Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? (19018 Views)

Has Dangote Conducted GETS Interview This Year? / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Nnpc Start Calling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by searchcorp(m): 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2012
All i know is that graduate truck drivers will bring sanity to truck driving in d Nigerian roads and also reduce the occurrence of automobile crashes and/or accidents on the road.

On the other hand, if u have a biz idea in mind, u can save up some of ur salary and resign later. Abi, shey na by force to be
driver forever.

If dangote will pay me 500k monthly... Omo I will drive o
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by tpapi: 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2012
Ndata: I heard that starting salary for this job is N150,000 per month.Can anyone confirm this?
dont u know d risk involved in drivin petrol tanker
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by DANILSA(m): 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2012
Am encouraging everyone who applied to go head and do the job, what matters is how much ur been paid as salary,some Bankers earn 60,000 while ABC haulage driver earns far more than that, so who is under employed? U can make money there to stat a small scale business or get another Job from there. Anybody opposing this, is either from a rich background, eating mama thank U, has connection or has not experience life.

2 Likes

Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 18, 2012
Good luck guys. I fully endorse this scheme.

I have written on it and spoken with Dangote top management on it. I have a special invitation by Dangote HR for briefing on how they want to run the scheme, after they saw saw my endorsement.

I believe this is better than these guys being at home without any jobs.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 18, 2012
goodluck to all who ar graduates that hav applied! One thing i knw abt truck driving is that they are paid between 25-30k on each trip they make so if its all about d money i knw u can gather as much as u can and invest it in a biz more profitable. Dream big, starting small is nt bad sha Best of lucks
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by Navalsadiq(m): 5:53pm On Aug 18, 2012
Dangote well done.they hav told u to take graduates as drivers right.as for the newly employed drivers thumbs up.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by abdulman08(m): 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2012
Fron a reliable source the take home salary is 250k,there's medicals,pension,incentives n gratuity..
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by greatgod2012(f): 5:58pm On Aug 18, 2012
goodluck to all d applicants, it would be a stepping stone to a greater height in Jesus name
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by 9free(m): 6:18pm On Aug 18, 2012
abdulman08: Fron a reliable source the take home salary is 250k,there's medicals,pension,incentives n gratuity..
Much more than entry level bankers salary.......
Oga Dangote, God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by crackhouse(m): 6:30pm On Aug 18, 2012
freecocoa: You dey mind am?

Its his type that lazy about waiting for "God" to throw down bags of money from heaven for them,people with a mentality like his end up paupers for life,someone is trying to make use of a good opportunity that may take him places and the crackhead is spewing trash.angry
i wasn't refering to u my dear. I was refering to the particular person that i replied his post initially. My dear i know u are blind but u have to take easy, o.k?. Thanks
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by apache77(m): 6:50pm On Aug 18, 2012
Lpls dnt mind d hediotts tellin u its such a bad idea to apply for the dangote trainee driver scheme.infacxt if u ask me,dat is d fastest way to cum from d bak door to work wit d dangote group as a permanet staff.once they r doin recruitment,and u r driver with a mechanical engineering degree, nand they r callin for graduate nigerian engineers to apply,u think they wil turn u down if u appply if u r qualified though u r workin as a driver? Dos drivers will always hav d right of first refusal.aliko dangote is smart.he isn't a billionaire by mistake.if u can drop down to b his truck driver,he knows u hav d maturity to b a future production. Manager at Obajana cement or financial controller at Numan sugar.

D mentality here demonstrates why so many r so poor and so few r billionaires
a

3 Likes

Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by freecocoa(f): 6:52pm On Aug 18, 2012
crackhouse: i wasn't refering to u my dear. I was refering to the particular person that i replied his post initially. My dear i know u are blind but u have to take easy, o.k?. Thanks
Honestly you are daft,do you have to refer to me before i say mind on here? isn't it clear from our posts who the blind one is?you better have doctors remove that your dumb brain and feed it to the dogs,it would have served a better purpose than just lying in your head unused,yeye fowl.angry

1 Like

Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 18, 2012
riches5k: Is a shame to naija .so graduate training apply for truck driver,my advise to all of u that av applied go back to ur village and farm.what a shame with all the yrs u spent in sch,ended up being a truck driver

I would rather you come for deliverance to change your mentality. A truck driver today could be a CEO tomorrow with vision and focus. Tanx.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by chosen04(f): 7:04pm On Aug 18, 2012
There is no month that at least an average of 12 Dangote truck drivers dont die from accident........Do you think those deaths are NOT fetching someone mistery money?. . . .

Now it seems the money being fetched from those Aboki and the so called non-educated drivers' death is not big enough again.......

Thus, the desire to seek greater mistery money from blood of graduates.....

I will rather be jobless than apply for this job if that is only job in the world.....

How much was GEJ estimate of graduates worth again? (I mean the amount he paid the family of the graduates that were killed in post election violence). N5million abi?

Dangote will just double the money when his graduate truck drivers starts "quiping" the heavenly calls.......
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by mkoabiola: 7:05pm On Aug 18, 2012
Some ppu drink. While som smoke ganja b4 typing
Dere is no harm for u to apply as a driver,
Ise ni ise n je,eni ba ja ole lo ba omo je. Meaning work work na work na only armrobber mak 1 irresponsible.
Don't dscourage ppu.I nva applied bt I will not dscouarage dos dat applied.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by flexdee(m): 7:07pm On Aug 18, 2012
I wish u all that applied for the job the very best in life.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by diesel86: 7:07pm On Aug 18, 2012
@ Apache77 well spoken my friend, truth is that if we don't start looking at life from the realistic angle then we are not getting anywhere, i personally would av applied but it was just that i am fortunate to av some buisnesses that i oversee personally.
So to all my graduate friends that applied i wish u the very best of luck and better opprtunities ahead.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by santakris(m): 7:12pm On Aug 18, 2012
The poster wants to know if anyone has access to the email sent by the employer. Why u are guys diverting attentn. Let people with constructive/helping ideas post jor. Its not copulsory to comment abeg.

