Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released (21647 Views)

LASTMA Official, Army Cadet & Police In A Brawl In Lagos Today (Pics) / LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) / A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by norrisman: 7:38pm On Aug 14, 2012
This picture proves nothing! not for or against Yinka Johnson or LASTMA. It is very possible that she ran over the deceased after the picture was taken. if you knock someone to the ground with an SUV at slow speed and then run over them, there will be no dents on your vehicle.

Nigeria is really a banana republic if all it takes to acquit a suspect is a still photograph. The question that we should be asking is where was the woman arrested? Was it at the scene where this picture was taken or was it at the estate in Ikota. If she was arrested at the scene then it is obvious LASTMA made up an elaborate story. Why? I do not know.

If she was however arrested in her estate in Ikota, there is more to the story than meets the eye. Why would you leave the scene of an accident where a state employee was killed?
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by 5columnist: 7:41pm On Aug 14, 2012
chii8: strange though...bt i v noticed sth in 9ja of recent,pple video almost every damn tin on their way,both necessary and unnecessary ones.

Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by 5columnist: 7:31pm
Latsma's photographic evidence played against them this time around. During the investigation, Police requested for lastma's standard way of proofing an offence has been comitted to be brought forward. This evidences come in form of photgraphic or video evidence. So for all those who do not know and has found succour in their ignorance as to @who took the pictures@, here is your answer. Ode!
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by gsmgold: 7:47pm On Aug 14, 2012
k00lxpert: lucky you yinka...go & drive on one way no more...God & Nigerians hav saved u
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by Guk: 7:47pm On Aug 14, 2012
Very apt photo of the car with its license plate well displayed but where are other cars? That road is busy 24/7
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 14, 2012
na wah for Nigerian newspapers....hmmmm....
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by werepeLeri: 7:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
This is a lesson to all suckers who drive against traffic - maybe if she obeyed the traffic and driving rules, maybe this man would be alive today.

Sad. People in uniform are also human and they have families who will grieve for them.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by doctokwus: 8:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
amodaade: If there was indeed a driver, where was he when the picture was taken. Also, i find it intriguing that there were no onlookers, passersby and other vehicles in the background. Just the car and the lastman. Food for thought.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by lanrefront1(m): 8:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
norrisman: This picture proves nothing! not for or against Yinka Johnson or LASTMA. It is very possible that she ran over the deceased after the picture was taken. if you knock someone to the ground with an SUV at slow speed and then run over them, there will be no dents on your vehicle.

Nigeria is really a banana republic if all it takes to acquit a suspect is a still photograph. The question that we should be asking is where was the woman arrested? Was it at the scene where this picture was taken or was it at the estate in Ikota. If she was arrested at the scene then it is obvious LASTMA made up an elaborate story. Why? I do not know.

If she was however arrested in her estate in Ikota, there is more to the story than meets the eye. Why would you leave the scene of an accident where a state employee was killed?

If I'm to understand you, after she had been arrested, she is out of the car and pictures of the car taken, she ran or entered back into her car, knocked him to the ground in trying swerve, then maybe reversed ( it seems that will be needed because taking most times doesn't have enough force to crush an able-body man to death;maybe old people) and then crushed him to death. Then she sped off to hide in Ikota estate.

You do realize we are talking about a sane banker, wife and nursing mother with her baby with her.

I have just one question: Are you for real?

3 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by Angel778(f): 8:15pm On Aug 14, 2012
Probably there is a cctv camera planted somewhere dat captured d picture and video. Thank God 4 the banker. I pray d LASMA R.I.P
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by aga1: 8:15pm On Aug 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Wait a sec. . .who took the pictures??!

I mean someone just happened to take a picture of the woman with the deceased moments before he became deceased??!

Hmmmmm, something ain't right.

Hey, cant u guys see from d snap dat she was pull over and was probably trying to settle the issue with the officer before the incident? I guess the incident happened when the officer must have cross over to the other lane and Yinka seeing an opportunity to get away, was doing so when the officer noticed her was trying to stop her without looking properly got knocked down. Anyway thank God for her life.....
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by member479760: 8:27pm On Aug 14, 2012
Acidosis: Thank God! ! ! !

I am so happy. . I wish I could have a word with her. .

. . .and the witness, God will bless you wherever you are for saving a soul from the satanic agents on the road.

Today you are happy, tomorrow your own relative will be kill in such circumstance, hope you will be happy too.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by JimmyBoy1: 8:35pm On Aug 14, 2012
The people that tried to frame her should be charged to court.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
As much as I want this woman to get of the hook if she is innocent but I'm sorry to say that this PICTURE PROVES NOTHING..
1. How are we sure that this is indeed her car...has anyone verified the plates on that car
2. How are we sure that that is the lastma official that got knocked over.
3. Assuming this is indeed the lastma official and the woman's car....this picture was taken before the accident....are there any supporting pictures to prove that it was actually a danfo driver that knocked him over.
4. The Op makes mention of a video...that would prove a lot if it is a good shot. Where is the video?
5. Why should we believe the Op?
6. Why should we believe the other lastma officials with only a verbal evidence?

