Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven (2258 Views)

Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / Is Jesus Really God? / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by Zeta(m): 5:41am On Dec 25, 2007
Only spirits recide in heaven.Therefore where did the human bodies of Enoch and our flying Lord Jesus go to,because human bodies can't exist in Heaven?
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by Kobojunkie: 6:30am On Dec 25, 2007
Do you have a verse for this claim that no body can exist in heaven
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by tomX1(m): 8:59am On Dec 25, 2007
From the tone of your post you are likely not a Christian, but to indulge you I will like you to know that from the christian perspective, the bible tells us that our incorruptible bodies will be raised up to heaven.

The following qoutes might help clarify this:

Job 19:26
And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
KJV
. . . that is even after death and decay, He will still, in his flesh, see God. How? well here is how:

Daniel 12:2
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
KJV

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
KJV
yes God will raise the dead and make them incorruptible and they shall ascend bodily into heaven. Those who are alive and are of right standing with God shall also be caught up bodily with them.
The last qoute from 1 Thessalonians 4:17 explicitly stated that those who are alive . . . to be alive means body and spirit are present together. Thus if the living will be caught up then their spirit was not to be separated from thier bodies.
Did you think God was to raise all the dead up on the last day so that an army of zombies will walk the Earth? Surely he had a plan for our bodies as well as our soul. Why else would he send his Angels to contend for the corpse of Moses (Jude 9:9).

Christ's body was never allowed to see curroption (it did not decay nor was it defiled) and the body raised into heaven. Yep our devine "Flying Christ" sits (body+Spirit) at the right hand of God.
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 25, 2007
The Bible tells us that for dust we are and to dust we will return. Our bodies simply decay and return to dirt after our death.

The scripture at Daniel 2:2 talks about a resurrection not to heaven but to earth. God's purpose for the earth was and is for it to be a paradise and for humans to live upon it forever. That is why the thought of death bothers us. We were not created to die, that is why we desire life so much. Psalms 37:29 says "The righteous themselves will possess the earth and they will reside forever upon it." And to go along moreso with the scripture in Daniel think about the account of Lazarus. He was resurrected physically, not to heaven.

But there are some who will go to heaven and reign with Jesus. These ones will become spirit creatures like the angels and Jesus are now.
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by olabowale(m): 1:02pm On Dec 25, 2007
Bewween TomX and Kattrina, who is telling the truth? You entries about are in clear contract, one from the other! Maybe both of you are lying. Or just one is correct. But both of you with opposing perspectives on the same subjects can not be 100% right. Hence, I conclude that your source of information is noit 100% right. How then can we rely on something like that if our salvation by God depends on it?
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 25, 2007
If you want I can supply you with the scriptures to back up my statements. (I will probably not post them until tomorrow though because I am on my way to bed right now.) I realize that TomX used scriptures, but you have to look at the surrounding scriptures to understand the context, and you also have to take into consideration the words really mean. And cross-reference those verses to other ones in the Bible to get a complete understanding. Just reading one scripture rarely gives one a full and accurate understanding.

@tomX the poster's question in NO way indicates not being Christian, but possible a better understanding of some matters than others.
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by tomX1(m): 8:10pm On Dec 25, 2007
If the rigtheous who rise will not go to heaven then why did the qoute from Thesselonians say:

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
KJV

the following scriptures also show that Christ ascended bodily into heaven

Luke 24:37-51

37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43 And he took it, and did eat before them.
44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

50 And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them.

51 And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.
KJV
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by Zeta(m): 2:13am On Dec 26, 2007
@tomx i believe in the postulates of the bible but i am talking of right now in our present time before rapture takes place and the dead rise up.Just think about it why shoulg a physical body exist in heaven[which is a spirit world]?then it wouldn't be called a spirit world but a spirit-physical world,and just about anyone can troop in and out as they please.
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by pilgrim1(f): 2:12pm On Dec 26, 2007
@olabowale,

olabowale:

Bewween TomX and Kattrina, who is telling the truth?

