Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,749 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation (11445 Views)

Woman Flees Nigeria To Canada To Escape FGM / Ibeyi Talk About Their Yoruba Heritage In A New Interview / Nigeria Bans Female Genital Mutilation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by JallowBah(f): 6:04pm On Aug 18, 2012
thiendella:

Have a friend who is in college with me, she was cut and says that she will do the same to her children

After having that pain done to themself, I can not understand why women want their own daughters to have the same.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by JallowBah(f): 6:09pm On Aug 18, 2012
~Royal~:
The same people getting sympathetic for FGM on little girls are the same Ignorant people who co-signed the Torturous Political Prisons Of Homosexxxuals

I do not know why someone would utter it does not happen much in Nigeria

http://www.unicef.org/nigeria/FGM_.pdf

Barbaric Backwards Behavior can't be condemned one minute, then outwardly praised the Next.

The world is changing, luckily, and you can see more and more tribes all over Africa turning against the tradition, at least in public. I have no idea how many years it will take to almost get it all gone, but I highly doubt I will live to see it.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by kandiikane(m): 6:09pm On Aug 18, 2012
Again, oh no she di-ent.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by JallowBah(f): 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

I once heard a sympathizer of those who support the act say that if more western women recieved such treatment it will lower their promiscuous tendancies....as they wont be able to enjoy sex like their male counterparts.

Smh....in otherwords sex is meant for men only. Its ok to be a wh0re as long as you carry two bag loads of sp3rm and testosterone lol.

What makes this even worse is some of the women support this. I read of an event in a rural town in Sierra Leone where the women would beat and threaten severe punishment on,repatriates or home grown woman wh advocate to end FGM in that part of SL.

Crazy and barbaric. Maybe I am westernized but I can't get down with this sickness.

Thats the whole thing; In the culture, its done so the WOMAN dont enjoy sex as much as she COULD have. Its insane. Guess its lucky they dont think about the g*spot..

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by JallowBah(f): 6:15pm On Aug 18, 2012
sambos994: Sorry to butt in, but isn't this topic about *almost pukes* FGM?

Thank you.
Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by MrsChima(f): 7:58pm On Aug 18, 2012
Lmao @give Royal thinking nobody can peep his game....u aint slick nigga.
Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by naijarican(f): 8:04pm On Aug 18, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Look it up and thereafter make a youtube video of you slapping yourself 10 times!

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by MrsChima(f): 8:08pm On Aug 18, 2012
naijarican:

Everybody stay whooping Sho........ arse. Lmao.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by naijarican(f): 8:11pm On Aug 18, 2012
Shollypopz: ^^Royal broke my heart
I only speak bad about ur country if u speak bad about mine angry angry

You living in TN huh... All I know is you BET NOT say nothing bad about the U.S. when you living up over here. Whether somebody says something bad about Nigeria or not, you saw fit to come here so any comments you make about the U.S. is null and void.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by naijarican(f): 8:12pm On Aug 18, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

LMAO!!! I see. Too funny!
Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2012
*sigh*
I really wanted you 2 hv d victory as i was into d cudlemii's thread but 'Mba', ur mices won't give it a rest
There was a but in that sentence, wasn't there??!
Do i really hv to explain to grown women the meaning/function of the word "but"
If you read the statement as a whole(which is what i would expect every normal human to do), my stance is glaring!
I don't know how clearly i could have stated my statement, really!- What are you insinuating was the question??
*Gosh, i hate typing*
What you and ur dumb cosigners refuse to get is I don't care about GENITALMUTILATION anymore, the issue moved to u implying that
SL is not westernized/enlightened.
LMAO, I've made it clear from the start the whole Africa is my assumption. You keep talking about me not understanding westernization/enlightenment(lmao in Swahili).
Now, if this is ur way of dodging the issue, pls assume i know the meaning of enlightenment and explain ur last statement.
That's all i ask!! What d Bleep do you mean by, "but then again I'm enlightened"??!

