Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Where Do People Go When They Die? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Do People Go When They Die? (2515 Views)

Where do Atheists go when they die? / Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? / Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do People Go When They Die? by eyenCalabar(m): 12:15am On Aug 14, 2012
I've been wondering myself but I want to hear you guys opinions on where people go when they die and get buried. Some people believes that some other peoples' spirits are so strong such that when they die they can wake easily from the grave and wander about sometimes causing havoc and other times crying and wishing they could come back to life. On the other hand some believes when one dies, the activities of life of such a person comes to a halt and sieze to exist whether in the spirit or otherwise while some other believes when people dies, the good ones go straight to heaven while the bad/wicked ones same way go straight to hell. For me, I believe when one dies and the person is laid six feet below, everything about him and life seizes until that resurrection day when the death would be called back to life to stand before God and get their judgment. What's your own opinion in this? Do some people wake from grave under certain conditions while some just decide not to embarrass themselves and sleep quietly with enough consciousness of what is happening around them?
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by fushia(m): 1:16am On Aug 14, 2012
Why not kill yourself, then come back on nairaland and tell us. I'm sure there will be internet access there. smiley

.... I think it's the same as before birth. No memory.
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by fushia(m): 2:53am On Aug 14, 2012
In my culture, it is believed that when one's life is cut short, I.e. It's not their time, they move far away from where they originally lived in their former life. They live a completely different and normal life, unaware that they have died. They said if anyone recognises them from their previous life, they disappear.
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by eyenCalabar(m): 9:25am On Aug 14, 2012
fushia: In my culture, it is believed that when one's life is cut short, I.e. It's not their time, they move far away from where they originally lived in their former life. They live a completely different and normal life, unaware that they have died. They said if anyone recognises them from their previous life, they disappear.

That's re-incarnation of some sought! I don't believe that.
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by AtheistD(m): 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2012
I belive that when people die, they are dead. There is no afterlife, no spirits, no reincsrnation, heaven, hell or other afterlife residence. We should make the most of our lives because when we aredead, we are dead.

3 Likes

Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by benodic: 4:05pm On Aug 14, 2012
when someones dies the real self soul simply drops the physical body just like where someone is changing cloth and moves to the next plane where he faces the Judge of the dead. after judgement depending on how the person spent his/her life while on earth he/she may be required to reincarnate in order to pay back debts incurred in the previous life. some souls are so attached to the earth that after the demise of the physical body they become earth bound and start roaming around the earth as ghost disturbing people. while others who have attained spiritual maturity once they drop the physical body moves straight into the heavenly worlds and does not need to reincarnate. if they come back they do so as spiritual masters in order to help fellow souls find their way back home to God.
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by eyenCalabar(m): 5:56pm On Aug 14, 2012
benodic:
when someones dies the real self soul simply drops the physical body just like where someone is changing cloth and moves to the next plane where he faces the Judge of the dead. after judgement depending on how the person spent his/her life while on earth[b] he/she may be required to reincarnate in order to pay back debts incurred in the previous life. [/b]some souls are so attached to the earth that after the demise of the physical body they become earth bound and start roaming around the earth as ghost disturbing people. while others who have attained spiritual maturity once they drop the physical body moves straight into the heavenly worlds and does not need to reincarnate. if they come back they do so as spiritual masters in order to help fellow souls find their way back home to God.

@the bolded part especially: where do you based such assertion from? Haven't heard that before! And if that's true, do they come wearing the same face and in the same environment? If no, how do they then pay these debts to the one the indebted to?
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by AtheistD(m): 7:10pm On Aug 14, 2012
eyenCalabar:

@the bolded part especially: where do you based such assertion from? Haven't heard that before! And if that's true, do they come wearing the same face and in the same environment? If no, how do they then pay these debts to the one the indebted to?