What is really your problem? Or are you forced to exhibit the fact that you are struggling to understand simple statements? Where exactly is the point of reference that is your problem in your remark above?

olabowale:

You entries about are in clear contract, one from the other! Maybe both of you are lying. Or just one is correct.

All you needed to do was point out what your problem was, and they would have helped clarified your confusion - as katrinna came back in her rejoinder.

olabowale:

But both of you with opposing perspectives on the same subjects can not be 100% right.

In what aspects or points were they "opposed" in their views?

olabowale:

Hence, I conclude that your source of information is noit 100% right. How then can we rely on something like that if our salvation by God depends on it?

And what source of information would have set anyone 100% right on what you have demonstrated you have no clues about?

Olabowale, you seem to thrive on picking issues where you should have none. The sad thing is that you often confirm how low is your IQ in simple matters - especially because you really do not have anything tangible to say.
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by pilgrim1(f): 2:15pm On Dec 26, 2007
Zeta:

Only spirits recide in heaven.Therefore where did the human bodies of Enoch and our flying Lord Jesus go to,because human bodies can't exist in Heaven?

@Zeta,

Like @tomX has remarked, it does not appear that you're genuinely interested in seeking seasoned answers to your queries. Perhaps, when you adduce a few verses for your ideas, we may better understand you and seek to help your dilemma.

Zeta:

@tomx i believe in the postulates of the bible but i am talking of right now in our present time before rapture takes place and the dead rise up.Just think about it why shoulg a physical body exist in heaven[which is a spirit world]?then it wouldn't be called a spirit world but a spirit-physical world,and just about anyone can troop in and out as they please.

The highlighted part of your submission does not demonstrate your belief in the Bible. There is no such proposition of anyone trooping in and out as they please when it comes to understanding what the Bible teaches on the subject.

Cheers.
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by pilgrim1(f): 2:16pm On Dec 26, 2007
kattrina:

@tomX the poster's question in NO way indicates not being Christian, but possible a better understanding of some matters than others.

@katrinna,

I'm sorry to observe that the poster as well in NO way demonstrates that his/her being a Christian. I would agree with @tomX that the tone sets the trend - and as it appears, it does not lend credence to "a better understanding" in the question.
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by mrpataki(m): 2:20pm On Dec 26, 2007
@ Pilgrim.1,

How you doing? Hope you are enjoying the reason for the season. You should be out doing your sales shopping.

Leave Olabowale to his confusion. wink

Merry christmas and a Happy New Year to you.
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by pilgrim1(f): 2:47pm On Dec 26, 2007
@mrpataki,

mrpataki:

@ Pilgrim.1,

How you doing? Hope you are enjoying the reason for the season.

Bo, my brother - I'm doing well; and my Christmas was superb and far above my expectations! Half the story ould not be told if I started just now! cheesy

mrpataki:

You should be out doing your sales shopping.

Lol. . . that's true. But there's an even bigger sales coming in early January, hehe. So, my basket go full, no be small! grin

mrpataki:

Leave Olabowale to his confusion. wink

Merry christmas and a Happy New Year to you.

That is precisely the most succinct and superb Xmas lines that anyone ever wrote me. Thank you o jare! cheesy
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by olabowale(m): 2:54pm On Dec 26, 2007
I yen I wo Pilgrim. O nda Mr Important lowun? I wo no MrPataki! O ga o. Ba ye she nri ni yio! (Mo nre rin ni bi ti mo wa ni). A i si ile Ologbo, Ile di le ekute. By the way where is my man, Davidylan? I hope he is Okay? I miss him.
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by pilgrim1(f): 3:05pm On Dec 26, 2007
Oga olabowale,

Bawo l'ara? cheesy

You may not have seen so many of us here the past busy weeks - davidylan inlusive. You know this is quite a busy period for many of us. But the New Year is less than a week away - and then we shall be visiting you guys and checking on how rascally you have been misbehaving! grin

