Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History (27334 Views)

Mujahidat, Asari Dokubo's Wife Just Posted This On Facebook... / PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo / Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by tekasy: 7:22am On Aug 14, 2012
HNosegbe: But seriously, I have to ask, again, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE NORTHERNERS?
the truth is that the war items at jaji is making this people feel everyone is under them,someone should help tell them its 120/50 ratio,does not mean cos of their large population they could conquer again,can you imagine 120million illetrate,poverty stack to 50million letrate and enlightened people.. I pray these people forget about war and let there be a peaceful national conference,
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by maigaskiya1: 7:29am On Aug 14, 2012
Yeske!:
Can anyone explain the 'military' corridor and 'we never heard from them again' thingy, I didn't get that part.
the one mile military coridor means frm offa rail line down 2 lagos nd any other part of west any houses built along d road wil be demolishd nd d cowards chikend out dats d meang of ntng hearing frm dm
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Sweetnecta: 7:31am On Aug 14, 2012
Prominent Northern Muslims elders, represented by Alhaji Usman Faruk, a former military governor of North-West State during the General Yakubu Gowon regime, have dismissed the threats of the leader of the Niger Delta Volunteer Force (NDVF), Mujahideen Dokubo Asari, telling him to go and brush up on his History of Nigeria.

The response came yesterday at the Sultan Bello Mosque in Kaduna wher Faruk, a frequent face at the Sheik Ahmad Gumi’s Ramadan sermon, was asked to speak, from the elders’ perspective, on Asari’s threat to Northern Nigeria.

A source at the event related to SaharaReporters that Alhaji Faruk first commented that the elders had waited to hear whether President Goodluck Jonathan would say something about Asari’s threats to cut off the North and his bragging about the armoury under the NDVF, but that no such response had come.

Of the elders, he then noted that they were the ones that fought the civil war. “We conquered them including their Bayelsa and gained victory, the answer I will give him is he is not the first to fly the kite.”

Faruk said that before the start of the civil war in 1967, his government set Chief Obafemi Awolowo free from prison although it was another government that had put him there.

“Eventually when the war was to start with Biafra, [Awolowo] went to Ibadan and gathered all Yorubas that they should know the war about to commence was between the North and the East, and the Yoruba in the West were not part of it,” he said.

“We received this with shock and the whole Northerners met in Kaduna and we issued them a warning that we heard they (Yoruba) were not part of it and we agreed but we have one demand,” he said.

That condition, according to him was the establishment of a One Mile Corridor. “From Offa which is in our region, from the rail line to the sea (wharf) we declare One Mile Military Corridor, meaning all of them who built houses within One Mile, we will crush down their houses. And nobody will stop our vehicles and vessels from accessing the sea, this we told our Yorubas in Ilorin to tell them. And from that time we never hear them. This is Military Corridor, we of the past hope our children will carry it,” warning that nobody could stop the people of the North, whom he said number 120 million, from accessing the sea.

“If he doesn’t know let Dokubo go and read history,” Faruk said. “Awolowo attempted he failed talk less of one boy.”

He also disputed the Nigeria’s population according to religion, blaming Obasanjo for refusing identification by religious faith in the 2006 census in order to avoid proving that Muslims are populated than the rest. “Today, our population is as Muslims is 120 million and the rest are 50 million,” he said. “Because of this, if census will be conducted again they must be column for religion.”
The two bold indicate that nigerians do not truly see issue of conflicts from religious prism.

From the ethnic point of view this ignorant northern elder had spoken against his own Muslim brother Dokunbo, who if both died, it is incumbered on the one alive between the two to make the islamic prayer on the dead and on the Day of Judgment that they end up in Islamic paradise.

I don't think Faruk will pray that he ends up in the day heaven or so of christian Gowon, though northerner. Arrogance of ignorance i say permeates the ethnic bravado being paraded as religious firmness of people in corridor of influence.

To see this buffoon of northern leader talking like this in public about his muslim brother is unbelievable. Is Islam not one brotherhood, destroying ethnic division and forbids pride?
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Crankshaft: 7:31am On Aug 14, 2012
JUNK!!
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by DSoj(m): 7:35am On Aug 14, 2012
It hurst to see dis barbaric idiots still open their dirty mouths to think they own Nigeria.....but
It hurts more to know OBJ a yoruba man ruled 8yrs and did nothing to curb this, it stinks now, dat a supposedly tough Ijaw man is also a lame duck...
It annoying....do we have to go to war again?
Dose of us (civilised Generation)that avnt witnessed war b4 but see it on TV are the ones making d waters still cos we siddon look and go by our daily life not wanting wahala.
The nonsense uncivilised generations of d north don't give a hoot.. De formed d Boko Haram.... D writing is on d wall.. These northern elders endorse BH....