And how can they pay a debt they know nothing about.
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by benodic: 6:52pm On Sep 30, 2012
@ eyenCalabar:

benodic:
when someones dies the real self soul simply drops the physical body just like where someone is changing cloth and moves to the next plane where he faces the Judge of the dead. after judgement depending on how the person spent his/her life while on earth[b] he/she may be required to reincarnate in order to pay back debts incurred in the previous life. [/b]some souls are so attached to the earth that after the demise of the physical body they become earth bound and start roaming around the earth as ghost disturbing people. while others who have attained spiritual maturity once they drop the physical body moves straight into the heavenly worlds and does not need to reincarnate. if they come back they do so as spiritual masters in order to help fellow souls find their way back home to God.

@the bolded part especially: where do you based such assertion from? Haven't heard that before!

these are from the teachings of ECKANKAR, Religion of the Light and Sound of God. you can get more information on the website www.eckankar.org and there 2 free e-books you can download called 'Eckankar, Ancient Wisdom for Today' and 'Is Life a Random Walk?' these 2 e-books will throw more light on the subject matter

And if that's true, do they come wearing the same face and in the same environment? If no, how do they then pay these debts to the one the indebted to?

the physical body is just like a cloth worn by soul. once it is done with it, it simply picks up another cloth. soul can reincarnate in the same environment but not in the same physical body. it picks up another one. in other to pay its debts the Lords of Karma finetunes the circumstances to enable the person pay the debt. the emphasis is not just paying a debt but learning the lesson behind the experience. for example if someone in a past life caused someone to become blind he can reincarnate as a blind baby so that It will know what if feels like to be blind.
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by benodic: 7:01pm On Sep 30, 2012
Atheist:-D

eyenCalabar:

And how can they pay a debt they know nothing about.

ignorance of the spiritual laws of life is no excuse and the fact that a soul forgets about the atrocities it committed in a past life does not exonerate it in any way. the records of all our past life is stored in one of the inner bodies worn by soul called the Causal Body which is linked to the memory part of the Human brain. so if you really want to find out about your past life it is possible. there are even books written about hypnotic regression under which some people were able to recall memories of their past lives. so the choice is always up to the individual soul to find out the truth about its lives or to keep on living blindly and wandering why life is bringing miseries to It
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by Rossikk(m): 7:19pm On Sep 30, 2012
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS DEATH

Whispers of the Soul

Josiane Antonette's near-death experience

Born in France and trained as a nurse, Josiane Antonette had a near-death experience in 1966 when she became aware of her ability to "communicate with the other side." For over 30 years, she has worked with the dying and the living, in hospitals as a chaplain, universities as a teacher, as a spiritual counselor, healer and ceremonial leader. Her understanding of living, dying and the spiritual realms has touched many people.

The following are short excepts from her most excellent book, Whispers Of The Soul. It is a book I highly recommend.

The Realm of Restless Spirits

My near-death experience shattered my world. It shook me into remembering spirit and other dimensions of life, which I had known as a child but had forgotten so that I could fit into society. I feel the jerking of the ambulance as it rushes me through the dark streets of Marseille to the hospital. Twenty-four hours have passed since my underground abortion with a feuseuse d'anges, an "angel maker." Abortion is illegal in France now, and many women die because of the unsanitary conditions of the procedure. I am only twenty-four years old, a young nurse. Am I dying? Am I outside myself observing? I see my body and its pain. I look at my feet; they are pale and lifeless. My legs cannot move. My face is white and drawn.

I watch as the walls of the ambulance dissolve. I see the lights of the city speed toward me. I can see the stars! What am I doing up so high? Why does everything look so small all of a sudden?

Memories pass before my eyes as in a movie.

(She momentarily returns to her body)

I see family members at the foot of my bed through a haze. Suddenly they disappear. From where they stood I see faces rushing toward me with incredible speed. They race toward my face, expanding then dissolving. Face after face washes over me! I am terrified. I'm drifting. I'm unable to keep my eyes open.

Who are these people? Some I recognize as people I've known who have died. Others I do not recognize.

"Stay away! Where is my family?"

Now the whole room is filled with spirits! They hover near me and look into my eyes. I try to push them away. I fight them. The experience seems to go on forever. These are spirits who are restless. Their faces are twisted with pain. They seem lost. It's frightening to see them walking back and forth around my bed. And now – spirits with glowing faces come close to me. They reflect a gentle and powerful light, reminding me of the pictures of beautiful angels that I love so much. I feel nurtured and loved by them, and enveloped by their luminescence. These beings are made of light, and even though their brilliance is intense, I am not blinded. Tremendous compassionate love surrounds me!

