Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 (15276 Views)

The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures / What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? / China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Xinjiang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by odehaj: 2:49am On Aug 18, 2012
eedriyz:
AMERICA is making it up. Hope we'll see more light soon... All of us are in darkness. Why shouldn't they arrest Bin laden? At least they found and killed him unarmed. What about Muhammed Yusuf who was killed in the Police custody? America made a prophecy in 1999 that Nigeria must break before 2015, how will we get tired before then if BH are not in the film. They saw love (even if it was never a true one) and sensed their mission is impossible. I hate to say these words.
seriously, do you have to blame America for everything?very soon u wil blame them 4 including Jihad&sharia in ur book.
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by odehaj: 3:07am On Aug 18, 2012
ajobes:

Somany of them. ranging from science and tech, Law and order, Medicine, economy and politic, psychology, astromony {which is even the subject matter of this topic or thread}, physic and chemistry, relationship, property dev, etc....
pls take ur time to study islam, u will definately reach a conclusion that we, Muslims are indeed in the right path to salvation mr Pagan!
Winston Churchill in 1899 wrote:How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce,illiteracy and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property for sexualpleasure – either as a child, a wife, or a concubine – must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen: all know how to die but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that God sheltered Christianity in the strong arms of science,technology&inventions, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome.
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by Nobody: 3:07am On Aug 18, 2012
princemol:
abaaa! just a simple question, u cal him a pagan. Is dat au u wnt spread islam?

Dude am not spreading Islam Here. If I want to, i will go to RELIGION THREAD and do so. and if u want to follow me, Be my Guest.
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by Nobody: 3:21am On Aug 18, 2012
odehaj: Winston Churchill in 1899 wrote:How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce,illiteracy and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property for sexualpleasure – either as a child, a wife, or a concubine – must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen: all know how to die but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that God sheltered Christianity in the strong arms of science,technology&inventions, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome.
Story!!! are u making this Quotation from ur bible?
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by princemol: 3:23am On Aug 18, 2012
ajobes:

Dude am not spreading Islam Here. If I want to, i will go to RELIGION THREAD and do so. and if u want to follow me, Be my Guest.
Ok wait 4 me am on my way trekkin down grin grin grin
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by Nobody: 3:35am On Aug 18, 2012
Guy! this does not concern u guys. this is a thread for muslims Fasting and are preparing to break their Fasting for Eid Celebration.
its for Sighting of the moon of Shawwal by the Muslims. Abeg Make Una pack una wahala comot from here. if u wan drag us to religious wrestling abeg go relgion section go do am in ur usual cowardice way.
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by princemol: 3:57am On Aug 18, 2012
ajobes: Guy! this does not concern u guys. this is a thread for muslims Fasting and are preparing to break their Fasting for Eid Celebration.
its for Sighting of the moon of Shawwal by the Muslims. Abeg Make Una pack una wahala comot from here. if u wan drag us to religious wrestling abeg go relgion section go do am in ur usual cowardice way.
Guy! U askd me to follow u n I told u I dey ff com nw u say it does nt cencern me. I won follo u break nah!abi u no giv me food chop? grin grin grin
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by Nobody: 4:00am On Aug 18, 2012
princemol:
Guy! U askd me to follow u n I told u I dey ff com nw u say it does nt cencern me. I won follo u break nah!abi u no giv me food chop? grin grin grin
abeg no spoil this thread....
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by Nobody: 4:00am On Aug 18, 2012
princemol:

Abeg no spoil this thread....
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by greall1: 4:06am On Aug 18, 2012
Seun thanks for making it on front page may almighty allah bless & your family
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by Dawdy(m): 4:06am On Aug 18, 2012
Alhamdulillah, for withnessing the end of Ramadan today!
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by princemol: 4:09am On Aug 18, 2012
ajobes:

Abeg no spoil this thread....

How? Can't i play wit my 'fellow brother in islam'
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by Bakreez: 4:12am On Aug 18, 2012
Billyonaire: so the Moon is becoming a religious significance? Na wa o
The moon is not becoming but a religious significance in islam.
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by eedriyz(m): 4:19am On Aug 18, 2012
odehaj: seriously, do you have to blame America for everything?very soon u wil blame them 4 including Jihad&sharia in ur book.
I already did. They are evils
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by Yemnav: 4:28am On Aug 18, 2012
Da remaining one no fit kill person now............
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by Gbamar(f): 4:37am On Aug 18, 2012
eedriyz:
Chill dude. NEMO JUDEX EST CASASAU
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by gbadexy(m): 5:12am On Aug 18, 2012
Super1759: So what if the moon refuses to show up till next month.. Ara agba ndi ara
Have you ever experienced the moon not appearing for over a month before?
Muslims use lunar calender and not gregorian calender.
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by gbadexy(m): 5:13am On Aug 18, 2012
Super1759: So what if the moon refuses to show up till next month.. Ara agba ndi ara
Muslims use lunar calender and not gregorian calender which is more accurate by the way.
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by born2boink(m): 6:18am On Aug 18, 2012
gbogboti: Abeg they should sight it o. I no wan go work on monday-tuesday o
Resign,make you kukuu stay home patapata,abi na by force to work
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 18, 2012
gbadexy:
Muslims use lunar calender and not gregorian calender which is more accurate by the way.
The whole world adopted the gregorian calender,i believe to have some uniformity. And that doesn't mean that all christians practise their religion with it,take for instance the catholics and some early protestant churches they have their own church calender that begins at the end of november or at times beginning of december(advent). Pope gregory modified the julian calender which he (julian) adopted from the egyptians or babylonians can't remember which again. These people are known for astrology and astronomy in the ancient times. So going by what you are saying they are wrong, and i wonder where you copied your lunar calender from.
Have you ever experienced the moon not appearing for over a month before[/quote]The whole world adopted the gregorian calender,i believe to have some uniformity. And that doesn't mean that all christians practise their religion with it,take for instance the catholics and some early protestant churches they have their own church calender that begins at the end of november or at times beginning of december(advent). Pope gregory modified the julian calender which he (julian) adopted from the egyptians or babylonians can't remember which again. Please more research needed.
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by iaindabawa(m): 6:27am On Aug 18, 2012
‏ @spectatorindex

