Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

What Are The Most RACIST Countries? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are The Most RACIST Countries? (39032 Views)

The Top 10 Most Racist Countries In The World (includes One African Country) / USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? / 12 Reasons Why Italy Is The Most Racist Nation In The Western World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Sodiq33(m): 10:52pm On Aug 22, 2012
Yes..nigeria i thnk..even amg ourslf dier is racism if nt plz,wat is d meaning of catchmen nd non catchment area i n a federal uni...stil cumin 4 more
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by reportnaija(m): 11:31pm On Aug 22, 2012
You forgot russia
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Reddfox(m): 11:41pm On Aug 22, 2012
It has to be Russia.
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by playmode(m): 12:00am On Aug 23, 2012
The most racist country in the world is SOUTH AFRICA.

South Africa is the only country where Whites,Asians,Coloreds(mixed)and Black are equally openly racist that is why it is easily the most racist country the world.If you don't beluve vist these two news forum for 2 days straight and read the comments posted there by South African

www.news24.com
www.sowetanlive.co.za

If i were to make a list this is what it will look like :

1) South Africa
2) Ukraine
3) Russia
4) The rest of Eastern Europe
5) Chinese
6) The rest of Asia
7) Israel
cool USA
9) The Middle East
10)Australia
10)South America
11)Britain

The most hate fill country is the world is also South Africa because everyone hates everyone here.There is serious tension in south African between races ,tribes and nationalities.You have to live for a month or two to know how bad it is.Xenophobia and racism is the fuel that drive South Africans.It is an unpleasant country to live in especially if you are a Nigerian or foreign African.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by ziiidos(m): 12:23am On Aug 23, 2012
Vicjustice: Bravo, I agree with you

Most people seem to turn their fingers toward white people when talking about racism and racists. We seem not to realise that in the real sense, white people are much fairer to us than our fellow black people are.
This brings me to the understanding that there is actual racism in Nigeria: but we don't see it as racism because we classify the behaviours into a wrong category "tribalism".
For example, some Yoruba families often would not let their daughters get into marriages with Igbo men, most Igbo families would not encourage an inter-marriage with the Huasas, most Hausa families would often not accept inter-marriages with either Yorubas or Igbos, and the same applies with the minorities in Nigeria: Even among the Igbos, there is this intense degree of tribal prejudice: for example, an Anambra man disregard an Owerri woman and might not want anything serious with her, worst still, there is this barbaric cultural practice that distinguish some certain tribes known as Osu in isolated margin (that's if i'm accurate).
Many people are also refused or denied social opportunities for reason of their races or backgrounds, but we don't seem to mind these developments, we only accuse white people of racism when we're refused or denied some benefits.
Now, talking about the grudges and ill-feelings, can we see that there's prejudice in Nigeria, and that we suffer racism from fellow Nigerians than from white people?
Note: This is not "tribalism", but racism in its finest definition: Tribalism is experienced amongst specific ethnic groups for example; Owerri man versus Enugu man, but when it is inter-ethnic, such as Hausa people versus Yoruba people, then it is called racism.
Also, consider Polish people accusing the Germans of racism as well as English people accusing the Irish of racism towards them
Hmn soundz like a victim talkin
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by dealordea(m): 12:36am On Aug 23, 2012
I will probably go for new-zealand and turkey!! A lot of racist shit happen in those country!!
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by iyb(m): 12:40am On Aug 23, 2012
Israel,Israel,Israel,Australia,Germany,Japan etc
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Godogwu: 12:41am On Aug 23, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Nigeria.

When I went to Lagos; dem say Yoruba pass Yoruba

When I went to Abia, dem say I be Yoruba, only Igbos allowed.

When I went to Borno; dem say I no be Muslim, Allah forbid

When I went to Akwa Ibom, dem say witches are no allowed, I must be washed with acid.

When I went to Ekiti, dem say I no be real Ekiti girl cuz I no fit talk Ekiti dialect.

Very racist set of people.

