Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

"What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" (2582 Views)

Fulfilling Your Role In A Struggling Marriage As A Christian Spouse / Signs Of The End Times / Are We Living in the End Times? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
Question: "What is Israel's role in the end times?"

Answer:

Every time there is a conflict in or around Israel, many see it as a sign of the quickly approaching end times. The problem with this is that we may eventually tire of the conflict in Israel, so much so that we will not recognize when true, prophetically significant events occur. Conflict in Israel is not necessarily a sign of the end times.

Conflict in Israel has been a reality whenever Israel has existed as a nation. Whether it was the Egyptians, Amalekites, Midianites, Moabites, Ammonites, Amorites, Philistines, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, or Romans, the nation of Israel has always been persecuted by its neighbours. Why is this? According to the Bible, it is because God has a special plan for the nation of Israel, and Satan wants to defeat that plan. Satanically influenced hatred of Israel—and especially Israel’s God—is the reason Israel’s neighbours have always wanted to see Israel destroyed. Whether it is Sennacherib, king of Assyria; Haman, official of Persia; Hitler, leader of Nazi Germany; or Rouhani, President of Iran, attempts to completely destroy Israel will always fail. The persecutors of Israel will come and go, but the persecution will remain until the second coming of Christ. As a result, conflict in Israel is not a reliable indicator of the soon arrival of the end times.

However, the Bible does say there will be terrible conflict in Israel during the end times. That is why the time period is known as the Tribulation, the Great Tribulation, and the "time of Jacob’s trouble" (Jeremiah 30:7). Here is what the Bible says about Israel in the end times:

There will be a mass return of Jews to the land of Israel (Deuteronomy 30:3; Isaiah 43:6; Ezekiel 34:11-13; 36:24; 37:1-14).

The Antichrist will make a 7-year covenant of "peace" with Israel (Isaiah 28:18; Daniel 9:27).

The temple will be rebuilt in Jerusalem (Daniel 9:27; Matthew 24:15; 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4; Revelation 11:1).

The Antichrist will break his covenant with Israel, and worldwide persecution of Israel will result (Daniel 9:27; 12:1, 11; Zechariah 11:16; Matthew 24:15, 21; Revelation 12:13). Israel will be invaded (Ezekiel chapters 38-39).

Israel will finally recognize Jesus as their Messiah (Zechariah 12:10). Israel will be regenerated, restored, and regathered (Jeremiah 33:8; Ezekiel 11:17; Romans 11:26).

There is much turmoil in Israel today. Israel is persecuted, surrounded by enemies—Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah, etc. But this hatred and persecution of Israel is only a hint of what will happen in the end times (Matthew 24:15-21). The latest round of persecution began when Israel was reconstituted as a nation in 1948. Many Bible prophecy scholars believed the six-day Arab-Israeli war in 1967 was the "beginning of the end." Could what is taking place in Israel today indicate that the end is near? Yes. Does it necessarily mean the end is near? No. Jesus Himself said it best, "Watch out that no one deceives you. . . . You will hear of wars and rumours of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come" (Matthew 24:4-6).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/end-times-Israel.html#ixzz37AlyB2ft
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by kuss: 4:23pm On Jul 11, 2014
i ve read all your post in this forum i must admit they have been a blessing
keep it up

1 Like

Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by kuss: 4:54pm On Jul 11, 2014
during the 7years there will be peace in Israel
then suddenly israel will come under attack
1 Thessalonians 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by Candour(m): 5:43pm On Jul 11, 2014
Nice teaching. Indeed Isreal is very much the focus of the end time events and the tribulation: the time of Jacob's trouble.

This article throws up another question thus: "where does this particular teaching fit in the messages popular in most mega churches today"?

How do you fit this teaching into the messages of christian domination etc spreading like wildfire today?
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by kuss: 9:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
one thing most people don't know is that there is no particular message called message of salvation
every preacher has a message given to him by God
Kenneth hagin never preached any message outside mark 11:23 and yet thousands got saved in his meeting, oral robert never preach any other message but healing yet thousands got saved in his meetings
as a preacher preach the message god gave you then make alter call souls will be saved God will always confirm his word for he confirmeth the word of his servant
the problem in our churches today is that pastors that are not given the message of prosperity are preaching prosperity
and again alter call is not made in most churches people go to church to be entertained and the leave the same
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:58am On Jul 12, 2014
kuss:

i ve read all your post in this forum i must admit they have been a blessing
keep it up

Glory be to God! Thanks for the encouragement. Remain blessed.
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:00am On Jul 12, 2014
Candour:

Nice teaching. Indeed Isreal is very much the focus of the end time events and the tribulation: the time of Jacob's trouble.