Now – I am filled with the essence of love and compassion. This magnetic power is filling every atom of me. I have never before experienced such depth and power of love. I am the power of love! Merging into an intimate dance wherein all boundaries have disappeared, I feel myself one with these beings of compassion.

No words or sounds are being exchanged, and yet communication is happening.

A strong presence assures me, "Yes, you are dying to the world of men. But to us you are being born. Do not be afraid. You have always been with us; we have always been with you. We know you. You just fell asleep during your time on Earth and forgot who you are. Now you are remembering."

Revelation fills my awareness – of course, yes! I am of the Beings of Light and they are of me! What is this new surge of energy? It begins as a very gentle vibration rising through the length of my body, from my feet to the top of my head, but now my whole self is vibrating. I hear buzzing. It is growing louder, and now the vibration and the buzzing are becoming one.

I feel such a wonderful release! I'm free! I can't resist this new and wonderful tide of energy sweeping my body upward. Now I'm on the hospital room ceiling gazing down! Everything appears so small: I see my bed; my body looks small and colorless; the people around the bed are tiny. Overwhelming grief and sorrow fill the room, and yet I feel completely disconnected from the scene below me. I hover nearer and look at the strange form lying on the bed. I feel compassion beyond words. I understand everything, but I have no feeling of attachment to anyone. I look at each person standing at the bedside and feel tremendous love.

I want to say to them, "I'm all right. You don't have to worry. I'm all right. Look at me! I'm fine!"

I am love; I am understanding; I am compassion!

My presence fills the room. And now I feel my presence in every room in the hospital. Even the tiniest space in the hospital is filled with this presence that is me. I sense myself beyond the hospital, above the city, even encompassing Earth. I am melting into the universe. I am everywhere at once. I see pulsing light everywhere. Such a loving presence envelops me!

I hear a voice say, "Life is a precious gift: to love, to care, to share."

Seeing a World of Darkness

Questions race through my awareness: Why is there so much pain in the world? Why are humans made of different colors? Why with different creeds? Why with different languages?

A vision appears. I see our world from the vantage point of a star, or another planet. Earth appears as a sphere cut in half. The surface of the planet is flat and colorless. The ground is bare. No living plant grows from the Earth. Tree branches are naked. There are no fruits, no flowers, no leaves. The barren hills are obscured behind a gray veil. It is a passionless place where no one rejoices at the sunrise, and no one knows when night comes. Naked phantom-like people stand on what seems to be a stage. All the actors are puppets animated by an invisible force. They move in unison and stop all at once.

On one side of half of the sphere, a sun attempts to shine upon the stage, but no one pays attention or makes a sound. Even the birds in the dead trees are silent and motionless. The other side of the half sphere is in darkness. I watch as the darkness grows with frightening speed and covers the whole planet. No one pays attention. Now the darkness covers the sunlight, and now it covers all the bright planets in the universe.

"This is the world with the absence of light, love, and free will," the voice states. "It is the people's choices that created the world you have just seen."

With these words, the nightmarish world begins to dissolve and is replaced by the other half of the planet – a place of vibrant, breathtaking beauty. I perceive how the Earth, the sun, the moon, the darkness, the light, the planets, and all forms of life – plants, rocks, animals, people – are interconnected; they come from the same source of light. Everything is united by a transparent net, or web, and each thread shines with great radiance. Everything pulses with the same luminosity – a magnificent light of unparalleled brilliance.

"From the light we have come, and to the light we all shall return," continues the voice.

I realize now I have been standing in the middle of the two worlds. And with this understanding, an image of the path I have been walking appears. It is narrow and rocky; I have the sensation of losing my balance. I grow afraid of falling into the darkened planet. Free will! With the remembering, I gaze at my invisible feet. The narrow path changes into a wide road. The darkness is replaced by light.

"Never, never forget." I hear the voice say.

Merging with the light, I am so overcome with gratitude and overwhelmed by the love that fills me that I cry.