Disgusting..!!!!

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Onlytruth(m): 7:40am On Aug 14, 2012
kettykin:

From the above it seems Awolowo intended to be Neutral in the Civil war until he was forced to join the north, Really it was not the attempted invasion of Ore like some people are peddling all over the internet that caused Yorubas to join the war but the military might of the Caliphate.

I thought Adaka Boro, Edwin Clark and Ken Saro Wiwa all fought to unite the country, it was because of this kind of arrogant talk from Ahmadu Bello that provoked Nzeogwu and Ifeajuna to strike in 1966

If the above quote is true then will really really really have a very big problem at hand infact i will urge all and sundry to verify the aunthenticity of the quote before this is taken further , Offa happens to be somewhere in Kwara and building a 1 mile corridor from Offa to the wharf would have been the largest and longest express road in the world and he went further to say that nobody could stop the people of the north who number 120 million from acessing the sea.
[size=14pt]which means that the OPC,Afenifere,MKO,OBJ,Black scorpio and all the generals that yoruba have ever produced are nothing but useless noise makers[/size].

Now we are getting to where the rain started beating us , i have been pondering why Gowon and Danjuma have all been quiet during the Boko Haram uprising but only come out when Biafrans make noise, could Nigeria actually be a conquered territory of the hausa fulani ? if not how come major players in the civil war have not come to refute this statement .The clowns who have been parading them selves as he heroes of the civil war have all gone to sleep and will wake up when little Uwazurike opens his mouth

An open truth that is always vehemently rejected by fellow civil war losers. cheesy cheesy
I just de laff. Abeg make I de waka biko. Mscheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by kulumo: 7:41am On Aug 14, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Hell niga i am not gonna ask that senseless questions u dictated for me to ask.Read what alhaji haram said to your papa awo and comprehend it if not aboki will be better than u in terms of intelligence. FEAR FEAR SET OF TRIBE
Eni Sango ba toju e wole; koni bawon bu Obakoso. Don't get it twisted man.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by onchefx: 7:43am On Aug 14, 2012
IT SHOULD BE MADE CLEAR THAT BENUE,KOGI PLATEAU, NASSARAWA,SOUTHERN KADUNA,ABUJA ARE NOT PART OF THE 120 MILLION,IF THE MUSLEMS FEEL THAT THE HAVE NIGERIA IN THEIR PAMS THE THAT IS THE GREATEST LIE THEY HAVE TOLD THEMSELVES,THE SHOULD GO BACK TO HISTORY AND FIND OUT WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING IN KADUNA,RECENTLY AND LONG TIME AGO,IT SHOULD BE MADE CLEAR THAT WE ARE READY FOR ANY THING THAT THEY WANT.THEY SHOULD TRY IT,LET THEM JUST DO MISTAKE MAKE DEM IMPEACH GOODLUCK MAKE WE SEE!!!,WE GO FINISH OURSELVES
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by maigaskiya1: 7:44am On Aug 14, 2012
PointB:

How would the North fight the Ijaws? Let me guess, another 'military corridor' all the way from the North, through the SW to Ijawland? It's not going to happen. I think this sabre rattling is good; it will only lead to another round of talk.

And historically, I doubt Igbos will 'betray' any SS group in times of conflict. It's either we are in or we are not! Beside, I think it's actually in SE interest to see Nigeria restructured - in war or in peace!
ure very we stupid just admit ure stupidity by apologsng 2d se over we nija deltans blind suport 4d north.nd ure here roping a logic dat d intrest of se.wedar peace or war d se re far betar dan any region in ds con3.let we nija deltans kary our cros we rejectd d south east nw we re paying d price

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by spothot: 7:49am On Aug 14, 2012
...and this speech was delivered in a so called 'ramadan' lecture

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by jude33084(m): 7:50am On Aug 14, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

This problem has nothing to do with the igbos. I'll advise igbos to grab a pop corn and watch how things turn out. The population we have now is precious to us and we can't afford to waste our population again , We would not fight FOR or AGAINST. If Hausa Federal Forces want to pathway or corridor in the east to the south south then so be it ! For now we are still part and parcel of ONE NIGERIA and standing on the way of Federal forces is a treasonable offence . I repeat THIS PROBLEM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE IGBOS . We can't always play the football match everytime , sometimes we have to watch and i think this is one of those moments when we watch the match and eagerly anticipate the final score. Kudos to Adaka boro and Saro wiwa for keeping their people among ONE NIGERIA.

