Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners (11753 Views)

5 Sure Ways To Stop Feeling Insecure In Your Relationships / Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? / Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by EkwyOmalicha: 10:43pm On Aug 17, 2012
safeact: There has been lots of stories where men are been humiliated by their wives as a result of being d bread winner of d house. Girls who are bouyant enough to buy themselves one some times are scared as they think they might scare their suitors away and men on the other way,might be in love with one of such ladies but will always withdraw when marriage is mentioned.

Now, i have a girl friend who confided in me that she cant buy herself a befitting car. According to her, men will b scared of approaching her cos they will think her status is higher than theirs! For record purposes, d girl in question controls about 30million and above but prefers to be jumping bikes.

I tried to convince some of my male friends to go marry d chick after all, she is still in her twenties but they all said NO that they cant marry any girl who is richer than them because they will be sturbon to them later on in d marriage.

My friend needs an advise on what to do in order to enjoy her wealth and still get her hubby. As i talk to you, she has been duped by some men claiming to be in love with her!

30 million what? Naira or Kobo?

what biz does she do? i doubt this story.
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by mrkels(m): 10:45pm On Aug 17, 2012
@op she should go and sort out her life for herself!!! People have seen worst and still pulled through. This one na stoopid fabricated post. Even if its true?who cares? How does it make nigeria a better place for my kids to live in? Abeg abeg!!! This friday night aint so cool, if you take it personal that's okay,streamrolling whatever I see. DESPICABLE ME!!!
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by stint(m): 10:55pm On Aug 17, 2012
Its not insecurity its experience.
its not insecurity its common sense
its not insecurity its refusing to take a risk with your whole life .
its not insecure guys its guys who have learnt from the past
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by DANILSA(m): 11:02pm On Aug 17, 2012
Jamey Maxwell: Actually, the girl is right.
Some men don't have the balls to approach those kind of chics. TRUE
But if she"s looking for a quality dude “LIKE ME”{lol}, she shud stick with her high klass status.
Seriously, drop her number nah•
Oboy ur eye de shuk, take am easy naa.
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by Heck: 11:07pm On Aug 17, 2012
Guy, you need to interact with divorcees to understand
I behold a wise but insecure lady here
Tell her to go get a simple car (like Toyota Corrola)
she should forget SUV and flee building a house
she must avoid opening her legs (always) to whoever she wants for marriage
men are unpredictable. But there is only one formula that works for all
1. Be Humble and respectable
2. Be Humble and respectful
3. Be Humble and NEAT
On matters of money: be stingy with information about self,
never give loan to any man (but assist if a desperate case)
Good luck
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by DANILSA(m): 11:08pm On Aug 17, 2012
I was expecting wan Ajegunle boy to come out and ask how the story affect cup of Garri and mama put in the mkt.grin
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by safeact(m): 11:34pm On Aug 17, 2012
I just wonder why /how some guys, i suppose, are busy sending me emails asking for d girl's no! Pls, if u are one of them,stop now cos am not gonna do that.

The moderator has done well to change d topic of d thread,so go in line with it!

The girl in question has supported so many guys that hav been into her life. The last one was married and hid it from her for close to a year. Just recently, she found out but d guy had already smiled home wit a mercedes car and a commuter hias bus that ply for him in one of d transport companies.
She has made her money. She is building a storey building and has about four trucks registered in her name.she is very humbly, good looking and a christian. People think am going out with her but am not.i feel for her!
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by pleep(m): 12:11am On Aug 18, 2012
Why dont you just marry her and stop bothering nairaland about it. lol
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by obalola7: 12:12am On Aug 18, 2012
safeact: I just wonder why /how some guys, i suppose, are busy sending me emails asking for d girl's no! Pls, if u are one of them,stop now cos am not gonna do that.

The moderator has done well to change d topic of d thread,so go in line with it!

The girl in question has supported so many guys that hav been into her life. The last one was married and hid it from her for close to a year. Just recently, she found out but d guy had already smiled home wit a mercedes car and a commuter hias bus that ply for him in one of d transport companies.
She has made her money. She is building a storey building and has about four trucks registered in her name.she is very humbly, good looking and a christian. People think am going out with her but am not.i feel for her!
Ekwy Omalicha:

What you have said is actually right. Women can not be trusted not because they are women even man could do the same its part of nature.
This is the best way you should look at it. If you have a friend and all of a sudden he becomes rich..how many of them will recognize you as friend and not try to make you feel that you are below them. Now talk about woman that controls millions when the husband control thousands in naira.

Its natural for African man to act inferior to rich woman and also to see that his masculinity will be threatened and the woman will one day control him except there is one major secret between both of them that could measure up or compensate for the same success of the woman.. e.g for instance, if the woman has some ailment that requires that man to be arround all the time and the woman is so rich, that struck a balance right there.. then the man see himself having some leverage over the millions of the woman and woman will humbly and respectfully respect her husband.

why do you think there have been increasing report about Nigerians in u.s killing their wives. Many at time the husband is a taxi driver and find a way to bring his wife from Nigeria and once the woman arrives the husband pay for the nursing program and once she becomes nurse she start making tripple of what the husband is making then problems starts. The husband say one thing and the wife say 30 things. I currently have a friend that is seriously lamenting. He use to be bread winner and now relocated his family to Canada and pay for the schooling of the wife. The wife now makes more than double of what he makes and she would not listen.. than man has taken it has his fate.

