Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Do You Believe In These Superstitions? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Believe In These Superstitions? (28578 Views)

Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days / Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? / Funny But True To Life Superstitions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by nyameke: 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2012
cuteonyii:

we create our own reality I totally agree. But does it mean all the reality people create and believe are all true and realistic? I answer Nope.

You just need knowledge and most importantly understand how the metaphysical works I totally agree with you. And that is the only reason why greater number of people that practice and believe in the tricks of voodoo are from the Third world countries because they lack the knowledge and most importantly the understanding on how the metaphysics works.

I strongly argue that Voodoo or magic is a trick that has formula that when followed will amaze someone who do not understand the knowledge, formula behind it.
A friend of mine who use to be a native doctor and was believed to be a powerful voodoo man use to carry a basket full of water around the village Making people to believe that he has the power to hold water in the basket. Guess what, It was all a trick. He later explained to me how it was done using a local water melon fresh juice to sill the basket and let is dry for a long time then wahooo!!!.. do your voodoo.. to me apart from local water melon which i believe they use because thats what they can afford, there are many transparent glues one can use to achieve same goal.
Tell me any single voodoo or magic and i will tell you how it works..
I'm using my phone so I will answer your contentions numerically.
1. I'm glad we agree that we create our own realities because that's a FACT and one secret kept from the masses.. people realities are created by their perceptions and subjective mind based on their acquired beliefs etc ( which unfortunately are most times faulty and limiting beliefs) and so yes I agree with your first point. Why I said earlier that atheist not believing in God does not make him non existent..

2. Voodoo works are not fake or tricks they are real. I don't see how the use metaphysical forces to manifest things in the physical makes it fake..if I use a clothing or picture of you to cast a spell on you I dont how that is a trick.. I don't think you really understand metaphysical works..
Yes there are fake voodoo priests just like there are fake pastors or magicians but it nonetheless doesn't mean all voodoo works are fake..
You are also right people are amazed about all these works and miracles because they have no knowledge of how the process works, but , the process is real.. The funny thing is most of the performers of these works also have no idea how the process works, they just know it works..

3. Your so called voodoo friend is just a trickster/pretender and played on the intelligence of gullible people that's all. There are game people everywhere including fake pastors doesn't mean all pastors are fake.
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by nyameke: 9:50pm On Aug 24, 2012
cuteonyii: The most funny part of it is that people will tell you how they saw spirit..
First of all do you know what Spirit is?.. Spirit is something you can not see or touch. It is an imaginary being. so how can you see spirit..

lol spirits are imaginary beings? Dude do you know who you are? Btw how did you come to that conclusion..
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 6:26am On Aug 25, 2012
nyameke: I'm using my phone so I will answer your contentions numerically.
1. I'm glad we agree that we create our own realities because that's a FACT and one secret kept from the masses.. people realities are created by their perceptions and subjective mind based on their acquired beliefs etc ( which unfortunately are most times faulty and limiting beliefs) and so yes I agree with your first point. Why I said earlier that atheist not believing in God does not make him non existent..
Exactly, people set their own rules, realities and believe and agree to practice in a certain way, accept things in a certain way, and as such no one will have the right to dispute any of the practice or believe. Does that make everything to seem alright .. I still answer Nope.

2. Voodoo works are not fake or tricks they are real. Did you look at the clip i posted on the site??.. The only voodoo i believe in is miracle. Every other thing is the mimic of Miracle which the only way is the use of tricks and deceit. I still challenge you to give me example of voodoo and i will tell you how it works...

3. Your so called voodoo friend is just a trickster/pretender and played on the intelligence of gullible people that's all. There are game people everywhere including fake pastors doesn't mean all pastors are fake.

The only reason why you call him trickster is because i disclosed to you the secret behind his voodoo power right?.. otherwise you would have call him one the greatest voodoo man on earth.

It is very easy easy easy to deceive a typical african man in the name of voodoo because none of them will be eager to do research on the principle behind the so called voodoo. of course they already believe and accepted only one thing that they know and believe.