Cheers.
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by olabowale(m): 3:47pm On Dec 26, 2007
@Pilgrim.1: Jeje mi ni mo joko o, to wa nto ja o! lol. If you read your dueling Christians entries, that is, tomX and kattrina, you would not disagree with me. below is what you need to read. And when I come to England this coming March, I will bring Zam-zam water for you to wash your face and rinse the eyes, particularly. MrPataki, listen up. I may just come to you, brother in Holland with whatever remain from Pilgrim.1:
KJV
yes God will raise the dead and make them incorruptible and they shall ascend bodily into heaven. Those who are alive and are of right standing with God shall also be caught up bodily with them.
The last qoute from 1 Thessalonians 4:17 explicitly stated that those who are alive . . . to be alive means body and spirit are present together. Thus if the living will be caught up then their spirit was not to be separated from their bodies.
Did you think God was to raise all the dead up on the last day so that an army of zombies will walk the Earth? Surely he had a plan for our bodies as well as our soul. Why else would he send his Angels to contend for the corpse of Moses (Jude 9:9).

Christ's body was never allowed to see curroption (it did not decay nor was it defiled) and the body raised into heaven. Yep our devine "Flying Christ" sits (body+Spirit) at the right hand of God.
: From tomX quote and explanation, above we see that God raised the dead and the righteous, which means Christians among them and the Christians still alive, who would not have tasted death, hence have cheated death and have One over Jesus, the Lord himself, will all be raise up into the cloud, like in caught up in the cloud with Lord Jesus to go to the Christian home of glory; paradise. tomX Paradise is definitely not on this earth.

Report to moderator Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't walk in the footsteps of the wise, rather seek what they sought!

kattrina (f)
Big Island of Hawaii, USA

Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven
« #3 on: Yesterday at 11:26:31 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bible tells us that for dust we are and to dust we will return. Our bodies simply decay and return to dirt after our death.

The scripture at Daniel 2:2 talks about a resurrection not to heaven but to earth. God's purpose for the earth was and is for it to be a paradise and for humans to live upon it forever. That is why the thought of death bothers us. We were not created to die, that is why we desire life so much. Psalms 37:29 says "The righteous themselves will possess the earth and they will reside forever upon it." And to go along moreso with the scripture in Daniel think about the account of Lazarus. He was resurrected physically, not to heaven.

But there are some who will go to heaven and reign with Jesus. These ones will become spirit creatures like the angels and Jesus are now.
; We see from Kattrina that after death the body turn to dust. thats it. And in ressurection, we see that she spoke about ressurection as an earthly paradise. she eliminated the tomX cloud or ascending to be caught up with the Lord Jesus. Even though she said almost as a footnote that some will go to heaven and reign with Jesus, as they will become a spirit creasures in heaven, not in body and soul, but in the same Spiritual form like what Jesus is right now along with the Angels. So the bulk of the righteous will inherit the earth here, in Kattrina's form of Paradise. You can read everything yourself. Get ready to drink Zam-zam water after you wash your face and rinse your eyes.

My IQ is very low, so I defer to the knowledgeable people. Its your turn to respond, ma. so who is not correct, between tomX, whose righteous Christian's destination is not on this earth, versus kattrina, whose righteous Christians destination, for the majority is on this earth, except the spiritually metamophosied few, who are going to be in spiritual form, without a body, just like Jesus and the Angels. E pe fun wa. Erin pami. Mrpataki, mi soo re? Thats my Ijebu and am sticking to it. To copy babs 727, oya, lets go. lol.
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by pilgrim1(f): 4:08pm On Dec 26, 2007
@olabowale,

I was about logging off to attend to some other details this busy period; but the recent one is not such a bother to quickly deal with.

olabowale:

My IQ is very low, so I defer to the knowledgeable people.

