, or contraceptive is used for gari and buying water, so what are saying :poor.
God should remove poverty that is my prayer. and above all, their children dont have access to nairaland because is money to get internet access, otherwise the nxt generation for no be like that. lol. hail thee our country.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 09, 2009
i am currently middle middle class

i have a generator, a television, a computer, a car, lots of novels,  a sound system - if i wanted i could buy a games console

translation - i have several avenues to explore as entertainment

now imagine  no generator, no books, no car no music - the only avenue a couple will have  for recreation is each other

i think that about sums it up

edit -

just noticed that osisi beat me to it angry cheesy
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by Fhemmmy: 5:30pm On Jun 09, 2009
oyb:

i have a generator, a television, a computer, a car, lots of novels,  a sound system - if i wanted i could buy a games console

now imagine  no generator, no books, no car no music - the only avenue a couple will have  for recreation is each other

edit -

You people are too much oh.
So sex for poor people is just for consolations and to make babies?
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by Sissy3(f): 10:10pm On Jun 09, 2009
Have you all noticed the irony that it is mostly the rich men/women who suffer from infertility/barreness, while the poor have multitudes of children, why is that?

i wonder oo

guess the rich cant have everything going for them lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids by sosisi(f): 11:03pm On Jun 09, 2009
oyb:

edit -

You see how our minds work as one
You must be nearly as smart as I am grin
I made all A's in WAEC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Often Should A Wife Call Her Mother? / The Future Of Male Birth Control ;D / How To Bond With Your New Born

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.