I still ask why is it only in the third world countries where clueless people dominated are the only place where voodoo is strongly practice and believed.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 6:32am On Aug 25, 2012
nyameke: lol spirits are imaginary beings? Dude do you know who you are? Btw how did you come to that conclusion..

Spirit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpiritTheodor von Holst, Bertalda, Assailed by Spirits, c.1830. The English word spirit ( from Latin spiritus "breath"wink

spir·it/ˈspirit/
Noun:
The nonphysical part of a person that is the seat of emotions and character; the soul.

i hope this will help to explain what spirit is.
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by ifyalways(f): 9:42am On Aug 25, 2012
now you are being funny Onyi,Voodoo is very much practiced and is a popular religion in the Carribbean and South of US

know what? this thread is not meant for enlightening ourselves but to project your idea that voodoo does not exist on others. undecided

cuteonyii:

The only reason why you call him trickster is because i disclosed to you the secret behind his voodoo power right?.. otherwise you would have call him one the greatest voodoo man on earth.

It is very easy easy easy to deceive a typical african man in the name of voodoo because none of them will be eager to do research on the principle behind the so called voodoo. of course they already believe and accepted only one thing that they know and believe.

I still ask why is it only in the third world countries where clueless people dominated are the only place where voodoo is strongly practice and believed.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by ifyalways(f): 9:48am On Aug 25, 2012
afam4eva: I don't believe in spirits.
Which of the spirits sir?
I assume you are a Christian,do you believe the holy spirit exisits? Do you believe it's powers can be felt,even it's presence ?
I wait your answer
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by Afam4eva(m): 10:48am On Aug 25, 2012
ifyalways:
Which of the spirits sir?
I assume you are a Christian,do you believe the holy spirit exisits? Do you believe it's powers can be felt,even it's presence ?
I wait your answer
Evil spirits.
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by ifyalways(f): 10:54am On Aug 25, 2012
Afam biko o di too early to start chasing shadows. Evil spirits did what to you?

What are evil spirits and how do you identify one ?
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by nyameke: 1:44pm On Aug 25, 2012
cuteonyii:

It is very easy easy easy to deceive a typical african man in the name of voodoo because none of them will be eager to do research on the principle behind the so called voodoo. of cou rse they already believe and accepted only one thing that they know and believe.

you are still mixing apples and oranges here son. I have seen plenty of those videos you posted. It doesn't prove anything atleast as far as real magic is concerned. It only exposes the so called " magicians" pretending to do real magic.

Let me put it to you this way again real magick is different from what you think it is.. let me enlighten you a little. Real voodoo and Magick is all mental work. Real magick in essence involves the creatiing of change in reality using the power of the will . When our intentions are willed to manifest instantaneously and it happens, we call it a miracle or magical but in essence we are all magicians because all of our manifestations follows the same procedure. However not all manifestations works are instantaneous thus the ones that are deemed miraculous .. How fast you manifest your intentions is based on the power of your mental strength/focus/ and Faith/belief. It's all mental or spiritual work.

If you don't understand how the metaphysical world works, what I just described will seem like mamba jamba to you, but I really don't feel like going into details right now..just know that you can use the power of magic to do harm, heal the sick, cure all kinds of diseases, bend realities in your favor etc etc if you have the understanding of the mental/spiritual world. We can all do miracles and not just voodoo priest , pastors etc

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by nyameke: 1:49pm On Aug 25, 2012
cuteonyii:

Spirit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpiritTheodor von Holst, Bertalda, Assailed by Spirits, c.1830. The English word spirit ( from Latin spiritus "breath"wink

spir·it/ˈspirit/
Noun:
The nonphysical part of a person that is the seat of emotions and character; the soul.

i hope this will help to explain what spirit is.
ok this where I leave you in your ignorance.. what part of what you posted makes spirits imaginary or explains your stance.
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 7:17pm On Aug 25, 2012
ifyalways: now you are being funny Onyi,Voodoo is very much practiced and is a popular religion in the Carribbean and South of US

know what? this thread is not meant for enlightening ourselves but to project your idea that voodoo does not exist on others. undecided

My sister I clearly stated that voodoo is "strongly" practice and believed mostly in the "third world countries"
which i think caribbean and south america are inclusive. what is funny about it. You can prove me wrong if you can..