Suddenly, time and space are different again, and I am momentarily aware of my body.

I am aware that the window to the left of my bed is filled with vibrant, powerful light. It seems to be calling me and pulling me toward it like a magnet. I hear the buzzing again, and ... Whoosh! I'm zooming through the window! I merge with the light! I am the light, and the light is me.

"From the light we have come, and to the light we shall all return," repeats the voice.

What a joy to bathe in this incredible all-knowing, all-loving...

I can travel through walls, ceilings, and space at amazing speed! I visit my son, Philippe, who is only four.

A tremendous power moves me. I am boundless, formless, no longer controlled by my emotions. I am everything. Everything is me!

I'm back in the hospital room. A mist coming from the door facing my bed attracts my attention. In the middle of the vapor is a being with the most heavenly smile. Jean Pierre! It is my cousin, Jean Pierre! I am overwhelmed with joy. As I gaze at Jean Pierre, the hospital room disappears. We are suspended in midair. There are no windows or doors, no ceiling or ground. A brilliant radiance fills all space. He slowly approaches my bed and bends to kiss me. I feel the moisture of his lips on my face, the weight of his body against mine, the gentle touch of his hands on me.

Jean Pierre is the brother I never had. After a long and painful battle with lung cancer, he died two years ago when he was only twenty-two. I am still grieving his passing. How wonderful to see him again! And what is this? He is wearing his butterscotch jacket. This jacket has been the subject of many discussions. He loves it; I hate it.

"How did you know I was here?"

My question is a thought not yet put into words as Jean Pierre answers, "We know everything about you, and we welcome you."

Such a warm feeling of peace! I am complete – whole! I am free of pain and fear. There is no past or future – everything is! There is no need to speak to be understood or to communicate. I feel serenity beyond anything I have ever known. And joy of joys: I can fly! I swirl easily and with great speed around my cousin in a playful way, expressing the ultimate joy that is me. Everything is the way it should be. Never have I felt so clear, so complete, so loved. I gaze at myself: I am whole and healed! I can interact and play with Jean Pierre with my natural vigor. Familiar Beings of Light are here, too. I immerse myself in their loving presence. It's as if they are protecting me and carrying me. We are all interconnected. I relax into the timeless joy. What a glorious feeling! I want to be here forever. Jean Pierre is gazing at me now as the other beings begin to depart. His dark eyes are filled with great tenderness and purity. He turns to leave with the others, and I plead with him to take me with him. His eyes fill with sadness.

"Not now," he responds. "There is much, much work for you. You have to go back and tell them. Life is a precious gift. Each moment is filled with great opportunities. Don't waste your time on Earth. Spread love and understanding. We will always be with you – guiding you, protecting you, awaiting the time when we will be reunited – when your work on Earth is over."

I watch as Jean Pierre dissolves into the same brilliant light with which he had entered. The light is fading away, too.

The room is empty now. My grief is intense. I start to cry out of desperation and loneliness.

Suddenly, I'm back in the hospital in bed. I am fully aware of my surroundings and my physical state of being. Tubes are implanted in my body. The pain is overwhelming. My sadness is intense. I am so weak I cannot speak. I have lost my voice, and the doctors are alarmed by the tears which are using up the strength I need to recuperate. Crying is all I want to do! My body feels like a suit that is too tight; the room is confining; the smell of sickness surprises my senses; the human condition saddens me.

"Josianne, you're back!" I recognize my sister's voice. I see her careful gaze. "You've been in a coma for three days. We didn't know if you were coming back."

"From the light we have come and to the light we shall return." - Josiane Antonette

http://www.near-death.com/antonette.html

For more NDE accounts visit www.near-death.com
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by eyenCalabar(m): 11:58am On Oct 01, 2012
benodic: Atheist:-D

ignorance of the spiritual laws of life is no excuse and the fact that a soul forgets about the atrocities it committed in a past life does not exonerate it in any way. the records of all our past life is stored in one of the inner bodies worn by soul called the Causal Body which is linked to the memory part of the Human brain. so if you really want to find out about your past life it is possible. there are even books written about hypnotic regression under which some people were able to recall memories of their past lives. so the choice is always up to the individual soul to find out the truth about its lives or to keep on living blindly and wandering why life is bringing miseries to It