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by SisiKill1: 9:25pm On Aug 14, 2012
aga1:

Hey, cant u guys see from d snap dat she was pull over and was probably trying to settle the issue with the officer before the incident? I guess the incident happened when the officer must have cross over to the other lane and Yinka seeing an opportunity to get away, was doing so when the officer noticed her was trying to stop her without looking properly got knocked down. Anyway thank God for her life.....

All these James Bond moves that you have laid out still doesn't answer the question of how, when and why the picture was taken.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by SisiKill1: 9:28pm On Aug 14, 2012
nakedall:

Today you are happy, tomorrow your own relative will be kill in such circumstance, hope you will be happy too.

That's not a nice thing to say!

Over what. . .Internet argument?? Come on!! angry angry

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by omoobanla(m): 9:34pm On Aug 14, 2012
O ma she oo, See everybody dey comment anyhow. So u pple now saying that those men and women on the street on that day the incident occur her blind and stupid for not able differentiate danfo driver and Suv vehicle driver.
I know somebody has been bribe ontop another man life.
It is the same country pple on nairaland are talking about that its better stay in nigeria than living in oversee just because he or she receiving 300.000 monthly now make nigeria a better place. But no rule of law, no light, no water, no medical care ,no security ,no road, no school and nothing is working except looting and stealing with their position.
The truth matter is that even dough I ll be paid 1m monthly, I ll not still come to nigeria to stall.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by teetee123: 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
Naija security details I dey hail oooo. Who took those pics and video. How come dem dey there at the right time. Big question
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by denitro(m): 10:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
norrisman: This picture proves nothing! not for or against Yinka Johnson or LASTMA. It is very possible that she ran over the deceased after the picture was taken. if you knock someone to the ground with an SUV at slow speed and then run over them, there will be no dents on your vehicle.

Vomitous talk
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by queensmith: 10:10pm On Aug 14, 2012
This is all very fishy, no1 a man is dead, unless he randomly fell over from a heart attack somebody must have killed him? Who is that person?

The fact Bella Naija reported it is also dodgy, bella naija ? This all sounds like damage control.

Nigeria is that type of country- people get away with murder. but this photograph as evidence? all na wash, this is nonsense for all we know it isnt even the victim in the photo and the photo was taken this morning.

i hope the family of the victim continues to pursue justice and see the the right people are punished

3 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by emmatok(m): 10:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
12 inches!:
As much as I want this woman to get of the hook if she is innocent but I'm sorry to say that this PICTURE PROVES NOTHING..
1. How are we sure that this is indeed her car...has anyone verified the plates on that car
2. How are we sure that that is the lastma official that got knocked over.
3. Assuming this is indeed the lastma official and the woman's car....this picture was taken before the accident....are there any supporting pictures to prove that it was actually a danfo driver that knocked him over.
4. The Op makes mention of a video...that would prove a lot if it is a good shot. Where is the video?
5. Why should we believe the Op?
6. Why should we believe the other lastma officials with only a verbal evidence?

Bros, this is not about the OP,

Men form FCID PANTI went to the scene, got evidence for everybody around the area.
Do you know that even LASTMA'S evidence prove LASTMA the guys wrong?
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by wellmax(m): 10:53pm On Aug 14, 2012
Moral of the story: don't break traffic rules and kill someone unless you are a Banker, have a two months old baby, stay in high brow area and well connected.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by wellmax(m): 10:57pm On Aug 14, 2012
teetee123: Naija security details I dey hail oooo. Who took those pics and video. How come dem dey there at the right time. Big question

Abeg help me ask them. Lanre_back must have taken the pix. SMH
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by francescainnoce(f): 10:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by SisiKill1: 11:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
wellmax:

Abeg help me ask them. Lanre_back must have taken the pix. SMH

Lmao! I was about to ask if that was a famous photographer. . .then I saw what you did there. cheesy cheesy
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by wellmax(m): 11:06pm On Aug 14, 2012
lanre_front:

You do realize we are talking about a sane banker, wife and nursing mother with her baby with her.

I have just one question: Are you for real?

You see, this is the problem I have with your thinking pattern, so because she is a banker and a nursing mother, then she must innocent. You have a long way to go.
But, I'll let you display this drought of logical reason, cos the media only influences oppinions, judgement still rest with the courts.
That said, I sincerely hope Yinka will be able τ̅☺ prove her innocence, if she truly is. Lessons have been learnt.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by uwemjack(m): 11:16pm On Aug 14, 2012
For those asking who took d pictures and why. I always take this kind of pictures at a distance if i witness d scene, just to catch d exchange of cash and expose d olè official. I wasnt at dis scene though
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by lanrefront1(m): 11:23pm On Aug 14, 2012
omooba-nla:
O ma she oo, See everybody dey comment anyhow. So u pple now saying that those men and women on the street on that day the incident occur her blind and stupid for not able differentiate danfo driver and Suv vehicle driver.
I know somebody has been bribe ontop another man life.
It is the same country pple on nairaland are talking about that its better stay in nigeria than living in oversee just because he or she receiving 300.000 monthly now make nigeria a better place. But no rule of law, no light, no water, no medical care ,no security ,no road, no school and nothing is working except looting and stealing with their position.
The truth matter is that even dough I ll be paid 1m monthly, I ll not still come to nigeria to stall.