The topic of the thread asked DO YOU BELIEVE IN THESE""".. Y
And i don't. if you do, can you please convince me with prove that there are real..

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 7:34pm On Aug 25, 2012
nyameke: you are still mixing apples and oranges here son. I have seen plenty of those videos you posted. It doesn't prove anything atleast as far as real magic is concerned. It only exposes the so called " magicians" pretending to do real magic.

Let me put it to you this way again real magick is different from what you think it is.. let me enlighten you a little. Real voodoo and Magick is all mental work. Real magick in essence involves the creatiing of change in reality using the power of the will . When our intentions are willed to manifest instantaneously and it happens, we call it a miracle or magical but in essence we are all magicians because all of our manifestations follows the same procedure. However not all manifestations works are instantaneous thus the ones that are deemed miraculous .. How fast you manifest your intentions is based on the power of your mental strength/focus/ and Faith/belief. It's all mental or spiritual work.

If you don't understand how the metaphysical world works, what I just described will seem like mamba jamba to you, but I really don't feel like going into details right now..just know that you can use the power of magic to do harm, heal the sick, cure all kinds of diseases, bend realities in your favor etc etc if you have the understanding of the mental/spiritual world. We can all do miracles and not just voodoo priest , pastors etc

So now you are saying there are real and fake voodoo, magic?.. Ok why not give me an example of real magic let me see how real it is..
I think mixing miracle with magic is ridiculous. Miracle does not have any procedure or form, formulae to follow other than trust and obey, hope and faith, wish and pray. Besides, miracle can occur even when one is not expecting it or put any effort in it. unlike magic and voodoo which requires a certain pattern, rules, formulae, incantations and procedures to trick and produce illusion of deceit and amazement.
Just show me one real magic or voodoo and prove it to me how real there..too easy.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 7:39pm On Aug 25, 2012
nyameke: ok this where I leave you in your ignorance.. what part of what you posted makes spirits imaginary or explains your stance.

Which one is ignorance? that i showed you a prove that spirit is nonphysical?? Breath can u see or touch breath??.. what is the meaning of nonphysical??

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by nyameke: 11:08pm On Aug 25, 2012
cuteonyii:

So now you are saying there are real and fake voodoo, magic?.. Ok why not give me an example of real magic let me see how real it is..
I think mixing miracle with magic is ridiculous. Miracle does not have any procedure or form, formulae to follow other than trust and obey, hope and faith, wish and pray. Besides, miracle can occur even when one is not expecting it or put any effort in it. unlike magic and voodoo which requires a certain pattern, rules, formulae, incantations and procedures to trick and produce illusion of deceit and amazement.
Just show me one real magic or voodoo and prove it to me how real there..too easy.
lol no mixing miracles and magic is not ridiculous, you're just ignorant and lack understanding of things that's all.. Understand that we sometimes use language to separate inseparable things in order to describe them. In essence miracles and magic are the same just as bone and morrow are one and the same..

2. Miracles and magic both have a formula and a pattern. Btw most things if not all things have formulas and follow procedures..I also see that you are confusing rituals with magic work. Rituals are not the reason why magic works infact it has no use at all. Rituals are just props in magic work..

3. Using the bible for instance to give you examples of magic, understand that many men of God have used various supernatural means to exercise power over their world..
Moses brought victory by raising his arms. Joshua stopped the Jordan by touching it with a Holy item. Samson increased his strength by growing his hair long. Elisha healed Naaman through a complex ritual of washing. Peter also healed by his shadow . Jesus walked on water and healed a blind man by mixing his with with clay.. These are all acts and forms of magic my friend.. They also all involved the use of rituals except the one about jesus walking on water. That was just all pure intent and will but it is still magic..