Average age women first become mothers. (years old)

South Korea: 31.4
Italy: 30.8
Spain: 30.7
Japan: 30.7
Greece: 30.2
Netherlands: 29.7
Ireland: 29.6
Germany: 29.5
Norway: 28.9
UK: 28.7
France: 28.5
Canada: 28.5
Israel: 27.6
Poland: 27
US: 26.4

(Pew Research
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by ayoola2002(m): 6:27am On Aug 18, 2012
born2fuck: Resign,make you kukuu stay home patapata,abi na by force to work
Nice answer, hope he listen to ur good advice, but na hungry you won play with.
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by larrycobham(m): 6:32am On Aug 18, 2012
yeah! from the counting of days in the lunar month, the moon is suppose to show up on the 29th day wch signifies that the days of that particular month is 29 days, and if it doesnt show up on the night of 29th day, then the month extends to 30 days...so, since its not showing up today, we'll fast tomorrow wch makes our fast 30 days and we'll break the fast...i hope this is informative!

yeah bro so infomative, nd thanks for dat piece of infomation
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by pharmow: 6:34am On Aug 18, 2012
cyril83: but av not seen beta ones since I was born...same attitude,very tempramental
Generalization and prejudicial assumptions won't let U understand the islamic teachings
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by deluckiest(m): 6:39am On Aug 18, 2012
ashson:
it is significant because weneva d moon shows up marks d beginning of a new month, which lasts in 29 or 30 days. islam goes with nature if u dnt knw, not like your gregorian fool dat can only calculate base on common man reasoning

Are u a true muslim? you're calling someone a fool. I wonder how u expect Allah to accept your prayers when you are intolerant of your fellow human. This is one of the reasons for the much concern about your religion. I guess you are among those who give your religion[Islam] a bad image. Learn to love.
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by ITSOLUTIONS: 7:20am On Aug 18, 2012
But i see the moon every day or am i missing something?
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by passionate88: 7:24am On Aug 18, 2012
eedriyz:
yet ur brothers and sisters world wide look upto the evil ones for help.. It suprises me that whenever there's famine or crisis in the islamic world, it's still this "evil" country that the citizens look upto.. The Americans are not the people fueling this crisis, it's the islamist group boko haram backed by some northern islamic leaders and politicians.. I keep asking you apologists, if the FG is sponsoring boko haram and they are political, why do they attack churches the most?, why nt attack mosques?.
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by delords2: 7:29am On Aug 18, 2012
This Moon sef na only Prophet de see am. Why ordinary man no de see? Na waooo.... Well make wuna continue sha but i hope person no go faint for road. Because some mallams sef de ves for this kind try fasting
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by JaaizTech: 7:40am On Aug 18, 2012
Castos: Please I do have questions to ask. All these bad reputations of islam, was it that islamic teachings were not properly taught and the believers lacked orientation? Do islam hate other religion? How did the seven virgin story came about? Did prophet Muhamed made mistakes in delivering the teachings of Allah? Why must the it be muslims that are the most feared when they claim peace? Why must it be that religion Islam? Why?
Thanks. for making an honest enquiry. There is no doubt in any sincere Muslim that there exists an extremist group amongst Muslims today, and that extremism is not limited to Islam alone but can be found in all other religions too. However, Islamic extremism has been more pronounced and promoted due to these 2 major factors. (1) The Imposition of Israel in the Middle-east (In fact that could be said to be the genesis) (2) Media Propaganda. Except one wants to be unfair and bias, Israel has no place in the middle-east, the people of Palestine were unfairly dislodged, and the West (America and UK) created Israel right in the middle of palestine, this resulted in a war, which Israel won (of course with the help of America & UK), but the struggle against the Israeli occupation continues. This struggle some what has metaphorsised into a war against America with Al-Qaeda being the arrow head. Before the strong emergence of Al qaeda, there was the Soviet war in Afghanistan, where the Afghans fought against Russia Occupation with the help of USA and Pakistan. Then they were referred to as Freedom Fighters, and Osama bin Laden was a key player, after the victory against the Soviet union, the Mujahideen as they were referred to were spurred to continue the strive against any perceived threats or what they considered injustice against Muslims. There and then America came into the picture and with time things metamorphosed into what we have today. There is no doubt that different groups of Muslims across the world became sympathetic and started to believe in the Al-qaeda's solution to the problem, which involved suicide attacks and some times indescriminate bombing; Boko-Haram is an example of such misguided and naive group.
Another key Factor is Oil, America is has very strong interest in Oil rich countries and hence desires to have strong control or influence on them, hence America has made it a policy to dislodge, or tag with a bad name any regime that refuses be its puppy e.g Venezuela, Cuba, Iran, Libya etc. In order to achieve its goals of control over the Arab world (which is Oil rich), America has employed all sort of strategies including allowing the World Trade centre to be attacked, and even spicing it up. There a lot of conspiracy theories out there about September 11; and a lot of analyst (including myself) still find it strange that a plane alone would bring down the world trade centre, the way it did. (The Dana plane crash is an example to show how much damage a plane can cause). This is a topic for another day, but the bottom line is it appears America created a reason to gain support to go to war. Not only did it attack Afghanistan, it also had to invade Iraq, even when clearly Iraq posed no threat, but of course is very strategic to Oil wealth. All these actions created more anger and the ideologies of extremist groups started to grow and become more justified. Furthermore propangada by the west continued to paint Islam / Muslims as terrorists, in order to justify their own actions; back home in Nigeria, the media has used every opportunity to label Islam / Muslims as bad people or terrorists, they under-report attacks and abuses on Muslims, but when Muslim groups carry out attacks they hit the headlines with graphic details (Jos & Kaduna are perfect examples). Islam is the Religion of Abraham, Jesus, Moses and all the Prophet. This is every where in the Quran, Islam acknowledges the miraculous birth of Jesus, the Sainthood of Mary, in fact it is a sin in Islam to desecrate the Bible as every Muslim is required to believe in it, however the Bible as it is today can not be said to be the exact words of God, as it is marred with errors and inaccurate tales (these are not my thoughts, read the preface of the King James Bible). Islam is a religion of peace, don't judge it from a distance, read about Islam and you will find out that it couldn't have been from any other but God HIMSELF.

