Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! (18951 Views)

Nairaland Did Not Do Well. They Rejected My Advert / What Nairaland Did To Me / How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onatisi(m): 4:33pm On Aug 15, 2012
Odunnu:
Moderators do not have access to your email address until/unless you contact them. Thats how you also get mine- only if I contact you!

how i wish u and justwise have the guts to tell everyone now that they are talking trash as u and justwise told me the other day
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
Moodie: Dear Seun,

1. Why were we not told upon signing up about the opt in but no opt out policy of Nairaland?
2. What is the challenge with having a deactivation button for user profiles?
3. Why is it impossible to totally delete ones contribution to a thread and yet Mods can do the exact same thing (hiding a post)?
4. Why do we keep being asked the reason why we want to deactivate?
5. Who has rights over the contents posted on Nairaland? Is it NL, the poster or both?
6. Is it impossible to deactivate accounts on NL? If yes, why?
7. PLEASE READ ME MY RIGHTS.

Summary: I understand the work around people suggest, and the rationale behind them. However you have to admit that people want to have control over their lives. You can't force someone not to commit suicide. People just want to know that option is there to vanish, if they are taking too much heat. I did not tick any contract while opening this account, so I should have reasonable control over my entries.

P.S
r231, just as you have the ability to hide posts, I'd like to be able to hide my own posts. Thanks.

Nice write up.

Seun we need answers ! Show us that you are a person of integrity, respect ethics, human rights and the FREEDOM to CHOOSE !
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 15, 2012
@r231- while Seun and his techies are trying hard to fix the ever-present bugs in his site, I wanna ask you a few questions and it will do you well to answer it because to some of us, our email addresses are meant to be private and we feel our privacy has just been violated by nairaland. The disclaimer Seun gave at the start of this thread is an obvious excuse. We are not stupid.

My questions: Why is it that it was the email addresses we used to sign into nairaland that received this spam mails?

Also why is it that it was mainly nairaland users that received these messages?

Where was our email addresses accessed from? Afterall, our emails are meant to be hidden inside the nairaland database and not made public.

Please your speedy reply would be needed. Reply with the same speed in which you use to hide our posts and ban us.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onatisi(m): 4:36pm On Aug 15, 2012
Olodostein:

Nice write up.

Seun we need answers ! Show us that you are a person of integrity, respect ethics, human rights and the FREEDOM to CHOOSE !

seun will never answer u he will keep silent ,simply telling you "I DONT GIVE A DAMM"

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onatisi(m): 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2012
Olodostein:

Nice write up.

seun will never answer u he will keep silent ,nice way of saying "I DONT GIVE A DAMM"
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 15, 2012
kandiikane:

Are you alright?

How are those mails accessed? Have you heard of private messaging on nairaland?
Someone can private message you FROM nairaland and will not see your address.

It will just say (from nairaland).

The only time they will get your address is if you reply them from your email address.

Keep quiet please. I wasn't talking to you. Or are you Odunnu's mouthpiece?
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2012
kandiikane:

Are you alright?

How are those mails accessed? Have you heard of private messaging on nairaland?
Someone can private message you FROM nairaland and will not see your address.

It will just say (from nairaland).

The only time they will get your address is if you reply them from your email address.

If you don't know how the IT world works, keep quite and Learn.

Or are you simply an ass licker looking for a cheap slot ?
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onatisi(m): 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2012
pDude:

odunu too is a snake under green grass she raise her head to strike but when the bullets and arrows starts coming she hides behind the other mods keeping her head low waiting for a safe time to strike again
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by r231(m): 4:41pm On Aug 15, 2012
I get the same spam email everyday so as a lot of people here

even seun himself gets the same mail

as far as i know, moderators dont have access to you guys email address or password

we all send mails the same way.......go to profile and click send email
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 15, 2012
My post was hidden?? So its that easy to hide a post and yet you allow us rant and rave unnecessarily. Kindly let me save you the trouble, provide me the hide button and i'll gladly hide all my contributions myself. Then we'll move on to deactivation. See how you guys are beginning to piss me off, after being civil for so long.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 15, 2012
onatisi:
odunu too is a snake under green grass she raise her head to strike but when the bullets and arrows starts coming she hides behind the other mods keeping her head low waiting for a safe time to strike again

Yeah I know that. She's very subtle, but nevertheless she's one of them. Very sleek she is.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by r231(m): 4:46pm On Aug 15, 2012
Moodie: My post was hidden?? So its that easy to hide a post and yet you allow us rant and rave unnecessarily. Kindly let me save you the trouble, provide me the hide button and i'll gladly hide all my contributions myself. Then we'll move on to deactivation. See how you guys are beginning to piss me off, after being civil for so long.

