Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... (5419 Views)

Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! / Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It / Nigerian Children Ashamed Of Their Names ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by Nobody: 2:20am On Aug 25, 2012
nyameke: you still have not defined what culture means to you..

Btw the bolded is soo ignorant, stupi.d and hypocritical and stems from low self esteem that I cant begin to even take you serious. Dude even your barbaric forefathers would not want to live how they lived 1000s of years ago if they lived until the present time.. People evolve dummy and so does their cultural beliefs and ways. Only fools live in the past. The target is always moving and when you keep firing at the same spot, you’ll miss the mark. I have already told you that what was a good way of doing things in the past might not be the best way in the present..

You're not a very smart man. You want to live like how your forefathers lived 1000s of years ago yet you are here using the internet. Writing in a foreign language and probably living in a western world. You watch tv Etc and use all of the modern stuff invented by modern men and yet you're here talking nonsense..
Only cowards talks the talks but never walks the walks. Shouldn't you be in a cave or tent somewhere living the nomadic lifestyle that your forefathers lived?

OMFG!
EXACTLY! cool grin

and Shollypopz had the nerve to say my enlightenment argument is senseless.
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by Fulaman198(m): 5:59am On Aug 25, 2012
This thread really only affects those who are Westerners or are Westernized. In reality, many of you in this thread know the truth and I bet many of you think it is "cool" to be like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzsfpVwdNCk

If that is who you want to be like then fine, be a D'banj or a 2face idibia. A lot of you have no shame and just want to continue being a copycat. Like Suyu said, as long as I'm not the one who is losing my culture and trying to be wannabe Westerners like D'Banj and many Nigerians of this age, I have nothing to worry about. This was just a wake up call for your children and your children's children in the future. If you guys think it is ok to lose tradition and culture be my guest.

1 Like

Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by tpia5: 6:35am On Aug 25, 2012
^ your thinking is too one-dimensional.

which is ok for you, but you err when you try to impose those narrow views on everyone else, and without accepting input from others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mboho Mkparawa Ye Ubo Ikpa Akwa Ibom / Far East Asian Languages Are Near African Languages / Settlement Of Marine Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.