My advice for the girl is this... Let her live her life to the fullest. Buy the best of cars and build the best of houses she want to build. Then try not date or go out with anybody that is making less than what she is making. Go to high end meetings, clubs or with top young Nigerians. Then she would be fine. As for marry anybody making less, she will hardly find honest guy and she herself even if she find the right guy will one day show the guy he is inferior, its human. i would not advice any of my friend to marry anybody richer than them nor ask a woman to marry someone less richer then her because the reality is the marriage has a higher risk of not lasting more than 5yrs
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by 2scorehigh(m): 1:43am On Aug 18, 2012
I've not met the girl in question but from what I can peruse from the OP's perspective cum attitude towards her situation in getting the guys, methinks it doesn't look good for her at all. For all I can see, something is really telling me that she's:

1. Really Ugly [plus not endowed at least in the mammary, backside and most importantly (for me though) in the mental department.]
2. Very cunning.
3. Much more older than the said age.
4. Has a bad though well-known record (of being promiscuous or should I say way too loose?)
5. The controlling or overbearing type.
6. Making a very bad job of masking her desperation.
7. A combination of any two to all of the above...

If you say men don't approach her because of her money, what then do you think is stopping those dudes who don't even know about her money (after all the daily okada ride exhibition) in the first place from approaching her? It doesn't just add up. Something is seriously wrong somewhere.

Because...

Quoting my favorite character, Chet, in that James Hadley Chase thriller called The Sucker Punch, there is no much difference between one woman and another in the dark but 30 million Naira is 30 million Naira whichever way you look at it!

And you can't tell me that no Nigerian guy(most especially under this bad survival-of-the-"crookest"-and-shameless situation of things in the country necessitated by the bad economy we've found ourselves entrenched in which calls for desperate measures), gold-digger or not, starting from my dear humble self and even you my very dear Poster; does not know of this fact!
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by congi(m): 2:59am On Aug 18, 2012
safeact: I just wonder why /how some guys, i suppose, are busy sending me emails asking for d girl's no! Pls, if u are one of them,stop now cos am not gonna do that.

The lady needs to drop the idea that her money repel suitable suitors. There are truck loads of women wthout a penny to their name who are still searcing. The quality of life she lives will attract the quality of suitors she desires. She shd work on herself esteem.

1 Like

Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by duni04(m): 3:53am On Aug 18, 2012
Feel her pain. Only very terrible personal experiences would make someone behave like that. There are just too many desperate people out there, men and women. My advice; continue being humble and scrutinize anyone that comes along thoroughly, there are just too many vultures out there.
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by Bakreez: 4:01am On Aug 18, 2012
safeact: There has been lots of stories where men are been humiliated by their wives as a result of being d bread winner of d house. Girls who are bouyant enough to buy themselves one some times are scared as they think they might scare their suitors away and men on the other way,might be in love with one of such ladies but will always withdraw when marriage is mentioned.

Now, i have a girl friend who confided in me that she cant buy herself a befitting car. According to her, men will b scared of approaching her cos they will think her status is higher than theirs! For record purposes, d girl in question controls about 30million and above but prefers to be jumping bikes.

I tried to convince some of my male friends to go marry d chick after all, she is still in her twenties but they all said NO that they cant marry any girl who is richer than them because they will be sturbon to them later on in d marriage.

My friend needs an advise on what to do in order to enjoy her wealth and still get her hubby. As i talk to you, she has been duped by some men claiming to be in love with her!
Eyeah, i really pity your friend becuase she's been duped. Well what i think she needs to do is to live a disguise life until she finally get married, she should not spend her money in the name of love on any man except in emergency situation as they might later turn around and make her cry sad. With that said a man who later got to know about her worth after marriage will learn to respect,love and treat her right because she is meant to be cared for as a jewel.
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by Nobody: 4:22am On Aug 18, 2012
Na dis your kain friend Yoruba people dey call 'Ojiya or alowo majaye' sorry my no reach the level to translate to English. Jumping on top okada when you are worth 30M sounds very insecure sef! Afraid to spend money your work for? Eledumare forbid bad tins for my life.
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by occam(m): 4:44am On Aug 18, 2012

dis your story get k leg o. girl in her twenties controlling N30 million? abeg when she finish school, start work/business and get so much. For Naija? she be Adenuga/Dangote pikin? or she collect oyel subsidy money?
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by MRMICKMEN: 6:46am On Aug 18, 2012
its not about men having the guts to approach such chicks,if u read well its about the future outcome and the disrespect that follows it,and when she start gossiping with her friends,the man will not be regarded,so let them rot with d cash,its will not buy a husband not even a foolish one lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by mhsanni(f): 7:04am On Aug 18, 2012
what kind of man is she expectn to meet on okada? of cos hustlers... And a typical Nigerian man doesnt lyk d idea of his wife being wealthier..

