Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,981 members, 7,828,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala (10409 Views)

Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed / We Will Negotiate With Genuine Boko Haram If We Take Over Power-by Lai Mohammed / We Will Negotiate With Genuine Boko Haram If We Take Over Power-lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by 2goodbobo(m): 11:51am On Aug 17, 2012
We need change in this country and the only way we can attain that change is through violent revolution. A revolution that will do away with all the corrupt elites of this country.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by andyanders: 11:51am On Aug 17, 2012
It's just Nigerian mentality. I knew and I know they will compromise and work out things with these criminals because they financed them to their exalted seats.

See what Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is saying

1 Like

Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by drlaykay(m): 11:59am On Aug 17, 2012
So y d IGG(Initial Gra Gra)
Like say we no knw say na like dis d tin go end.mtchweeeeeee
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Richardid: 12:02pm On Aug 17, 2012
Okonlo wahala sorry iweala has turned the government to 'we' and 'i' government.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by badesco(m): 12:02pm On Aug 17, 2012
If this Government should negotiate with the cabal or oil thiefs that shows
that this present govt is a fraud and part and parcel of the the oil cabals.
take or leave it nothing tangible will come from this trial or talks with
this economic saboteurs.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by searay(m): 12:02pm On Aug 17, 2012
For this country, power pass power.
Iyammi!
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by chidexy(m): 12:03pm On Aug 17, 2012
You people push the government into negotiating with them. An afternoon on the queue at filling stations, and people start moaning. So why won't the government pander to the wishes and demands of the oil marketers?
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Ufeolorun(m): 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2012
There were no cabals in the first place shior.
She's so World banky(deceptive) grin
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by redsun(m): 12:09pm On Aug 17, 2012
Wayo government. And they will definitely get away with this,just like they got away with halliburton bribe scandal,obj 16 billion dollars power generation illusion, bankole magogo and the millions of dollars lady gej was caught with,way before her husband became the commander -in-thief of federal republic of rogue naija.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 17, 2012
The statement started with:

"In other to prevent fuel scarcity"

There is also a two categories mentioned: those that can be "negotiated with" and those that are trying to "blackmail government".

This is the burden of leadership.

Make sure there is fuel and make sure you punish defaulters. Finding a balance is what makes a good leader.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by bigboy3: 12:17pm On Aug 17, 2012
Mogbe.....I can't believe this. Make everybody dey do anyhow then
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by mrrock: 12:18pm On Aug 17, 2012
Dr. Ngozi was relatively clean during OBJ's regime.
Now, it appears she have joined them. Otherwise, how will she want to co-operare with some of them?. No matter how minut their crime.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by tweener(m): 12:20pm On Aug 17, 2012
kingoflag: GEJ is involved. Further prosecution of those indicted and they will expose him, so he has to let them go.

End of story!

na u know ooo...any small tin GEJ...smuctheeew
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Remii(m): 12:29pm On Aug 17, 2012
Cabalotocracy in action. Head or tail cabals win. Farouk messed up, cabal head panel to investigate further, cabals instigate union to threaten strikes, FGN is willing to negotiate,

Nigeria we hail thee.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by uncleb(m): 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2012
This will not make front page oooo.

See face of shame.

They did not negotiate with Nigerians when we cried against increased fuel price, rather, they mobilised the military force to silence and intimidate us. Many innocent Nigerians were killed in the process.

BH came, they say they are their siblings, no military force will be used against them

Now subsidy cabal, they are willing to negotiate with them. Are they not their sponsors.

Ole, oju ole re, oleee, owo olowo, olee,

4 Likes

Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by DExplorer1: 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2012
This' for the Nation's interest. The looming fuel scarcity will be a severe one if dialogue is not considered. These marketers has been officially ordered to make a refund of the excess in their care even if not all but the positive side of this hiccups is that certain companies will lose their position on the government's scale of preference for integrity sake. This has NOTHING to do with whether GEJ will be indicted or not which we all know that he has kept a clean sheet in regards. The option to negotiate is in the best interest of Nigerians. The faceoff between the legislature and the executive is dragging the progress of this country and that should be halted. Again, the decision to dialogue is of NATIONAL INTEREST and no doubt the drama that has played out in the last few months has made facts so glaring to Nigerians and that will make the executive act accordingly in regards to dealing with marketers and most assuredly those with integrity.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2012
[size=38pt]do you want fresh air in nigeria? [/size]

small wonder gej has to invest in laptop monkeys
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Chivivian125: 12:43pm On Aug 17, 2012
youngies: In order to prevent nationwide fuel scarcity, the FG is willing to negotiate with oil marketers who duped Nigeria.