Are u a member of Eckanker?
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by benodic: 2:42pm On Oct 01, 2012
@ eyenCalabar

Are u a member of Eckanker?

yes. i am a member of Eckankar
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by eyenCalabar(m): 8:59pm On Oct 01, 2012
benodic:
@ eyenCalabar

yes. i am a member of Eckankar

But… where do u based ur teachings from? It always sounds like metaphysics

1 Like

Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by Freksy(m): 10:41pm On Oct 01, 2012
benodic:
when someones dies the real self soul simply drops the physical body just like where someone is changing cloth and moves to the next plane where he faces the Judge of the dead. after judgement depending on how the person spent his/her life while on earth he/she may be required to reincarnate in order to pay back debts incurred in the previous life. some souls are so attached to the earth that after the demise of the physical body they become earth bound and start roaming around the earth as ghost disturbing people. while others who have attained spiritual maturity once they drop the physical body moves straight into the heavenly worlds and does not need to reincarnate. if they come back they do so as spiritual masters in order to help fellow souls find their way back home to God.

Sir, has any of your grandparents reincarnated before or told you about his/her previous life? Where were you before this present life?
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by Freksy(m): 10:47pm On Oct 01, 2012
Atheist:-D:
I belive that when people die, they are dead. There is no afterlife, no spirits, no reincsrnation, heaven, hell or other afterlife residence. We should make the most of our lives because when we aredead, we are dead.

Do you mean we'll all turn to dust at death?
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by benodic: 9:11pm On Oct 02, 2012
@ Freksy

Sir, has any of your grandparents reincarnated before or told you about his/her previous life? Where were you before this present life?

i had the good fortune of remembering my immediate past life when i was a child. i kept my recollections to myself because i was being taught in the church that we live only once and that there is no reincarnation. as i grew older i verified the past life recall i was having and that became my proof. later i encountered the teachings of Eckankar which gave meaning to many of the experiences i was having. we do not try to convince any one to accept the concept of reincarnation as you will come face to face with it in due course. it is your choice to find out now or wait until you translate then you will know whether it is a fact not.

@ eyenCalabar

But… where do u based ur teachings from? It always sounds like metaphysics

ECK means Holy Spirit and ANKAR means "The Way" so put together Eckankar means "The Way of the Holy Spirit".
Eckankar presents the purest teachings of the Holy Spirit you can find on earth today.

The Holy spirit can be seen as a light with the spiritual eyes and can be heard as a sound with the spiritual ears. an example is what happened during the pentecost when the disciples heard the sound of rushing wind and saw light like tongues of fire on each of their heads. It is through the avenue of the Holy Spirit that Soul ascends back to God.

It is the Holy Spirit that leads soul to all truth and takes it back to God when it reaches spiritual maturity. Eckankar presents simple Spiritual exercises that can help you as soul to link up with the Holy Spirit. this link up opens your heart to love and you become a better channel for God's love to flow to all life.
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by haibe(m): 11:04am On Oct 03, 2012
This New Age philosophy is nothing more than
Hinduism in another package. It focus on God, the self, and love to a great extent, but its real purpose is the exaltation of the self. Be
careful christians of the deception. It appears calm and loving on the outside,
but it houses occultic doctrines and practices.
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by haibe(m): 11:08am On Oct 03, 2012
This New Age philosophy is nothing more than
Hinduism in another package. It focus on God, the self, and love to
a great extent, but its real purpose is the exaltation of the self. Be

Soul travel is encouraged, also having an atom of metapysics
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by Freksy(m): 9:30am On Oct 04, 2012
benodic: @ Freksy

i had the good fortune of remembering my immediate past life when i was a child. i kept my recollections to myself because i was being taught in the church that we live only once and that there is no reincarnation. as i grew older i verified the past life recall i was having and that became my proof. later i encountered the teachings of Eckankar which gave meaning to many of the experiences i was having. we do not try to convince any one to accept the concept of reincarnation as you will come face to face with it in due course. it is your choice to find out now or wait until you translate then you will know whether it is a fact not.

