Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Should I End My Marriage - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I End My Marriage (22065 Views)

Should I End This Relationship. / How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders / Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I End My Marriage by otokx(m): 4:36pm On Aug 20, 2012
A snake must always give birth to something long be it green, black or grey. This things should have been thrashed out before marriage - you could have come here for advice then we would have told you to forget it. There was this Roman Catholic girl that was even telling me that should we marry we could go our separate ways to different churches but that the children would follow her and i laughed and told her to forget it. Looking around those who are roman catholic married to others, the handwriting is very clear - no unity when it comes to church. About ending the marriage; there is only one condition that you remain unmarried afterwards so make your choice
Re: Should I End My Marriage by lanrefront1(m): 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Again . . .

READ THE BIBLE FOR YOURSELF . . . Stop depending on elders and the lot to spoon feed you what is NOT even according to the Bible.

And all that I've said, there is church leader here beside me telling what to write?

You have no discourse on this matter, except to whip up emotions and throw tantrums.

You keep repeating read the bible yourself. Are the things I' talking not in the bible. Anyway, Miss lovely kobo-junkie, its been nice while it lasted. Let's call it a day, and help me say hello to your friend Sisi-kill on the way out. Seems she took offence at my post referencing " head" and "lovely". Help me tell her that I am sorry.

So,......peace. Out.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2012
lanre_front:

And all that I've said, there is church leader here beside me telling what to write?

You have no discourse on this matter, except to whip up emotions and throw tantrums.

You keep repeating read the bible yourself. Are the things I' talking not in the bible. Anyway, Miss lovely kobo-junkie, its been nice while it lasted. Let's call it a day, and help me say hello to your friend Sisi-kill on the way out. Seems she took offence at my post referencing " head" and "lovely". Help me tell her that I am sorry.

So,......peace. Out.

[size=13pt]USE YOUR OWN BRAIN . . . Stop having people tell you what to write and how to write it. Stop having people tell you what to believe and how to believe it about God of the Bible. Read the Bible so you can learn about the God of the Bible for yourself. God gave you a brain of your own. USE IT!! READ THE BIBLE FOR YOURSELF and Stop regurgitating some old nincompoops/dingbats think you should write instead of what is in the Bible. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Should I End My Marriage by Genius100: 5:33pm On Aug 20, 2012
Only a demented person will take relationship advise from Kobojunkie. There is no doubt in my mind that she either is unmaried or in a terrible relationship. OP, you are best advised to completely ignore anything she writes..
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Genius100: 5:35pm On Aug 20, 2012
For me, it's not a big deal for a husband and wife to go to different churches. But like so many people have pointed out, her deceit and complete unyielding stance is great cause for concern. OP, I believe you have a lot more heartaches to come.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by naptu2: 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:

[size=13pt]USE YOUR OWN BRAIN . . . Stop having people tell you what to write and how to write it. Stop having people tell you what to believe and how to believe it about God of the Bible. Read the Bible so you can learn about the God of the Bible for yourself. God gave you a brain of your own. USE IT!! READ THE BIBLE FOR YOURSELF and Stop regurgitating some old nincompoops/dingbats think you should write instead of what is in the Bible. [/size]

Genius100: Only a demented person will take relationship advise from Kobojunkie. There is no doubt in my mind that she either is unmaried or in a terrible relationship. OP, you are best advised to completely ignore anything she writes..

grin grin grin Funny as hell
Re: Should I End My Marriage by lanrefront1(m): 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2012
naptu2:

grin grin grin Funny as hell

Yeah, you right about that one; funny as hell. I am making intellectual discourse and analysis from the Bible, yet keeps telling me to read my Bible myself!

Yet she says nothing in return to the points have raised.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Aug 20, 2012
lanre_front:

Yeah, you right about that one; funny as hell. I am making intellectual discourse and analysis from the Bible, yet keeps telling me to read my Bible myself!

Yet she says nothing in return to the points have raised.

