Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,371 members, 7,829,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! (18952 Views)

Nairaland Did Not Do Well. They Rejected My Advert / What Nairaland Did To Me / How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by tpia5: 1:54pm On Aug 15, 2012
This is a forum for information dissemination and not storage

which type of information is being disseminated?

answers needed plz!
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by tpia5: 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
@ topic

the day i click on a purported email from nl, is the day i know i need to find something to do.

and was it r231 hiding my other post, or the other fellow.

rotten palm kernel and rotten mortar?
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by tpia5: 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2012
@ seun

if you must copy fashola, do it right. undecided
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by denzel2009: 1:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
tpia@:

which type of information is being disseminated?

answers needed plz!

tpia baby, Can I impregnate your gsm with my phone number?
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by kandiikane(m): 1:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
Again, .
tpia@:
@ seun

if you must copy fashola, do it right. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by r231(m): 2:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
tpia@:
@ topic

the day i click on a purported email from nl, is the day i know i need to find something to do.

and was it r231 hiding my other post, or the other fellow.

rotten palm kernel and rotten mortar?

what are you talking about pls undecided
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Joeblis(m): 2:12pm On Aug 15, 2012
I reserve my comment....i got the mail to, and am still thinking how come.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by fittty(m): 2:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
Seun: Your email address is never exposed on NL2. Moderators and super-moderators can't get your email address.

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU ON THIS ONE!!!
JEEZ!!!! SEUN, If you choose to argue any further on this. I Swear I'll publicly show all nairalanders that you are not to be 100% trusted and that you are not a man of your own words... What do u mean by your moderators do not know emails and cannot display it here on this forum. Pls I don't want to ruin your website/business..

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by kandiikane(m): 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
Lol!

Smh.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by r231(m): 2:22pm On Aug 15, 2012
fittty:

I DISAGREE WITH YOU ON THIS ONE!!!

undecided undecided
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by DonaldGenes(m): 2:29pm On Aug 15, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
oMG!! Seun are you serious?!

I already sent $3000 to my Liberty account. Will NL refund my money? Seun, how do I get my money back from you?
guy na dye be that 4 you oooooo
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by MrWhy1(m): 2:45pm On Aug 15, 2012
fittty:

JEEZ!!!! SEUN, If you choose to argue any further on this. I Swear I'll publicly show all nairalanders that you are not to be 100% trusted and that you are not a man of your own words... What do u mean by your moderators do not know emails and cannot display it here on this forum. Pls I don't want to ruin your website/business..

I like your stomach.

@Seun

Include the Deactivation button or you will force me to call my lawyers.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onatisi(m): 2:51pm On Aug 15, 2012
Mr--Why:

They are already auctioning it by running the site down. It is just a matter of time.
everytime u bring a suggestion out for seun this mods hide it .but from the look of things i dont think seun himself has time for nairaland anymore so that gives all these modes the laxity to do as they like,because if really seun has been following this site he would have noticed that ppl have been complaining bitterly to the extent of wanting to delete their account.i guess too much money now dey for seun and mybe he has other viable and better business,but my advise to seun is this ppl are watching and learning from ur mistakes ,in biz there is a law never leave enough room to accomodate a competitor cos they will get bigger and most likely push u out

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by hicare(m): 2:54pm On Aug 15, 2012
etchel: My issue here is why cant nairaland have an email system so we could communicate with 1 anoda freely with no error random prob.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onatisi(m): 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2012
nairaland.com/993846/ok-seun-how-close-nairaland

when we raised this issued some weeks back we were called all sort of names by the moderator and i told them put it t the front page let everyone decide,how can u build a house with n entrnce but no exit door,we were thoroughly abused and called illitrates that we dont know how to use the internet.i told the mods that on this site with over 900000 members ,there re ll sorts of ppl rnging from security gents ,spies ,diplomats,armed robbers nd even boko haram members that they should allo ppl to close their ccount or stay if they wanted to. thank God now ppls email ddress have been stolen now seun need to explain who got the address nd how they got it. ppl can go to the thread ,hopefully if the mods dont delete before u get there

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Decryptor(m): 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2012
Seun will never add the deactivate account button because he "gets kicks" from seeing the number of registered NL users soar upward. He's currently waiting for when it will hit 1,000,000 members. Introducing the deactivation button will reverse that trend/ambition.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by MrWhy1(m): 3:13pm On Aug 15, 2012
onatisi:
everytime u bring a suggestion out for seun this mods hide it .but from the look of things i dont think seun himself has time for nairaland anymore so that gives all these modes the laxity to do as they like,because if really seun has been following this site he would have noticed that ppl have been complaining bitterly to the extent of wanting to delete their account.i guess too much money now dey for seun and mybe he has other viable and better business,but my advise to seun is this ppl are watching and learning from ur mistakes ,in biz there is a law never leave enough room to accomodate a competitor cos they will get bigger and most likely push u out

You make sense. Seun may have good intentions but his silence on important issues and keeping his forumers at arms length breeds cynicism.

The Mods think they can do what they like. They see themselves as minigods that can hide important posts, threads and put useless, uneducative and baseless foreign threads that does not positively effect the life of ordinary Nigerians and also use their position to carry out personal vendetta.

I no longer respect for Nairaland. It is full of fake and bashing threads.

