Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,212 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala (10411 Views)

Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed / We Will Negotiate With Genuine Boko Haram If We Take Over Power-by Lai Mohammed / We Will Negotiate With Genuine Boko Haram If We Take Over Power-lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by rapmike(m): 4:50pm On Aug 17, 2012
we are negotiating with ppl that suppose to go to jail and their business seized and taken over by responsible ppl. aint fraudsters punished by law to go to jail?yet our minister of financyyyy has deemed it fit to dialogue with them seriously i have to comment to give at all. or wat do u want me to say with an obvious situation? undecided undecided undecided
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by hakymbiyiyaho: 4:59pm On Aug 17, 2012
cry cryMERCY OF THE LORD COME DOWNA TO YOUR PEOPLE MERCY OF THE LORD COME DOWNA TO YOUR PEOPLE

ANU OLUWA SOKALE LAWA OMO RE MBERE!!

ONE DAY SHA
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 17, 2012
Silly people messing up the nation. So, nobody is jailed for the subsidy crime?
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by 2omo: 5:44pm On Aug 17, 2012
Our government is busy negotiating with everybody Boko Haram,Fuel cabal, Lawal/Otedola etc in the name of peace. Posterity will judge everything they do. Note very well that you cannot deceive God & Nigerians u can only deceive Yourselve(s).
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by zakkyboy: 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2012
Now that the marketers have down tools, Nigerians are suffering the consequences. Isn't it better to search for an amicable resolution to this crisis? Me think the minister of finance has done well in opening door of negotiation to the marketers.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2012
zakkyboy: Now that the marketers have down tools, Nigerians are suffering the consequences. Isn't it better to search for an amicable resolution to this crisis? Me think the minister of finance has done well in opening door of negotiation to the marketers.
Build refineries!
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by kjhova(m): 6:07pm On Aug 17, 2012
@D-Explorer & his mates, I figure you guys mean well. But you are simply deluded. The fact that FGN is negotiating with the so called cabal says much for the govts weakness in fighting corruption. There are sound business men who can take the place of the cabal in handling fuel imports if the govt can guarantee level playing field.

To stretch it, if this administration could clean up NNPC, she alone could even import all our fuel requirements for the next 3yrs pending when we shore up our local production.

But why am I wasting time, the cabal is the FGN is the cabal!!
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Gbawe: 6:51pm On Aug 17, 2012
kj_hova: @D-Explorer & his mates, I figure you guys mean well. But you are simply deluded. The fact that FGN is negotiating with the so called cabal says much for the govts weakness in fighting corruption. There are sound business men who can take the place of the cabal in handling fuel imports if the govt can guarantee level playing field.

To stretch it, if this administration could clean up NNPC, she alone could even import all our fuel requirements for the next 3yrs pending when we shore up our local production.

But why am I wasting time, the cabal is the FGN is the cabal!!

This is the simple truth and any back-and-forth with the Nairaland apologists of this Government is a waste of time. The Government is indeed the cabal. GEJ, Allison-Madueke et al are the biggest culprits in the subsidy scam. The biggest open secret in the world is the source of the massive funds that 'poured' in to buy the desperate 2011 ambition of team GEJ. They all knew how much they will loot once they have gained substantive power. To that end, they were willing to loot all coffers (ECA et al) and and carry out any scam at all to 'win' the Presidency. I.e the ultimate tool of wanton looting and partisan disbursal of Nigeria's wealth. Anyone who thinks this Government is not inextricably linked with the subsidy scam simply needs to go around with the words "world's biggest fool" on their forehead for the next two years.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Bukkyade: 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2012
Gbawe:

This is the simple truth and any back-and-forth with the Nairaland apologists of this Government is a waste of time. The Government is indeed the cabal. GEJ, Allison-Madueke et al are the biggest culprits in the subsidy scam. The biggest open secret in the world is the source of the massive funds that 'poured' in to buy the desperate 2011 ambition of team GEJ. They all knew how much they will loot once they have gained substantive power. To that end, they were willing to loot all coffers (ECA et al) and and carry out any scam at all to 'win' the Presidency. I.e the ultimate tool of wanton looting and partisan disbursal of Nigeria's wealth. Anyone who thinks this Government is not inextricably linked with the subsidy scam simply needs to go around with the words "world's biggest fool" on their forehead for the next two years.
Mr. GBAWE, how can you ever say that GEJ and Allison Madueke are the cabal. The identity of the cabal are not hidden since the subsidy reports broke out. They are common knowledge. Mention any one out of these companies that can be linked directly or indirectly to Jonathan or Diezani.1.