Ɣ☺Ʊ have become τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ suday sunday Ram Ŧħåϯ τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ hausa ♏ãn can turn Ť☺ Ť☺ kill Őᵑ ∂ slight provocation ΆŋԂ yet Ɣ☺Ʊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ yarn like τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇i§̤̥̈̊? undecided Imagine?!

Τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ North have killed ♍☺R̶̲̥̅̊϶ Eastherners than any other region in little crisis.

Later Ɣ☺Ʊ go say Yoruba D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ fear. lipsrsealed
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by emolade4re: 7:53am On Aug 14, 2012
Da civil war wasn't between da North n da Easth but it was between Nigeria n Biafra so for a particular region to take credit 4 da victory is laughable. History has it dat da decision of da people of da Niger Delta to fight 4 one indivisible Nigeria instead of da Republic of Biafra won da war for Nigeria. So wat is dat old gay saying huh?.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by kulumo: 7:54am On Aug 14, 2012
D'Soj:
It hurst to see dis barbaric idiots still open their dirty mouths to think they own Nigeria.....but
It hurts more to know OBJ a yoruba man ruled 8yrs and did nothing to curb this, it stinks now, dat a supposedly tough Ijaw man is also a lame duck...
It annoying....do we have to go to war again?
Dose of us (civilised Generation)that avnt witnessed war b4 but see it on TV are the ones making d waters still cos we siddon look and go by our daily life not wanting wahala.
The nonsense uncivilised generations of d north don't give a hoot.. De formed d Boko Haram.... D writing is on d wall.. These northern elders endorse BH....

Disgusting..!!!!
"He that is down; need fear no fall." It is apparent this folks don't value their lives, that's why they resolve in suicide bombing. Heating up the already tensed polity in the nation by a set of clueless leaders who cannot even feed their people or create jobs for the north is rather pathetic and very unfortunate. They hopelless and seeking ways to die. A point of correction too, where did this farouk got his statistics? He's nothing but an empty brass.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by mpumalanga: 7:59am On Aug 14, 2012
teecuzy: mpumalanga: we may hate yorubas but they are never our enemy despite the fact they betrayed us
this so called ss people hate igbos with passion than the yorubas
infact if they havevthere way to wipe igbos or to collaborate with aboki again they will do it

AWO betrayed, some yorubas acted and protested but some of our neighbors were playing
the music of 'THEY DESERVE IT'.Nevertheless,revenge is not in our best interest.

I beg to disagree with you, Awolowo or Yoruba did not betray the igbos, when you cooked your plan to break off and form Biafra, did you make a pact or alliance with the Yorubas for support? No! You felt you were the superior tribe and you could handle it on your own and when you were defeated, you started singing songs of yoruba and south-south betrayal! The Yoruba remained a part of Federal Republic of Nigeria, who do you think Awolowo should be loyal to? He gave them war strategies immediately he was released from prison. So I don't like hearing "the yoruba betrayed Igbo phrase" and please-please, yoruba and Igbo no get beef, na Hausa and Igbo get beef and it started during the first military coup...I don't need to go into details here!

Typical,you can now allocate those that get beef.War strategies he learned from stenographer or in prison?
Continue to 'outsource' your responsibility but one day,FARUK will force you to take responsibility.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by maigaskiya1: 8:06am On Aug 14, 2012
Let me fist of all on behalf of every rite thnking nija deltan apologise 2 general ojukwu nd philip efiong nd every brave ibos dat lost dia lyfs in d war.its nw crystal clear dat d ibos re rite afteral bt we nija deltans nd yorubas hav beng d fools nd cowards after al.nw al ds is cmg out just becos dy re nt in power after ruling dia puportd slaves 4 38ys ntng 2 show.d idiot dat kald hmslf faruk hs 4goten dat witnt we nija deltans blockng d biafran only suply line d sea d ibos woud hav won dat war.d hausas 4 got dat its d benue plateu dat fougt d war nd nt arewa muslims.d same pepl dy re maimg 2dy.d yorubas gve intelectual suport nd few men in frontline bt we nija deltans did d dirty job wic we re regretng 2dy nd nw one hoples animal is here insultng awo thoug yorubas have a trade mark 4 cowardice i stl belev dy shoud be gven credit 4dia worthles contributns wic we re al regretng 2dy.my advice is we nija deltans 2 leav d ibos alone we re payng d price of our stupidty.once agan apologe7 2d man gen ojukwu d man who saw 2mro

