Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,458 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents (17222 Views)

Sheikh Ibrahim Zak'zaky's House Destroyed By The Army - Sahara Reporters / Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) / Aba: A City In Ruins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by dynamic1: 6:25pm On Aug 21, 2012
@Op,ur analysis might be right up to a point,but putting the blame on the residents is absolutely unacceptable.The structure housing micky's guest hous has been there since I was a boy,even when Omenazu had no pothole problems,though the attitude of d residents might not be lovely,you can't absolve a government from its responsibilities towards d electorate.And am sure u r some1 who has taken something from T.A that is why u r opening ur mouth and spewing rubbish on dis forum
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Lordave: 6:27pm On Aug 21, 2012
I totaly agree with the heading giving to this article.
If you go to Ahia ohu by danfodio, Ngwa road, Obohia, Ulasi, Ndoki, Shoing center by Asa road you will cry 4 the city and it's inhabitants. Well kudos to the retar.deen gov thief T.A Orji for the great job done on East street by Danfodio road.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by papaejima1: 6:28pm On Aug 21, 2012
One of the paid hatchet men of the deluded TA Orji.
So the govt cannot take decisive steps to cleanse aba and alleviate the sufferings of the people?
Go to Port Harcourt and see what Amaechi is doing.
Tell TA Orji that his attempt to pass the blame unto the people has failed and will continue to fail.

A LAZY WORKER ALWAYS QUARREL WITH HIS TOOLS!
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by callydon(m): 6:33pm On Aug 21, 2012
@OP. Its very clear dat U are a Stooge of Gov T.A Orji,and assuming al U said is true abt d named areas. Then wots causing d flooding in Abayi(around Ejinaka) n also wots d cause of d flood in Ogbor Hill weneva it rains a little?
AGAIN,all these roads U r mentioning where built by Orji Uzor Kalu,d Roads built by Kalu include but not limited to:Cemetery Rd,Erondu Rd,Ngwa Rd,Eziukwu Rd,etc Am nt sayin dat Kalu is a saint but he's Definitely better than d present Gov. Am BORN n brought Up in Aba n I CHALLENGE anyone 2name jst ONE road built by T.A Orji dat is stil gud til now. T.A Orji has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in Aba,he only goes abt sacking non-indigens in d sack n goes abt collecting multiple taxes.Imagine! After sayin 4Sanitation levy,u'll stil pay 4clean up levy then there is d building levy(a levy on d house U use ur own money build kwa!) infact T.A Orji,is a rogue and anyone who says he's doing gud,all I can SAY is dat "May wot is happening in Aba happen in his/her family"...
I Rest My Case.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 21, 2012
Guy i understand what you are trying to say but you should have in mind that Abia State has no Government, There is no good drainage system in any road in aba. If rain falls it will full the gutters and stay on the road there is no where the waters are channeled.

Talking of Omenazu do you know that the particular man that tried repairing that spot last year is now on the run because T.A Orji is looking to get him arrested? for doing good.

Man if you just entered aba newly kindly stop blaming the residents cause you might not understand how things happens there.

There is no single road that the gutters are channeled to anywhere thats why the roads keep flooding and keeps destroying there is nothing like the residents been the problem. Aba problem is BAD Government not the residents.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 21, 2012
And to add, Mr Op let me inform you that since T.A Orji became the governor of Abia State he has not constructed a single road in Aba.. Prove me wrong
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by callydon(m): 6:47pm On Aug 21, 2012
gboss4sure: And to add, Mr Op let me inform you that since T.A Orji became the governor of Abia State he has not constructed a single road in Aba.. Prove me wrong
GBAM!!!
I challenge anyone 2show me a road built by T.A Orji.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by menaxe: 6:58pm On Aug 21, 2012
sonya4all: Well all the blame shouldnt be on the government.... Like the writer said the aba residents can be blamed partly as well as govt who collects 1200 asepa fee..With little or nothing to show for the services such money was collected...Also im somehow surprised that the op..Said he recently visited aba...And its amazing how he knows almost all the spots at aba and their names respectively.... Could it be he is an independ journalist or part of the people gov t.A orji hired to praise him in niraland.... I could be wrong....Prove it.
thought as much...''visited recently my foot''
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Cupidkc(m): 7:10pm On Aug 21, 2012
@op all u have posted about the residents is true. But you have failled to understand that where there's good government,every other thing will fall in place.
May be I should ask you this;When was the last time you saw ASEPA workers doing their job?
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Cupidkc(m): 7:13pm On Aug 21, 2012
callydon:
GBAM!!!
I challenge anyone 2show me a road built by T.A Orji.