1 Like

Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by christemmbassey(m): 7:15pm On Aug 18, 2012
Am praying while expecting my own invitation. U vex? Go n hug snake, onioks de cambridge!

1 Like

Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by uceee(m): 7:15pm On Aug 18, 2012
chosen04: There is no month that at least an average of 12 Dangote truck drivers dont die from accident........Do you think those deaths are NOT fetching someone mistery money?. . . .

Now it seems the money being fetched from those Aboki and the so called non-educated drivers' death is not big enough again.......

Thus, the desire to seek greater mistery money from blood of graduates.....

I will rather be jobless than apply for this job if that is only job in the world.....

How much was GEJ estimate of graduates worth again? (I mean the amount he paid the family of the graduates that were killed in post election violence). N5million abi?

Dangote will just double the money when his graduate truck drivers starts "quiping" the heavenly calls.......
Oh my God, how come I am from the same country as such a foo.l?

4 Likes

Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by LeJeun3: 7:16pm On Aug 18, 2012
FYI, this is the first time any company is offering to train drivers to world standard.

If your idea of a Truck Driver is d dirty hausa, yoruba or igbo man, all sweaty and haggard looking, please think again! Check other countries and see where truckers are placed.

Apart from the salary, its has its plus sides, i always say it,
YOU ARE THE KING OF THE ROAD!
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by akbahbah(m): 7:29pm On Aug 18, 2012
buh na wa for this country o. graduate for driver undecided
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by tpapi: 7:52pm On Aug 18, 2012
mko abiola: Some ppu drink. While som smoke ganja b4 typing
Dere is no harm for u to apply as a driver,
Ise ni ise n je,eni ba ja ole lo ba omo je. Meaning work work na work na only armrobber mak 1 irresponsible.
Don't dscourage ppu.I nva applied bt I will not dscouarage dos dat applied.
sharp guy
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 18, 2012
There is nothing wrong about being a driver. Many billionaires have testified being cab drivers in USA before getting their break through. A journey into billionaires boys club can start anywhere, its a means to an end, but not an end.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by somebody(f): 8:01pm On Aug 18, 2012
There is something seriously wrong with Dangote having a graduate scheme for drivers. However, I think it's a good idea for people to use the job as a stepping stone - - although it's hard to see how skills acquired as a truck driver are transferable to other jobs. In any case, this again highlights the huge problem Nigeria has with regards to unemployment.

1 Like

Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by ironben(m): 8:02pm On Aug 18, 2012
crackhouse: my dear u are too blessed to be a driver. Don't allow the devil to deceive u, cos that's not God's plan for u, and stop rejoicing over it, o.k. U may not understand me.
what is wrong with you?? A guy is actually working towards earning a decent living and you are here garbling trash! Na until wen he carry gun go for block yu for express naim devil no dey decieve am smh angry
crackhouse: my dear u are too blessed to be a driver. Don't allow the devil to deceive u, cos that's not God's plan for u, and stop rejoicing over it, o.k. U may not understand me.
what is wrong with you?? A guy is actually working towards earning a decent living and you are here garbling trash! Na until wen he carry gun go for block yu for express naim devil no dey decieve am smh
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 18, 2012
somebody: There is something seriously wrong with Dangote having a graduate scheme for drivers. However, I think it's a good idea for people to use the job as a stepping stone - - although it's hard to see how skills acquired as a truck driver are transferable to other jobs. In any case, this again highlights the huge problem Nigeria has with regards to unemployment.
But money earned from truck driving can be utilized for major business investments. Use your brains honey.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by homerac7: 8:14pm On Aug 18, 2012
[center]Lesson Learnt[/center]

[center]Its wrong to be a graduate truck driver at home in Nigeria, but very okay to be a post graduate degree holding taxi driver, mortuary attendant, cleaner, bouncer, bell boy, sales boy, gate man, or bar attendant in oyinbo land.[/center]

Noted. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by Saintsquare(m): 8:14pm On Aug 18, 2012
Good luck to all the applicants,Its quite impressive of Dangote group for recruiting educated and well mannered drivers.Even graduates is some countries in Europe work as truck drivers though with better roads and well laid traffic rules,many out of the aboki and other drivers are illiterates and tend not to obey simple traffic laws after 2 shots of paraga and opa eyin.
TO THE EMPLOYED GRADUATES:I PRAY THAT ALMIGHTY GOD IN HIS INFINITE MERCY WILL GUIDE AND PROTECT YOUR TO AND FRO.AMEN
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by Haryoryhemie(f): 8:19pm On Aug 18, 2012
riches5k: Is a shame to naija .so graduate training apply for truck driver,my advise to all of u that av applied go back to ur village and farm.what a shame with all the yrs u spent in sch,ended up being a truck driver
abeg keep quite i belive it ur type dat look for quick riches by carrying cocaine. What is wrong with being a driver if u are well paid forget about graduate or not, mind u most company drivers are earning higher income than graduate secetary or administrative staff.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by Haryoryhemie(f): 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2012
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2012

You may be surprised dt a town service conductor earns more than you do.
Do u know how much their daily pay is?
I wish all the applicants success in the job training, this is just a stepping stone to your greatness. Whatever you find ur hand to do, do it well. Sum Mgrs in my office started as office attendants.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Can One Get A Government Job Without Connection? / Iniobong Umoren's Murder: Women March To Akwa Ibom Government House / Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.