Funny thing is I have not give you @lanre_font relationship advise. I have simply told you to READ THE BIBLE. If that is too much to ask of you, a supposed Christian, then something is wrong somewhere, and I hope God saves anyone else you try to spread your brand of Christianity to.

Again . . .
Kobojunkie:

[size=13pt]USE YOUR OWN BRAIN . . . Stop having people tell you what to write and how to write it. Stop having people tell you what to believe and how to believe it about God of the Bible. Read the Bible so you can learn about the God of the Bible for yourself. God gave you a brain of your own. USE IT!! READ THE BIBLE FOR YOURSELF and Stop regurgitating what some old nincompoops/dingbats think you should write instead of what is in the Bible. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Should I End My Marriage by vanitty: 6:22pm On Aug 20, 2012
What bible is this your woman reading from? that I will like to know!
However you, mr poster can't keep shouting divorce over every issue, man up @ poster.
A wise & patient man knows how to 'handle' his home issues. Be wise!
Re: Should I End My Marriage by lanrefront1(m): 6:41pm On Aug 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Funny thing is I have not give you @lanre_font relationship advise. I have simply told you to READ THE BIBLE. If that is too much to ask of you, a supposed Christian, then something is wrong somewhere, and I hope God saves anyone else you try to spread your brand of Christianity to.

Again . . .

Hey, Miss lovely kobo-junkie,

Telling me to read my Bible pre-supposes that I don't read my Bible.

Then, what is my brand of christianity? And you can tell that from a discussion about divorce?

Oh no, I already said Peace. Out. But see what you've done: you dragged me all out here again.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 6:51pm On Aug 20, 2012
lanre_front:

Hey, Miss lovely kobo-junkie,

Telling me to read my Bible pre-supposes that I don't read my Bible.

Then, what is my brand of christianity? And you can tell that from a discussion about divorce?

Oh no, I already said Peace. Out. But see what you've done: you dragged me all out here again.

I don't have to suppose you don't read the Bible. The statements you have made so far on what the Bible says leads me to believe you need to go back and read that book. You have made so many rookie mistakes of what is contained in that book. For all you know my knowledge of what is in that book may come from my researching it for a paper or two for school. I know a lot of the things you have said are not Biblical . . . Nowhere in the bible are you told that Elders can NULLIFY a union created by God yet you have boldly made that claim more than once. What do you expect me to say? "Good job @Lanre_font, for saying what is not in the Bible but yet attributing it somehow to God in the end"? Really?

1 Like

Re: Should I End My Marriage by naptu2: 7:00pm On Aug 20, 2012
Comprehension is a problem. Sigh.

1) If a drunk man and a drunk woman stand before their friend on a dark street and their friend says, "I now pronounce you man and wife", are they really married?

2) If a man, who is already married (without divorcing his previous wife, or even separating from her), takes a woman to church and the pastor says, "I now pronounce you man and wife", are they really married?
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Ninapha(f): 9:06pm On Aug 20, 2012
martin2699: Well, if you have been attending the Catholic church believe me you won't be in a hurry to contemplate divorce. #JustSaying
Dont go there. So catholics dont divorce or he has no mind of his?

This attitude is why most catholic ladies stay till 40 years witout marryn. Come to Anambra and see old ladies and their a catholic must marry me attitude. Shewww!
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2012
Ninapha: .
Dont go there. So catholics dont divorce or he has no mind of his?

This attitude is why most catholic ladies stay till 40 years witout marryn. Come to Anambra and see old ladies and their a catholic must marry me attitude. Shewww!

Why are you against their choice?
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Juzzybabe(f): 10:20pm On Aug 20, 2012
She was very wrong to av deceived u.bt my dear,u shud forget about the religion issue n move on. For me i dnt think its enough reason to divorce her.by the way,catholic n anglican share similar faith,all believe in one God,so,wat den is d problem? As for her age,u knew dt wen u settle for her,n d rev fr. Issue,be mindful of wat u say.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by SisiKill1: 10:22pm On Aug 20, 2012
Kobo. . . I think it is official - You have the patience of a saint. My God! How do you do it??

