Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,444 members, 7,826,704 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 (15279 Views)

The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures / What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? / China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Xinjiang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by Castos(m): 12:21am On Aug 18, 2012
cyril83: but av not seen beta ones since I was born...same attitude,very tempramental
That is because u choose to take it that way. Always try to see the angel in ur fellow human being and not always the devil.

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by bashman004: 12:22am On Aug 18, 2012
Billyonaire: so the Moon is becoming a religious significance? Na wa o

Seriously, as much as i think i know about christianity, i'd rather keep quite to be thought a fool than to open my mouth and remove the doubt....U Need Some Help

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by stalinism: 12:23am On Aug 18, 2012
issues relating to terrorism or boko-terrorism as seen in Nigeria are not new to us and cannot b completely blamed on islamism 4 no religion has a monopoly of terror.what should b borne in mind is that d propagators of dis crimes r d same people who originated it and d victim r the lilliputians who allowed themselves to b used and d poor innocent victims r d poor people of this nation Nigeria.it is condemnable. shocked
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by Castos(m): 12:31am On Aug 18, 2012
eedriyz:
What's ur own here? To make troubles? I can see how much you trust Jesus...
yes i do believe in God Jesus and Allah aswell

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by eedriyz(m): 12:32am On Aug 18, 2012
Castos: Please I do have questions to ask. All these bad reputations of islam, was it that islamic teachings were not properly taught and the believers lacked orientation? Do islam hate other religion? How did the seven virgin story came about? Did prophet Muhamed made mistakes in delivering the teachings of Allah? Why must the it be muslims that are the most feared when they claim peace? Why must it be that religion Islam? Why?
AMERICA is making it up. Hope we'll see more light soon... All of us are in darkness. Why shouldn't they arrest Bin laden? At least they found and killed him unarmed. What about Muhammed Yusuf who was killed in the Police custody? America made a prophecy in 1999 that Nigeria must break before 2015, how will we get tired before then if BH are not in the film. They saw love (even if it was never a true one) and sensed their mission is impossible. I hate to say these words.

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 18, 2012
Billyionair, u re not suppose to be on this thread cos u will end up disgracing urself. u can now see how islam goes with nature. its so Godly and natural. we muslims work with the Luna Calendar. and not just a mere common sense calculation. we are all happy with the development. fasting is by sighting of the moon and Sallah too is by sighting of the month.
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by apacheguy: 12:36am On Aug 18, 2012
Castos: Please I do have questions to ask. All these bad reputations of islam, was it that islamic teachings were not properly taught and the believers lacked orientation? Do islam hate other religion? How did the seven virgin story came about? Did prophet Muhamed made mistakes in delivering the teachings of Allah? Why must the it be muslims that are the most feared when they claim peace? Why must it be that religion Islam? Why?
thanks, every1,@castos, @cyril83 and every other person, i'll say big thank u for giving me the opportunity to be understoood...i know it very surely that many ppl will have lots of questions to ask, and lots of clearifications to make, just the way it was when i was a youth corp member, but i dont know how i can do that right now, cos most times i just pass bye on nl, read ppl's comment and dont post anything...cos posting wld require high level of concentration so dt u'll not be misunderstood, its tasking and time consuming, if i shd start some of those issues we may not conclude them today and i have lots of work on my desk right now, u can drop ur email contact and i'll surely contact u guys on some of those issue...Thanks alot, i love and appreciate u guys!
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by eedriyz(m): 12:37am On Aug 18, 2012
Castos: yes i do believe in God Jesus and Allah aswell
Sorry, I almost misjudged
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by BetaThings: 12:40am On Aug 18, 2012
Oduola412: .

Dat serves d idiot right... Cus I don't see no reason Ϟ•̸ЂƔ a normal human being shuld ask a question dat is provocative just to create d impression that muslims are aggressive and intolerant Pple.. God will surely reward dem accordinly...
He is one of the so-called 40 laptops crew
His writing style and temperament shows he is no1 laptop double. His views are shaped by the tendency to tar every muslim with Boko Haram brush
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by greall1: 12:42am On Aug 18, 2012
Islam is regious of knowledge

Super1759: So what if the moon refuses to show up till next month.. Ara agba ndi ara
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by EyesWideOpen(m): 12:43am On Aug 18, 2012
I'm so not ready for this! ... I was happy 2mrrw wud be Eid, nd nw dis? Aaarrrrrgghhh!!!!!

Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 18, 2012
haulagehandlers:

May i point to you sir,that islam is not the first nor the only religion using nature as a determinant factor of worship.Before the advent of islam other religions have used the sun;star;and moon to determine how they worship.I believe this act are borrowed from each other as no religion is trully free from the other,they took one thing or the other frm themselves.
My friend pls take ur time and read more about Islam. google all Islamic principles and Ideas, study them and compare them with other religion. I bet u wound hesitate to convert to Islam. I challenge u to do that pls. if u truly believe in reseach as a means of finding answer to unknown question.
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 18, 2012
EyesWideOpen: I'm so not ready for this! ... I was happy 2mrrw wud be Eid, nd nw dis? Aaarrrrrgghhh!!!!!
if u are following the Sunnah of our Beloved Prophet PBUH u will accept the fact that the starting of Fasting is by sighting of the moom and ending the Fasting is also by the sighting of the moon. it not your doing. its Almighty Allah's Decree.
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by haulagehandlers(m): 12:51am On Aug 18, 2012
ajobes:
My friend pls take ur time and read more about Islam. google all Islamic principles and Ideas, study them and compare them with other religion. I bet u wound hesitate to convert to Islam. I challenge u to do that pls. if u truly believe in reseach as a means of finding answer to unknown question.

What are the things in islam that one religion or the other have not done.Please inform me.
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by Moralistayolite(m): 12:53am On Aug 18, 2012
Yes prophet muhammad(PBUH) said if well d not see d moon we should count d fasting untill it reach 30 b/4 we can celb Eid Al Fitr, sunday is d best d celibrant
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by Castos(m): 12:53am On Aug 18, 2012
eedriyz:
AMERICA is making it up. Hope we'll see more light soon... All of us are in darkness. Why shouldn't they arrest Bin laden? At least they found and killed him unarmed. What about Muhammed Yusuf who was killed in the Police custody? America made a prophecy in 1999 that Nigeria must break before 2015, how will we get tired before then if BH are not in the film. They saw love (even if it was never a true one) and sensed their mission is impossible. I hate to say these words.
Nigeria breaking up into what? Pieces? This breakup thing is reall going to be badt
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 18, 2012
haulagehandlers:
What are the things in islam that one religion or the other have not done.Please inform me.

Somany of them. ranging from science and tech, Law and order, Medicine, economy and politic, psychology, astromony {which is even the subject matter of this topic or thread}, physic and chemistry, relationship, property dev, etc....
pls take ur time to study islam, u will definately reach a conclusion that we, Muslims are indeed in the right path to salvation mr Pagan!
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by eedriyz(m): 1:03am On Aug 18, 2012
Castos: Nigeria breaking up into what? Pieces? This breakup thing is reall going to be badt
They want it lyk mad. They understand that if the word "NIGERIA" finally work, we may be the one to overthrow them (America)...I have that feeling
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by eedriyz(m): 1:05am On Aug 18, 2012
ajobes:

Somany of them. ranging from science and tech, Law and order, Medicine, economy and politic, psychology, astromony {which is even the subject matter of this topic or thread}, physic and chemistry, relationship, property dev, etc....
pls take ur time to study islam, u will definately reach a conclusion that we, Muslims are indeed in the right path to salvation mr Pagan!
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by haulagehandlers(m): 1:19am On Aug 18, 2012
ajobes:

The words we speak are the mirror with which our soul is seen.....why the word mr pagan....we are having an intellectual discuss all of a sudden you resort to name calling.....in any case i asked what in islam have we not seen in other religion.....the ones you enumerated above are things that other religion have used one time or the other.this are common knowleege before islam.the babylonians have used astrology,they know about almost all the cosmic movement before the birth of prophet mohammed (saw).what am saying is not to cast aspersion on any religion but to tell you that religion evolves.judaism,xtianity,islam,all this religions have things they took from each other.they are categorised as abrahamic religion.i wouldnt want to go furher as not to derail this thread more than i have done....masallam.
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by Nobody: 1:34am On Aug 18, 2012
haulagehandlers:

The words we speak are the mirror with which our soul is seen.....why the word mr pagan....we are having an intellectual discuss all of a sudden you resort to name calling.....in any case i asked what in islam have we not seen in other religion.....the ones you enumerated above are things that other religion have used one time or the other.this are common knowleege before islam.the babylonians have used astrology,they know about almost all the cosmic movement before the birth of prophet mohammed (saw).what am saying is not to cast aspersion on any religion but to tell you that religion evolves.judaism,xtianity,islam,all this religions have things they took from each other.they are categorised as abrahamic religion.i wouldnt want to go furher as not to derail this thread more than i have done....masallam.

