Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? (19014 Views)

Has Dangote Conducted GETS Interview This Year? / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Nnpc Start Calling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by crackhouse(m): 7:31am On Aug 19, 2012
freecocoa: Honestly you are daft,do you have to refer to me before i say mind on here? isn't it clear from our posts who the blind one is?you better have doctors remove that your dumb brain and feed it to the dogs,it would have served a better purpose than just lying in your head unused,yeye fowl.angry
if u are a woman and behaving this way, then, there is every possibility that u are not gonna make a good wife in ur hubby's home. Take it easy girl. Geeeez!
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by Maxdiamond(m): 7:36am On Aug 19, 2012
In dis world,u can neva kw people's mind.i still remember wen dis dangote truck driver vacancy advert was post. Everyone here(99.9%) of nairalanders were busy insulting dangote dat y wld he empoly a graduate as truck driver.Now,the same 99.9% of those people dat insulted dangote then went 2 apply and they are here now in support of dangote using them as driver.WHAT A WORLD?

1 Like

Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by uche08(m): 7:58am On Aug 19, 2012
At the end, no body was able to provide answer to d question.

2 Likes

Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by jarkata(m): 8:15am On Aug 19, 2012
Guys all depends on individual diffrences and perspective,to my own cognizance there is no big deal being a truck driver.d most important thing is d pay and d confidence.lest i forget,a lot of bsc/HND graduates mechanical engineers were employed to do d job of apprentice,technician e.t.c,.we dismantle machines clading in a dirty velvet call overalls,just like road side mechanic.'watin concern indian man with BSC/HND' yet a lot of graduates under dis category still submit their cv's almost every day in dis our low paid company.d fact still remains dat,if dangote can pay me well i wouldn't mind d kind of job, be it truck driver,in respective of my status.as a mechanical engineer it is plus for me to put in my cv a truck driver with dangote.we've done a lot of more risk job with indian dat is more harder dan truck driving just to make both end meet.is not easy to survive in lagos with low income,a lot of responsibility besiege me,to mary na war,i'm looking fwd to receive dangote call jare.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by mkoabiola: 8:56am On Aug 19, 2012
Top Dog:

@ VXTR,ur welcome bro,a broda gotta have a name,symbolic or literal.

Kinda pissed off at the stupid arrogance and ego some of our half baked graduates flaunt on NL. For crying out loud,who would want to entrust a Truck worth over a Hundred Thousand Dollars to d average Naija graduates who has

been brainwashed and spoon fed out dated theories in dia dilapidated Mushroom"Universities".At 30,most of them can't even drive,they don't know a dime about road usage,traffic rules and etiquettes, yet all they dream about is white collar jobs and hitting the big bucks over night.

These guys have forgotten that Dangote is a private businessman running his business empire,with profit maximization as his objective. If he wishes to employ Phd holders as drivers,who cares? Its all about choice,either u accept or u take a long walk. I have consistently advocated that the curriculum of tertiary education in Naija needs to be drastically overhauled. These graduates need to be taught to think outside the box,to develop work skills that are in tune with modern realities of the work place. Enough of these archaic theories and mumbo jumbo that they are being fed with. No wonder we have a lot of educated "illiterates" littering our streets in search of the Utopian white collar dream job.

Finally,eyin guys,forget ur pride and ego,don't be perturbed by what people around u might say or think,go get that job,earn ur income,save some money and marry our sisters who are getting tired of waiting for ya to get a job and be responsible.
Once again, just my two pence.

My broda , u av spoken d gospel and bitter truth. I gained much frm d little u av written.
This is d 1st time I will respect and shower accolades to a comment on NL.
Thumbs up. Bt change ur user name worth mor dan gold.

1 Like

Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by victorD3: 9:00am On Aug 19, 2012
So why have trailer drivers in NL? This explains all the grammatical bombings we experience here and then. Oh well, I am sorry for NL when these guys resume their duties at the motor pack as cement drivers.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by MacLovington(m): 9:12am On Aug 19, 2012
crackhouse: if u are a woman and behaving this way, then, there is every possibility that u are not gonna make a good wife in ur hubby's home. Take it easy girl. Geeeez!