Dude is sooooo indoctrinated, it is sad. How does one get to that point. . . I wonder. I mean to have that kinda absolute belief in what the pastors and elders says, you can't even get him to be open to the possibility that these are men therefore subject to the same follies as us regular folks.

It is truly a scary thing to witness undecided
Re: Should I End My Marriage by SisiKill1: 10:27pm On Aug 20, 2012
martin2699: Well, if you have been attending the Catholic church believe me you won't be in a hurry to contemplate divorce. #JustSaying
Lmao! Touche!!! cheesy
Re: Should I End My Marriage by beqs101(f): 11:37pm On Aug 20, 2012
In as much as religious beliefs is very important in a marriage because it brings the partners closer and helps them pray together,it shouldn't cause so much rift in the home cuz,it's still the same God you both are serving. My dad is a jehovah withness while my mum goes to church yet,they never had issues as regards to who converts who..and I'm sure y'all know how JW sees other christains outside their faith?
My point here is,divorcing your wife cuz of religion,isn't cool at all. You're the man of the house so you should try and still work it out with her and I'm sure with time,u both will come to a compromise. Remember if u really are a good christain,the only grounds for divorce is adultery and that's not the case here.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 12:33am On Aug 21, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Kobo. . . I think it is official - You have the patience of a saint. My God! How do you do it??

Dude is sooooo indoctrinated, it is sad. How does one get to that point. . . I wonder. I mean to have that kinda absolute belief in what the pastors and elders says, you can't even get him to be open to the possibility that these are men therefore subject to the same follies as us regular folks.

Na wa oo . . . . I didn't know that reading the bible na èwo
Re: Should I End My Marriage by plasgidy: 2:09am On Aug 21, 2012
My dear, if you love ur wife dont let church denomination brake ur marriage except there ar other things u observed that u dont want to tell us, my bible said if any one among couple is in christ he is a new creture in a nonshel ur faith covers ur wife even if she is a pagan talk less o[color=#006600][/color]f she is christian, pls manage her if u ar in love in future she may change cool, God bless
Re: Should I End My Marriage by lanrefront1(m): 2:24am On Aug 21, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Kobo. . . I think it is official - You have the patience of a saint. My God! How do you do it??

You guys are so funny. Where does it say I have absolute faith in what Pastors and elders believe?

Sometimes, some events or things happen in church someone has to make a decision about it. You think God comes down physically and makes them? Why are you girls being so petty?

I'm merely saying kobo-junkie should stop quoting one aspect of the Bible on a subject. You should take the entire discourse of the Bible on the subject as a whole. Simple. Is that so difficult for you to comprehend?

You say I'm regaling with tales. They are not tales. These are real life stories.

It is a fact that churches have had to annul marriages in special circumstances; and it has happened in all the major reputable church you can think of: MFM, Redeem, Deeper Life, Foursquare, CAC, The Apostolic Church.......

It is true that a christian should have a mind of his and read the Bible himself. But its another thing to think that reputable church leaders all don't know the Bible, that you are the one that really knows?

Okay Miss wise girl, someone pls help me ask this girls, in cases where an impotent man marries a christian sister, what does the church do? Pls do answer.

Churches do not publicize these things. No church will say I have annul this number of marriages; Praise the Lord. No, but they will boast about the marriages they have conducted.

I have not said the Bible suppotrs divorce. No, God doesn't like it. But is also wrong for u to say the Bible forbids divorce 100 percent of 100 percent of the time no matter the circumstance. It is wrong because it's simply not true. You accuse me of not reading the Bible. Reaaly? Maybe is u girls that are not, because this things are not hidden in the Bible.