the more reason she shud live up to her class..then she can meet men of d same social status as hers.. Abi rich men no dey 9ja again ni or rich people no dey fall in love
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by skexy(f): 7:23am On Aug 18, 2012
PLS THE BABE SHLD LIVE HER LIFE TO THE FULLEST, BUY A SWEET CAR AND ENJOY HER MONEY.................... FLYING BIKE? IGBOBI WILL HANG HER LEG UP FOR HER IF SHE BREAKS LEG CAUSE SHE DOES NOT WANT TO BE SEEN AS BEING TOO INDEPENDENT.
HER OWN MAN WILL SHOW, SHE SHLD JUST BELIEVE N BE OPEN MINDED.
i rest my case
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by Abbey2sam(m): 7:48am On Aug 18, 2012
losvemous: Yea" Actually money is nt it all. But money is as important as bn happy... 2 me, no one must sacrifice everytn for the other person, 4 human bn is one of the most unreliable creature.
My advice is" she suld enjoy her money, and develop it. True luv knws no colour nor differences. And in short tym she mi8 find a luv of her status. I believ sum guys stil prefer succesful woman, who wont depend all her lyf on her hubby ...cuz i cant b d nly one in it.
you already said it all, let her be herself
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by Abbey2sam(m): 7:58am On Aug 18, 2012
maclatunji:

Why? She still would be faced with most of her current problems.
he's just been sarcastic....dem it
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 18, 2012
Girl with thirty million naira and jumping bikes? Give me a break! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by Sike(m): 9:24am On Aug 18, 2012
How i wish i'd grab her number. Then, she'll know "I AM REAL"
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 18, 2012
Heck: Guy, you need to interact with divorcees to understand
I behold a wise but insecure lady here
Tell her to go get a simple car (like Toyota Corrola)
she should forget SUV and flee building a house
she must avoid opening her legs (always) to whoever she wants for marriage
men are unpredictable. But there is only one formula that works for all
1. Be Humble and respectable
2. Be Humble and respectful
3. Be Humble and NEAT
On matters of money: be stingy with information about self,
never give loan to any man (but assist if a desperate case)
Good luck

Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by epio: 11:07am On Aug 18, 2012
my num is 08033762029,i m 32,working.u may wish to send contact.
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by oiseworld: 1:03pm On Aug 18, 2012
car or no car, money or not, as long as she makes herself available for toasting,wooing, etc she would definately get a good husband.

She should always be inviting and accessible by the kind of man she wants even if she has the world. Then, nature would take care of the rest.
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by 123papas(m): 1:11pm On Aug 18, 2012
To be with a princess, u have to be a Prince. Experience defies logic. One day na one day (maybe 20years after), she must recite your history for you.
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by Sunbellar: 2:34pm On Aug 18, 2012

Tell her to contact me for prayer n councelling. May be she has some attitudinal problems that scares men. She dont have to be puffed up by her wealth while in any relationship with men unless the man ll feel insecure. She has to pray n make sure that it is not also as a result of family curse bc i bet u, many guys are in search of such ladies.
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by Excuzeme: 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2012
chaircover: She should not lower her standards. She has worked hard and is entitled to enjoy her wealth. The most important thing is to remain humble and not let her money get into her head.

A secure man will see it as an asset rather than a hindrance.

Thank you Ooo!

Its not whether you're rich or poor that gets you a husband.......
It is how you conduct yourself, your self dignity, Carriage, Character, Up-bringing and ability to "manage your man" in such a manner that the "union" will last.

To get a man is not the problem
(at least we have read about not less than "Ten Gigolos" on this thread, asking for her number! shocked grin )

The real problem starts when you have the man .....AND YOU CANT HOLD UNTO HIM! >: shocked

Same goes for men! Too many "desperate" Nigerian guys looking for some "desperate lady" to dupe!

1 Like

Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by mhozzis(m): 4:54pm On Aug 18, 2012
chaircover: She should not lower her standards. She has worked hard and is entitled to enjoy her wealth. The most important thing is to remain humble and not let her money get to her head.

A secure man will see it as an asset rather than a hindrance.
Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by stint(m): 1:12pm On Aug 19, 2012
mhsanni: what kind of man is she expectn to meet on okada? of cos hustlers... And a typical Nigerian man doesnt lyk d idea of his wife being wealthier..

the more reason she shud live up to her class..then she can meet men of d same social status as hers.. Abi rich men no dey 9ja again ni or rich people no dey fall in love

Rich men are either married or taken . all of them except me . but like her I don't let people know am worth over 12000 naira. you know people are wicked

1 Like

Re: Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners by tishat(f): 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2012
No wahala,she ll find her dream man after okada don break her two legs,hope she ll welcome a
One legged man also.
Live is for the living!30million? Nd I no get mint rav 4?kaiiiii

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Marriage And Zodiac Sign Compability / My Home Is Breaking / Surrogate Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.