Abi o .

When they say Nigerian women are the most arrogant, they will say it's not true. Imagine young educated women talking like this. What about the uneducated?
Tufiakwa.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by omotola1(m): 10:00am On Aug 19, 2012
They have not contacted me yet o. I know thousands of people applied for this job, but i think they should have organized a small test/interview before shortlising people.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by Santino1(m): 10:21am On Aug 19, 2012
victorD3[b:
]So why have trailer drivers in NL?[/b] This explains all the grammatical bombings we experience here and then. Oh well, I am sorry for NL when these guys resume their duties at the motor pack as cement drivers.

You just blew some bombs too

6 Likes

Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by Saintsquare(m): 1:03pm On Aug 19, 2012
Santino1:

Thank God for bullet proof
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by grandstar(m): 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2012
mekzone: I believe the only required qualification to be a truck driver is basic reading and writing. Dangote's advert is a typical example of how his expatriate senior management has no regard for Nigerian earned degrees....it's an insult to our Universities. Limiting the position to graduates does no good for our economy....it is under-employment.

Its thinking outside the box. Illiterate and semi-literate drivers cost more in terms of damage done to the cars.

And whats wrong with graduates driving trailers. The pay is good. My only fear are highway robbers and the stress of the job. To me, it beats okada driving which many are graduates are venturing into.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by product: 2:27pm On Aug 19, 2012
Osario: Why are Nigerians so obsessed with paper qualifications? "Graduate Trainee Driver"' Graduate Trainee Banker", graduate trainee this, graduate trainee that. Why the madness? In any case, how trained are Nigerian graduates?  I feel the whole thing is an index of underdevelopment. Come to think of it, How many Nigerian-trained PhD holders have written any book that's up to 500 pages? Can, for example, Nigerian PhD holder-governors like Uduaghan and Babangida Aliu, write a scholarly essay that is world class in their field? 

Seconded ,

At least Nigerian graduate should be innovative ,with that thw country will be a bit free from unemployed graduate . Most of them never taught they could make a good life out of themselvs . We should carry out research on our own and stop letting the already made people make us a scrap Graduate.AFTER all GEJ never sound like PHD holder anyway.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by sleeky8(m): 2:32pm On Aug 19, 2012
chosen04: There is no month that at least an average of 12 Dangote truck drivers dont die from accident........Do you think those deaths are NOT fetching someone mistery money?. . . .

Now it seems the money being fetched from those Aboki and the so called non-educated drivers' death is not big enough again.......

Thus, the desire to seek greater mistery money from blood of graduates.....

I will rather be jobless than apply for this job if that is only job in the world.....

How much was GEJ estimate of graduates worth again? (I mean the amount he paid the family of the graduates that were killed in post election violence). N5million abi?

Dangote will just double the money when his graduate truck drivers starts "quiping" the heavenly calls.......

ur stupidity and foolishness is unquantifiably. Crusly 4 sendin u 2 d uni ur papa wastd his moni. Take it or leave it u wil die a vry vry vry poor man idiat
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by tadysmart(m): 3:30pm On Aug 19, 2012
freecocoa: See talk o,ha! shocked shocked

So all the people that are drivers are cursed or what? Did you even read what you wrote?so he should rather sit at home and remain unemployed or turn to an armed robber?okay do you have a better job to offer him?

My God! What will i not see on NL?

Check well he must be a miracle working church goer.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by ishmael(m): 7:19pm On Aug 19, 2012
You guys think driving truck from kaduna to lagos is that easy? Just be ready to start smoking igbo. Or u think those truck drivers that drive through out the night from kd to lagos or maiduguri to lagos do that with ordinary eyes? I pity those graduates (if at all they are genuine graduates) that want to turn themselves into truck drivers.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by NeuroBoss(m): 7:41pm On Aug 19, 2012
mercylicious:

You may be surprised dt a town service conductor earns more than you do.
Do u know how much their daily pay is?
I wish all the applicants success in the job training, this is just a stepping stone to your greatness. Whatever you find ur hand to do, do it well. Sum Mgrs in my office started as office attendants.
To buttress your opinion, I graduated from being a "fucking" labourer to a dignified contractor. The supervisor said he like hardworking and ambitious young men
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 19, 2012
For those that applied and haven't heard from them, i'll advice you to be patient for now because the first batch(they're 100 in number) just round off their training/induction on thursday and i believed they will call for other batches soon
@EdDave...Sorry for replying very late. I laid your complains to my friend and he couldn't has an answer to that as he was just incharge of their induction. Meanwhile, let see what i can get from their HR on wednessday. Thanks
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by seunstic: 8:24pm On Aug 19, 2012
Please, are de doing the call up in batches?
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by ishmael(m): 8:48pm On Aug 19, 2012
I don't believe any sane graduate would want to be a trailer or truck driver. So nigerian graduates cannot be self employed? Why not learn a trade or handwork and make urself self reliant? Why going to spend 4 or 5 yrs in the university only for u to become a truck or trailer driver? Where is the dignity of being a graduate and working as a graduate? Why is Dangote humiliating naija graduates? Are there no skillful or professional jobs that graduates can do for Dangote? Why truck driving?
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by Santino1(m): 9:42pm On Aug 19, 2012
^^ why don't you help by setting them up, I'm sure they would prefer it to Dangote's offer
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 19, 2012
ishmael: I don't believe any sane graduate would want to be a trailer or truck driver. So nigerian graduates cannot be self employed? Why not learn a trade or handwork and make urself self reliant? Why going to spend 4 or 5 yrs in the university only for u to become a truck or trailer driver? Where is the dignity of being a graduate and working as a graduate? Why is Dangote humiliating naija graduates? Are there no skillful or professional jobs that graduates can do for Dangote? Why truck driving?

Drop it bro. People that applied aren't fool as you made it to sound. Don't you think they can raise some cash to start their business from driving a truck? Dangote never forced anybody to apply in the first place and from what i heard and see, their 4th line of production will be commission soon and hopefully, there will be recruitment soon.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by DaBeaver(m): 11:16pm On Aug 19, 2012
victorD3: So why have trailer drivers in NL? This explains all the grammatical bombings we experience here and then. Oh well, I am sorry for NL when these guys resume their duties at the motor pack as cement drivers.

...Much ado about "grammatical bombings"
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by samtoye(m): 4:37am On Aug 20, 2012
As much as I appreaciate the gesture from Dangote and I quite understand the reason why Nigerian graduates would chose to apply for the job, asking and limiting application for a truck driver to academic graduates points to a fault in our value system. With the cost of university education in Nigeria going up as far as N650,000 per session and state school(LASU) going up as far N250,000; spending 5 to 6 years in school, then I expect more from our Leaders to offer their youths. I would not blame those that are applying but I would blame a system which encourages some of the bedrock of national intellectual development to go drive trucks. Nairalanders; I have read both sides of the debate and we all have our points, better a truck driver than a thief or a beggar but let's be careful of falling into complacency.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by ishmael(m): 4:43am On Aug 20, 2012
Santino1: ^^ why don't you help by setting them up, I'm sure they would prefer it to Dangote's offer
I don't need to be the one to set anyone up. Every graduate (real graduate) is expected to be able to set himself/herself up. No one set me up, i started what i'm doing today by myself. All the same, I'm still not pleased with Dangote's vacancies for graduate truck drivers. Oh my God! I support doing anything legal to earn a living, but truck driving is very dangerous and risky for graduates.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by faithin9ja: 7:14am On Aug 20, 2012
A few years ago Dangote gave hundreds of his trucks to his drivers, to turn them to owner-drivers. It failed.

Drivers are notouriously dangerous and dishonest.Anyone in transport business knows this.