I have mentioned Apostle Paul. You never refuted that he did not say what I said he told the church in one of his letters. All have heard from you is sentiments and words like; poor guy, so indoctrinated, no mind of his own. Tomorrow I will post that Bible portion of what Paul said tomorrow . Am I the one that wrote that in the Bible? Is Paul among those church leaders you say we must not believe their words? Pls do tell. No sentiments this time.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 2:48am On Aug 21, 2012
lanre_front:

You guys are so funny. Where does it say I have absolute faith in what Pastors and elders believe?

Sometimes, some events or things happen in church someone has to make a decision about it. You think God comes down physically and makes them? Why are you girls being so petty?

I'm merely saying kobo-junkie should stop quoting one aspect of the Bible on a subject. You should take the entire discourse of the Bible on the subject as a whole. Simple. Is that so difficult for you to comprehend?

You say I'm regaling with tales. They are not tales. These are real life stories.

It is a fact that churches have had to annul marriages in special circumstances; and it has happened in all the major reputable church you can think of: MFM, Redeem, Deeper Life, Foursquare, CAC, The Apostolic Church.......

It is true that a christian should have a mind of his and read the Bible himself. But its another thing to think that reputable church leaders all don't know the Bible, that you are the one that really knows?

Okay Miss wise girl, someone pls help me ask this girls, in cases where an impotent man marries a christian sister, what does the church do? Pls do answer.

Churches do not publicize these things. No church will say I have annul this number of marriages; Praise the Lord. No, but they will boast about the marriages they have conducted.

I have not said the Bible suppotrs divorce. No, God doesn't like it. But is also wrong for u to say the Bible forbids divorce 100 percent of 100 percent of the time no matter the circumstance. It is wrong because it's simply not true. You accuse me of not reading the Bible. Reaaly? Maybe is u girls that are not, because this things are not hidden in the Bible.

I have mentioned Apostle Paul. You never refuted that he did not say what I said he told the church in one of his letters. All have heard from you is sentiments and words like; poor guy, so indoctrinated, no mind of his own. Tomorrow I will post that Bible portion of what Paul said tomorrow . Am I the one that wrote that in the Bible? Is Paul among those church leaders you say we must not believe their words? Pls do tell. No sentiments this time.

enough of the rambling. Now show us where in all of the bible, God says elders can annul marriages. Do it! If you are so comfident that what those churches are doing is according to the Bible, you should not have a hard time showing us where it is in the bible.
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Johndoe100(m): 5:19am On Aug 21, 2012
Genius100: Only a demented person will take relationship advise from Kobojunkie. There is no doubt in my mind that she either is unmaried or in a terrible relationship. OP, you are best advised to completely ignore anything she writes..

To be honest I am amazed that kobo actually knows what men and women do together in a bedroom. I may be unfair but she has repeatedly disdained issues of the flesh. Most of the girls here are fairly open about themselves, relationship wise, Kobo still refuses to confirm if she is female or male.

Who will marry her, would you? Seriously would you?
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 21, 2012

1 Like

Re: Should I End My Marriage by shaybebaby(f): 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2012
k2039:
There was a mutual agreement about the church they were going to attend as a couple before they approached the alter(she agreed acording to the poster).She is violating/violated that agreement.
People break their word all the time and yes it hurts when we have certain expectation of people and they let us down. Does the poster have every right to be upset as this is something which is obviously important to him? Yes. But seeking divorce as a solution seems like an overreaction to me. He is complaining about what is important to him but has he considered what is important to her? There are so many verses in the bible that admonish this type of behaviour i.e the 10 commandments"Love your neighbour as thyself". Christianity is so important to him yet all I've heard is "ME! ME!! ME!!!" He should treat her as he wants to be treated, he wants to be free to make his choice on what denomination to follow, so should she. He is passing judgement on her faith as not being good enough yet again the bible says"Judge not lest ye be judged". A bit confusing if you ask me. I reckon he is angry at her but we have been commanded to be angry but not sin( I'm on the role here with my scriptures and I don't even go to church). My point is the whole thing is a joke if he cannot apply these teachings to his everyday life, he might as well not go to any church. Obviously, he is only going to mark attendance not to listen and learn.

