Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,514 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take (19821 Views)

Core Arsenal Couple Celebrate Their Wedding In An Amazing Way (Photo) / Marriage In Absentia(pics) / Can Someone Please Explain/Justify: "Wedding In Absentia" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by ronkebp(f): 11:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
coogar:

your cousin is guilty of bigamy!
the dude needs to be manually castrated by an androgynist!

well you have forgotten that only the cout marraige is valid.....and he did that with the lady he married, i feel for the other lady...but marraige is not a joke.
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by dayokanu(m): 11:46pm On Aug 23, 2012
ronkebp: A lady did traditional wedding in absentia with my cousin there in Nigeria, my cousin wedded another......

Even people who do physical weddings do these same thing.

My friends dad was running 2 families in Lagos without his main family knowing. His first born with one wife was like 36yrs the first born with another woman was like 28yrs before the bubble burst

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by Tgirl4real(f): 12:01am On Aug 24, 2012
chamotex:
@Tgirl

Please can you list reasons why people adopt this method?
I'm trying hard to think of any valid reason.

Lol. Did u read the thread at all?? Dayokanu has given a million and one reasons why people can adopt this method; chief being that the couple are stuck in obodo oyinbo and they wan do traditional wedding by force.
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by ronkebp(f): 12:25am On Aug 24, 2012
dayokanu:

Even people who do physical weddings do these same thing.

My friends dad was running 2 families in Lagos without his main family knowing. His first born with one wife was like 36yrs the first born with another woman was like 28yrs before the bubble burst

Hmmmmmm!!!!!! what was his reason for living that way?
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by armyofone(m): 12:34am On Aug 24, 2012
@dayokanu

show me your friend and i'd tell you who you are tongue

this kin marriage, agro dey catch me.
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by dayokanu(m): 4:30am On Aug 24, 2012
ronkebp:

Hmmmmmm!!!!!! what was his reason for living that way?

The same reason why people cheat or have concubines
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by dayokanu(m): 4:30am On Aug 24, 2012
armyofone: @dayokanu

show me your friend and i'd tell you who you are tongue

this kin marriage, agro dey catch me.

So from looking at you what can you tell about me
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by Ndata(m): 5:47am On Aug 24, 2012
@DANKA7777
Let them suspend the marriage until both are conveniently ready. Why all the haste? If the guy hasn't gotten his footing yet in abroad...no papers, then why is he bent on getting a wife? Chill out YOUNG MAN...get your papers first. If you need a woman to sleep with they are a lot of them there. You an continue doing this until you get your papers and ready, then you can discuss life partner.

Wait till he gets his papers first? You got to be kidding me.The guy is 39years old and the lady is 33years and his papers will be complete in 3 to 4 years time.Do you suggest he waits till he is 42/43 to get married?
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by dayokanu(m): 5:54am On Aug 24, 2012
^^ Do papers even have a date? Some people have been trying for papers for 15yrs plus.

So a 35yr old guy should wait till he is 50?

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by CBOZ: 6:24am On Aug 24, 2012
now that is absurd! but trust naija babes and their money monger parents...
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 24, 2012
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by Dubemkelly(m): 8:55am On Aug 24, 2012
Have seen such weddings conducted in my family,it happens if da guy aint in twn saddled wit da voluminous working conditions in disapora,I think its quite acceptable if pix r used in absentia or d groom's brother standing in 4 da groom,after which d bride goes 2 meet her hubby wherever he resides,it happns nd has worked 4 my relatives who dd dat....The one I hate wit passion is d wife staying behind after da whole thing

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by Deedee49(f): 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2012
Dis is ridiculous!

Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by armyofone(m): 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2012
abi, i think it is best they marry where they are oversea no matter what kind of gal they have around grin. bad gal good for Nigeria man cheesy
instead of having a gal in Nigeria suffer in front of 'his' picture.

quite funny. the idea of sitting beside a picture is so grin.

oversea virus still fit catch that ice cool wifey from nigeria now grin
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by free2ryhme: 1:51pm On Aug 24, 2012
Deedee49: Dis is ridiculous!

y are u pple so quick to criticized. I have seem marriages contracted in dis form mostly by the yorubas and a good nbr of them are happily married. And you my dear are a joke
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by armyofone(m): 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2012
volum. . . right, was that his excuse? oh well undecided
everyone is given 2weeks each year. some could easily take more break too.
but you know, if they say they can't afford flight ticket, that's undestandable.
excuse for not having time due to work? phu leese now.

