Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? (7657 Views)

Have U Ever Slept With A Guy Or A Girl U Met On The First Day? / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Who Have U Met On This Forum/section?., And Who Would U Love To Meet? (2) (3) (4)

Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Alert(f): 4:33pm On Dec 22, 2007
my friend is in a dilenma, she met a guy thru the internet and this guy is seriously asking for her hand in marriage, he calls her all the time and he is not in nigeria now but plans to come back to arrange their wedding.he has only seen her pix, what do u guys think, is he for real or just anoda naija scammer?

Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 22, 2007
A bit more background on both parties would make your question easier to answer.

Naija scammer? What does the guy stand to gain from marrying the girl, and what does she stand to lose from marrying the guy?
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by saucekid(m): 4:41pm On Dec 22, 2007
*good question siena*
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by ifyalways(f): 4:58pm On Dec 22, 2007
it might be love,it might be lust.
they should not rush into marriage without atleast getting to know theirselves better.sometimes we dont paint a true pix of ourselves online so meeting and having a sort of courtship is a good idea. undecided

and yes i can marry someone i met on the net. coolBUT not without meeting and courtship
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by jayvin01: 5:09pm On Dec 22, 2007
Topic!!

it doesnt really matter where you both met!! i CAN!!

ifyalways:

it might be love,it might be lust.
they should not rush into marriage without atleast getting to know theirselves better.sometimes we don't paint a true pix of ourselves online so meeting and having a sort of courtship is a good idea. undecided

and yes i can marry someone i met on the net. coolBUT not without meeting and courtship

wink wink wink cool cool cool
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 22, 2007
jayvin01:

Topic!!

it doesnt really matter when you both met!! i CAN!!

wink wink wink cool cool cool

**coughs** jay, really? tongue
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by saucekid(m): 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2007
@ jay. . . . . .
really grin grin grin
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by jayvin01: 5:15pm On Dec 22, 2007
saucekid:

@ jay. . . . . .
really grin grin grin
positive!! cool cool cool cool

toyinrayo:

**coughs** jay, really? tongue

positive!! cool cool cool

from my own point of view!! there is nothin wrong!! as long as i 'll still get to kno more 'bout her pedigree later on!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 22, 2007
@Jay
good luck on that o. hope you find her
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by saucekid(m): 5:23pm On Dec 22, 2007
*if you say so jay*
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by jayvin01: 5:27pm On Dec 22, 2007
saucekid:

*if you say so jay*

Its just a view!! i didnt say im lookin for one on Net!! im way to flashy for that tongue

toyinrayo:

@Jay
good luck on that o. hope you find her

* This message was succesfully re-directed to the poster as i never said i was lookin for one on *NET!!!* cool cool cool cool cool just gave my little niche wink wink
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 22, 2007
@jay
ok got your point. but wasn't saying you're looking for one. just wishing you luck, my dear, if you do find one
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by jayvin01: 5:35pm On Dec 22, 2007
toyinrayo:

@jay
ok got your point. but wasn't saying you're looking for one. just wishing you luck, my dear, if you do find one

thanks for the good luck!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy stretch ur hands and recieve my blessing, . tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by kojeiwa(m): 5:36pm On Dec 22, 2007
If one does not have any problem been in a long distance relationship, why not. To me, it doesnt really matter

where you meet the person. Just don't rush into marriage with somebody you met online. Spend lots of time with

that person. Date for at least two years. Internet has really expose a lot of people to meet people of their liking

that they wouldn't have had the opportunity to meet in person.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 22, 2007
kojeiwa:

If one does not have any problem been in a long distance relationship, why not. To me, it doesnt really matter

where you meet the person. Just don't rush into marriage with somebody you met online. Spend lots of time with

that person. Date for at least two years. Internet has really expose a lot of people to meet people of their liking

nicely said. . . smiley
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by jayvin01: 5:38pm On Dec 22, 2007
kojeiwa:

that person
. Date for at least two years. Internet has really expose a lot of people to meet people of their liking

cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by ndumart: 6:48pm On Dec 22, 2007
U can marry someone u meet on net but u ve got to get to know such person and u can start as friends, then gradually if there is that mutual feelings for eachother u can decide to date. one can never tell where one will meet his/her spouse.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by niceuzor: 6:55pm On Dec 22, 2007
*clear throat* & *Sneeze*,  this topic sef  undecided
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by odiaseo(m): 7:12pm On Dec 22, 2007
Humans are created as social beings hence the need for face to face meetings to establish a strong bond. The internet has made the world a global village making it possible to meet people worldwide. My advice to the person involved is that you do not take the relationship serious until you have physically met the other party.