For God sake, nairaland is just 7years old. Anyways, he can run down Nairaland. That is his business because people are turning to blogs for information and discussions. Maybe he understands this, that is why Nairaland has gone to the dogs( MODs).

My request is include the Deactivation button. Its not by force to hold one's profile hostage. Respect the right and privacy of users or else the word of mouth travels like wind.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onatisi(m): 3:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
the way and manner topics reach the front pages is highly embarrasing ,it is only on nl u have topics like "why are u single"dbanj posing with a cheetha"do you smile at work"and before i forget "wizkid and banky w running".na wah oooo

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onatisi(m): 3:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
even right now they have posted another dumb topic on the front page and guess what the topic is ?"wizkid in a barber shop having an haircut".is wizkid related to seun or what?cos i dont understand all this pix pix of izkid drinking,eating or running shit

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by MrWhy1(m): 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
There is another problem.

Over the past week, to log in sometimes becomes a problem. It happens frequently on the phone browser and not frequently on Mozilla.

What is happening ?
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by kandiikane(m): 3:31pm On Aug 15, 2012
E buuka maalu e juwo kono.
onatisi: even right now they have posted another dumb topic on the front page and guess what the topic is ?"wizkid in a barber shop having an haircut".is wizkid related to seun or what?cos i dont understand all this pix pix of izkid drinking,eating or running shit
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
And once again, Seun the Ghadaffi of nairaland has hidden my post. Why did he do that? Or isn't this site for freedom of speech? This goes to show he is no different from those who oppress Nigerians.

Well, Seun you and I know the truth. Those mails were sent by your nairaland spambots and you are trying to hide you incompetence.

I still dey laff you cheesy
Useless site called nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 15, 2012
fittty:

Abeg expose the f0cking baga jor
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by r231(m): 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2012
Guys

Can we please stick to the topic.......

if i start hiding discussions that is irrelevant to the topic now, you guys will start crying blue murder again undecided

if you have anything to say to seun about your nairaland acct, pls open a thread about it or send him an email

@fitty

stop spreading what you don't know......for the last time, we dont have access to members email add/password
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Odunnu: 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2012
fittty:

Moderators do not have access to your email address until/unless you contact them. Thats how you also get mine- only if I contact you!
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
r231: Guys

Can we please stick to the topic.......

if i start hiding discussions that is irrelevant to the topic now, you guys will start crying blue murder again undecided

if you have anything to say to seun about your nairaland acct, pls open a thread about it or send him an email

@fitty

stop spreading what you don't know......for the last time, we dont have access to members email add/password

Ok so it was you who hid my post? And the above tripe is your reason? You are as dumb as your employer Seun. So my post was derailing right? You need to go back to school cos it seems this nairaland is doing no good to your head.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dear Seun,

1. Why were we not told upon signing up about the opt in but no opt out policy of Nairaland?
2. What is the challenge with having a deactivation button for user profiles?
3. Why is it impossible to totally delete ones contribution to a thread and yet Mods can do the exact same thing (hiding a post)?
4. Why do we keep being asked the reason why we want to deactivate?
5. Who has rights over the contents posted on Nairaland? Is it NL, the poster or both?
6. Is it impossible to deactivate accounts on NL? If yes, why?
7. PLEASE READ ME MY RIGHTS.

Summary: I understand the work around people suggest, and the rationale behind them. However you have to admit that people want to have control over their lives. You can't force someone not to commit suicide. People just want to know that option is there to vanish, if they are taking too much heat. I did not tick any contract while opening this account, so I should have reasonable control over my entries.

P.S
r231, just as you have the ability to hide posts, I'd like to be able to hide my own posts. Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by fittty(m): 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2012
Odunnu:
Moderators do not have access to your email address until/unless you contact them. Thats how you also get mine- only if I contact you!

YOU ARE WRONG!!! I don't have the intention of ruinning SEUN'S buisness and i'm trying as much as possible to expose nothing. All we ask for is fairness and listen to what members have to say. Without them the website wouldn't run.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
Odunnu:

I guess Seun summoned you all to come to his defense right? Some of you mods must think we are stupid when it is obvious those mails came from nairaland servers. Afterall, how were those mail addresses accessed?

Seun should take responsibility and stop giving excuses. Afterall giaant corporations like Sony sometimes have their servers go kaput sometimes.

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by r231(m): 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
pDude:

Ok so it was you who hid my post? And the above tripe is your reason? You are as dumb as your employer Seun. So my post was derailing right? You need to go back to school cos it seems this nairaland is doing no good to your head.

i am not the one that hid your post

if you dont mind, watch the way you speak to me pls
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by kandiikane(m): 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
pDude:

I guess Seun summoned you all to come to his defense right? Some of you mods must think we are stupid when it is obvious those mails came from nairaland servers. Afterall, how were those mail addresses accessed?

Seun should take responsibility and stop giving excuses. Afterall giaant corporations like Sony sometimes have their servers go kaput sometimes.

Nonsense.

Are you alright?

How are those mails accessed? Have you heard of private messaging on nairaland?
Someone can private message you FROM nairaland and will not see your address.

It will just say (from nairaland).

The only time they will get your address is if you reply them from your email address.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Heroes On Nairaland / Tipper Crushes Boy Dead In Anambra (Graphic Photos) / Glo New Yakata Plan: All You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.