A neurosurgery pioneer, Wilder Penfield, who operated on epileptics who were under local anesthesia, made an interesting discovery. He found that by stimulating different parts of the brain with an electrode, he could cause the patient to have the feeling of being outside his own body, traveling through a tunnel, and meeting dead relatives.

He further discovered that children who have had near-death experiences meet, not their dead relatives, but schoolmates or teachers—those who are still alive. This indicates that such experiences have a certain cultural connection. What is experienced is connected with the present life, not with something beyond death.

Medical experts have reported that the aforementioned can also occur in connection with "fatigue, fever, epileptic attacks and drug abuse."

Also, are you aware that unborn babies of about 5/6 months' gestation can respond to external sound and light? You started inputting things into your brain as early as that.

Sir, how sure are you that it's not one of the above experiences that gives you a mental impression of a pre-existent life?

1 Like

Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by Rossikk(m): 1:36am On Oct 05, 2012
haibe: This New Age philosophy is nothing more than
Hinduism in another package. It focus on God, the self, and love to
a great extent, but its real purpose is the exaltation of the self. Be

Soul travel is encouraged, also having an atom of metapysics

This is why I say you christians talk so much rubbish.

What is this ''exaltation of self'' rubbish?

Your christian religion expects everyone to walk around with their heads bowed, covered in shame, guilt and inferiority complex, as 'born sinners'.

Once you REFUSE to regard yourself in this negative, dependent, sorry light, grasping desperately the coat tails of 'the lord', you become guilty of ''exalting yourself''. (''Afterall, don't you know your place, you worthless slave?'')

To HELL with that.

In fact FUCKKK OFF WITH THAT SHIIT.

ANY RELIGION THAT SAYS HUMANS MUST REGARD THEMSELVES AS INFERIOR IS A FALSE, FAKE RELIGION.

ALL Human beings are POWERFUL, IMMORTAL SPIRITS living a brief tenure as 'humans', as part of a spiritual game. We are ALL ASPECTS OF GOD. GOD IS NOT AND CAN NEVER BE SEPARATE FROM US. ALL ARE ONE. EVERYTHING IN EXISTENCE - SEEN AND UNSEEN, IS AN ASPECT OF GOD.

We are NOT inferior animals and slaves to any ''saviour'' as christianity wants us to believe.

WE ARE ALL 'SAVED', AND ALWAYS WILL BE 'SAVED', AND HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO FEAR BECAUSE WE ARE ALL GOD.
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by igbo2011(m): 3:40am On Oct 05, 2012
Rossikk:

This is why I say you christians talk so much rubbish.

What is this ''exaltation of self'' rubbish?

Your christian religion expects everyone to walk around with their heads bowed, covered in shame, guilt and inferiority complex, as 'born sinners'.

Once you REFUSE to regard yourself in this negative, dependent, sorry light, grasping desperately the coat tails of 'the lord', you become guilty of ''exalting yourself''. (''Afterall, don't you know your place, you worthless slave?'')

To HELL with that.

In fact FUCKKK OFF WITH THAT SHIIT.

ANY RELIGION THAT SAYS HUMANS MUST REGARD THEMSELVES AS INFERIOR IS A FALSE, FAKE RELIGION.

ALL Human beings are POWERFUL, IMMORTAL SPIRITS living a brief tenure as 'humans', as part of a spiritual game. We are ALL ASPECTS OF GOD. GOD IS NOT AND CAN NEVER BE SEPARATE FROM US. ALL ARE ONE. EVERYTHING IN EXISTENCE - SEEN AND UNSEEN, IS AN ASPECT OF GOD.

We are NOT inferior animals and slaves to any ''saviour'' as christianity wants us to believe.

WE ARE ALL 'SAVED', AND ALWAYS WILL BE 'SAVED', AND HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO FEAR BECAUSE WE ARE ALL GOD.

So what are your religious beliefs?
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by benodic: 11:44am On Oct 05, 2012
@ Freksy:

benodic: @ Freksy

A neurosurgery pioneer, Wilder Penfield, who operated on epileptics who were under local anesthesia, made an interesting discovery. He found that by stimulating different parts of the brain with an electrode, he could cause the patient to have the feeling of being outside his own body, traveling through a tunnel, and meeting dead relatives.