1. Petroleum Ltd 2. MRS Oil and Gas Co. Ltd 3. Aiteco Energy Ltd 4. Eterna Plc 5. Forte Oil Plc 6. Rahamaniya 7. Sahara Energy Ltd 8. Oando Plc 9. Folawiyo Energy Ltd 10. Geacon Energy Ltd 11. Northwest Petroleum and Gas Ltd 12. Venro Energy Ltd 13. Brittania-U Nigeria Ltd 14. Lloyds Energy Ltd 15. Majope Investment Ltd 16. African Petroleum Plc 17. Masters Energy Oil and Gas Ltd 18. Pvn Capital Ltd 19. Sirius Taglient Ltd

20. Tempo Energy Ltd 21. Bodej Investment Ltd 22. Practoil Ltd 23. Avidor Oil and Gas Company Ltd 24. Colbert Energy Ltd 25. July Seventh Oil and Gas Ltd 26. Mecuria Global Energy 27. Moats Oil and Gas Ltd 28. Rainoil Ltd 29. Xalon Petroleum Ltd 30. Xavier Energy Nig Ltd 31. KMCL 32. First Independent Nig Ltd 33. Tahill and Tahill Nig Ltd 34. Aquitane Oil and Gass 35. Quagga Oils Ltd 36. Reliance Petroleum Ltd 37. Crustream Nig Ltd 38. Dan Oil and Petrochemical Ltd 39. Midas Oil and Gas Ltd

40. Nupeng Venturers Ltd 41. Vita Cam Services 42. Viva Energy Ltd 43. Tamil and Tamil Nig Ltd 44. Fargo Int. Ltd 45. Mezcor Sa 46. Absaf Petroleum and Company Ltd 47. Delmar Petroleum Company Ltd 48. Tamzila Petroleum Company Ltd 49. A.A Rano Nig Ltd 50. Fatgems Pet Co. Ltd
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Gbawe: 9:25pm On Aug 17, 2012
Bukkyade:
Mr. GBAWE, how can you ever say that GEJ and Allison Madueke are the cabal. The identity of the cabal are not hidden since the subsidy reports broke out. They are common knowledge. Mention any one out of these companies that can be linked directly or indirectly to Jonathan or Diezani.1.

1. Petroleum Ltd 2. MRS Oil and Gas Co. Ltd 3. Aiteco Energy Ltd 4. Eterna Plc 5. Forte Oil Plc 6. Rahamaniya 7. Sahara Energy Ltd 8. Oando Plc 9. Folawiyo Energy Ltd 10. Geacon Energy Ltd 11. Northwest Petroleum and Gas Ltd 12. Venro Energy Ltd 13. Brittania-U Nigeria Ltd 14. Lloyds Energy Ltd 15. Majope Investment Ltd 16. African Petroleum Plc 17. Masters Energy Oil and Gas Ltd 18. Pvn Capital Ltd 19. Sirius Taglient Ltd

20. Tempo Energy Ltd 21. Bodej Investment Ltd 22. Practoil Ltd 23. Avidor Oil and Gas Company Ltd 24. Colbert Energy Ltd 25. July Seventh Oil and Gas Ltd 26. Mecuria Global Energy 27. Moats Oil and Gas Ltd 28. Rainoil Ltd 29. Xalon Petroleum Ltd 30. Xavier Energy Nig Ltd 31. KMCL 32. First Independent Nig Ltd 33. Tahill and Tahill Nig Ltd 34. Aquitane Oil and Gass 35. Quagga Oils Ltd 36. Reliance Petroleum Ltd 37. Crustream Nig Ltd 38. Dan Oil and Petrochemical Ltd 39. Midas Oil and Gas Ltd

40. Nupeng Venturers Ltd 41. Vita Cam Services 42. Viva Energy Ltd 43. Tamil and Tamil Nig Ltd 44. Fargo Int. Ltd 45. Mezcor Sa 46. Absaf Petroleum and Company Ltd 47. Delmar Petroleum Company Ltd 48. Tamzila Petroleum Company Ltd 49. A.A Rano Nig Ltd 50. Fatgems Pet Co. Ltd

My guy, I am not interested in any back-and-forth with you or any other fan of those who cause the problems and yet pretend to be part of the solution. Repeat the nonsense above as many times as you want to. That changes nothing for bright Nigerians who know that it is the saboteurs and enemies of Nigeria , because of the bastardized joke our nation now is, who are empowered , by a very evil system, to deceive the entire world that they are seeking solutions.

