Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala (10410 Views)

Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed / We Will Negotiate With Genuine Boko Haram If We Take Over Power-by Lai Mohammed / We Will Negotiate With Genuine Boko Haram If We Take Over Power-lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 17, 2012
When I grow up, I want to be a cabal.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Ukpaianthony(m): 1:59pm On Aug 17, 2012
Good luck's government is a constellation of junks,they don't ve good brain even the most reverend Iweala woe to those who worship her,she is bad as the Boko haram,I remember all her blabbing on hw Subsidy fund will be used,where re we today
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:01pm On Aug 17, 2012
The Problem with the English Language is more times than most it is eitehr used to prolong meaningless arguments or to deceive the mindless, gullible and blissfully ignorant (if that is possible).

I have folded, this woman will be the death of Nigeria (at least suck the last and final blood)

[size=30pt]
egregious: outstandingly bad; flagrant: an egregious lie
[/size]

used in an appropriate sentence

… the public perception is that too many corporate executives have committed egregious breaches of trust by cooking the books, shading the truth, and enriching themselves with huge stock-option profits while shareholders suffered breathtaking losses. —John A. Byrne et al., Business Week, 6 May 2002
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 17, 2012
These people have no regard for the masses. Now I see why they removed subsidy instead of fighting the cabal.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Dollarman101: 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2012
Which kind people be dis? The way you guys construe a story makes me shiver. I'm tempted to believe that some of us think through the anus.
Before our very eyes, the govt is hitting the oil cabal hard with probes, trials and attempts to withdraw subsidy. The finance minister is working hard daily to make sure that monies are not stolen again through subsidy management. Before payments are made, there must have been serious verifications and due process causing delays in payment. Again, there is a need to implement the AIG committee report.

The cabal is not happy with these rigorous processes and the move to enorce AIG. They want to throw us back to the old order of over invoicing and embezzlement of subsidy claims. They started this strike with a view to causing pressure on govt to release their claims immediately without adherence to due process and the implementation of the probe report. The end result is the conspiracy that has led to the resurfacing of long queues.

What then will a responsive govt do? Shut its eyes to the long queues and continue on their sanctions on oil marketers? No.
Okonjo Iweala,, God bless her, has singled out some oil marketers with little infractions on the subsidy regime for negotiation. these marketers are those whoose sins are not much in the subsidy scandal. The negotiation wil take the form of plea bargaining. Refund us so and so while we pay you so and so inorder for the masses to have fuel.
The major looters, especially those who collected money without importing fuel, will still continue to face the full wrath of the law.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by DExplorer1: 2:15pm On Aug 17, 2012
Dollarman101: Which kind people be dis? The way you guys construe a story makes me shiver. I'm tempted to believe that some of us think through the anus.
Before our very eyes, the govt is hitting the oil cabal hard with probes, trials and attempts to withdraw subsidy. The finance minister is working hard daily to make sure that monies are not stolen again through subsidy management. Before payments are made, there must have been serious verifications and due process causing delays in payment. Again, there is a need to implement the AIG committee report.

The cabal is not happy with these rigorous processes and the move to enorce AIG. They want to throw us back to the old order of over invoicing and embezzlement of subsidy claims. They started this strike with a view to causing pressure on govt to release their claims immediately without adherence to due process and the implementation of the probe report. The end result is the conspiracy that has led to the resurfacing of long queues.

What then will a responsive govt do? Shut its eyes to the long queues and continue on their sanctions on oil marketers? No.
Okonjo Iweala,, God bless her, has singled out some oil marketers with little infractions on the subsidy regime for negotiation. these marketers are those whoose sins are not much in the subsidy scandal. The negotiation wil take the form of plea bargaining. Refund us so and so while we pay you so and so inorder for the masses to have fuel.
The major looters, especially those who collected money without importing fuel, will still continue to face the full wrath of the law.
I ENDORSE THIS POST
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by pankere(m): 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2012
Crime pays in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Zutchy: 2:23pm On Aug 17, 2012
PLEASE I WANT TO ASK A QUESTION,THE FACT THAT NIGERIA IS AT THE MERCY OF A CABAL THAT CAN CAUSE FUEL SCARCITY IN THE COUNTRY AS A WHOLE AT WILL,PLS IS THAT THE FAULT OF THIS MINISTER OR GOVT. OR IS IT THE FAULT OF PAST GOVERNMENTS THAT REFUSED TO UPGRADE AND REPAIR OUR REFINERIES,OR BUILD NEW ONES,SO THAT NIGERIA DOES NOT HAVE TO DEPEND ON IMPORTED FUEL.IF THE GOVT SHOULD IGNORE THESE MARKETERS AND TELL THEM TO DO THEIR WORST THEY ARE CAPABLE OF PUTTING THIS COUNTRY IN LOCKDOWN,THEY JUST MADE A WARNING MOVE AND LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED IN ABUJA.ANYBODY THAT SAYS THE MINISTER IS WRONG TO DIOLOGUE WITH THEM DID NOT SEE OR EXPERIENCE WHAT PEOPLE ARE PASSING THROUGH IN THE FCT.THE RESPONSIBILITY OF GOVT IS TO TRY AND FIND A BALANCE,MAKE SURE THERE IS FUEL AND AT THE SAME TIME MAKE SURE THESE CRIMINALS DON'T GO FREE.THANK GOD THAT THIS GOVT IS FINALLY PUSHING OUR REFINERIES TO 100% CAPACITY AND THEY HAVE ALREADY CONCLUDED PLANS FOR NEW REFINERIES,THESE MARKETERS THER DAYZ ARE NUMBERED,I CANT WAIT TO SAY GOOD RIDDIANCE TO BAD RUBBISH.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 17, 2012
^
Guy how you wan defend this thing na.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Kobojunkie: 2:26pm On Aug 17, 2012
val_dee: When I grow up, I want to be a cabal.