This article throws up another question thus: "where does this particular teaching fit in the messages popular in most mega churches today"?

How do you fit this teaching into the messages of christian domination etc spreading like wildfire today?

I believe that those opposed to this kind of teaching are satanically influenced against the nation of Israel.
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by Candour(m): 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

I believe that those opposed to this kind of teaching are satanically influenced against the nation of Israel.

True
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by Tgirl4real(f): 4:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
Hmmm...
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
As violence in Israel fills the news, does it mean anything for the end times according to the Bible?
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 11, 2014

1 Like

Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
frosbel:

^^^^

Keep worshipping anti-Christ.

[img]http://socioecohistory.files./2011/06/star_of_david_satanic_hexagram. jpg[/img]

Quit the flabber jabber, you aint hurt! sad
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by Weah96: 2:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
A God that demonstrates partiality and bias, no thanks. Doesn't fit my definition of creator of the universe.
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
Weah96:

A God that demonstrates partiality and bias, no thanks. Doesn't fit my definition of creator of the universe.

Your definition of what the Creator of the universe is what makes you an idolater. cool
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by Weah96: 4:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Your definition of what the Creator of the universe is what makes you an idolater. cool

To whom, if I may ask. You? LOL.
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
Weah96:

To whom, if I may ask. You? LOL.

The mere fact that you created the Creator in your own image making it the oldest sin in the book.
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by JesusisLord85: 10:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
OLAADEGBU: Question: "What is Israel's role in the end times?"

Ignore Olaadegbu's nonsense.

This linked thread has the answers. Those demons living in the land of Israel shall be cast out in a hot minute by the Most High. He shall gather true Israel, you and I. Get ready.

https://www.nairaland.com/1559249/rapture-re-gathering-true-israel

Shalom
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

As violence in Israel fills the news, does it mean anything for the end times according to the Bible?
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
Question: "Will all Israel be saved in the end times?"

Answer: Romans 11:26 plainly says, “All Israel will be saved.” The question that arises is “What is meant by Israel?” Is the future “Israel” literal or figurative (i.e., referring to the ethnic Jews or referring to the Church)? Those who take a literal approach to the promises of the Old Testament believe that the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob will be restored to a right relationship with God and receive the fulfillment of the covenants. Those who advocate replacement theology basically affirm that the Church has completely replaced Israel and will inherit God’s promises to Israel; the covenants, then, will be fulfilled only in a spiritual sense. In other words, replacement theology teaches that Israel will not inherit the actual land of Palestine; the Church is the “new Israel,” and ethnic Israel is forever excluded from the promises—the Jews will not inherit the Promised Land as Jews per se.

We take the literal approach. The passages that speak of future Israel are difficult to view as figurative for the Church. The classic text (Romans 11:16–24) depicts Israel as distinct from the Church: the “natural branches” are the Jews, and the “wild branches” are the Gentiles. The “olive tree” is the collective people of God. The “natural branches” (Jews) are “cut off” the tree for unbelief, and the “wild branches” (believing Gentiles) are grafted in. This has the effect of making the Jews “jealous” and then drawing them to faith in Christ, so they might be “grafted in” again and receive their promised inheritance. The “natural branches” are still distinct from the “wild branches,” so that God’s covenant with His people is literally fulfilled. Romans 11:26–29, citing Isaiah 59:20–21; 27:9; Jeremiah 31:33–34, says:

“And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: ‘The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob. And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins .’ As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable.”

Here, Paul emphasizes the “irrevocable” nature of Israel’s calling as a nation (see also Romans 11:12). Isaiah predicted that a “remnant” of Israel would one day “be called the Holy People, the Redeemed of the LORD” (Isaiah 62:12). Regardless of Israel’s current state of unbelief, a future remnant will in fact repent and fulfill their calling to establish righteousness by faith (Romans 10:1–8; 11:5). This conversion will coincide with the fulfillment of Moses’ prediction of Israel’s permanent restoration to the land (Deuteronomy 30:1–10).

When Paul says Israel will be “saved” in Romans 11:26, he refers to their deliverance from sin (verse 27) as they accept the Saviour, their Messiah, in the end times. Moses said, “The Lord your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live” (Deuteronomy 30:6). Israel’s physical inheritance of the land promised to Abraham will be an integral part of God’s ultimate plan (Deuteronomy 30:3–5).