The truth is all magic comes from God contrary to what many Christians believe and its God's power and it is only evil evil when we use God’s power while denying God’s personality,( in this case voodoo practitioners etc )
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by anonymous6(f): 11:58pm On Aug 25, 2012
cuteonyii:
Hey guys, i'm not trying to offend any body here. But sometimes my friends finds it annoying when I tell them that I do not believe in the following.

1. That someone can make me appear on a mirror and cast a spell on me.
2. That someone can tie my destiny with my picture taken to some where.
3. That I can get ill when i walk over something buried under the earth or in front of my door.
4. That someone can changed baby in the womb to something else e.g stone, tortoise, etc.
5. That dead people can come out and hunt me.
6. I can see ghost.
7. That someone can get shot at and the bullet will not get into the body.
8. That Ritual will make money fill in your room.

Is not because of religion but just they way I grew up. I was born and raised in Africa for over 30 year i'm yet to get any prove for those stuff. I strongly believe in magics and poison, but when it comes to voodoo I do not believe in that.
I have actually seen people break, chew and swallow bottle when i was in Aba. But I call those stuffs magics because thats the only thing they could do all the time. I think we Africans call most things voodoo simply because we do not have explanations to them.
What do you believe??

some in the list is possible
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by nyameke: 12:22am On Aug 26, 2012
cuteonyii:

Which one is ignorance? that i showed you a prove that spirit is nonphysical?? Breath can u see or touch breath??.. what is the meaning of nonphysical??
ok are slow or what. You postulated that spirits are just imaginary beings and I then ask you how or why did you come to that assertion. Instead of answering you go make a 180 and answer my question with the definition of spirit from wiki( a definition which absolutely has no correlation with your assertion that " spirits are just imaginary beings).." And you turn around to ask me which one be ignorant again? Lol or are you saying breath= imaginary ?
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 2:59am On Aug 26, 2012
nyameke: lol no mixing miracles and magic is not ridiculous, you're just ignorant and lack understanding of things that's all.. Understand that we sometimes use language to separate inseparable things in order to describe them. In essence miracles and magic are the same just as bone and morrow are one and the same..

2. Miracles and magic both have a formula and a pattern. Btw most things if not all things have formulas and follow procedures..I also see that you are confusing rituals with magic work. Rituals are not the reason why magic works infact it has no use at all. Rituals are just props in magic work..

3. Using the bible for instance to give you examples of magic, understand that many men of God have used various supernatural means to exercise power over their world..
Moses brought victory by raising his arms. Joshua stopped the Jordan by touching it with a Holy item. Samson increased his strength by growing his hair long. Elisha healed Naaman through a complex ritual of washing. Peter also healed by his shadow . Jesus walked on water and healed a blind man by mixing his with with clay.. These are all acts and forms of magic my friend.. They also all involved the use of rituals except the one about jesus walking on water. That was just all pure intent and will but it is still magic..

The truth is all magic comes from God contrary to what many Christians believe and its God's power and it is only evil evil when we use God’s power while denying God’s personality,( in this case voodoo practitioners etc )

Ok since you do not want to be more matured in your argument by using the word ignorance and lack of understanding. I put it this way, you are the one who is ignorant, lack of understanding and so blinded with the theory of magic and voodoo. you are as confused as your statement by mixing up miracle with magic and voodoo. Im surprise that you even mentioned Bible here. yet you went ahead by saying that MAGIC came from God. Tell me any where, or any version of the BIble where Gods works are referred as Magic. Are you atheist, christian or traditionalist so that i can know where to start to heal your diseases?
read other peoples opinion about magic and miracle here...if you care..
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090313112334AAYVBtN
http://malaysia.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111003190029AA1Ql2C
does that make every thing right? i do not know. but you can make sence out of it.