Open your eyes. The enemies of the common man are winning with their weak, corrupt, clueless, simpleton-like and hedonistic impositions. You just saw your Country display its worst Olympic performance in recent history. You think that is not a sign of the times and undoubted proof of how we don't have solutions providers leading us? Real leaders conquer and defeat cabals/blackmailers/extortionists et al.

Look around you. Monumental insecurity, toxic ethnic division, nauseating corruption and imminent civil strife all show that things are very bad yet folks like you keep writing the sort of self-deluding garbage that leaves me convinced Nigeria is doomed.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by cap28: 9:45pm On Aug 17, 2012
2goodbobo: We need change in this country and the only way we can attain that change is through violent revolution. A revolution that will do away with all the corrupt elites of this country.

it aint gonna happen in our lifetime - maybe our great grandchildren's, but not ours.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by bigmaut: 9:52pm On Aug 17, 2012
To be frank i regret been a nigerian,my heart bleed when i heard this kind of preposterous happening evryday?God!why my country
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Chubhie: 10:01pm On Aug 17, 2012
bigmaut: To be frank i regret been a nigerian,my heart bleed when i heard this kind of preposterous happening evryday?God!why my country
My guy nor let naija mata wound you o...if your shock absorber nor fit carry am,jeje stay away from all naija news...This are just the few that made its way into the public domain..If this politricians will just one day be honest and release the full gist on happenings all men go just fall in for aso rock and burn the place down.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by flexdee(m): 10:47pm On Aug 17, 2012
Honestly there's no future with GEJ led administration and his f*cking cabinet, they've got nothing to offer. Nigeria is screwed up.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by mbhs139(m): 11:02pm On Aug 17, 2012
Pukkah: Some things here are as clear as daylight:

1. The marketers were indicted.
2. The marketers had 'little' infractions.
3. The Minister did not state what the infractions were.
4. The infractions are not favourable to Nigeria.
5. The marketers have not been punished for the infractions.
6. From available information, subsidy payments went up from N300b to about N1.3trillion in 2011 shocked. No one in government has been able to incontrovertibly and clearly explain this obvious anomaly. It is safe to assume that it is in the custody of the indicted marketers. We are not sure if they were fronting for the government or for themselves. But with the shoddy way the subsidy investigations have been handled, your guess is as good as mine. lipsrsealed

7. The marketers are not friends of Nigeria. Thus, they are enemies of Nigeria.
8. The statement below which was credited to the Minister is demeaning and insulting to Nigerians:

9. The government can get other marketers to import fuel.

So what is there to defend in this? O ye members of the 'I-must-defend-government-at-all-costs group. Does being a government minion turn you into a m.oron?

On this one, the government lapdogs and unthinking sycophants should simply shut up or abandon this thread and not insult our intelligence.

the bolded at No 9 said it all. and it is burtressed by the bolded below

don't understand;[b]can't the government license new marketers who are willing to play by the rules;[/b]revoke the licences of existing ones who're blackmailing the govt and if they go to court, govt can adduce evidence(at least we keep on hearing about an audit carried out and the indictments made by the "committee"set up to investigate the subsidy payments) to prove breach of contract on the part of the marketers. I believe the foregoing should be done rather than let a few selfish individuals hold a nation to ransom,because the danger is that, if this so called negotiation is done, then anybody or institution with a bit of leverage on the govt will just hold the nation to ransom everytime.

same thought here too.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 18, 2012
where is hurricane sanusi when you need him?

sanusi would not have stood for this crap, even though a lot of the posters wringing their hands would have joined cabal apologists in accusing him of an aboki agenda

i'm sure there are provisions in the constitution for dealing with this
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by VolvoS60(m): 10:19am On Aug 18, 2012
There are several posters on these boards I have learnt from over the years. I have marvelled at their persuasive, articulate, well reasoned arguments on nearly every issue under the sun. The majority of these posters are fairly decent people who want a Nigeria that WORKS.

Unfortunately for them, the battle for the soul of Nigeria will not be won by fiery rhetoric on the world wide web.

No.

It will be won in the streets.
It will be won in the town hall meetings.
It will be won in the churches, mosques and shrines.