this gives me an idea. . . maybe we should create an Ad with kids saying things like the above . . . .
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Bukkyade: 2:44pm On Aug 17, 2012
youngies:

We won't succumb to blackmail

Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala also said that the long queues that have resurfaced in Abuja, the Nigerian capital, were not enough reasons for the FG to negotiate with some marketers whom she described as blackmailers.

"But for some of those who are bent on blackmailing the Federal Government even though they have committed very serious infractions in the subsidy claim we are not willing to pay them when they have not cleared their case," she said.

Majority of readers on this thread did not bother to go through this before posting their comments. The so called negotiation is for national interest so as to end the long queues and save the masses of further hardship. The real thieves in the subsidy scandal will still not go unpunished. The negotiation is not for everybody as the above paragraph suggest.

It is for the few who have no serious case against them. The govt will settle them and they will proceed to supply fuel. But the blackmailers and fraudulent marketers indicted by AIG will have to clear their case before payments.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by kensandrea: 2:52pm On Aug 17, 2012
EVERY TIME NIGERIA AND AMNESTY/NEGOTIATIONS WAT KIND OF COUNTRY IS THIS NEGOTIATING WITH CRIMINALS LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL DIS RILY PAINFUL
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by kliverpool(m): 3:01pm On Aug 17, 2012
fG should remove the subsidy completely
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Htown64(m): 3:08pm On Aug 17, 2012
Infraction NOI wants to change it for naija with grammer!
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Chubhie: 3:08pm On Aug 17, 2012
an egregious mistake, failure, problem etc is extremely bad and noticeable
In other words, madame is saying that the cabals that did their own deals coded will yet be rewarded and those whose deals are noticeable will probably be prosecuted....Madame in your dealings with the cabals please ensure you put national interest above personal interest and posterity will judge you well. By all means this country must move forward to greater heights.....The end justifies the means.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Htown64(m): 3:09pm On Aug 17, 2012
Infraction? NOI wants to change it for naija with grammer!
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by rash47(m): 3:11pm On Aug 17, 2012
Haba madam prime minister, with all d so called havard nd mit acquired knowledge thats all u can give us-glorifying corruption I will say. This system is certainly not working,our laws in this country is only for d weaker mortals.

Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Sirmee(m): 3:14pm On Aug 17, 2012
I can't help but weep for this once giant of africa...GEJ is a total failure.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by manmade(m): 3:20pm On Aug 17, 2012
greaterlove: Hate me or not but I think its high time government implement full deregulation of pms, thereby they won't be paying subsidy to any marketer.
Here cometh the Daniel of our time !. Many were called but only few were given the brain to solve problems, u are one of the few.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by DExplorer1: 3:25pm On Aug 17, 2012
Sirmee: I can't help but weep for this once giant of africa...GEJ is a total failure.
Pls., don't say that! Support this government, it's been challenging. Note that he has got until 2019 before you conclude.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by bakila: 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2012
onatisii:
why should it be on the front page?u guess should leave this mods alone nd lets stop dictating to them what topic should be on front page
Your hands are very obvious. Are you laptop no. 33?
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by bakila: 3:28pm On Aug 17, 2012
D-Explorer:
Pls., don't say that! Support this government, it's been challenging. Note that he has got until 2019 before you conclude.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Pukkah: 3:29pm On Aug 17, 2012
Some things here are as clear as daylight:

1. The marketers were indicted.
2. The marketers had 'little' infractions.
3. The Minister did not state what the infractions were.
4. The infractions are not favourable to Nigeria.
5. The marketers have not been punished for the infractions.
6. From available information, subsidy payments went up from N300b to about N1.3trillion in 2011 shocked. No one in government has been able to incontrovertibly and clearly explain this obvious anomaly. It is safe to assume that it is in the custody of the indicted marketers. We are not sure if they were fronting for the government or for themselves. But with the shoddy way the subsidy investigations have been handled, your guess is as good as mine. lipsrsealed

7. The marketers are not friends of Nigeria. Thus, they are enemies of Nigeria.
8. The statement below which was credited to the Minister is demeaning and insulting to Nigerians:

"Those whose infractions may be considered not so egregious, we will be talking to them and if they are willing to talk to us, we will also be willing to settle their claims and they can go on importing," Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala said.

