Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Why Nigerians Ridicule Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians Ridicule Nigeria (9851 Views)

Ndi -igbo Have Turned Their Selves To Object Of National Ridicule. / Buhari’s Delay In Making Appointments Exposing Us To Ridicule-apc Chieftain / A Buhari Presidency Would Ridicule Nigeria –duke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerians Ridicule Nigeria by ministergh: 7:15pm On Aug 16, 2012
Re: Why Nigerians Ridicule Nigeria by Godogwu: 2:38am On Aug 17, 2012
manbuchai:

Talk what you know,most European countries does not have minerial resources but they have (grade one )infrastuctures.If you step out of Nigeria and witness how a country should look like,you will shed tears and agree with me that Nigeria is a total failure.When you look at citizens of Europe,Usa or even some Asian countries you would not deny the fact that Nigeria is way behind.Nigeria is plagued by poverty,corruption,dirt,crime and many more.Countries that are endowed with mineral resources like Nigeria are way better than that shit hole you call your father/mother land.They made nobody proud.

You should also do some research and say what you know....who told you the European countries don't have mineral resources....just so you know the united states has oil and also a great level of agricultural endowment, these I know of. Yea, I've said this before, don't compare Nigeria to European countries.....they all gained independence before Nigeria and Nigeria had a lot to deal with after we gained independence just like any other African country. Please show me which African country that can be compared in any way to the united states, Uk or China. Finally, I've been to 3 continents outside Nigeria and I can tell you figuratively that each country I've been to has their own problems....I'm currently studying in US and I can tell you that there are commas in this country...people talk about them almost everyday. Nigeria isn't a failed state, we even have a middle class, obviously we haven't reached our full potential because of hindrances like corruption, bad governance etc but we are slowly overcoming each obstacle and in due time people who are ashamed to be Nigerians will come back and be patriotic. I am always proud to be Nigerian, always!
Re: Why Nigerians Ridicule Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 2:44am On Aug 17, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

Nigeria has never been ranked better than India or Thailand for corruption, in fact Nigeria's best score ever: 2.7 in 2009 only matches India's very worst year, 2002, while Thailand's worst score of 3.2 (2002) is half a mark better than Nigeria has ever achieved.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_Perceptions_Index

In actual fact, using homicides as a guide, Nigeria (12.2 per 100,000) is almost 3 times safer than South Africa (31.8 per 100,000) however it is almost 3 times more dangerous than America (3.5 per 100,000) and ten times more dangerous than the UK (1.2 per 100,000)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

I'm not going to cast aspersions on your intellectual prowess, so I'll focus on the facts:
Looking at the Adult Literacy rates as the accepted indicator of education standards, Nigeria places 143rd out of 179, after both South Africa and Congo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_Index

The Life expectancy in Nigeria is 46.9 years, compared with 80.4 years in the UK and 182nd out of 194, just behind the AIDS ridden murder fest that is South Africa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

I have one word for you: Makoko.
Oh and for the record: in the UK ₦775,500 a year is the payment for the unemployed, plus a payment towards rent.
Not as many as Nigerians turning foreigners.
35,000 more people leave Nigeria than enter every year.
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ni.html
If you love it, fight for it to be better.

Dude, you get time!! Sometimes I feel it is better to leave some people to their delusion . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Nigerians Ridicule Nigeria by ak47sk: 3:21am On Aug 17, 2012
Point of correction.The average ,nigerian does not ridicule the geographical entity.The leadership of the entity called Nigeria is their or rather our focal point of anger.When the leaders over the years have been ridiculous in their ways of governace,one would not expect anything but ridicule of all that comes with their mess.
Re: Why Nigerians Ridicule Nigeria by aikuda(m): 2:26pm On Aug 17, 2012
ak47sk: Point of correction.The average ,nigerian does not ridicule the geographical entity.The leadership of the entity called Nigeria is their or rather our focal point of anger.When the leaders over the years have been ridiculous in their ways of governace,one would not expect anything but ridicule of all that comes with their mess.

Nigeria is not the product of just its leaders, but of all its people. If you want to ridicule the leaders please by all means go head! But do not throw the baby away with the bath water- it will be your loss!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level / Fr. Arinze Madu Regains Freedom In Enugu / Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.