The Federal Government is willing to negotiate with some petrol marketers who were indicted for wrongly benefiting from the 2011 fuel subsidy payments (the cabal), Finance Minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, said on Thursday.

Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala, who is also the Coordinating Minister for the Economy, stated this at a news conference, on Thursday, in Abuja.

The minister said government was open to dialogue with marketers who had "little infractions'' in the fuel subsidy regime.

"Those whose infractions may be considered not so egregious, we will be talking to them and if they are willing to talk to us, we will also be willing to settle their claims and they can go on importing," Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala said.

The minister did not clarify what "little infractions" meant, and what the Federal Government (FG) was willing to concede to the indicted marketers.

The indicted marketers, who have been recommended to return N382 billion by the Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede presidential committee, committed various categories of offences; ranging from claiming subsidy for non-imported petrol to not claiming more subsidy funds than deserved.

Mr. Aig-Imoukhuede had told Nigerians, during the submission of his committee's report, not to expect the FG to recover all the N382 billion from the indicted firms.

We won't succumb to blackmail

Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala also said that the long queues that have resurfaced in Abuja, the Nigerian capital, were not enough reasons for the FG to negotiate with some marketers whom she described as blackmailers.

"But for some of those who are bent on blackmailing the Federal Government even though they have committed very serious infractions in the subsidy claim we are not willing to pay them when they have not cleared their case," she said.

The junior minister in the finance ministry, Yerima Ngama, had, Wednesday, alleged that some of the indicted marketers were responsible for the fuel shortages being witnessed in Abuja.

The Abuja fuel queues are an indication of what to expect across the country if petrol marketers make good their threat to suspend fuel distribution should their subsidy payments not made by the FG.

Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala however assured genuine marketers of payment of their due subsidy saying '"there is no holding back or lack of willingness to pay for those who have no case to answer."

She explained that between April and August, Sovereign Debt Notes amounting to N42.66 billion were issued to 31 oil marketers, in respect of the 2012 fuel subsidy claims.

The Minister said the FG was still in talks with the marketers over the impasse.

"We are open, we will dialogue with them and we hope that the dialogue will lead to a situation in which they will not be called upon to undertake these actions that are being undertaken now," she said.

After her briefing, Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala went into a meeting with representatives of some oil marketers including Sahara energy, Oando Plc, and NEPCO Plc.

The banker, whose committee indicted the petrol marketers, Mr. Aig-Imoukhuede, also took part in the closed door meeting.

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/2230-we-will-negotiate-with-subsidy-cabal-okonjo-iweala
...a whole nation in d mercy of some few CABALS,well its not their fault,if not for our baseless and senseless politicians,we wudnt have found ourselves in dis kind of mess...may God help us
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 17, 2012

If you steal for market, you get jailed or worse you get burnt on the spot.
if you steal for internet, you get bursted or arrested my stupid EFCC or ICPC straight to jail
But you steal or fight the government in Nigeria you are highly compensated with dialogue, political appointment e.t.c.
God please help me change my line of business and let mine be successful also, please make me the leader of the so called untouchable cabal or better still leader of Niger-delta militant or best still Boko Haram

1 Like

Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 17, 2012
D-Explorer:
This' for the Nation's interest. The looming fuel scarcity will be a severe one if dialogue is not considered. These marketers has been officially ordered to make a refund of the excess in their care even if not all but the positive side of this hiccups is that certain companies will lose their position on the government's scale of preference for integrity sake. This has NOTHING to do with whether GEJ will be indicted or not which we all know that he has kept a clean sheet in regards. The option to negotiate is in the best interest of Nigerians. The faceoff between the legislature and the executive is dragging the progress of this country and that should be halted. Again, the decision to dialogue is of NATIONAL INTEREST and no doubt the drama that has played out in the last few months has made facts so glaring to Nigerians and that will make the executive act accordingly in regards to dealing with marketers and most assuredly those with integrity.