I told you to either open a thread or email seun because that doesn't have nothing to do with this thread

now to hide your stuff, just go to your profile, modify all your post
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 15, 2012
r231: I get the same spam email everyday so as a lot of people here

even seun himself gets the same mail

as far as i know, moderators dont have access to you guys email address or password

we all send mails the same way.......go to profile and click send email

So that is your answer? So because Seun gets the same spam mails everyday, therefore it isn't any big deal if we get them too. what kind of "Nigerian way of doing business" talk is this? Dude, are you educated at all?

Please swallow your nonchalant comments above and reply appropriately cos our privacies have obviously been violated by nairaland. It seems your servers have been compromised. If so, please we need the truth.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2012
pDude: @r231- while Seun and his techies are trying hard to fix the ever-present bugs in his site, I wanna ask you a few questions and it will do you well to answer it because to some of us, our email addresses are meant to be private and we feel our privacy has just been violated by nairaland. The disclaimer Seun gave at the start of this thread is an obvious excuse. We are not stupid.

My questions: Why is it that it was the email addresses we used to sign into nairaland that received this spam mails?

Also why is it that it was mainly nairaland users that received these messages?

Where was our email addresses accessed from? Afterall, our emails are meant to be hidden inside the nairaland database and not made public.

Please your speedy reply would be needed. Reply with the same speed in which you use to hide our posts and ban us.

You are asking good technical questions!!

Its either the Server has been compromised or there is a dead rat in the kitchen !!
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 15, 2012
Olodostein:

Its either the Server has been compromised or there is a dead rat in the kitchen !!

I tell ya. These guys are hiding something from us.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2012
pDude:

I tell ya. These guys are hiding something from us.

Why is it so hard to come out and just say it and apologize like Yahoo! did ?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
Olodostein:

Why is it so hard to come out and just say it and apologize like Yahoo! did ?

I am wondering ooo! A simple apology will suffice. But Seun's pride would never let him do that. Yahoo! Did that, Sony did the same. But Nairaland will remain in denial. Welcome to doing business in Nigeria: anything goes.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by kandiikane(m): 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2012
pDude:

Yes, I am her mouthpiece.

Stop acting like a slowpoke.

The email process has been explained to you, just move.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by kandiikane(m): 5:05pm On Aug 15, 2012
Olodostein:

If you don't know how the IT world works, keep quite and Learn.

Or are you simply an ass licker looking for a cheap slot ?

Go find better things to do instead of sitting here making up conspiracy theories.

Jobless people.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by mrsacidtalk: 5:05pm On Aug 15, 2012
My Dear Husband (acidtalk) suggested something to make nairaland a better place and his post wasn't only hidden, he was aslso banned.

Nairalanders take a look at the link below and air your honest opinion if such treatement needed to be placed on my dear husband?

https://www.nairaland.com/1019176/nairaland-members-ask-immediate-election

It is now OBVIOUS Seun is 100% aware of the ill manners of his moderators and totally support them.

What was wrong in suggesting we vote for our own moderators and other issue in that link?

My dear country people make una be the judge ontop this important matter wey affect all of us.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
kandiikane:

Yes, I am her mouthpiece.

Stop acting like an slowpoke.

The email process has been explained to you, just move.

Like I said, keep quiet. I as a nairaland user, know my rights. I demand answers from the proper sources and not from you. If I need any answers from you, I will consult you. Stop behaving like a tout and pay mind to your affairs.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2012
kandiikane:

Go find better things to do instead of sitting here making up conspiracy theories.

Jobless people.

Come work for me in the real world "sweerry".....
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by kandiikane(m): 5:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
Go find a job or go make your own forum where you let users make decisions for you.

Rubbish.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onatisi(m): 5:17pm On Aug 15, 2012
Olodostein:

both .the dead spoiled the soup in the kitchen
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
pDude:

I am wondering ooo! A simple apology will suffice. But Seun's pride would never let him do that. Yahoo! Did that, Sony did the same. But Nairaland will remain in denial. Welcome to doing business in Nigeria: anything goes.

Maybe they are drafting an apology letter on how things went wrong. Let us wait and see.

And if this mentality of Nigerian way of doing business continues, then it would take another century to have a naija IT biz on a reputable stock exchange like china's baidu, estonia Skype and hosts of others.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by r231(m): 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2012
Guys

For the last time can we stick to the topic.....

if you have any question for seun, kindly open a thread or send him an email

thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Heroes On Nairaland / Tipper Crushes Boy Dead In Anambra (Graphic Photos) / Glo New Yakata Plan: All You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.