It will be won in Nigeria's villages and her urban ghettos, where millions of souls (who do not know what a computer looks like) eke out a miserable existence, selling their votes for peanuts every election year.

Sir/Madam, drop your laptop for a while and engage your fellow Nigerians. The REAL ones. Ask them if they are truly better after 12 years of a PDP-led executive and a PDP-controlled legislature? And if they are not, what will they do, come 2015 (assuming Nigeria still exists and/or a national conference is not called before then?)

Make the case for a change and make it as persuasively as you argue here on nairaland. Challenge them with the facts. Tailor your argument to your audience but make your point as precisely as possible.

Get involved!!
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Zutchy: 11:41am On Aug 18, 2012
Gbawe:

My guy, I am not interested in any back-and-forth with you or any other fan of those who cause the problems and yet pretend to be part of the solution. Repeat the nonsense above as many times as you want to. That changes nothing for bright Nigerians who know that it is the saboteurs and enemies of Nigeria , because of the bastardized joke our nation now is, who are empowered , by a very evil system, to deceive the entire world that they are seeking solutions.

Open your eyes. The enemies of the common man are winning with their weak, corrupt, clueless, simpleton-like and hedonistic impositions. You just saw your Country display its worst Olympic performance in recent history. You think that is not a sign of the times and undoubted proof of how we don't have solutions providers leading us? Real leaders conquer and defeat cabals/blackmailers/extortionists et al.

Look around you. Monumental insecurity, toxic ethnic division, nauseating corruption and imminent civil strife all show that things are very bad yet folks like you keep writing the sort of self-deluding garbage that leaves me convinced Nigeria is doomed.
This is not about self delusion,but a matter of facts on Ground,I totally believe in Okonjo Iweala,she is one person who totally has the interest of this country at hearth,and secondly she is not a career politician like so many of the ones we have,and one thing I know for sure is the fact that she will never go along with anything that has any taint of corruption involved,let's put a little trust in her decision to negotiate with the marketers,I believe it is for the best interest of the public.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Zutchy: 11:57am On Aug 18, 2012
Pukkah: Some things here are as clear as daylight:

1. The marketers were indicted.
2. The marketers had 'little' infractions.
3. The Minister did not state what the infractions were.
4. The infractions are not favourable to Nigeria.
5. The marketers have not been punished for the infractions.
6. From available information, subsidy payments went up from N300b to about N1.3trillion in 2011 shocked. No one in government has been able to incontrovertibly and clearly explain this obvious anomaly. It is safe to assume that it is in the custody of the indicted marketers. We are not sure if they were fronting for the government or for themselves. But with the shoddy way the subsidy investigations have been handled, your guess is as good as mine. lipsrsealed

7. The marketers are not friends of Nigeria. Thus, they are enemies of Nigeria.
8. The statement below which was credited to the Minister is demeaning and insulting to Nigerians:

9. The government can get other marketers to import fuel.

So what is there to defend in this? O ye members of the 'I-must-defend-government-at-all-costs group. Does being a government minion turn you into a m.oron?

On this one, the government lapdogs and unthinking sycophants should simply shut up or abandon this thread and not insult our intelligence.
They should license other marketers to import fuel,do you know how long a process it is to for them to submit their bids,then their capacity and ability to deliver is verified,then they are given the license to import,they then go overseas and buy the fuel then transport it down to Nigeria,offload then distribute,do you know how long all this takes,in the meantime Nigerians will be here and suffering or passing through the hardship induced by fuel scarcity and yet the products will be in tankers just off shore idling away and we will be waiting for the ones coming all the way from France and Uk and netherlands,you check it and you will understand why the minister has taken the alternative option,which is to bargain with the marketers who have as little infractions as possible,in order to stave off panic,you seem to have forgotten so quickly what fuel scarcity is like especially when it is induced and well manipulated.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by 1025: 12:03pm On Aug 18, 2012
this is a good news/development. we are getting what we want/deserve. if the likes of Pastor Bakare, nigerians will be asking how a man of God will be talking about politics so let us fold our arms and watch these devils destroy us.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Pukkah: 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2012
Zutchy: They should license other marketers to import fuel,do you know how long a process it is to for them to submit their bids,then their capacity and ability to deliver is verified,then they are given the license to import,they then go overseas and buy the fuel then transport it down to Nigeria,offload then distribute,do you know how long all this takes,in the meantime Nigerians will be here and suffering or passing through the hardship induced by fuel scarcity and yet the products will be in tankers just off shore idling away and we will be waiting for the ones coming all the way from France and Uk and netherlands,you check it and you will understand why the minister has taken the alternative option,which is to bargain with the marketers who have as little infractions as possible,in order to stave off panic,you seem to have forgotten so quickly what fuel scarcity is like especially when it is induced and well manipulated.