Sorry. . . I do apologise if you felt slighted by my rejoinders. I have no excuses for my tough language - except that you guys often pick issues with posters where there are none, and then slyly deride their convictions! What is the need for that, even after I had personally cautioned you guys so many times?

olabowale:

@Pilgrim.1: Jeje mi ni mo joko o, to wa nto ja o! lol. If you read your dueling Christians entries, that is, tomX and kattrina, you would not disagree with me. below is what you need to read.

Thanks for making the effort to try and explain your concerns. Unfortunately, while you see a descripancy between their replies, I quickly saw a coherence between them. Let me draw the simple line where this occurs.

(a) Both katrinna and @tomX have not disagreed on any essential point in reference to the resurrection and rapture of the saints. The rather sad thing is that you had deliberately wanted to pick holes in their submissions.

(b) happily, you had made a reference to @tomX's submission, which I re-quote below:

olabowale:

tomX Paradise is definitely not on this earth

. . . and I don't think katrinna was thereby denying the rapture of the saints in her submission either:

kattrina:

But there are some who will go to heaven and reign with Jesus.

The essentila details is what they had both tried to discuss; and wisdom would have appealed to your sense of judgement to not be in a haste to denounce and condemn them both as LYING and then referring to their source (the Bible) as not 100% right! That was where you had sought to sneak in your penchant for belittling the testimony of the Bible; and that is why I had to weigh in on the subject and take you to task!

On the whole, katrinna has her ideas (probably more atuned to the Jehovah Witness theological ideas). In a spirit of discussion, I would not be in a haste to thrash her down; but seek rather to ask questions, proffer alternative answers where I may disagree with her (as @tomX has done in his subsequent replies), and then keep the discussion alive so we may have a concensus on the subject.
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by olabowale(m): 5:31pm On Dec 26, 2007
Yet the Jehovah witness call themselve the correct sect of the Christians. They have a diffrerent Bible. But course the Shia have the opinion that they are the correct sect, but they do not have a diffrerent Qur'an and if they do I will like to see it. I have been around a host of notable Shia, at least in Obodo America. We read the same type Qur'an.
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by pilgrim1(f): 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2007
@olabowale,

Please stop this hide and seek game - it is unfitting for an elderly man like you! cheesy I wanted to log out and deal with a few important details in my schedule but had to postpone it and quickly rush replies to yours because I will be away again for long from the Forum.

olabowale:

Yet the Jehovah witness call themselve the correct sect of the Christians. They have a diffrerent Bible. But course the Shia have the opinion that they are the correct sect, but they do not have a diffrerent Qur'an and if they do I will like to see it. I have been around a host of notable Shia, at least in Obodo America. We read the same type Qur'an.

So, wait. . . what are we talking about here:

(a) Jehovah Witnesses?

(b) Shias and Shiites?

What is your confusion now that you're making a kangaroo hop from storyline to storyline that is hardly relevant to the issue at hand?

Anyways, I'm soon off. Enjoy your harrassments at others before I show up again. . . sometime. cheesy
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by Kobojunkie: 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2007
Zeta:

Again @Zeta, when you make claims it is wise to post the verse you get your ideas from so you can give those who sincerely want to answer your question an idea of what you are talking about. And try to stay away from making assertions when you are asking questions. No where in the Bible does it say that a body can not exist in Heaven. That is what you come up with from reading some verses but when you put all together and read in context, you will realize that the conclusion you reached earlier may not be completely accurate. So please post verses so those who truly can help will know where you are coming from.
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by Zeta(m): 6:55am On Dec 27, 2007
I agree with the stuff some of you guys have sent.I was just contemplating between whether Jesus got rid of the body while in the sky ond his spirir entered an interdimensional gateway to the realm where heaven exists[because man has entered deep space and has not seen heaven] and whether He just appeared in heaven in His bodily form.Thanks guys,i really appreciate.
I am really a christian and i do believe in its teachings and i am really trying to live a good life without causing hurt to anyone purposefully.I guess am a little short in my knowledge of the Bible cos i rarely read it.
Any help in that area?
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by dafidixone(m): 2:24pm On Dec 27, 2007
Bewween TomX and Kattrina, who is telling the truth? You entries about are in clear contract, one from the other! Maybe both of you are lying. Or just one is correct. But both of you with opposing perspectives on the same subjects can not be 100% right. Hence, I conclude that your source of information is noit 100% right. How then can we rely on something like that if our salvation by God depends on it?

