Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? (23936 Views)

Question To The Indians Who Come To Nairaland / What People In Indonesia Do With Their Dead Is Shocking, Bizarre Tradition. / How The Rich Bury Their Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
legalwealth:

Thanks so much for that and keep it up

and can you just quickly tell me why

Indians behave like kolomental candidate when in love or showing love.

Wink as I want to marry an INDIAN oh.

Quickly tell me and don't let others in here know before they start abusing me.

Ok? As I'm waiting...

i cant comment on Indian nature because there are different types of Indians of different races and tribes and there are mixed-race Indians (45%). i think you are talking about bollywood. that is maybe because their directors tell them to do so. lol grin
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by putro(m): 8:51pm On Aug 14, 2012
[quote author=charlsecy4]The truth is that I prefer burning of bodies to burial. Graves mean a waste of land. I love it the Indian way.[/quote me too
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
i dont like graves because sometimes diseased bodies, after moulding and liquiying, can contaminate underground water sources by leaching and cause a major epidemic.
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by olatwo(m): 11:44pm On Aug 14, 2012
slowice: wot else but to prevent d prevalence of witches nd wizard in dere cun3....so dat u dnt see dead ppl parambulating in d name of spirit.

ROFLMAO grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by oluchijud(f): 12:38am On Aug 15, 2012
charlsecy4: The truth is that I prefer burning of bodies to burial. Graves mean a waste of land. I love it the Indian way.
..hehe... If u dey go hell fire na double hell fire b d@... U burn 4 earth,u burn agn wen u rch ur destination... I dnt wsh u HELL sha!..
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by legalwealth(m): 4:29am On Aug 15, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

i cant comment on Indian nature because there are different types of Indians of different races and tribes and there are mixed-race Indians (45%). i think you are talking about bollywood. that is maybe because their directors tell them to do so. lol grin

Take one tribe to use as sample giving me the reason for their kolomental style of showing I love you.

Sharp sharp as you are exposing me for longing thing oh as an Indian babe is moving closer to me now oh.

Tell me before she hits me and I hit her...
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by Goldenheart(m): 7:26am On Aug 15, 2012
rokiatu: Stoopid tradition.
Alhaja, y?
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by ATMC(f): 8:45am On Aug 15, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
India and China both burn/cremate dead bodies. it is clean and saves land and prevents spread of disease. Its cumpolsory among Indian Hindus and ALL Chinese. the Zoroastrian Indians feed their bodies to dead vultures. same case with some Indian and CHinese Tibetans who leave ther bodies out in the open for animals and birds of prey to devour. Even my people leave the bodies in the bush for animals and bacteria. these are the best ways and saves natural resources and land.
this is an unattached act of love! But could be an abomination in someplace. Hey, but what about d air pollution it's likely to cause...? Save d living by burying d dead!
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by erico2k2(m): 9:15am On Aug 15, 2012
legalwealth:

Are you a Nigerian?

I'm not sure and how I wish the moderator of this thread takes this topic to the frontpage for other Nigerians to see your post.

I'm amazed I must confess.
How old are you? Im deeply concerened
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by erico2k2(m): 9:17am On Aug 15, 2012
ATMC: this is an unattached act of love! But could be an abomination in someplace. Hey, but what about d air pollution it's likely to cause...? Save d living by burying d dead!
Check and do research to how this is carried out,in more mordern society ie in the UK it is done in an insunurator,duno if spelt right
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by alajor(m): 9:27am On Aug 15, 2012
Abeg make una dey burn dead body. D cemetery wey dey for my village scared me well well when I was a kid. I no fit cross am alone dat time.
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by rodeo0070(m): 9:37am On Aug 15, 2012
rokiatu: Stoopid tradition.
Easy on that...
One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by ismail09: 9:58am On Aug 15, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
India and China both burn/cremate dead bodies. it is clean and saves land and prevents spread of disease. Its cumpolsory among Indian Hindus and ALL Chinese. the Zoroastrian Indians feed their bodies to dead vultures. same case with some Indian and CHinese Tibetans who leave ther bodies out in the open for animals and birds of prey to devour. Even my people leave the bodies in the bush for animals and bacteria. these are the best ways and saves natural resources and land.
WHO R U PLS N WHR R U FRM THAT UR PEOPLE LEAV DEAD BODIES IN D BUSH 4 ANIMALS?
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
ATMC: this is an unattached act of love! But could be an abomination in someplace. Hey, but what about d air pollution it's likely to cause...? Save d living by burying d dead!

2 solutions. plant more trees. Hindus and Buddhists are supposed to be kind to nature since they rever it so they must preserve forests and plant trees as religious obligation. infactt here is one Hindu sect, the Bishnoi whos entire religious duties revolve around protecting nature. the trees take up CO2 (carbon dioxide). apart from humans, elephants are also accorded the honour of a full-fledged cremation with prayers, in India. In Japan and TAiwan, relatives sometimes keep a few bones at home for memories i think.

China on the other hand has done something clever. their cremation is done in electric crematoriums so there is no pollution. the electric burner converts the body to ash. the Indians also are taking up this idea. in Hong Kong, they use town gas.

this is called enhancing religion with science. all that Paganism is about since they dont go by any book.
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
ismail09: WHO R U PLS N WHR R U FRM THAT UR PEOPLE LEAV DEAD BODIES IN D BUSH 4 ANIMALS?

i am from Mars. i come in peace.
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by ATMC(f): 1:55am On Aug 16, 2012
erico2k2:
Check and do research to how this is carried out,in more mordern society ie in the UK it is done in an insunurator,duno if spelt right
incinerator, u mean?
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by ATMC(f): 1:57am On Aug 16, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

2 solutions. plant more trees. Hindus and Buddhists are supposed to be kind to nature since they rever it so they must preserve forests and plant trees as religious obligation. infactt here is one Hindu sect, the Bishnoi whos entire religious duties revolve around protecting nature. the trees take up CO2 (carbon dioxide). apart from humans, elephants are also accorded the honour of a full-fledged cremation with prayers, in India. In Japan and TAiwan, relatives sometimes keep a few bones at home for memories i think.

China on the other hand has done something clever. their cremation is done in electric crematoriums so there is no pollution. the electric burner converts the body to ash. the Indians also are taking up this idea. in Hong Kong, they use town gas.

this is called enhancing religion with science. all that Paganism is about since they dont go buy any book.
really?
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:46am On Aug 16, 2012
ATMC: really?

yes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aare Adetola Emmanuel King Celebrates His Birthday Today (Photos) / ABU, Zaria Management Storms Onitsha For Ofala Festival (Photos) / Ekpe Masquerades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.