What is the meaning of formula and Pattern? any thing that has formula and pattern must follow same rules and procedure, otherwise the result will not be achieved. Magic is pre determine, which means the trickster already knew the rules and the result. magic can only produce illusion to deceive people like "YOU"
IM STILL CHALLENGING YOU TO SHOW ME ONE MAGIC..AND I WILL TELL YOU HOW IT WORKS!!!!
Exodus 17:12. we are told what method God used to do his miracle. does it mean it has to follow same pattern all the time? Nope God can do his thing in many ways he wants to. no rules, no formula, no incantation, no procedure. Bros, no magic or voodoo happens out of no way. I do not want this to get more complicated by going into the scripture. because if we do, then we will end up diverging the topic.
If i want to use the bible, i will ask you to explain the meaning of " IF YOU HAVE FAITH AS BIG AS THE MUSTARD SEED, YOU CAN MOVE THE MOUNTAIN" is faith voodoo? is faith magic? Miracle is the only place where faith is required... which voodoo or magic preaches or teaches about faith
all those things you mentioned from the bible are just telling us that God is a guy man. He can do things the way it pleases him. Ok the Israelites are still there in the middle east surrounded by their enemies. let Benjamin Netanyahu raise his hand so that Israel could defeat Iran, Hezbollah, Etc..

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 3:03am On Aug 26, 2012
anonymous6:

some in the list is possible
Ok. give me example and lets do some research on It..

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by cuteonyii(m): 3:13am On Aug 26, 2012
nyameke: ok are slow or what. You postulated that spirits are just imaginary beings and I then ask you how or why did you come to that assertion. Instead of answering you go make a 180 and answer my question with the definition of spirit from wiki( a definition which absolutely has no correlation with your assertion that " spirits are just imaginary beings).." And you turn around to ask me which one be ignorant again? Lol or are you saying breath= imaginary ?

is the definition of something not Good enough to establish a fact?? generally speaking, people believe that spirit is a form of being that move around the world. It can come to you in the mid night and talk to you, play with you, stay in you, be friendly or enemy. But I am saying it is ridiculous when people say that they saw spirit. Because spirit is something you can not see or touch. is just an imaginary thing. which means something we believe that exist but do not have clue on how it looks like but we assume any ways that it could be in this or that form. When i say imaginary lines, i mean there is assumed line along this place even though we can not see or touch it.
which of the part do you not understand??.. Go ahead and lecture me about Spirit..if you think you know more about it.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by Nobody: 3:55am On Aug 26, 2012
wesley80: OP, all you have to do is buy a satellite receiver and tune in to TB Joshua's Emmanuel TV, I promise your perspective of life will change! The things I've heard and seen on that station eh! As a matter of fact, I won't be surprised if you're actually a ghost yourself lol. Just watch that station for one week then come back here and tell your story. Seriously, there's much more to this life we live.
lol, dat station scares me @ times

@ op: lmao! Omode n se e....You are simply young....
If u vex me too much naa, I'll call Sango and Amadioha 4 u!!
Awon iya mi osoronga, mo ki yin oo

*recites incantation*

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by nyameke: 7:10am On Aug 26, 2012
cuteonyii:

is the definition of something not Good enough to establish a fact?? generally speaking, people believe that spirit is a form of being that move around the world. It can come to you in the mid night and talk to you, play with you, stay in you, be friendly or enemy. But I am saying it is ridiculous when people say that they saw spirit. Because spirit is something you can not see or touch. is just an imaginary thing. which means something we believe that exist but do not haveclue on how it looks like but we assume any ways that it could be in this or that form. When i say imaginary lines, i mean there is assumed line along this place even though we can not see or touch it.
which of the part do you not understand??.. Go ahead and lecture me about Spirit..if you think you know more about it.

dude we are all spirit beings created from the Spirit of God .. we are all gods. Your essence and who you really are is spirit. You are a spiritual being having a human experience. The human body is like a vehicle for your spirit to experience this physical dimension. When you disengage from this focus your spirit enters a dimension different from this current one..You do not see so called " spirits" because they live in higher dimension different from our dimension.. So speak for your self and not others.. There are plenty people out there including me who have sensed and seen "spirits" in the astral plane..