2 Likes

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by omojazzy: 8:12am On Aug 14, 2012
It is a shame that we Yoruba have not spoken with a voice since this thing started. Where is OPC. WHAT ARE THEY DOING? Where are our leaders? Maybe busy fighting each other because of how to share money. Can someone tell me what the SOUTH IN GENERAL HAS BENEFITED FROM THE NORTH SINCE INDEPENDENCE OTHER THAN LOOTING OF RESOURCES OF THE SOUTH.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by simpleseyi: 8:13am On Aug 14, 2012
Every now and then Ibo children and their fathers call Awolowo unprintable names just because Awo did not support you during the Civil war. The war was between the North and the East, Awo had the right to support any side and the choosed to support the North and we Yorubas have no apology for anyone. You fought a war and lost, get used to that fact. Ojukwu contested for presidency under APGA and you people did noty vote for him. Why blame Yorubas for your failure? As for the Hausas, I don't respond to their senseless utterances because they have admitted that they are over 50 years behind us. Have you ever wondered why all Abubakar Tafawa Balewa and Ahmadu Bello followers are now beggers and boko haram while Nnamdi Azikiwe, Alex Ekwueme and Emeka Anyiokwu produced only market menand women? Awo have produced and is still producing intellectuals. If any of you North, East or South South want to go to WAR again, you are free to, we Yorubas will decide what to do.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by jude33084(m): 8:18am On Aug 14, 2012
Ile-Ife:

Yoruba This, Yoruba that, Yoruba fear-fear. Say what you want.Igbos had it coming and they got what they deserved during that war. Iyamiri the war lords, What have your people done to protect your kinsmen from boko-haram. You've suffered more casualties from the abokis. whole families wiped out. what have the "strong, powerful" igbo men that don't fear done, what has the chief of army staff done? not even one igbo group confronted the abokis fiercely like Asari is doing when boko-haram targeted igbo churches.

I tire oh! Τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ Ibos have surfered τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ most from τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ hands of τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇i§̤̥̈̊ Northerners yet they are afraid Ť☺ speak out ßŮϯ when Asari is trying Ť☺ help?...they are all runing away singing Asari is on his own.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 14, 2012
vladimiros: DO THIS NORTHERENERS KNOW HOW HAPPY THEY MAKE WE SOUTHERNERS FEEL ANYTIME THEY SHOW HATE TOWARDS US?

ALL WE NEED IS THAT REFERENDUM

" the ballot is stronger than the bullet"- Abraham linclon

These people have shown to be too unreasonable for the abovementioned quote.

So this time, it is either ;

"The ballot or the bullet" --- Malcolm X

@Topic

Does he mean the fabricated history that lack credibility and objectivity ?

Going back to the drawing board. This time it will be fought in the North and we will make sure we turn those pile of 120 million Almajiris into unproductive desert sands.

As for the Yoruba's in the house, this man has shown they have no regards for you, meaning they will invade your land and use your sea at will.

What are you gonna say about it Cowards?

This is the 21century and not 1967. A lot have CHANGE !!!

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by winie(f): 8:24am On Aug 14, 2012
mai gaskiya: Let me fist of all on behalf of every rite thnking nija deltan apologise 2 general ojukwu nd philip efiong nd every brave ibos dat lost dia lyfs in d war.its nw crystal clear dat d ibos re rite afteral bt we nija deltans nd yorubas hav beng d fools nd cowards after al.nw al ds is cmg out just becos dy re nt in power after ruling dia puportd slaves 4 38ys ntng 2 show.d idiot dat kald hmslf faruk hs 4goten dat witnt we nija deltans blockng d biafran only suply line d sea d ibos woud hav won dat war.d hausas 4 got dat its d benue plateu dat fougt d war nd nt arewa muslims.d same pepl dy re maimg 2dy.d yorubas gve intelectual suport nd few men in frontline bt we nija deltans did d dirty job wic we re regretng 2dy nd nw one hoples animal is here insultng awo thoug yorubas have a trade mark 4 cowardice i stl belev dy shoud be gven credit 4dia worthles contributns wic we re al regretng 2dy.my advice is we nija deltans 2 leav d ibos alone we re payng d price of our stupidty.once agan apologe7 2d man gen ojukwu d man who saw 2mro