So how will “all Israel be saved”? The details of this deliverance are filled out in passages such as Zechariah 8—14 and Revelation 7—19, which speak of end-times Israel at Christ’s return. The key verse describing the coming to faith of the future remnant of Israel is Zechariah 12:10, “I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.” This occurs at the end of the tribulation prophesied in Daniel 9:24–27. The apostle John references this event in Revelation 1:7. The faithful remnant of Israel is epitomized in Revelation 7:1–8. These faithful ones the Lord will save and bring back to Jerusalem “in truth and righteousness” (Zechariah 8:7–8, NASB).

After Israel is spiritually restored, Christ will establish His millennial kingdom on earth. Israel will be regathered from the ends of the earth (Isaiah 11:12; 62:10). The symbolic “dry bones” of Ezekiel’s vision will be brought together, covered with flesh, and miraculously resuscitated (Ezekiel 37:1–14). As God promised, the salvation of Israel will involve both a spiritual awakening and a geographical home: “I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land” (Ezekiel 37:14).

In the Day of the Lord, God will “reclaim the surviving remnant of his people” (Isaiah 11:11). Jesus Christ will return destroy the armies gathered against Him in rebellion (Revelation 19). Sinners will be judged, and the faithful remnant of Israel will be set apart forever as God’s holy people (Zechariah 13:8—14:21). Isaiah 12 is their song of deliverance; Zion will rule over all the nations under the banner of Messiah the King.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/all-Israel-saved.html#ixzz3ABnf6Q6h

Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
Candour:

True

Do I have a witness here? cheesy
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by Candour(m): 12:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Do I have a witness here? cheesy

grin you know I avoid getting involved in this particular debate about Israel, the church and end times because the schools of thought are so numerous and they all intersect on one or more points so much so that separating truth from fiction and conspiracy theory is made totally impossible.

As long as our eternal destination isn't dependent on our acceptance of Israel's unique position or not, then my philosophy on this subject is "to each his own belief".

Anyway, for the records, I'm in full agreement with your posts on this issue so far wink
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:15pm On Aug 14, 2014
Candour:

grin you know I avoid getting involved in this particular debate about Israel, the church and end times because the schools of thought are so numerous and they all intersect on one or more points so much so that separating truth from fiction and conspiracy theory is made totally impossible.

As long as our eternal destination isn't dependent on our acceptance of Israel's unique position or not, then my philosophy on this subject is "to each his own belief".

Anyway, for the records, I'm in full agreement with your posts on this issue so far wink

Does that mean that remain perched on the fence? undecided
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by Candour(m): 1:54pm On Aug 14, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Does that mean that remain perched on the fence? undecided

Olaa, read my post which you quoted again. Focus on the last statement and tell if that sounds like perching on a fence
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by Joshthefirst(m): 7:36am On Aug 15, 2014
Candour:

Olaa, read my post which you quoted again. Focus on the last statement and tell if that sounds like perching on a fence
lol
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by ChristTheLorD: 8:48am On Aug 15, 2014
Joshthefirst: lol
The Fall of Zion is Imminent.

2 Likes

Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 15, 2014
Ola is certainly a slave to the Zionist state of Israel , supporting their cause and cheer leading them into the obliteration of more Arabs who by the way are less people than the Jews, not chosen and despised in 'God's' eyes.

For the others, I can assure you that God's Israel consists of only those who fear his name and tremble at his word. God's Israel consists of those who see beyond race, religion or culture and rise to the huge task of integrating all peoples into one body through Christ, i.e his body.

Jesus reserved his harshest words for the religious Jews of his era and so did Paul. Jesus was the one who said the "children of the kingdom will be cast into outer darkness" while the gentiles will be accepted into the kingdom.

God is not a partial God and cannot be on the side of those who bomb children and women into smithereens. Even if Israel is in the right , should we as believers support this massacre of up to 2000 people ?? Did Jesus not come to save people ?? Don't these people count in the bible of hardline Zionist brainwashed bible thumping fanatics ?

Oh lets see what God has to say about peace and those who will gain admittance into this kingdom ;

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God" - Matthew 5:9

"But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked." - Luke 6:35

" If it be possible, as much as lies in you, live peaceably with all men." - Romans 12:18

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." - Romans 12:21

The Zionists will then come up with the concocted trash of 2 covenants, one for the Jews and one for the Church, forgetting that we have one covenant through Abraham and which was fulfilled in Christ Jesus for ALL Mankind, not SOME mankind. They will also say that these beautiful scripture do not apply to the Jews ( hahaha ) only to the Gentiles , perhaps forgetting that God said he is not a respecter of persons.