They are both saying the samething. May be your own knowledge is too little to comprehend what they are both saying here. The bottom line of the two points is that God in a mysterious way will transform the curruptible body into incorruptible one.

@Adebowale is in your own thinking you know somethings are impossible for "allah" to do it is our own strong beleive that with 'God the Almighty, Father of Jesus Christ" nothing! absolutely nothing is impossible.
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by babs787(m): 6:43pm On Dec 27, 2007
@dafidixone

@Adebowale is in your own thinking you know somethings are impossible for "allah" to do it is our own strong beleive that with 'God the Almighty, Father of Jesus Christ" nothing! absolutely nothing is impossible.

What God are you referring to? Is that of OT or NT because they are different from each and if you think that Jesus happened to be God of the OT too, then I will serve you contrdicting verses showing that Jesus can never be God of the OT and that the are very different from each other. If you still think that Jesus happens to be your God, then I will serve you verses where some things were impossible for him from your BIBLE!!
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by pilgrim1(f): 8:36pm On Dec 27, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

@dafidixone

What God are you referring to? Is that of OT or NT because they are different from each and if you think that Jesus happened to be God of the OT too, then I will serve you contrdicting verses showing that Jesus can never be God of the OT and that the are very different from each other. If you still think that Jesus happens to be your God, then I will serve you verses where some things were impossible for him from your BIBLE!!

Are you not the samne slicker who said that THE SAME God sent the prophets of the OT and Muhammad? Are you so confused that you don't know where to stand?
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by babs787(m): 9:17pm On Dec 27, 2007
@pilgrim

Are you not the samne slicker who said that THE SAME God sent the prophets of the OT and Muhammad? Are you so confused that you don't know where to stand?

Is it too hard for you to answer? Is God of the OT same as that of NT?
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by Ndipe(m): 9:21pm On Dec 27, 2007
From the tone of your post you are likely not a Christian, but to indulge you I will like you to know that from the christian perspective, the bible tells us that our incorruptible bodies will be raised up to heaven.

The following qoutes might help clarify this:

Job 19:26
And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
KJV
. . . that is even after death and decay, He will still, in his flesh, see God. How? well here is how:

Daniel 12:2
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
KJV
KJV
The last qoute from 1 Thessalonians 4:17 explicitly stated that those who are alive . . . to be alive means body and spirit are present together. Thus if the living will be caught up then their spirit was not to be separated from their bodies.

Ndipe's comment:

Tomx, May The Almighty God bless you in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen!. Your answer, culled from the Holy Bible has countered the false beliefs of Jehovah Witness and grail movement about the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ. David, in the Psalms was referring to Jesus Christ when he said,

Psalm 16:10 (King James Version)

For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%2016:10;&version=9;

which is confirmed in Acts 13:35
Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=51&chapter=13

I hope that JW, would read that verse to correct their false teachings. Phew!!!, thanks again, Tomx
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by pilgrim1(f): 9:25pm On Dec 27, 2007
babs787:

@pilgrim

Is it too hard for you to answer? Is God of the OT same as that of NT?

My question was simple and direct: did you not claim that the same God sent Muhammad? Why now the hypocrisy of denying that position - so you can conveniently attack the Bible when Muhammad is bleaxched out of its pages, yes?
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by babs787(m): 1:41pm On Dec 28, 2007
@pilgrim

My question was simple and direct: did you not claim that the same God sent Muhammad? Why now the hypocrisy of denying that position - so you can conveniently attack the Bible when Muhammad is bleaxched out of its pages, yes?