I salute you for your maturity. Yours is the most sensible post I have seen so far. It takes only a matured and right thinking person to own up to his mistake and apologise for it. Indeed, the Ikemba saw tomorrow.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by whealthy(m): 8:25am On Aug 14, 2012
1. How many yoruba states was included in Biafra? So the Yorubas should v fought to help igbos actualize there agenda?
2. When Igbos carried out the first coup, they eliminated yoruba nd northern leaders nd allowed there's to flee, then yorubas should fight for them?
3. Ojukwu who went around shamelessly beatin drums of war did not consider his possibility of winin? Was he bankin on the yorubas to be his goons? And for your information, á yoruba fear fear man received the article of surrender from the so called brave ibos! Ask those in the know, the Yorubas won that war, technically. Live with it or die denyin the truth. And we ruled for 8 years! With all igbo unity nd bravery, they er still trodden upon! So much for bravery!
4. To the goats runnin there mouth, where were you durin the Nadeco struggle? The Yoruba brought the nation on her knees, and were placated with OBJs presidency! And that was not even a full blown war!
5. The south west is pursuing peacefully its own independence from the centre, as evident in the political situation in the west. The igbos er screamin murder while they live under PDP dominance. Even the Ojukwu party is a failure in his own states.
6. As for those callin for war here nd there, they er shortsighted fools. Go nd ask your elders who witnessed it whether in the North or South what war does.
7. The mallam makin mouth, its not his fault, i blame whoever gave him the platform. So a one mile military corridor made the yorubas join? Because that one mile covered the whole south west?
8. I hate One Nigeria, war is not the way to go.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Eifeh(m): 8:29am On Aug 14, 2012
Just passing
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by MahatmaGhandi: 8:31am On Aug 14, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

This problem has nothing to do with the igbos. I'll advise igbos to grab a pop corn and watch how things turn out. The population we have now is precious to us and we can't afford to waste our population again , We would not fight FOR or AGAINST. If Hausa Federal Forces want to pathway or corridor in the east to the south south then so be it ! For now we are still part and parcel of ONE NIGERIA and standing on the way of Federal forces is a treasonable offence . I repeat THIS PROBLEM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE IGBOS . We can't always play the football match everytime , sometimes we have to watch and i think this is one of those moments when we watch the match and eagerly anticipate the final score. Kudos to Adaka boro and Saro wiwa for keeping their people among ONE NIGERIA.

it is either you don't know an igbo man or maybe they have changed,well I don't know sha but I know one thing no corridor will pass through igbo land you can always bet on that,if it happens even ojukwu will turn in his grave,igbo's may not join the war yes but fighting along side the very people that wants them wiped off the map is not and has never been their style,am not ibo but I know this much about them.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 14, 2012
HNosegbe: But seriously, I have to ask, again, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE NORTHERNERS?
you mean core northern muslim ko?
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by yemmy19(m): 8:35am On Aug 14, 2012
ontroversial former minister of aviation and Obasanjo attack dog, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode has hit out at a prominent Northern leader, Alhaji Usman Faruk, a former military governor of North-West State during the General Yakubu Gowon regime, who said recently at the Sultan Bello Mosque in Kaduna during Sheik Ahmad Gumi’s Ramadan sermon that Asari Dokubo needs to brush up on his history because the North essentially dominated the Yoruba people and conquered the people of the Niger Delta during the civil war and that "Awolowo attempted he failed talk less of one boy (meaning Asari)".

Faruk who also claimed that the North had a population of 120 million compared to only 50 million in the South said that the onshore/offshore issue was cheating the North.

This is even as the equally controversial former minister of the FCT, Malam Nasir Elrufai, yesterday described Boko Haram as freedom fighters to some when he said in a taped interview that "Someone's terrorist can be another person's freedom fighter".

In his response Fani-Kayode released the statement below;

I went through the story in Sahareporters and I must confess that the Elder from the north that spoke called Alhaji Usman Faruk is talking absolute nonsense and he has got his history completely wrong.

I do not share Asari Dokubo's views about bombing the north and splitting the country either but let us all try to be historically factual when we speak. The truth is that It was the 98 per cent yoruba Third Marine Commando under the able command of Brigadier General Benjamin Adekunle that liberated the mid-west and the southern minorities from the igbos during the civil war and NOT the north.