He further discovered that children who have had near-death experiences meet, not their dead relatives, but schoolmates or teachers—those who are still alive. This indicates that such experiences have a certain cultural connection. What is experienced is connected with the present life, not with something beyond death.

Medical experts have reported that the aforementioned can also occur in connection with "fatigue, fever, epileptic attacks and drug abuse."

Also, are you aware that unborn babies of about 5/6 months' gestation can respond to external sound and light? You started inputting things into your brain as early as that.

Sir, how sure are you that it's not one of the above experiences that gives you a mental impression of a pre-existent life?

any doubts i may have had concerning my past life experiences were cleared when i became a member of Eckankar. you see, the teachings of Eckankar are practical and gives you a 360 degrees view of life from the soul point of view. what material scientists are doing is just like, in trying to identify a person you start fiddling with the cloth the person is wearing instead of working with the real person which is Soul.

unfortunately for the scientist, soul can not be measured with physical instruments because its vibrations is beyond the physical spectrum. when you look at life from the view point of soul everything falls into place and everything makes sense. spiritual experiences are subjective experiences and can never be measured in a laboratory. it is up to the individual to prove them for himself or herself and in the process of course nobody will be clapping for you or hailing you for the reality is that people do not want to know the truth. in fact. they are scared of the truth.

it takes only the bold and courageous to undertake the journey, cross the boundaries of life and death and see things on the other side and come back to tell the story. like i said earlier, memories of all our past lives are stored in one of the inner bodies which soul wears which is called the causal body. this inner body has connections with the human brain. so on stimulations of the physical brain such memories both of past and present lives can flash across the screen of the mind. there is no big deal about that.

also the use of some hypnotic hard drugs can forcefully open the window of soul which is known as the third eye or spiritual eye and the drug abuser will have a short peep into the inner worlds which is what usually brings the euphoria. but this method of looking into the inner worlds damages the bodies that soul is wearing and can open that person up to invasion by evil spirits. this is what is meant by entering heaven through the back door. that is why drug abuse is very dangerous. infective conditions like malaria and meningitis etc also has the same effect of forcefully opening the third eye and the person becomes starts hallucinating.

that is reason why i am not bothered at all about what the material scientists are doing. Eckankar turns you into a spiritual scientist and with the help of the spiritual exercises you can travel into the inner worlds and see things for yourself as soul. you verify things for yourself and your experiences becomes your authority.
that is my take on the issue.
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by AtheistD(m): 12:03pm On Oct 05, 2012
Freksy:

Do you mean we'll all turn to dust at death?

Some slowly, some fast (cremation). Others have some of them live on as donors in other peoples bodies but yes we all eventually do become dust.

1 Like

Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by benodic: 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2012
@ Rossikk

there is no need for you to be angry at christians. Everybody is at their own level of consciousness.

Expansion of consciousness is not an easy thing at all and takes several life times to achieve. Just be patient with them and with every body else. Say the truth as you know it and let it be. Those who it is meant for will acknowledge it.

But more importantly focus your energies in realizing and experiencing your oneness with God and with all life , for that is what matters most
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by truthislight: 1:10pm On Oct 05, 2012
benodic:
@ Freksy:

any doubts i may have had concerning my past life experiences were cleared when i became a member of Eckankar. you see, the teachings of Eckankar are practical and gives you a 360 degrees view of life from the soul point of view. what material scientists are doing is just like, in trying to identify a person you start fiddling with the cloth the person is wearing instead of working with the real person which is Soul.

unfortunately for the scientist, soul can not be measured with physical instruments because its vibrations is beyond the physical spectrum. when you look at life from the view point of soul everything falls into place and everything makes sense. spiritual experiences are subjective experiences and can never be measured in a laboratory. it is up to the individual to prove them for himself or herself and in the process of course nobody will be clapping for you or hailing you for the reality is that people do not want to know the truth. in fact. they are scared of the truth.