1 Like

Re: Should I End My Marriage by alajor(m): 2:13pm On Aug 21, 2012
Dude u fvcked up big time when u agreed,and married her in her church instead of ur churh,chikena. U didn't play ur part as d man,now she feels she ride u bcus she's now married to u.make u act b4 she becums ur husband
Re: Should I End My Marriage by SisiKill1: 3:04pm On Aug 21, 2012
shaybe baby:
People break their word all the time and yes it hurts when we have certain expectation of people and they let us down. Does the poster have every right to be upset as this is something which is obviously important to him? Yes. But seeking divorce as a solution seems like an overreaction to me. He is complaining about what is important to him but has he considered what is important to her? There are so many verses in the bible that admonish this type of behaviour i.e the 10 commandments"Love your neighbour as thyself". Christianity is so important to him yet all I've heard is "ME! ME!! ME!!!" He should treat her as he wants to be treated, he wants to be free to make his choice on what denomination to follow, so should she. He is passing judgement on her faith as not being good enough yet again the bible says"Judge not lest ye be judged". A bit confusing if you ask me. I reckon he is angry at her but we have been commanded to be angry but not sin( I'm on the role here with my scriptures and I don't even go to church). My point is the whole thing is a joke if he cannot apply these teachings to his everyday life, he might as well not go to any church. Obviously, he is only going to mark attendance not to listen and learn.

Aaaaaaaaaaamen Sister!!!
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Tudor6(f): 6:34pm On Aug 21, 2012
The word of God Says, Can Two work together unless they agree? Our Lord jesus said in Matt Chapter 10, "Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it"

Our Father in heaven has spoken. Your wife is the enemy. Please don't let her drag you into purgatory and hell. Cut her loose that though may enjoy the kingdom set for us by jehovah Elohim. Remember these are the last days, The arm of the clock is just a few minutes before 12. This wife if yours is not important, discard her according to the word of God. the ultimate bride we have is JESUS, JESUS, and he's coming to marry us soon. Hallelujah.

Please read psalm 91 and 101 tonight for spiritual edification. Hossanna
Re: Should I End My Marriage by naptu2: 7:00pm On Aug 21, 2012
Tudór6: The word of God Says, Can Two work together unless they agree? Our Lord jesus said in Matt Chapter 10, "Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it"

Our Father in heaven has spoken. Your wife is the enemy. Please don't let her drag you into purgatory and hell. Cut her loose that though may enjoy the kingdom set for us by jehovah Elohim. Remember these are the last days, The arm of the clock is just a few minutes before 12. This wife if yours is not important, discard her according to the word of God. the ultimate bride we have is JESUS, JESUS, and he's coming to marry us soon. Hallelujah.

grin grin grin
shocked shocked shocked (Tudor is back!).
Re: Should I End My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 8:22pm On Aug 21, 2012
Tudór6: The word of God Says, Can Two work together unless they agree? Our Lord jesus said in Matt Chapter 10, "Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it"

sO . . . . . Jesus came to preach divorce?
Re: Should I End My Marriage by IgboGirl(f): 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2012
@OP

Your wife deceived you and you have every right to take whatever action you deem necessary. One would imagine at 36 she would be willing to compromise in a marriage. You've played your part, you've compromised when she wasn't willing to so it's time for you make the best decision for you.

And for those saying religion is not a big deal in marriage, you are wrong!

@Kobojunkie
You seem to be all over this thread. You're even more invested in it than the OP. smh!

1 Like

Re: Should I End My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On Aug 21, 2012
^^^ I seem to be all over this thread more than I am all over other threads? ?? Or are you just looking for some attention from me?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mother Accuses Soldiers Of Stomping 20-month-old Baby To Death In Delta (pic) / Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) / "Giving Your Toddler A Smartphone Is Like Giving Them Hard Drugs" - Says Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.