9. The government can get other marketers to import fuel.

So what is there to defend in this? O ye members of the 'I-must-defend-government-at-all-costs group. Does being a government minion turn you into a m.oron?

On this one, the government lapdogs and unthinking sycophants should simply shut up or abandon this thread and not insult our intelligence.

1 Like

Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by inspbado(m): 3:35pm On Aug 17, 2012
I don't understand;can't the government license new marketers who are willing to play by the rules;revoke the licences of existing ones who're blackmailing the govt and if they go to court, govt can adduce evidence(at least we keep on hearing about an audit carried out and the indictments made by the "committee"set up to investigate the subsidy payments) to prove breach of contract on the part of the marketers. I believe the foregoing should be done rather than let a few selfish individuals hold a nation to ransom,because the danger is that, if this so called negotiation is done, then anybody or institution with a bit of leverage on the govt will just hold the nation to ransom everytime.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by DExplorer1: 3:35pm On Aug 17, 2012
bakila:
With or without your VOTE
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by manmade(m): 3:41pm On Aug 17, 2012
D-Explorer:
This' for the Nation's interest. The looming fuel scarcity will be a severe one if dialogue is not considered. These marketers has been officially ordered to make a refund of the excess in their care even if not all but the positive side of this hiccups is that certain companies will lose their position on the government's scale of preference for integrity sake. This has NOTHING to do with whether GEJ will be indicted or not which we all know that he has kept a clean sheet in regards. The option to negotiate is in the best interest of Nigerians. The faceoff between the legislature and the executive is dragging the progress of this country and that should be halted. Again, the decision to dialogue is of NATIONAL INTEREST and no doubt the drama that has played out in the last few months has made facts so glaring to Nigerians and that will make the executive act accordingly in regards to dealing with marketers and most assuredly those with integrity.
I seconded your opinion,another smart brain identified here.

1 Like

Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Ibman: 3:41pm On Aug 17, 2012
These people are just fulling nigerians, this is part of their game plan and its working for them. GEJ, NOI, SLS and DAM wil milk dis country dry until it's unable to lactate b4 2015.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by manmade(m): 3:53pm On Aug 17, 2012
inspbado: I don't understand;can't the government license new marketers who are willing to play by the rules;revoke the licences of existing ones who're blackmailing the govt and if they go to court, govt can adduce evidence(at least we keep on hearing about an audit carried out and the indictments made by the "committee"set up to investigate the subsidy payments) to prove breach of contract on the part of the marketers. I believe the foregoing should be done rather than let a few selfish individuals hold a nation to ransom,because the danger is that, if this so called negotiation is done, then anybody or institution with a bit of leverage on the govt will just hold the nation to ransom everytime.
nice one here ,thanks for bin a problem solver & not a lamentator.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by manmade(m): 4:07pm On Aug 17, 2012
inspbado: I don't understand;can't the government license new marketers who are willing to play by the rules;revoke the licences of existing ones who're blackmailing the govt and if they go to court, govt can adduce evidence(at least we keep on hearing about an audit carried out and the indictments made by the "committee"set up to investigate the subsidy payments) to prove breach of contract on the part of the marketers. I believe the foregoing should be done rather than let a few selfish individuals hold a nation to ransom,because the danger is that, if this so called negotiation is done, then anybody or institution with a bit of leverage on the govt will just hold the nation to ransom everytime.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by manmade(m): 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2012
Pukkah: Some things here are as clear as daylight:

1. The marketers were indicted.
2. The marketers had 'little' infractions.
3. The Minister did not state what the infractions were.
4. The infractions are not favourable to Nigeria.
5. The marketers have not been punished for the infractions.
6. From available information, subsidy payments went up from N300b to about N1.3trillion in 2011 shocked. No one in government has been able to incontrovertibly and clearly explain this obvious anomaly. It is safe to assume that it is in the custody of the indicted marketers. We are not sure if they were fronting for the government or for themselves. But with the shoddy way the subsidy investigations have been handled, your guess is as good as mine. lipsrsealed

7. The marketers are not friends of Nigeria. Thus, they are enemies of Nigeria.
8. The statement below which was credited to the Minister is demeaning and insulting to Nigerians:

9. The government can get other marketers to import fuel.

So what is there to defend in this? O ye members of the 'I-must-defend-government-at-all-costs group. Does being a government minion turn you into a m.oron?

On this one, the government lapdogs and unthinking sycophants should simply shut up or abandon this thread and not insult our intelligence.
negotiation is necessary to help retrieve our money from those that are not seriously indicted while others will face the music.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by lacasa: 4:26pm On Aug 17, 2012
Nxt time vote fσr a man who had Shoes undecided
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by DCAT: 4:38pm On Aug 17, 2012
lunatic of a minister...... morfucker.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

[picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos / Analysing Adebayo Shittu, The Speculated Minister From Oyo State. / NCC Remits N70 Billion Into Federation Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.