I really do not get u AAs and d inferiority complex thingy, like who wants to be like an AA, #no offense but I've not met
any, and I'm sure u dnt belive that urself, C'mon AAs??
Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2012
naijarican:

You living in TN huh... All I know is you BET NOT say nothing bad about the U.S. when you living up over here. Whether somebody says something bad about Nigeria or not, you saw fit to come here so any comments you make about the U.S. is null and void.
what d heck are u going on about, woman??!!
I've not said anything bad about the US, prolly a few about AAs but not the US
pls, do not even come back with d are AAs not Americans reply....
@ bolded: What exactly are u saying, u mean u can talk trash about my country but I can't about u guys because i stay in the states??! WTF?!!
Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by sambos994(m): 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2012
Alright, just to clarify what a said earlier...

sambos994: Sorry to butt in, but isn't this topic about *almost pukes* FGM?
Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 18, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

"Everybody" except u....now, STFU and GTFOH!!
Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 18, 2012
Girl bye you are dragging this issue.

It's stale. "I don't get you AAs"...nuff said.

I talk about a specific region and specific practice, you talk about an entire people.

Inferiority complex walking on two legs is what you are.
End of discussion.
Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2012
Naijarican, just take my advise and don't even respond to her. She can't read.
lol @ what she chose to bold. grin

No need to even respond.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 18, 2012
MsDarkSkin: Girl bye you are dragging this issue.

It's stale. "I don't get you AAs"...nuff said.

I talk about a specific region and specific practice, you talk about an entire people.

Inferiority complex walking on two legs is what you are.
End of discussion.
Nah mehn, I was done but u guys brought me back!
Now, this so called enlightenment that u've been talking about. Let me ask you a question- Are u under the belief that enlightenment brought about civilization??
And what do you understand my western culture/westernization??
B4 i go on youtube to make a video about slapping myself 10 times, i want to make sure u understand d meaning, and "passage of time" the words u are using entail
Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 18, 2012
MsDarkSkin: Naijarican, just take my advise and don't even respond to her. She can't read.

No need to even respond.
"Whether somebody says something bad about Nigeria or not, you saw fit to come here so any comments you make about the U.S. is null and void".
Can someone tell me the meaning of the sentence above, u know i can't read.
Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 18, 2012
JallowBah:

Thats the whole thing; In the culture, its done so the WOMAN dont enjoy sex as much as she COULD have. Its insane. Guess its lucky they dont think about the g*spot..

Right that is the objective.
To control a woman and decide what she deserves to enjoy and do.

In the olden days as it the case in some "cultures" women are property. I am totally against that!
Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by MrsChima(f): 9:08pm On Aug 18, 2012
Shollypopz:
"Everybody" except u....now, STFU and GTFOH!!

Thank you for admitting getting whooped and a hit dog barked.

Buahhhhhhhaaha....what a vapid trick.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by MrsChima(f): 9:14pm On Aug 18, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Right that is the objective.
To control a woman and decide what she deserves to enjoy and do.

In the olden days as it the case in some "cultures" women are property. I am totally against that!

Sad thing thougb some women like beingcontrolled and the full reason of FGM was to soley deprive women so they wouldnt creep around....you see anatomy classes werent available during the ancient time so ignorant of the unknow is the culprit.....some people think it is a cultural thing and thats fine but when a person wants out...it should be their choice not to participate in that culture.

Jmo

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 18, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Thank you for admitting getting whooped and a hit dog barked.

Buahhhhhhhaaha....what a vapid trick.
lmao.... Not surprised! If u can't understand d function of 'but', did i really expect u to understand d quotation mark in that sentence??
Yeah half-witted old hag, i was whooped so bad by ermm...errmm...errmmm....No one!(hope she understands this)

lmao! silly thing!
Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by naijarican(f): 9:25pm On Aug 18, 2012
MsDarkSkin: Naijarican, just take my advise and don't even respond to her. She can't read.

No need to even respond.

LMAO... Okay advise taken. Obviously by her response, she can't read so, I'm done. LOL! I WILL NOT with that child today!

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by JallowBah(f): 9:27pm On Aug 18, 2012
sambos994:
Alright, just to clarify what a said earlier...

Not gonna help. They are in their own world. They should make a thread for bi-tch-fighting.
Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 18, 2012
naijarican:

LMAO... Okay advise taken. Obviously by her response, she can't read so, I'm done. LOL! I WILL NOT with that child today!