Photographs can be manipulated, and how can you be sure you are actually communicating with the person in the photo. The person may be lame, blind, disfigured or even mental. Don't let your situation be a perfect script for a home movie. Sometimes just the fact that a person is abroad cause people to abandon common sense. People marry unsuspecting ladies and turn them into sex slaves when they get abroad or even rituals.

You need to evaluate the risk involved and then make up you mind. The person abroad may be genuine and have noble intentions but you need to be careful.

Here are 5 things worth considering when choosing your spouse
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by uspry1(f): 7:36pm On Dec 22, 2007
TOPIC: Can You Marry Someone You Met Thru The Internet?

Yes, you can marry someone from the internet you both met no matter where you both from by starting with a friendship FIRST, then later date each other face to face meetings (meet in public place in the crowd environment such as shopping mall, bookstore, coffee shop, social gatherings, as well as private at home using webcam/video conference, or internet phone) on the following insights you should feel the right soulmate in order to get married at below:

[list]
[li]Trust[/li]
[li]Spirituality[/li]
[li]4 Characters[/li]
[list]
[li]Humility[/li]
[li]Kindness[/li]
[li]Responsibility[/li]
[li]Happiness[/li]
[/list]

[li]Personal Hygiene[/li]
[li]Communication Skill[/li]
[li]Personal Habits[/li]
[li]Strong Connections[/li]
[list]
[li]Good Chemistry and Compatibility[/li]
[li]Shared Common Interest[/li]
[li]Shared Common Life Goal[/li]
[li]Deeper Emotional[/li]
[li]Sexual Compatibility[/li]
[/list]
[/list]

From my own experience, I prefer person from locally within 25 miles radius of my residence location area on the internet better than long distance in half way around. Now i am no longer interested in distance dating anymore.

Finally, actually it is 50% long distance relationship make work and the other 50% does not work well! Good luck!!
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by odiaseo(m): 7:44pm On Dec 22, 2007
quite a list ospry. I do agree with them except the last item though. I believe no sex before marriage and that there is nothing like sexual compatability.

However, you may be quite a task to find a person that processes all those characteristics before marriage. Some of them may be a must for the person to have had while others he or she may have potentials to develop. We are all work in progress so don't expect a perfect mate.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by kunle75(m): 7:46pm On Dec 22, 2007
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey na fire be that ooooooooooo if u try it now fire go burn ur hand,i think both of u are too much in a hurry,pls endure some times 2gether b4 anthing of such.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by uspry1(f): 8:03pm On Dec 22, 2007
odiaseo:

However, you may be quite a task to find a person that processes all those characteristics before marriage. Some of them may be a must for the person to have had while others he or she may have potentials to develop. We are all work in progress so don't expect a perfect mate.

@odiaseo, you mispelled my username.

@all
Don't expect to process all those characteristics before marriage, work out accepting few bad flaws like @odiaseo has said it all.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by sammyjl(f): 8:04pm On Dec 22, 2007
It depends if you actually got to like the person so my answer would be yes. Anything is possible.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by odiaseo(m): 8:06pm On Dec 22, 2007
apologies uspry1
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by adeboo(f): 9:16pm On Dec 22, 2007
But ur friend shuld think about the reason he is so desperate to marry her.
Maybe he is a social reject where he is at - or just mental.

Your friend should seriously think.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Spice4luv(f): 2:29am On Dec 24, 2007
I am presently married to the man I met on net, he is a U.S citizen and I am from Nigeria and he was the one that introduces me to this site cos he loves Africans and their culture. We dated for 3yrs knew much about ourselves and family and we got married in Nigeria when we saw that we truly love each other and we are happily living together as husband and wife.He is still the loving caring guy he has been when we were dating on-line. As there are gud guys on net, so are bad ones too. Just look before you leap. Merry Xmas

Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by niceuzor: 2:38am On Dec 24, 2007
Spice4luv - shocked shocked shocked shocked i can't believe this shocked
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by LolyPopy: 2:46am On Dec 24, 2007
The same had happened with my brother, cousin and best friend.
Yes, it is possible
Throught internet people have time to know each other better and face to face men used care about go to the "end" without care about knowing ourselves deeper
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Spice4luv(f): 4:54am On Dec 24, 2007
My dear niceuzor, you better believe it o
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by iice(f): 8:33am On Dec 24, 2007
@Topic i doubt i could
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by saucekid(m): 4:06pm On Dec 24, 2007
what more??

Would You Give Your B0yfriend/girlfriend Your Facebook Password? / Nonsense Things Naija Girls Do On A Date / The World Won't Get Better If Ladies Don't Stop This(photos)