Dubemkelly: Have seen such weddings conducted in my family,it happens if da guy aint in twn saddled wit da voluminous working conditions in disapora,I think its quite acceptable if pix r used in absentia or d groom's brother standing in 4 da groom,after which d bride goes 2 meet her hubby wherever he resides,it happns nd has worked 4 my relatives who dd dat....The one I hate wit passion is d wife staying behind after da whole thing

groom brother? haba!
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by richling77(m): 2:15pm On Aug 24, 2012
You mean something as dumb as this?
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 24, 2012
spyder880: Witnessed such marriage, groom was in London and the younger bro was representing.
That means she is married to the guy's younger brother because the vows are taken by him
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by odehme: 2:27pm On Aug 24, 2012
marriage s now a hot cake
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by chiochio1(m): 4:03pm On Aug 24, 2012
THIS LOOKS LIKE OBITUARY CEREMONY TO ME, SHAME ON THE LADIES THAT WILL ACCEPT SUCH...I LIVES ABROAD AND ANY TIME I AM DOWN FOR MARRIAGE I AM GOING HOME STRAIGHT, IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO GO TO YOUR COUNTRY AND MARRY, THEN YOU STILL NOT QUALIFIED TO MARY...JUST MY TAUGHT NO OFFENSE. undecided
floridam:
Oga abi baby TDC, you have made a point about marriage being an agreement or exchange of vows between 2 people wether by mail or telegraph but where I disagree with u is in the area of being married to a stick or carrot on the day of the event.
Marriage to an African man like me will be a thing of joy and happiness seeing my daughter standing with the groom receiving prayers from me and not a stick, carrot or a photograph instead.
It also is an act of respect for the other family seeing the better half of their child standing and not a stick.
Abi na the guy go first travel go abroad?
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by dayokanu(m): 4:23pm On Aug 24, 2012
chaircover:

So why then must he marry a particular girl especially if they are not going to see each other for "n" number of years. Doesn't that alone defeat the whole purpose of marriage which is for companionship? Cant they both find someone else. Besides what kind of married life can you have with a virtual stranger? You dont even know if he leaves the toilet seat up after a pee, presses the toothpaste from the middle or he has smelly feet lipsrsealed

I gave 2 scenarios one both of them are already together abroad and the one at home is just the traditional because they both cant come home.

2. One partner in Nigeria one abroad and the one in Nigeria can get a visa (syudent, visiting etc) to go live with the other but the other cant come over.
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by mikeokiro: 10:59pm On Aug 24, 2012
it is ignorance and illiteracy the reason so many of u here are saying why not do the registry wedding there and do the traditional when they can, or get married where they are. have u all forgotten that alot of our people abroad are staying there without papers to even identify themselves not to talk of being registerd.

let me ask all these people saying what they dont know, if u are in a foreign land, living there illegally, hoping to get ur papers but for years u were not able to get the papers and u are possibly 40 or approaching 50 years, and u happends to meet a lady who is also living there illegally like u, u both agreed to be husband and wife, will u say u hv to wait till God knows when the papers would come b4 u get married and start to hv a family or are u going to tell me u would start to be living together and begin to have children without the bride price of the lady been paid and the necessary things done by both families ?
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 25, 2012
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 25, 2012
JAkpayen: @ Tgirl4real: It's desparateness that is leading most of our ladies into such act.

Desparateness
?? That's a new word for me.
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 25, 2012
Siena:

Desparateness
?? That's a new word for me.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by cutefiola(f): 12:59pm On Aug 25, 2012
embarassedThat's just crazy,why would i get married to a picture.there's no commitment since ♏y husband can't make it for his wedding that just means A̶̲̥̅♏ not important aπϑ when we have greater issues he won't be there for me or †ђξ kids.S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡  ♏Ɣ weddn nyt  wuld slip alone.
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by dayokanu(m): 3:30pm On Aug 25, 2012
chaircover:

In which case, they both cant leave the country and so both families can get together and do it without either of them being there.

Isnt that wedding in absentia?

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 25, 2012
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by juman(m): 8:28am On Aug 26, 2012
Even those that involved in that kind of marriage are pressed to do that because of their situations.

Who will not like to partake in person in his/her marriage thing?
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by Ndata(m): 4:21pm On Aug 26, 2012
Even those that involved in that kind of marriage are pressed to do that because of their situations.

Who will not like to partake in person in his/her marriage thing?

Abi!Na condition they say wey bend crayfish.
Re: Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take by ayemko: 3:23pm On Mar 06, 2013
people resort to such measures beacause of notbeing able to get their documents in london/overseas ....if one can travel freely it is ok, having said that it would have been better if both parties were absent...that is how it was conducted for both of my sisters ...they are both british citizens and so are their husbands

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Causes Tension Between Wives And Mother-in-laws? / A Cry For Help. / What Happens When The Wife Earns More? .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.