Ah...no challenge at all.
That man is just happy making money from the state without any input at all.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Honobj: 7:43pm On Aug 21, 2012
I serve in aba, it av gud road ntwrk, but govt n aba pple dnt encourage tinz. most od d drainage is flooded
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by saintiyke(m): 7:44pm On Aug 21, 2012
So T.A Orji has hired a FOURTY (40) MAN LAPTOP SQUARD (FoMaLaS). The poster is just ranting as he has been given money to do so.
People are the same everywhere but the govt is not. The activities of the people in Azikiwe road aba is not different from the activities of the people in douglas road owerri. But the govt of imo has ensured that the roads in imo are well reconstructed the activities of the residents notwithstanding. Its the duty of the govt to make/ enforce law to make the life of the people better.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by obailala(m): 7:46pm On Aug 21, 2012
abysirius: For complete 1 year I stayed in Aba and I doubt if Aba is as terrible as u're painting it. Most especially all these areas that u mentioned. Fine, Aba has a drainage problem. But if u've been to a place like Onitsha then u will understnd that Aba is better. For your info, I stay @ Omenazu (corpers lodge). Umunghazi, Ariaria and even 'aiorun' permit my spellings, are our catchment areas where we (family house) do our monthly shopping. Aba to me isn't bad. Let me ask u: have u visited Ajegunle b4? Boundary, Alakoto, and all those places them. What will u say about those areas? Aba is okay joor. Abi na where all these lawless pple no dey sef? Na for Osusu town hallan very close to BTC I do inec reg as Aro1. So I know aba wella. Aba, I love Aba.

Its too bad that we have too many people who always come up with this sort of shallow argument. That's why our leaders in Nigeria always take us for granted.

FYI, the OP is talking about Aba and not any other place so stop making unnecessary comparisons. OR are u saying that if somewhere else is worse than Aba then Aba has no right to be fixed??. . OR maybe cos Onitsha/ajegunle are worse, then Aba automatically becomes London??
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by obicentlis: 8:07pm On Aug 21, 2012
I like the comprehensive look which the OP did but I want to correct you cos I was born , breed and presently working in Aba. Though the residents are not doing enough but the blame should go the useless Government that its not doing anything in Aba. Why are you elected as the Governor? You elected do correct the wrong of the people by making laws that mst be followed. There is no single govt presence in Aba, no single road is motor able, no single infrastructure. Where do you expect the people to take their house hold refuse to? Every year, my house pay @ least 55k plus 100k to d govt for sanitation and infrastructure levies which amount to billions of naira to d state govt. What re this money? In absence of govt help, where do you expect the resident to dispose refuse? I go like 10kms everyday cos I want to dispose refuse. The pple that re into the business cannt come to the street due to there is no road for them. This thread should have being for the Governor to sit up and stop embezzling the state fund.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by saintiyke(m): 8:15pm On Aug 21, 2012
obicentlis: I like the comprehensive look which the OP did but I want to correct you cos I was born , breed and presently working in Aba. Though the residents are not doing enough but the blame should go the useless Government that its not doing anything in Aba. Why are you elected as the Governor? You elected do correct the wrong of the people by making laws that mst be followed. There is no single govt presence in Aba, no single road is motor able, no single infrastructure. Where do you expect the people to take their house hold refuse to? Every year, my house pay @ least 55k plus 100k to d govt for sanitation and infrastructure levies which amount to billions of naira to d state govt. What re this money? In absence of govt help, where do you expect the resident to dispose refuse? I go like 10kms everyday cos I want to dispose refuse. The pple that re into the business cannt come to the street due to there is no road for them. This thread should have being for the Governor to sit up and stop embezzling the state fund.
have u not heard about the FOURTY(40) MAN LAPTOP SQUARD (FoMaLaS)? Thats where the OP belongs.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by otokx(m): 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2012
@op