You sound so stupid!!, buddy....this is not racism. Please use google more often smiley
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Hoodrat(m): 1:11am On Aug 23, 2012
The problem with African is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperialism . If we can stop imperialism then we will be cool and the pink or purple people (sorry) I cant even find their colour in the crayon box but they are more of a piled out skin from a pig and is definitely not white ,there is nothing white in their behaviour and general character. They say there is nothing in our brain and we were meant to feed on dirt and steal when we are hungry/needy. Black have long surfer and I wonder when we will be able to stand for ourself and take our destiny in our own hand, well I guess the evil setter dont want to see Africa progress or be equal and we are the joke of the world that's why they orientate and dictate a greedy leader for us dont be surprise after all poverty breed greed that's why we have the presence of bad leadership and bad government because our leaders are week and are deeply corrupt due to the abject poverty they faced growing up. For example picking up a farmer to be president will definitely not help a country to achieve a great height as long as the western world is concern the so called education was not necessary at first place is American/european idea and will never work on black is definitely a pink man thing,that's to betray us and dance to their tune in order for the imperialism action to continue. Is time we stand for what we believe in which is peace love and harmony for all. Less I forget they believe they can easily sterilize the whole Africa hence we stop co-operating rather than embrace and maintain the hardship and poverty descended on us while we surfer to back up their wealth,greediness and scientific claims which gives them the power to humiliate us at any given time. They are been thought to be racist from birth especially the failure one among them, they are quick to point fingers. preaches and teaches how superior they are to black,black are meant to serve and clean their poo and humiliation/disgust is the reward for black labour. Wake up Africa the western world are not our friend or brother the truth of the racism we all faces in Europe/America and all other God forsaken evil settler countries are the evidence of imperialism. For example i am white i am better than you and you disgust me. But the tables will turn soon and very soon. Bet me on that, I may not be alive to see it but will definitely rejoice wherever my spirit is. To see Africa take over the world as a peaceful loving and a place of harmony for every young and old is the dream of our ancestors. Africa is a place where dreams come true we are strong we are resourceful we are hard to break the spirit of our ancestors still alive and their labour and their death are definitely not in vain.
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Ranoscky(m): 3:49am On Aug 23, 2012
dasparrow:

So because USA has a BIRACIAL president you think racism has suddenly disappeared from USA? I just don't know why some Nigerians like you are so ignorant and daft! I give up! undecided
Loool

Believe u me, after readin her comments, i hissed bitterly!
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Ranoscky(m): 3:58am On Aug 23, 2012
AjanleKoko: Thread was derailed from the second post. undecided
I'm tellin u!

That guy knows absolute NOTHING about racism. Jus dey make tribal noise for hier.
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Ranoscky(m): 4:26am On Aug 23, 2012
mc~evans:

WOW! Im short of WORDS!
Short of words, just for that little tip of an iceberg... ?? Go to China and see for urself.

Have u ever dived into a swimming pool (that had over 50 whites in it) and immediately u brought ur head out of the water, all of them starts comin out of the pool, and in the next 10seconds, u r in the pool alone? undecided...

U neva c anythin!!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Ranoscky(m): 4:57am On Aug 23, 2012
Vicjustice: https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=50144&post=1060450

https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=50144&post=1060450
U confuse tribalism for racism, dude. We know quite well that they'r abit related but NOT the gibberish u spew here.
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Ranoscky(m): 5:08am On Aug 23, 2012
Okija juju, i dey feel ur pain jare! Pesin wey neva xpirience recial abuse no go know how e dey pain for body.
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by EagleNest(m): 5:19am On Aug 23, 2012
Vicjustice: https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=50144&post=1060450

https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=50144&post=1060450

Not sure I agree with your last paragraph. It's utterly exaggerated.
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by EagleNest(m): 6:26am On Aug 23, 2012
One thing I have learnt in life is that there can never be 'equality'.
Human right and equality is only an expression on paper and not in the mind.
White, Black, pink, yellow, arab, chinese, american, european, aussies, - whatever color or race, we surely hate each other like snake and toad. There is no softer way of saying it.

But if you cannot develop thick skin to repel or absorb the insult and demeaning attitudes and expressions from non-blacks then don't bother to travel to their country, b/c you will see it being expressed in diverse and sophisticated ways.

Back home in Nigeria, I think everything is happening there - racism, tribalism, religionism, favouritism, cabalism, nepotism, cultism, kidnappism, lootism , bullysm (police, agberos, omoniles, etc), embezzlesm, mal-practism, etc. We have never been ONE.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Jay5000(m): 7:26am On Aug 23, 2012
Racism is just one kind of discrimination and it's a joke compared to the different kinds and levels of discrimination in 9ja. It's even in our constitution. Having experienced racism 1st hand, it's even more painful to come back and see all the discrimination in 9ja. It's a shame.
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by samkoro: 7:29am On Aug 23, 2012
claremont: The OP asked for countries where racism is rife, I wonder how and why some people on here are mentioning Nigeria. How can a Negro race be racist against its own kith and kin?!
Just so you know, racism can only occur between two different races, and NOT WITHIN an individual race!

If you want to argue about Tribalism and Ethnicity in Nigeria, you can go ahead and argue about it; those are issues very different and separate from an argument on racism.