Zionism is a godless, racist and wicked system that regards anyone who is against their madness as anti-semetic. It will be destroyed together with other murderous religious ideologies such as militant Islam.

1 Like

Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
frosbel:

Ola is certainly a slave to the Zionist state of Israel , supporting their cause and cheer leading them into the obliteration of more Arabs who by the way are less people than the Jews, not chosen and despised in 'God's' eyes.

For the others, I can assure you that God's Israel consists of only those who fear his name and tremble at his word. God's Israel consists of those who see beyond race, religion or culture and rise to the huge task of integrating all peoples into one body through Christ, i.e his body.

Jesus reserved his harshest words for the religious Jews of his era and so did Paul. Jesus was the one who said the "children of the kingdom will be cast into outer darkness" while the gentiles will be accepted into the kingdom.

God is not a partial God and cannot be on the side of those who bomb children and women into smithereens. Even if Israel is in the right , should we as believers support this massacre of up to 2000 people ?? Did Jesus not come to save people ?? Don't these people count in the bible of hardline Zionist brainwashed bible thumping fanatics ?

Oh lets see what God has to say about peace and those who will gain admittance into this kingdom ;

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God" - Matthew 5:9

"But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked." - Luke 6:35

" If it be possible, as much as lies in you, live peaceably with all men." - Romans 12:18

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." - Romans 12:21

The Zionists will then come up with the concocted trash of 2 covenants, one for the Jews and one for the Church, forgetting that we have one covenant through Abraham and which was fulfilled in Christ Jesus for ALL Mankind, not SOME mankind. They will also say that these beautiful scripture do not apply to the Jews ( hahaha ) only to the Gentiles , perhaps forgetting that God said he is not a respecter of persons.

Zionism is a godless, racist and wicked system that regards anyone who is against their madness as anti-semetic. It will be destroyed together with other murderous religious ideologies such as militant Islam.

Israel's super armour against Hamas. cheesy

Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
frosbel:

^^^^

Keep worshipping anti-Christ.

[img]http://socioecohistory.files./2011/06/star_of_david_satanic_hexagram.jpg[/img]

If you say the Jews are the anti christs what would you call the ISIS, Hamas, Boko Haram?

Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by Weah96: 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

If you say the Jews are the anti christs what would you call the ISIS, Hamas, Boko Haram?

There's no such thing as anti Christ. But this your infatuation with the Jewish people is bordering on manic.
I hate to say this, but most Jews are racist, the kind that hate Africans. Racist people who don't believe in your God. Get off the Jewish wood.
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:26pm On Aug 18, 2014
Weah96:

There's no such thing as anti Christ. But this your infatuation with the Jewish people is bordering on manic.
I hate to say this, but most Jews are racist, the kind that hate Africans. Racist people who don't believe in your God. Get off the Jewish wood.

Israel is the only democratic nation in the middle east where everyone is free to practice their ideology/religion. This cannot be said about their neighbours that surround them whom you both share the same anti christ and anti semitic hatred with.

Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by Weah96: 5:21am On Aug 19, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Israel is the only democratic nation in the middle east where everyone is free to practice their ideology/religion. This cannot be said about their neighbours that surround them whom you both share the same anti christ and anti semitic hatred with.

Do I want to see the Quran enforced as the constitution in Saudi Arabia? Or sit meekly as the Iranian government restricts traffic to certain websites? No.
Their actions actions are based on faith, same as yours. It doesn't matter if they decide to help, and not hurt people. We must first prove that Mohammed didn't speak to an angel. Your precious Hebrews were talking to God left and right. Who's to say that God didn't talk to this man too? If there is a God, and he tells you to kill, would you not kill? Of course you would, unless you doubt his divinity. I would feel compelled to murder for a God, that's why I'm glad that there aren't any.
Re: "What Is Israel's Role In The End Times?" by ihatebuhari(f): 11:05am On Jun 07, 2015
Islam islam islam

God why

(1) (2) (Reply)

As 2014 Winds Down How Many Of Apostle Suleman's Prophesies Has Come To Pass? / Why Are There No Churches In Saudi Arabia But There Are Mosques In Israel / Christ Paid The Price. I Refunded Him. Now I Sin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.