Is there any reason why a couple of other marketers have not been selected since all this subsidy saga broke? Even if they (the government) were not proactive to have a Plan B in place, do you know how long the threats of sabotage have been on? What were they thinking all this while?

Also, are you saying that all the oil importers in Nigeria were found wanting and guilty of infractions? There is no present alternative to the band of saboteurs and criminals that the government is negotiating with? Do you realize the moral backlash and implications of this negotiation on Nigerians - young and old alike?

Governance is not for the weak or the faint-hearted. It is for the best and the brightest of us. The demands on leadership are strenuous and rigorous.

Let the array of government officials - ministers, ministers of state, special assistants, special advisers, senior special assistants, permanent secretaries, directors, directors-generals and a host of others earn their keep. What the country is spending on them is not commensurate with the productivity and tardiness we are seeing; and which you're justifying.

They have not handled this well. That is the truth. There is nothing there to spin.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by oc2fish: 10:16pm On Aug 18, 2012
I cry for my beloved country. If we are to negotiate with looters we are done for.
if the looters were jailed i belive Nigerian can wait for the new importers and
this will bring sernity to the polity but if they are let to go we will become
laughing stock for all to see. Imagine committing this kind of crime against your
country in places like US, UK and China. I amweping for my beloved nija, if this
few are busy looting what belong to our children and we as youth adult keep on looking
we are in trouble.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by jpphilips(m): 8:21am On Aug 22, 2012
Zutchy: PLEASE I WANT TO ASK A QUESTION,THE FACT THAT NIGERIA IS AT THE MERCY OF A CABAL THAT CAN CAUSE FUEL SCARCITY IN THE COUNTRY AS A WHOLE AT WILL,PLS IS THAT THE FAULT OF THIS MINISTER OR GOVT. OR IS IT THE FAULT OF PAST GOVERNMENTS THAT REFUSED TO UPGRADE AND REPAIR OUR REFINERIES,OR BUILD NEW ONES,SO THAT NIGERIA DOES NOT HAVE TO DEPEND ON IMPORTED FUEL.IF THE GOVT SHOULD IGNORE THESE MARKETERS AND TELL THEM TO DO THEIR WORST THEY ARE CAPABLE OF PUTTING THIS COUNTRY IN LOCKDOWN,THEY JUST MADE A WARNING MOVE AND LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED IN ABUJA.ANYBODY THAT SAYS THE MINISTER IS WRONG TO DIOLOGUE WITH THEM DID NOT SEE OR EXPERIENCE WHAT PEOPLE ARE PASSING THROUGH IN THE FCT.THE RESPONSIBILITY OF GOVT IS TO TRY AND FIND A BALANCE,MAKE SURE THERE IS FUEL AND AT THE SAME TIME MAKE SURE THESE CRIMINALS DON'T GO FREE.THANK GOD THAT THIS GOVT IS FINALLY PUSHING OUR REFINERIES TO 100% CAPACITY AND THEY HAVE ALREADY CONCLUDED PLANS FOR NEW REFINERIES,THESE MARKETERS THER DAYZ ARE NUMBERED,I CANT WAIT TO SAY GOOD RIDDIANCE TO BAD RUBBISH.

how long do you think it takes to fix a refinery? 1yr? 2yrs? 3yrs, pick a guess? do you think joboy has not stayed long enough? pick another guess.

this Govt is pushing your refineries to 100%? so you claimed, do you really understand what fuel scarcity is? even a goat would sound reasonable. in case you have collected your sallah alawi as a member of 40 laptops, if at all our refineries have any capacity, we wont even notice that importers are on strike, the presence of queue means that, YOU HAVE NO REFINERIES.you are just at the mercy of importers, lol now thank me and refund your sallah alawi
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by jpphilips(m): 8:27am On Aug 22, 2012
kliverpool: fG should remove the subsidy completely

remove it completely then what? focus on another sector for inefficiency? though this is your opinion and should be respected but believe me, you have no idea how it feels being intelligent, you are missing a lot bro.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by jpphilips(m): 8:30am On Aug 22, 2012
manmade: Here cometh the Daniel of our time !. Many were called but only few were given the brain to solve problems, u are one of the few.