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 18, 2012
Shollypopz:
Nah mehn, I was done but u guys brought me back!
Now, this so called enlightenment that u've been talking about. Let me ask you a question- Are u under the belief that enlightenment brought about civilization??
And what do you understand my western culture/westernization??
B4 i go on youtube to make a video about slapping myself 10 times, i want to make sure u understand d meaning, and "passage of time" the words u are using entail

Girl, acculturation is not always about imperialism.
I see EXACTLY where you are trying to go with this.

In case you don't know:

Acculturation explains the process of cultural and psychological change that results following meeting between cultures.

The rubbing of the minds and coming to an understanding that somethings are not meant to be done...that is what I am discussing.

Again, why do you think certain tribes or ppls who used to believe in infanticide of baby girls, human sacrifice for rituals, the murdering of women who give birth to twins due to the assumption that she committed adultery and the marrying of 5-8 year old children to adults, no longer practice this? ENLIGHTENMENT.

They learned the reason they suffered high numbers of infant mortality rate and death of mothers who gave birth was attributed to the fact that thirteen year old BABIES were not designed to have babies themselves due to immaturity and the fact that their bodies are still in transition from girlhood to womanhood thus not strong enough especially to push out baby after baby in short time frames.

They learned twins are the product of the late stage splitting of conjoined or simultaneous fertilization of two separate eggs during conception.

They got to understand that the killing of another human being for any purpose other than self defense is murder. Beheading someone for their skull or buying their hide for "good luck" is barbaric and goes against the principles of nature (In other words there is no such thing as getting good luck from human sacrifice).

They learned the killing of baby girls just because "they wanted a boy" is also going against the principle of nature as the male 0rgan determines the s3x of the baby. They got to understand for any society to thrive there has to be an abundant number of females to procreate with and continue the traditions with the males but most importantly that murdering a baby because of its s3x is wrong.

Now one of those practices above pertained to YOUR ancestors if I am not mistaken. If you are up on your history you know which one I am talking about. Education and the sharing of ideas is the reason a Yoruba woman can have twins and not suffer horrific consequences due to lack of understanding about conception of multiple babies and that having s3xual relations with two men is not required to achieve this miracle.

It would devastate you if you found out it still happened and yet you chastise me for not liking something equally twisted and accuse me of attacking Africa.

You're a lost hypocritical cause.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 18, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Sad thing thougb some women like beingcontrolled and the full reason of FGM was to soley deprive women so they wouldnt creep around....[size=18pt]you see anatomy classes werent available during the ancient time so ignorant of the unknow is the culprit[/size].....some people think it is a cultural thing and thats fine but when a person wants out...it should be their choice not to participate in that culture.

Jmo

@ RED spot on.

@ enlarged THAT IS MY POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOINT! grin grin grin

ENLIGHTENMENT!
Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by naijarican(f): 9:40pm On Aug 18, 2012
Shollypopz:

LMAO... Okay Sholly, I had to like that one. That gif is HYSTERICAL!!!
Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by naijarican(f): 9:42pm On Aug 18, 2012
Shollypopz:

Matter of fact, I'm gonna "gif gank" this one. *Stolen*
Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by MrsChima(f): 9:42pm On Aug 18, 2012
Shollypopz:
lmao.... Not surprised! If u can't understand d function of 'but', did i really expect u to understand d quotation mark in that sentence??
Yeah half-witted old hag, i was whooped so bad by ermm...errmm...errmmm....No one!(hope she understands this)

lmao! silly thing!

Thats right dummy laugh it off.....and you tried to be sarcastic only to sonned yourself.

Thanks dummy.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by MrsChima(f): 9:46pm On Aug 18, 2012
Teach Ms. Darskin!!!

But u know dummies cant be taught.

Sho....proved that.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation by sambos994(m): 9:48pm On Aug 18, 2012
Oh god...the mudslinging still raging on. undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? / Igbo And Yoruba Women Who Has Best Way Of Dressing / Umumba, Umuahia Passes Vote Of No-confidence On Eze Godwin Okechukwu Ogbonna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.