Quran 4:136 O you who believe! Believe in Allah, and his Messenger (Muhammad (S.A.W)) and the Book (Quran) which He has sent down to his messenger,and the scriptures (New Testament (Injeel), Old testament (Torah etc) which He sent down to those before him; and whosoever disbelieves in Allah, His angels, His books, His messengers (Muhammad, Jesus, Moses etc) and the last day, then indeed He has strayed far away

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by JaaizTech: 8:22am On Aug 18, 2012
delord's:
This Moon sef na only Prophet de see am. Why ordinary man no de see? Na waooo.... Well make wuna continue sha but i hope person no go faint for road. Because some mallams sef de ves for this kind try fasting
bROS. FOR YOUR SHOW OF NAIVETY AND IGNORANCE, ONE HAS TO ASK DO YOU LIVE IN MARS! OR MAYBE IN THE MOON
Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by Kellymann: 9:00am On Aug 18, 2012
@JaizTech,

Thanks for ur informative response. For those of us muslims who react and are abusive with our comments, we should be ashamed of ourselves. We want to prove to people that we are not the way we are painted and we take to abuse. That I feel is an attitude problem with us. We should try and re-shape our attitude and if 30 days of fasting hasn't done that for us, I wonder what would.

A non-muslim who come across with scornful and sarcastic comments is influenced by a lot of things that has formed is opinion about Islam, the best we can do is to enlighten the person in a very nice manner. The Prophet (PBUH) said, explain about Islam to people with wisdom and beautiful advice. If we claim we are Muslims and we take offense at the slightest sarcastic comment then I think something is wrong and its all about our attitude.

Those making those spiteful comments are actually making it with the intention of provoking that instinct to be abusive which is present in any human being (I feel this is an animal instinct in every human being and only makes the human being more animal if not controlled). If we do exactly what they expect we'll do based on the opinion they've already formed about about us, then we have only succeeded in making ourselves their instrument of entertainment. But if we ignore them, focus on and explain issues in as much nice way as we can, then we would have prove them wrong.

Let's as Muslims work on our attitude and at the end of the day, most of the message we want to pass across will be much easier. I believe any Muslim who want to make comments henceforth will do that with a considerable amount of decorum and wisdom. Anyone who stoop so low as to be abusive after this then does not deserve to be called a Muslim. Let's all check ourselves. Allahu 'Alam (Allah knows best).

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 by MrTAnonymous(m): 9:03am On Aug 18, 2012
Series22: Now i bliv Bokoharam has got nothing 2 do wit religion, they attack christians and muslims alike.. Now dem don hide moon.. I weep 4 Nigeria
abi ooh,boko haram don hide am*laughs*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ramadan Is Here - A Month Of Reformation & Redefinition. Are You Ready? / The Evils Of Interest Based Loans & Mortgages / Ramadan Starts Tomorrow : Tarawee Starts Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.