Btw You still didn't make one sense in your post.. your logic and understanding is flawed. Not being able to touch or see something does not make it imaginary. It's like saying God is imaginary because you cannot see or touch him.. its stupi.d mentality to have .
cuteonyii:

Ok since you do not want to be more matured in your argument by using the word ignorance and lack of understanding. I put it this way, you are the one who is ignorant, lack of understanding and so blinded with the theory of magic and voodoo. you are as confused as your statement by mixing up miracle with magic and voodoo. Im surprise that you even mentioned Bible here. yet you went ahead by saying that MAGIC came from God. Tell me any where, or any version of the BIble where Gods works are referred as Magic. Are you atheist, christian or traditionalist so that i can know where to start to heal your diseases?
read other peoples opinion about magic and miracle here...if you care..
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090313112334AAYVBtN
http://malaysia.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111003190029AA1Ql2C
does that make every thing right? i do not know. but you can make sence out of it.

What is the meaning of formula and Pattern? any thing that has formula and pattern must follow same rules and procedure, otherwise the result will not be achieved. Magic is pre determine, which means the trickster already knew the rules and the result. magic can only produce illusion to deceive people like "YOU"
IM STILL CHALLENGING YOU TO SHOW ME ONE MAGIC..AND I WILL TELL YOU HOW IT WORKS!!!!
Exodus 17:12. we are told what method God used to do his miracle. does it mean it has to follow same pattern all the time? Nope God can do his thing in many ways he wants to. no rules, no formula, no incantation, no procedure. Bros, no magic or voodoo happens out of no way. I do not want this to get more complicated by going into the scripture. because if we do, then we will end up diverging the topic.
If i want to use the bible, i will ask you to explain the meaning of " IF YOU HAVE FAITH AS BIG AS THE MUSTARD SEED, YOU CAN MOVE THE MOUNTAIN" is faith voodoo? is faith magic? Miracle is the only place where faith is required... which voodoo or magic preaches or teaches about faith
all those things you mentioned from the bible are just telling us that God is a guy man. He can do things the way it pleases him. Ok the Israelites are still there in the middle east surrounded by their enemies. let Benjamin Netanyahu raise his hand so that Israel could defeat Iran, Hezbollah, Etc..
Miracle is the only place where faith is required? Really son? Ok Your whole post was full of ignorance but with that statement I can see we are on different levels of consciousness and thus it is futile going back and forth with you Cus nothing I say will make sense to you..So no hard feelings but this is my last response to you on this topic..

Oh and I'm a Christian son

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by anonymous6(f): 12:47pm On Aug 26, 2012
cuteonyii:
Ok. give me example and lets do some research on It..

well, there needs to be research but mine is based on what I heard from in church, family and media(1,2,4,6).

I never seen ghost but it is real and many people have stood by their claim after experiencing that, there are many shows that talk about this whether reality show or documentary, example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAScd2dZz7U
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by ifyalways(f): 3:38pm On Aug 26, 2012
Onyi, let me hear your views after going through

http://www.google.com/gwt/x?hl=en&u=http://www.trueghosttales.com/questionsandanswers/does-voodoo-exist/&client=ms-rim&q=is+voodoo+real%3F&sa=X&ei=_DM6ULLdMYml0QWZpIG4Bw&ved=0CCEQFjAC
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by dayokanu(m): 4:08pm On Aug 26, 2012
Interesting

OP, You mean you dont believe in touch and follow
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 26, 2012
@topic

I strongly support the OP.None of this fables which most Africans believe has ever proven to be factual.

If all those stuff were possible,Africans and Nigerians would be the richest and most powerful on earth. The fact that we are in endemic poverty,mentally and materially,is a testimony to how WRONG those rubbish beliefs are.

In this century of airplanes,moon-landings,the internet,TV,telecommunications et al..its shameful that anybody with working brains would believe that somebody can shoot you and a bullet will not penetrate your body.TOTALLY ABSURD AND SHAMELESS

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by solomon111(m): 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2012
ifyalways: You saw someone break and chew bottles LIVE and you call that magic?