imagine if everyone stayed out of school to avoid solving Algebra?? you lack the depth for rational reasoning, see a shrink
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by jpphilips(m): 8:50am On Aug 22, 2012
Bukkyade:

can you tell us who gave the final approval for all these companies to be registered and to what end?

do you know that there was an embargo to the registration of such companies during the OBJ era?
why was there an embargo?

why did someone chose to remove the embargo to welcome unscrupulous institutions that committed the biggest fraud in Nigeria's history? does it mean we were not using fuel during the Embargo?

do you know the criteria for oil lifting in Nigeria?

do you know how many of those companies you mentioned above that meets such criteria?

why was 70% of those companies licensed less than 1yr to the elections?

if you can answer the above questions then you will understand where Gbawe is coming from, any attempt to defend what you don't understand will give you a brown teeth on the day of reckoning.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2012
jp philips:

can you tell us who gave the final approval for all these companies to be registered and to what end?

do you know that there was an embargo to the registration of such companies during the OBJ era?

why did someone chose to remove the embargo to welcome unscrupulous institutions that committed the biggest fraud in Nigeria's history? does it mean we were not using fuel during the Embargo?

do you know how many of those companies you mentioned above that meets such criteria?

if you can answer the above questions then you will understand where Gbawe is coming from, any attempt to defend what you don't understand will give you a brown teeth on the day of reckoning.
The truth is that average Nigerians on the street are audiences to the theatrical plays of the government.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2012
jp philips:

The truth is that average Nigerians on the street are audiences to the theatrical plays of the government.
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by jpphilips(m): 1:58pm On Aug 28, 2012
all4naija: The truth is that average Nigerians on the street are audiences to the theatrical plays of the government.

so pathetic
Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Kobojunkie: 2:14pm On Aug 28, 2012
Nigerian refineries are today no better than they were about 12 years ago. It has recently been revealed that the refineries are still working at 25% capacity, the level it was at about the first Obasanjo term(in the PDP).

http://www.punchng.com/news/two-of-nigerias-refineries-pack-up-others-produce-at-25-of-installed-capacity/

1 Like

Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Gbawe: 2:19pm On Aug 28, 2012
jp philips:

Thank you my brother. I am sick to death of the lack of political sophistication of Nigerians . Added to the "Stockholm syndrome" many of them suffer from, you get the hopeless, nauseatingly apologist and childishly pathetic submissions seen here daily that will test even the patience of an Angel.

What is the point , like a stubborn and self-deceiving mule, repeatedly submitting the names of 'culprits' as if the Government is an innocent victim or bystander in all this?

How many times will it be explained to Nigerians that only the FG and the NNPC have the authority to issue marketers licence? Those two sole authorities did so , very badly and disgracefully, to the extent many Companies ,without the minimum capacity, gained Marketers licence.

Now Nigerians themselves, like Bukkyade, show the world what a foolish, docile, ethnically bigoted and blindly biased people we are with how we don't even know how to perform the simplistically adult task of apportioning blame appropriately. Who licensed these rogues and criminals to operate in the first place? In virtually all Nations on earth, it is the Government, Petroleum Minister and the NNPC that will, first and foremost, face very serious sanction. That is why I am not interested in indulging another Nairalander who does not understand that it is glaringly those who caused the problem are now pretending to seek solutions.

Who frigging empowered these crooks, deliberately, in the first place? It is very depressing how Nigerians are now so hideously biased, along religous, ethnic and sectional lines, to the extent that they cannot even see what is obvious and must be appreciated if we are ever, as a people, going to rout the real plunderers and enemies , retaining relevance through their stooges like Yar Adua and GEJ, for the sake of our Nation's progress.

1 Like

Re: We Will Negotiate With Subsidy Cabal - Okonjo-iweala by Biggyd2: 3:07pm On Aug 28, 2012
And what makes anyone think that the government doesn't know the right thing to do? Question is 'will the 'right' thing favour their private pockets? Madame du World Banke, na wa o. So was this how you were practising your trade when you were in the US? Anyway this is no surprise. From day one I knew the fight was a charade-THE MORE YOU LOOK THE LESS YOU SEE. They are involded in the mess and so can do nothing to themelves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Military Operations In North Successful – FG / Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears / Nigeria At 56: Confusion In The Ranks - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.