Please no one should answer this man
As we all know "Silence is the best answer for a ...".
Left to me I'd rather say Silence is the best answer for "40 man laptop monkey jerk"
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by maasoap(m): 12:53pm On Aug 17, 2012
I don't think FG under Buhari will ever consider this kind of move as a last resort. What do you think?
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by AjanleKoko: 1:01pm On Aug 17, 2012
Another fall-hand by this government.
Can't they do without making these statements in the media? What are they, masochists?
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Inik(m): 1:08pm On Aug 17, 2012
This move potrays this government as a weak and cowardly government open to negotiations with terrorists, criminals, fraudstars and subsidy thieves.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 17, 2012
U GOTTA LOVE THIS CESSPIT CALLED NIGERIA.
GOVT NEGOTIATES WITH TERRORISTS
GOVT NEGOTIATES WITH MILITANTS
GOVT NEGOTIATES WITH THIEVES
GOVT NEGOTIATES WITH LOOTERS
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by DExplorer1: 1:08pm On Aug 17, 2012
kodeblurr:

Please no one should answer this man
As we all know "Silence is the best answer for a ...".
Left to me I'd rather say Silence is the best answer for "40 man laptop monkey jerk"
Dude, you just did! I stated the truth and you can't stand it. I know they say the truth can be frightening but please deal with it. Cheers!
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by 1forall: 1:18pm On Aug 17, 2012
And they'll turn round and say this is not a FAILED state?

When government begins to negotiate with the groups of people who are making life hellish for its citizens you don't need a political scientist to tell you that such a government is failed, and its only a matter of time before these groups possess more power than the government itself.

I wonder what we Nigerians are still waiting for?

1 Like

Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by inspbado(m): 1:27pm On Aug 17, 2012
Madam minister if these greedy snakes are hell bent on going on a strike and by so doing disrupting economic activities in the nation, why can't u and your principal,GEJ, just revoke their licences and give it to others who are willing to comply with the law??!!! This route should be given considerable thought, instead of negotiating with saboteurs of govt. IMO
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by yinchar(m): 1:40pm On Aug 17, 2012
Its all PLANNED work, right from DAY 1, firstly they introduce LAWAN-OTEDOLA Saga, it doesnt work.....they now introduce artificial FUEL SCARCITY, to scuffle probing of the massive looting of nigerians money....I ask GOD which kind of country is ours?....A country thats 50years behind his peers, if those involved in the scam are creating this scarcity as insinuated my madam NOI, is there no reputable person or organization that can continue the importation instead of begging those people that should be in JAIL or EXCEXUTED if it happened in china.....and then you see some useless people on this forum praising the PDP-led Govt......EVIL THAT MEN DO SURELY FOLLOWS THEM...... cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by olaadegoke(m): 1:46pm On Aug 17, 2012
Na paddy paddy government be dis oo egbami ooo...
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by texazzpete(m): 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2012
D-Explorer:

When we should be talking about non-negotiation with crooks and terrorists, you're supporting Okonjo Iweala's brainless and moronic plan!

Where are all those Nairaland bigots that were beating their chests about 'Aunty Ngozi'? She's no better than the rest of the dubious folks in the FEC.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 17, 2012
D-Explorer:
Dude, you just did! I stated the truth and you can't stand it. I know they say the truth can be frightening but please deal with it. Cheers!

FYI I didn't, I only sent an information to my fellow Nairalanders. You should be able to differentiate btw replying and making a plain comment afterall you are paid to do your job as a member of the 40 laptop money crew here.

Besides I don't see any truth in any of the ish stated here:
GOVT NEGOTIATES WITH TERRORISTS
GOVT NEGOTIATES WITH MILITANTS
GOVT NEGOTIATES WITH THIEVES
GOVT NEGOTIATES WITH LOOTERS
GOVT NEGOTIATES WITH OIL CABAL

Its just a matter of time I see something big coming soon, in the face of this wicked government, I pray you get the feel too, when the wrath is unleashed on you and your f*cked up government. Mark my word... Soon bro, sooonnn...
And yes, I just replied you now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Imo Assembly To Impeach Deputy Governor Over N458m Contract Scam / Analysing Adebayo Shittu, The Speculated Minister From Oyo State. / Justice Ngwuta’s Trial: FG Sacks Top Lawyer Over Conduct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.