Define magic please?

The things you listed up there exist. I however don't believe it can affect me. Vodoo operate and work under principles amongst other things but 'point of contact and faith' is required before anything works(for all religious beliefs sef). So long as my faith is unshaking, firmly believe that I'm well protected and there is no contact point(I've treated all men fairly, kept my hands clean) then I have no reason to fear voodoo. That's my opinion. Works for me.
so you mean,for voodoo to work on you,one must have wronged someone?
So,you mean those who are victims of voodoo,are those who hands are not clean?
Who did job offend,before he was visited with all kind of afflictions?
You are very funny. Unfortunately many people hold this erroneous view of yours.
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 26, 2012
@op .... I no need talk much .... Jst pass a whole nyt for one cemetary near ur syd....yhur eye go clear by force

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 26, 2012
Ignorance at its peak...@Op Heres a little advice. Take ur phone and go to a cemetary/market place around 2am and snap some pictures of yourself. Check the picture later, Dont be surprised to see other heads behind you saying "cheese" grin
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 26, 2012
@Ifyalways

I'm surprised you take African Rainmakers seriously. I once told my Geography Teacher back then that Rainmakers have the capability to make and divert rain....

His reply was simple..............

He said he will take the so called 'Rainmakers' to Sahara desert to command a meaningful amount of rain to fall... He said if they can do it, he will throw his Geography book away.........

Why do you mostly find Rainmakers in regions where there are usually persistent amount of rainfall? It rains like 8-10 months in southern Nigerian and some people are claiming to be rainmakers? What rain are they claiming to make?

Can I also claim I'm a forest maker in southern Nigeria? Can I claim I'm a sand maker in Sudan?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 26, 2012
cuteonyii: Hey guys, i'm not trying to offend any body here. But sometimes my friends finds it annoying when I tell them that I do not believe in the following.

1. That someone can make me appear on a mirror and cast a spell on me.
2. That someone can tie my destiny with my picture taken to some where.
3. That I can get ill when i walk over something buried under the earth or in front of my door.
4. That someone can changed baby in the womb to something else e.g stone, tortoise, etc.
5. That dead people can come out and hunt me.
6. I can see ghost.
7. That someone can get shot at and the bullet will not get into the body.
8. That Ritual will make money fill in your room.

Is not because of religion but just they way I grew up. I was born and raised in Africa for over 30 year i'm yet to get any prove for those stuff. I strongly believe in magics and poison, but when it comes to voodoo I do not believe in that.
I have actually seen people break, chew and swallow bottle when i was in Aba. But I call those stuffs magics because thats the only thing they could do all the time. I think we Africans call most things voodoo simply because we do not have explanations to them.
What do you believe??
all d stuffs u listed above are all godamn superstions reinforced into our psyche by nigerian home videos especially yoruba home videos and yoruba african magic on dstv.like d bible said u r what u believe,i cant remember d chapter of d bible it is but another version king james version said as a man thinketh in his heart so is he.if u think those things are real,then if someone cals ur name from a mirror,u wil appear there,not because its real,but u bliv in thrash like dat.lol,mr maclatunji,dont disgrace me o.i hope ure nt believin all those nonesense.i usually admire ur write ups,but i hope ure sha nt blivin dem because its load of crap

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by alaoeri: 4:30pm On Aug 26, 2012
@op all depends on your level of exposure & where u have waka reach, pls take a trip τ̲̅ȍ niger state & see things for yourself visit the 'tapas' i believe a trial 'll convinced u.
Re: Do You Believe In These Superstitions? by 190theclown: 4:34pm On Aug 26, 2012
I have heard a tree got burnt and all sorts of pots, spoons, plate started
Dropping off th e tree

On another encounter heard a coffin refused entering a church

All these happened in my village early 90's

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Are The Akoko Of Northern Ondo State? / Igbo Women And Social Status / topic closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.