And right from your house, you confidently know all these? How?

Some guys are just so funny.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by Dee60: 11:23pm On Aug 14, 2012
There is danger in the land. SSS, LASTMA, Police LYING against innocent people....Benin saga is still there! Police claim its assasination, SSS called it robbery! and so on and so forth....does Nigeria still have a president
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by Fikzzy(m): 11:31pm On Aug 14, 2012
This story is looking like a script well documented & acted. This posted picture doesnt show if the banker ran over the lastma official or not. Does the lagos roads now have cctv cameras that pick up events in real time or where did the video show up from? Well, congrats Yinka if you were rightfully vindicated and stick to the traffic rules next time.
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by Fikzzy(m): 11:33pm On Aug 14, 2012
5columnist:

Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by 5columnist: 7:31pm
Latsma's photographic evidence played against them this time around. During the investigation, Police requested for lastma's standard way of proofing an offence has been comitted to be brought forward. This evidences come in form of photgraphic or video evidence. So for all those who do not know and has found succour in their ignorance as to @who took the pictures@, here is your answer. Ode!

Rubbish!!!
Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by lanrefront1(m): 11:33pm On Aug 14, 2012
wellmax:

You see, this is the problem I have with your thinking pattern, so because she is a banker and a nursing mother, then she must innocent. You have a long way to go.
But, I'll let you display this drought of logical reason, cos the media only influences oppinions, judgement still rest with the courts.
That said, I sincerely hope Yinka will be able τ̅☺ prove her innocence, if she truly is. Lessons have been learnt.

Very clever, but classic way of portraying someone's words out of context. Why remove just two sentences out my words? Why not quote my entire comment. The meaning of the last two sentences are derived from the entire comment.

Stop trying to be clever.

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released by mhsanni(f): 11:51pm On Aug 14, 2012
THIS DOESN'T ANSWER HOW THE PICTURES OR VIDEOS CAME ALONG....BUT IT SURE ANSWERS OTHER QUESTIONS....

Accordn to a friend of hers as i read on
http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/08/11/tragedy-in-lagos-banker-yinka-johnson-arrested-for-allegedly-driving-recklessly-killing-lastma-official-hammed-balogun-friends-family-dispute-story-appeal-to-eye-witnesses-to-come-forward/#comment-279822

yinkas friend August 11, 2012 at
10: 12 PM

first things first, reference is being
made to her infant for several
reasons , she had a csection barely 2
mnths back , she was anaemic thus
she didnt have the stamina , the
supposed reckless driver did ! that
said, thank God witnesses are
coming out to say what really
happened , infact a witness in the
danfo bus that crushed the lastma
official is willing to testify …she was
doing a one way( stupid idea) , she
was accosted , while there(in her
car ) a danfo bus runs into a lastma
official that was engaged in a scuffle
with some other guy, danfo speeds
off , guy dissapears into thin air ,
yinka is the only one left at the
scene! lastma officials carry their
wounded colleague( God rest him)
and attempt to put him into yinkas
car , and the bystanders and okada
ppl protest, saying if they do, or she
agrees to it , then she would be held
accountable so no! in all of that
drama she is confused and steps out
afraid that they (lastma ) would
attempt to mob the car( the engine
still running) then a man from
nowhere jumps into the car , as she
sees this she jumps into the
passenger seat, he says she shld seat
tight while he drives the car into
her estate …the lastma guys mobilise
and get back to the estate , physically
beat the guy who drove the car and
drove the car away ( without yinka in
it ) …yinka calls her husband , after
which she immediately thought to
report the incident to the nearest
police station , while she was yet
filing her case, she sees the officer
who drove her car away and she
called the attention of the filing
officer to it , they inturn turn the
tables on her saying she was a
wanted person …that was the
genesis of her journey to panti , her
baby was not with her at the point
of arrest, the infant had to be
brought over to panti to suckle (but
that is beside the point) …has
nothing to do with “ aiding her
innocence ”it is unfortunate what
has happened , and a really messy
situation…. .it is all the more
sickening that lastma would want to
make a scapegoat out of an innocent
woman…. guilty for violating a
traffic offence, YES! but absolutely
innocent of murder charges...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Carted Away 2017 Budget Documents, Goje Tells Senate / Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price / Kaduna: Gunmen Steal NECO Exam Papers At GSS Unguwar Sarki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.