Secondly the north literally begged Awolowo not to declare Oduduwa Republic and go the way of Biafra even though that was his original intention. Thirdly if it hadn't been for Col. Obasanjo (as he then was) who was stationed as Commanding Officer in Ibadan at the time the Biafran forces, under the command of the gallant yoruba officer Col. Banjo, would have entered and swept into the west at Ore and the war would have been over very quickly. They sent Professor Wole Soyinka to Obasanjo and asked for safe passage but Obasanjo refused.

Fourthly it was the support that the south west gave to the north that allowed Nigeria to win the war. Fifthly it was the lie that Gowon and the northern leaders fed to Awolowo that he would be made President of the country after the war and after being effectively being made de facto Prime Minister under Gowon during the war that got Awoloo to support them. Had it not been for that strong support from the yoruba and particularly the efforts of the predominantly yoruba Third Marine Commando who pushed the Biafrans out of the mid west, the south south and back into the east and who evenually went into igboland, occupied it and took the surrender of the igbos, there is no way that Nigeria could have won the war.

No matter what side of the divide we are on in this matter we must get the history right because there are millions of young people on the internet and in the country today who do not know the truth and that can easily misled by this type of historical revisionism and falsehood. The arrogance of Alhaji Faruk is sickening and this is especially reflected by the contemptuos manner he reffered to the yoruba in his interview.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by ben4reel: 8:36am On Aug 14, 2012
Yeske!:
Can anyone explain the 'military' corridor and 'we never heard from them again' thingy, I didn't get that part.
^I guess the guy thinks the yorubas are cowards. I'm sure he is wrong.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by omojazzy: 8:41am On Aug 14, 2012
It is either Nigeria breaks or bend permanently. cheesy grin
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 14, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

You make very good point here. Unless they step on our toes, will we strike back.

As for the Niger Deltans, they can carry their own cross. I hardly come across any Niger Deltan that defends igbo's like our people like to do for them

Ndigbo, know your priorities. Know your battle.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by teecuzy(m): 8:43am On Aug 14, 2012
whealthy: 1. How many yoruba states was included in Biafra? So the Yorubas should v fought to help igbos actualize there agenda?
2. When Igbos carried out the first coup, they eliminated yoruba nd northern leaders nd allowed there's to flee, then yorubas should fight for them?
3. Ojukwu who went around shamelessly beatin drums of war did not consider his possibility of winin? Was he bankin on the yorubas to be his goons? And for your information, á yoruba fear fear man received the article of surrender from the so called brave ibos! Ask those in the know, the Yorubas won that war, technically. Live with it or die denyin the truth. And we ruled for 8 years! With all igbo unity nd bravery, they er still trodden upon! So much for bravery!
4. To the goats runnin there mouth, where were you durin the Nadeco struggle? The Yoruba brought the nation on her knees, and were placated with OBJs presidency! And that was not even a full blown war!
5. The south west is pursuing peacefully its own independence from the centre, as evident in the political situation in the west. The igbos er screamin murder while they live under PDP dominance. Even the Ojukwu party is a failure in his own states.
6. As for those callin for war here nd there, they er shortsighted fools. Go nd ask your elders who witnessed it whether in the North or South what war does.
7. The mallam makin mouth, its not his fault, i blame whoever gave him the platform. So a one mile military corridor made the yorubas join? Because that one mile covered the whole south west?
8. I hate One Nigeria, war is not the way to go.

Thank you Sir, God bless the intelligent and diplomatic people that fought and won wars with intellect and not brute show of bravado.....amen.....call us cowards and fear-fear....atleast 3million of our people didn't die like suicide bombers, we run to fight another day....period. That's not cowardice that's wisdom; and wisdom is profitable to direct.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by dioman: 8:46am On Aug 14, 2012
the mid-field battle is proving 2 b vry tof, tackle r flying in 4m evry conner...Dukubo VS northern elders bt suprisingly d northern elders r drag'n GEJ into this game...cnt dy allow dz government 2 concentrate? GEJ is bla bla bla bla bla, nw he has dramatically improve d power sector...we r all blind 2 c. May God help us.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by bruglione1(m): 8:49am On Aug 14, 2012
jmaine: The 120:50 ratio got me laughing hard. . . . .Their over confidence plenty
I mean what the Bleep is 120:50. These fuckn bush pigs get ahead of themselves each tym. 31 states went down against 5 and we stood for 3yrs. This tym, evn if devil cm put hand we go whip una. If u dudes aint so afraid, a  at aba or onitsha will do the trick. Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Happened To The ALUU 4 Killers? . / Deadly Bombings Reported In Nigerian City Where Boko Haram Was Founded- NY Times / Shehu Sani Distributes Transistor Radio In Kaduna - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.