Thank God u know that. Islam has existed long before the Birth of Our Noble Prophet PBUH. it has contribute alot to Humanity. and among which is Fasting During the month of Ramadan as it has a great medical value to the human health. the person fasting has been confirm by science as very healthy.
sighting of moon must go in accodance of the teaching of our belove Prophet PBUH and All muslims must adhere to. And
sory if Ihave pissed u up in any way.
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by skybird: 1:46am On Aug 18, 2012
No moon yet
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by sissa: 1:47am On Aug 18, 2012
I thank Almighty Allah 4 me see d 30 of ramadan agin,May Allah (SAW) acept it 4rm us and make us see d meny of ramadan on eath.Amin.
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by haulagehandlers(m): 1:55am On Aug 18, 2012
ajobes:

Thank God u know that. Islam has existed long before the Birth of Our Noble Prophet PBUH. it has contribute alot to Humanity. and among which is Fasting During the month of Ramadan as it has a great medical value to the human health. the person fasting has been confirm by science as very healthy.
sighting of moon must go in accodance of the teaching of our belove Prophet PBUH and All muslims must adhere to. And
Dont quote me wrongly,I only pointed to you that astrology or astronomy has been before the prophet mohammed(saw), so islam was not the first religion to incoporate such into their worship system.ryte from babylonia to egypt down to the assyrians (not syria) people have been using the moon to determine their worship.the only problem most people have is that we are not intellectually honest....intellectual honesty is characterised by your readiness to scrutinise what you believe and listen to other evidence available....there are countless numbers of evidence to prove that periodic fasting was not first brought by islam....there are other evidence available that facing the east to pray did not start with islam.....there countless number of evidence i just can go on and on.....unless you dont want to be honest intellectually......ps......am not pissed as you said..sallam.
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by haulagehandlers(m): 1:57am On Aug 18, 2012
ajobes:

Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by babamusty: 2:19am On Aug 18, 2012
Hello my muslim fellows, the rules in islam are clear cut rules.as relate to ramadan and the moon,it only talk about the month.the fact is that it haram to fast on the id day, that is the day that marks the beginning of new month.you can only do ramadan fasting in the month of ramadan.if the moon is sighted 6.00am in the morning it simply mean u are no more in the month of ramadan.u dont need anybody to tell u.new moon shows the beginning of new month but not the end of a current month.click on this link and see if u are still in ramadan month http://www.moonsighting.com/. Sorry my fellow muslim, today, saturday 18th of august is not a ramadan month.all u need to do to proof me wrong is to say what i have seen is not true.Thank u.
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by babamusty: 2:27am On Aug 18, 2012
maclatunji: It won't be recognized. The search has been formally called off. You should fast tomorrow, no excuses if you want to be true to yourself within Nigeria.

Hello my muslim fellows, the rules in islam are clear cut rules.as relate to ramadan and the moon,it only talk about the month.the fact is that it haram to fast on the id day, that is the day that marks the beginning of new month.you can only do ramadan fasting in the month of ramadan.if the moon is sighted 6.00am in the morning it simply mean u are no more in the month of ramadan.u dont need anybody to tell u.new moon shows the beginning of new month but not the end of a current month.click on this link and see if u are still in ramadan month http://www.moonsighting.com/. Sorry my fellow muslim, today, saturday 18th of august is not a ramadan month.all u need to do to proof me wrong is to say what i have seen is not true.Thank u.
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by mhsanni(f): 2:31am On Aug 18, 2012
HURRAY!!! I was actually prayn for eid to be on Sunday...One more day for a lil more ibadaat..Alhamdulilahsmiley

may Allah grant us the full blessing of d month and make us to witness many many more.. kulu sana wa antum bi khair.. EID MUBARAK in advance..

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by Nobody: 2:34am On Aug 18, 2012
My haulagehandlers. this thread is for the sighting of moon and not for arguing...
if u really want to drag us into interlectual clearification, pls u can start a new thread on this...ponit of correction,
muslims are not facing the east to pray but rather the Kaaba.
fasting in its total abstinancy from eating, drinkin, and other forms of pleasure is only enjoined by Islam. and its being observe upon the sighting of moon. All the prophets of God that came Before Prophet Muhammad PBUH practised islam and enjoined fasting just the way Muslims are doing[b][/b]
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by tpia5: 2:37am On Aug 18, 2012
Ramadan fasting dilemma when sun never sets

Practising Muslims across the world are observing Ramadan. For one month, they are fasting between sunrise and sunset. But what do Muslims do in a town where the sun never really goes down?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19199411
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by princemol: 2:40am On Aug 18, 2012
ajobes:

pls take ur time to study islam, u will definately reach a conclusion that we, Muslims are indee :Pd in the right path to salvation mr Pagan!
abaaa! just a simple question, u cal him a pagan. Is dat au u wnt spread islam?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Evils Of Interest Based Loans & Mortgages / Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today! / A Directory Of Islamic Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.