Is God of the OT same as that of NT?
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by pilgrim1(f): 1:59pm On Dec 28, 2007
babs787:

@pilgrim

Is God of the OT same as that of NT?

pilgrim.1:

Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by babs787(m): 7:26pm On Dec 28, 2007
@pilgrim.1

Quote from: pilgrim.1 on Yesterday at 09:25:44 PM

Okay, I can see that you are confused but I will help you out before exposing your lies further. God sent Muhammad but please are you saying God of the OT is the same as NT? Is Jesus still God of the OT?
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by Ndipe(m): 12:54am On Dec 29, 2007
Yes, Jesus Christ is God, be it Old Testament, or New Testament.
Re: Where Is Jesus' Body;it Can't Exist In Heaven by babs787(m): 2:18pm On Dec 29, 2007
@Ndipe

Yes, Jesus Christ is God, be it Old Testament, or New Testament.

Thanks for your post. I have lots to post but will reduce it so as to give you time to read and respond.

Did God need to become man being in order to show us how to live?\

God does not need to become a human being in order to show us how to live. This is why he sends down messengers because that is their job.

Let us look at some verses showng that God is not a man (JESUS) and cannot be

1- "God IS not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?" Numbers 23:19

2- "And also the Glory of Israel will not lie or have regret, for he IS not a man, that he should have regret." 1 Samuel 15:29

3- "I will not execute my burning anger; I will not again destroy Ephraim; for I am God and not a man, the Holy One in your midst, and I will not come in wrath." Hosea 11:9

Does God changes?

"For I [am] the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed." (Malachi 3:6)"

Now let us go into NT to see if Jesus is really God

1. Mark 10 v 18: "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good–except God alone."

Why did Jesus say he was not good except the God alone?

Luke 5:16 "And he (Jesus) withdrew himself into the wilderness and prayed to his God."

Did you see that/ Did he pray to himself?

Matthew 26:39 "And going a little way forward, he (Jesus) fell upon his face, praying and saying 'My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from me. Yet, not as I will, but as you will.' "

Was he praying to himself?

Matthew 26:42 "Again, for the second time, he (Jesus) went off and prayed, saying: 'My Father, if it is not possible for this to pass away except I drink it, let your will take place.'"

Jesus begged his GOD to will what Jesus wanted to happen. Jesus couldn't will it by himself. Do you say he prayed to and begged himself?

Matthew 26:44 "So leaving them, he (Jesus) went off and prayed for the third time, saying once more the same word."

Here we see that Jesus for the third time begged his GOD to will what Jesus wished for in Matthew 26:39 above.

How can Jesus be the Creator of this Universe if he
(1) begs, and
(2) lacks power?

Hebrew 5:7 "During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission."

Here we see Jesus prayed to God to be saved and God HEARD ( in any religious speech the HEARD means that the person has been answer with the prayer) him. Do we say he prayed with loud cries to himself?

Mathew 3:16 "After being baptized Jesus immediately came up from the water; and, look! the heavens were opened up, and he saw descending like a dove God's spirit coming upon him. Look! Also, there was a voice from the heavens that said: This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved."

Here we see how much GOD loved Jesus and how much he admired him. Jehovah or Allah in Mathew 3:16 was clearly greeting his messenger (Jesus), and telling him how much he loves him. The above shows that God is not Jesus.

" My Father, who gave them me is Greater than ALL, ," in John 10:

Did you see that?

John 14:28 "The Father is greater than I."

John 5:30 "I can of mine own self do NOTHING, I[b] seek not my own will but the will of Him who sent me[/b]."

Jesus was sent in this verse by his own admission. In this verse he himself says that the one who is sent: ", the one who is sent is not greater than the one who sent (John 13:16)."

I still have more but had to stop in order for you to provide expanation.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Dare You Call Me A Militant Or Extreme Atheist? / Clash Of The Religious Titans! Did Maclatunji Just Hide Manmustwac's Complaint? / Religion Wahala......what's Wrong With These Pictures?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.