If these graduate turn out to be better drivers it will be a big plus for Dangote and possibly Dangote might revert to the plan of making his drivers 'owner-drivers'

As somebody said a truck costs more than N20million - that's a lot of trust.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by Santino1(m): 10:13am On Aug 20, 2012
ishmael: I don't need to be the one to set anyone up. Every graduate (real graduate) is expected to be able to set himself/herself up. No one set me up, i started what i'm doing today by myself. All the same, I'm still not pleased with Dangote's vacancies for graduate truck drivers. Oh my God! I support doing anything legal to earn a living, but truck driving is very dangerous and risky for graduates.

Yeah, every graduates are expected to be able to set themselves up by virtue of the "entrepreneuriship" skills they must have harnessed in their universities. However, you didn't factor in the role of capital. What if the reason some are doing it is to raise enough capital to start themselves up?. Good you pointed out it's okay as far as it's legal (which brings us to the same page).

No one is "pleased" with graduates as truck drivers, but hey, a whole lot of people in that country are trying to survive first before thinking about what pleases them.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by ishmael(m): 10:40am On Aug 20, 2012
Santino1:

Yeah, every graduates are expected to be able to set themselves up by virtue of the "entrepreneuriship" skills they must have harnessed in their universities. However, you didn't factor in the role of capital. What if the reason some are doing it is to raise enough capital to start themselves up?. Good you pointed out it's okay as far as it's legal (which brings us to the same page).

No one is "pleased" with graduates as truck drivers, but hey, a whole lot of people in that country are trying to survive first before thinking about what pleases them.
I wished i had a way of stopping this whole thing by discouraging graduates from taking this Dangote's truck driving job. Oh my God, it's an insult for graduates (all disciplines) to take up unskilled jobs such as truck driving. They drive long distances mostly at night. It's a dangerous and risky job to do. It should be left in the hands of those who are not graduates. Those guys take all manner of drugs to keep them moving, and they are always drunk. Is this what Dangote wants to turn nigerian graduates into? If Dangote has respect for graduates at all he should have created skilled jobs or positions for them; or atleast semi-skilled jobs, not truck driving. If nigerians allow this to happen, I won't be surprised 2mrow to hear that graduates are being employed as messangers and cleaners in Dangote's company.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by kasheemawo(m): 11:01am On Aug 20, 2012
Hope the other applicants will be called very soon.
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by Santino1(m): 12:14pm On Aug 20, 2012
ishmael: I wished i had a way of stopping this whole thing by discouraging graduates from taking this Dangote's truck driving job. Oh my God, it's an insult for graduates (all disciplines) to take up unskilled jobs such as truck driving. They drive long distances mostly at night. It's a dangerous and risky job to do. It should be left in the hands of those who are not graduates. Those guys take all manner of drugs to keep them moving, and they are always drunk. Is this what Dangote wants to turn nigerian graduates into? If Dangote has respect for graduates at all he should have created skilled jobs or positions for them; or atleast semi-skilled jobs, not truck driving. If nigerians allow this to happen, I won't be surprised 2mrow to hear that graduates are being employed as messangers and cleaners in Dangote's company.

Well, the country is far from being ideal. Insult? why is that? because they are doing it in Naija? I'm sure you are aware Nigerians do far lot worse out here (albeit with a higher degree) than truck-driving. Let us look at bright side, graduates manning those trucks will bring sanity on our roads and will significantly reduces the rate of accidents on the highways.

I'd have loved to see those guys in 'skilled' postions too but it doesn't work that way. you don't just employ people for employment sake but because you need certain positions to be filled up and right now, drivers are what he wants. I'm sure the technical and skilled aspect are being managed by graduates too and not some kind of illiterates

P.S: I think this amounts to derailing the thread. the purpose of starting the threads was to find out if successful applicants have difficulties opening the contents of their mail too. We should focus on helping the guys out if we have such info
Re: Has Dangote Start Calling Graduate Trainee Drivers? by Fostercat(m): 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2012
victorD3:
So why have trailer drivers in NL? This explains all the grammatical bombings we experience here and then. Oh well, I am sorry for NL when these guys resume their duties at the motor pack as cement drivers.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha'motor pack 'indeed....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Can One Get A Government Job Without Connection? / Iniobong Umoren's Murder: Women March To Akwa Ibom Government House / Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.