the average Nigerian is very dirty and yet they forget that cleanliness is next to godliness; talk from today till tomorrow they simply are clueless when it comes to disposing of waste. Build an enclosure to receive waste and they will be too tired to put it in the enclosure but prefer to block the drainage, the road and everything in between. Another characteristics is to expect Government to come and give them a bath in their own home - very terrible mentality.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by EzeUche(m): 8:55pm On Aug 21, 2012
The Ngwa are a hurry hurry people. Why care about filth when it can be dropped anywhere? grin
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by kutchs: 8:58pm On Aug 21, 2012
asha 80: check his previous posts.he is one of t a orji lackeys.he is actually trying to absolve orji from what aba has turned out to be.what has abia state govt under t a orji done for aba?
Just shut it okay? You are one of the reason why Nigeria is messed up, pple like u think and want the govt to do all forgetting u have a role to play in the country. @OP tanks bro for this insightful info.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by item1: 9:02pm On Aug 21, 2012
Mr poster i agree with you 75%. until the people of aba decide to change their attitude , the environment will continue to rubbish and over come them. I can't imagine a community where people trow their waste out in the rain whenever rain is falling. and the flood will just take it from their frontage to not more than 150m away and hang it there. when the rain stops you see them jumping up and down to cross the same heap of dirt they just threw out. very funny. If the govt do not come to your aid does it mean you will not do your simple part? The people of aba has a very long way to go to change their mentality. though no be all of them oooo
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by yeye4live(m): 9:29pm On Aug 21, 2012
Paul John: The government there isn't doing enough.
Stop all dis ur govt blame abeg, govt dis govt dat,can't u leave witout govt, show ur own litle contribution 1st
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Y2kdon: 9:30pm On Aug 21, 2012
abysirius: For complete 1 year I stayed in Aba and I doubt if Aba is as terrible as u're painting it. Most especially all these areas that u mentioned. Fine, Aba has a drainage problem. But if u've been to a place like Onitsha then u will understnd that Aba is better. For your info, I stay @ Omenazu (corpers lodge). Umunghazi, Ariaria and even 'aiorun' permit my spellings, are our catchment areas where we (family house) do our monthly shopping. Aba to me isn't bad. Let me ask u: have u visited Ajegunle b4? Boundary, Alakoto, and all those places them. What will u say about those areas? Aba is okay joor. Abi na where all these lawless pple no dey sef? Na for Osusu town hallan very close to BTC I do inec reg as Aro1. So I know aba wella. Aba, I love Aba.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by asha80(m): 9:40pm On Aug 21, 2012
kutchs: Just shut it okay? You are one of the reason why Nigeria is messed up, pple like u think and want the govt to do all forgetting u have a role to play in the country. @OP tanks bro for this insightful info.

if you have nothing better to say go siddon for gutter fool.i guess you never witnessed aba of late seventies to early eigthies.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by papaejima1: 9:45pm On Aug 21, 2012
EzeUche: The Ngwa are a hurry hurry people. Why care about filth when it can be dropped anywhere? grin

Then they will cry about being marginalized in Abia. Where is ChinenyeN?
You must be too retarded to think that Aba is peopled by only Ngwas. And who better to think so than a dimwit, clueless nincompoop that has strayed into an area reserved for intellectuals.

What has marginalization and ethnicity got to do with the subject in question.Go tell your forward looking-backward moving retardeen T.A Orji to hurry, hurry and leave govt joor!
Onye ara acha ncho!