it takes only the bold and courageous to undertake the journey, cross the boundaries of life and death and see things on the other side and come back to tell the story. like i said earlier, memories of all our past lives are stored in one of the inner bodies which soul wears which is called the causal body. this inner body has connections with the human brain. so on stimulations of the physical brain such memories both of past and present lives can flash across the screen of the mind. there is no big deal about that.

also the use of some hypnotic hard drugs can forcefully open the window of soul which is known as the third eye or spiritual eye and the drug abuser will have a short peep into the inner worlds which is what usually brings the euphoria. but this method of looking into the inner worlds damages the bodies that soul is wearing and can open that person up to invasion by evil spirits. this is what is meant by entering heaven through the back door. that is why drug abuse is very dangerous. infective conditions like malaria and meningitis etc also has the same effect of forcefully opening the third eye and the person becomes starts hallucinating.

that is reason why i am not bothered at all about what the material scientists are doing. Eckankar turns you into a spiritual scientist and with the help of the spiritual exercises you can travel into the inner worlds and see things for yourself as soul. you verify things for yourself and your experiences becomes your authority.

according to your stand, satan was right when he said man will not die.

According to your stand God lied when he said that man will die when he disobeyed.

^^^ good for you.

God said at GENESIS 3:19
dust you were taking to dust you will return.

Time will tell who was lying between God and satan.

We are all taking sides at the end of the day.
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by ijawkid(m): 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
The questions we should be asking is:::

When Jesus died,where did he go to??

Before Yahweh ressurected Jesus,where was Jesus after he died??

If one can answer these questions then one can answer where we go when we die...

The answer is just right in front of us......

1 Like

Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by Freksy(m): 9:09pm On Oct 05, 2012

Some slowly, some fast (cremation). Others have some of them live on as donors in other peoples bodies but yes we all eventually do become dust.

Guy, I believe you! When I looked up Genesis 3:19 referred to by truthislight i found the same thing. "In the sweat of your face you shall eat breadTill you return to the ground, For out of it you were taken;For dust you are, And to dust you shall return.” -Genesis 3:19 (NKJV)
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by Kay17: 9:49pm On Oct 05, 2012
@benodic

I find materialist explanations quite enlightening also, the mind is taken to be a hardware which capable of malfunctioning (hallucinations), displaying unreliable outputs.

What do your convictions rest on? Reason, empirical evidence?? Faith?
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by Freksy(m): 10:02pm On Oct 05, 2012

Thanks for the advice! Its sounds like the one below:

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going." -Ecclesiastes 9:10 (NKJV)
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by benodic: 10:59am On Oct 06, 2012
@ Kay 17

@benodic

I find materialist explanations quite enlightening also, the mind is taken to be a hardware which capable of malfunctioning (hallucinations), displaying unreliable outputs.

What do your convictions rest on? Reason, empirical evidence?? Faith?

it is okay if you accept the materialist explanations of our beingness. for me my convictions rest on my personal experiences which of course no one can take from me. like i said earlier things of the spirit are not subject to scientific dissection because material scientists do not have the instruments to penetrate the spiritual worlds to record the events there.

the instruments that can penetrate the spiritual worlds are our spiritual ears and and spiritual eyes with which your real self, soul, uses to see into and explore the inner spiritual worlds. the experiences you have there are subjective and not open to objective analysis. you can only understand it when you have the experience yourself but until then you will never understand where i am coming from.
Re: Where Do People Go When They Die? by Freksy(m): 12:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
benodic:
@ Freksy:

Fallacy! It's a brain work, nothing really leaves the body. Moreover, those who believe in reincarnation say that the very meaning of being reborn is to get a new chance to better our situation.

If this is so, why in this day and age do wickedness dominates the world scene more than ever? If only good people are reborn as humans, where did all the wicked people come from? Should not there be fewer and fewer wicked people? Is the purpose of reincarnation not defeated?

The truth is: Nobody, good or wicked, is ever reincarnated to begin another life as a human or anything else for that matter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Support Gays And Lesbians Who Think Homosexuality Should Be Legalized? / Jailed County Clerk Rejects Proposal To Let Deputies Issue Gay Marriage Licenses / The 'Hatist' Manifesto - Is Religion Worth It? (Incomplete)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.