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by manugbo(m): 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2012
@Patrikobi and co

i sensed that u and ur friends has been paid to come and post this RUBBISH

THE GOD OF NGWA LAND WILL JUDGE U , T.A ORJI AND OTHERS WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER TOWARDS DESTROYING NGWA LAND
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by Chimanet(m): 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2012
when i went to aba, i discovered that so many pple on the street are mad pple, so how do yo expect a town where sane people obey traffic conducted by a mad man to be clean, as the poster said, the people of aba are so nonchallant of their environment and try to put the whole blame on the goverment. pple of aba can do better if they can copy owerri and uyo residents grin

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by manugbo(m): 9:59pm On Aug 21, 2012
SOMETHING IS COMING UP SOON AND U AND T.A ORJI CANNOT, NEVER STOP IT

THE ABA NGWA PEOPLE ARE SAYING 'ENOUGH TO MANY YEARS OF SLAVERY"

JUST WATCH AND SEE
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by asha80(m): 10:03pm On Aug 21, 2012
manugbo: SOMETHING IS COMING UP SOON AND U AND T.A ORJI CANNOT, NEVER STOP IT

JUST WATCH AND SEE

the problem is however is not as if umuahia people are happy with orji either.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by manugbo(m): 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2012
asha 80:

the problem is however is not as if umuahia people are happy with orji either.

ALL HIS WISHY-WASHY PROJECTS HAS BEEN FOR THE UMUAHIA PEOPLE

OK NW TELL ME. THE DIASPORA DOCTOR THAT CAME TO GIVE PEOPLE TREATMENT WHERE ARE THEY AT? ARE THEY NOT IN UMUAHIA?
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by EzeUche(m): 10:12pm On Aug 21, 2012
manugbo: SOMETHING IS COMING UP SOON AND U AND T.A ORJI CANNOT, NEVER STOP IT

JUST WATCH AND SEE

What will the Ngwa do? Will you all hold Abia hostage again with kidnapping?

What is this slavery the Ngwa people speak of? Umuahia people and Bende people are not enslaving Ngwa people! angry
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by asha80(m): 10:17pm On Aug 21, 2012
i guess it is still the same old ezeuche.

manugbo:

ALL HIS WISHY-WASHY PROJECTS HAS BEEN FOR THE UMUAHIA PEOPLE

OK NW TELL ME. THE DIASPORA DOCTOR THAT CAME TO GIVE PEOPLE TREATMENT WHERE ARE THEY AT? ARE THEY NOT IN UMUAHIA?

well you might be right but i know lots of umuahia people and they actually loathe him.they generally do not like talking about orji.secondly abians have to deal with the very obvious zonal issues.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by kutchs: 10:26pm On Aug 21, 2012
asha 80:

if you have nothing better to say go siddon for gutter fool.i guess you never witnessed aba of late seventies to early eigthies.
For ur mind u have said something better isnt? Now let me remind you that the state of the 70s and early 80s aba u referred to was a collaborative effort of both the govt of the day and residents. The govt cant do it alone neida can the residents, thus it behoves on us to try our best to keep our environment clean. Having said that let me tell u that I was born and raised in another stupid town like aba i.e. Obigbo in Rivers so I know aba very well. Finally, wise man my point is, granted the govt is not doing well for aba the residents must, however, work to preserve the little that is left of aba it belongs to them and not TA Orji. Orji will leave in 2015 but aba will remain for them so if they help him to destroy aba tell me who will suffer it.
Re: Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents by friedrice1: 10:33pm On Aug 21, 2012
TA Orji won over 90% (about .7 million) of the votes cast in the last election.
This shows the love the the people of Abia have for him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News!!! Efcc Arrest Obasanjo And Former President Goodluck Jonathan / Jonathan Responsible For PDP Crisis — Ogbulafor / I Didn't Threaten To Kill Nnamdi Kanu - Dambazau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.