Yoruba considers itself as a race.The consider tribe as too ordinary becauise they've advanced from tribalism to racism.That why you can only hear about the slogan--PROTECTION OF THE INTEREST OF THE YORUBA RACE ,from Federich Faseun and all yoruba leaders.

So on that basis,I would say Yoruba ,after creating tribalism and practicing it to the fullest,they now took it to the level of racism. While other tribes in Nigeria are still receiving tribalism lessons from the yoruba and practicing it.
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Vicjustice: 8:38am On Aug 23, 2012
[size=15pt] This debate is heading no where, and almost every country is being mentioned as most racist country; so we can't really know which nation tops the list:
Dear moderator, how about adding a POLL with this question and list?:
WHAT COUNTRY IS MOST RACIST?
1 Nigeria
2 Ukraine
3 Russia
4 Australia
5 South Africa
6 Germany
7 The USA
8 The UK
9 Middle Eastern Countries
10 Others[/size]
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by pazienza(m): 8:45am On Aug 23, 2012
samkoro:

Yoruba considers itself as a race.The consider tribe as too ordinary becauise they've advanced from tribalism to racism.That why you can only hear about the slogan--PROTECTION OF THE INTEREST OF THE YORUBA RACE ,from Federich Faseun and all yoruba leaders.

So on that basis,I would say Yoruba ,after creating tribalism and practicing it to the fullest,they now took it to the level of racism. While other tribes in Nigeria are still receiving tribalism lessons from the yoruba and practicing it.

Hmm, this thread is about to catch fire, wait till dayo and co see this.
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 23, 2012
unekwubaby:

U.S is not suppose to be mention,have you forgoting that their presido is black? what else do we want from them again
gringringrin see u bro, u made me laugh sha..
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 23, 2012
dasparrow:

You have a point but you are derailing this thread. The OP asked for 'most racist countries' (in terms of which countries discriminate against black people the most). I agree that black americans are very hateful towards blacks of other nationalities and cultures. I should know because I live in america and have been a victim of their misplaced hatred and bigotry time and time again.

However, that is not what this thread is asking for. People like you keep mentioning Nigeria and what not. The purpose of this thread is to educate Nigerians of the racist countries out there so that they can hopefully exercise caution and be alert of their surroundings if they choose to travel to such countries for any reason. It's better to be safe than sorry. Just because we Nigerians are dealing with varying degrees of tribalism in Nigeria does not mean we should turn a blind eye to the atrocities commited against black people around the world because doing so would be really foolish. Please let's not derail this thread any further.
Thanks oo,i dont see the reason why many pple still mentioning Nig as racist country when white pple being treated in good manner than Citizen. So tribalism in Nig has now turned to total racism. There is no country without racist but with different extent which cannot be eradicated because its inherent part of some individual,so stop mentionin Nig as the most racist country and the poster enquired for the most which is difficult to point out because evrybdy would be mentioning diff country due to their experience there without been to another country. I think we shouldn't debate on the most racist country but the best reaction towards such prejudice action.
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:22am On Aug 23, 2012
Why did the OP hide my post na?!!

Abi you no see where that Phalus called me a donkey!?
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 23, 2012
Burger01: Some posters mix tribalism with racism. Nigerians! Our too know is too much. Are we saying the way we experience racism in uk or the states is comparable to what we experience among different tribes in Nigeria! Well, I stand to be educated.
God bless u, ''some are very clever to the extent that they dont even understand a single words of wht they are saying'' and some forgot there is no place like home. Why mentioning Nig as the most racist country,,?
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:26am On Aug 23, 2012
Demaejy:
God bless u, ''some are very clever to the extent that they dont even understand a single words of wht they are saying'' and some forgot there is no place like home. Why mentioning Nig as the most racist country,,?

Sadly!! They have no clue what Race means... Black on Black discrimination is not racist..
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Vicjustice: 9:55am On Aug 23, 2012
Okija_juju:

Sadly!! They have no clue what Race means... Black on Black discrimination is not racist..
[size=15pt]Would you therefore call Germans and Russians discrimination as tribalism?[/size]
Well, that is pure racism even though they are same white people
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 23, 2012
abbey621:

Excuse me! My response was in reply to a post and you'll see the post in quotations. What you and some others fail to realize is that bigotry, racism and tribalism are all fruits from a single tree known as discrimination. Call it whatever you want, one is just a milder or more cynical form of the other. Of course you can't have racism in Nigeria because we all belong to the same race, but tribalism which to me is just a younger brother of racism exists. You can't enlighten people about racism when you fail to put out the burning fire at home, which is tribalism. Threads like these makes me sick because often we want to label others as evil or racists, when we are walking the same path. Racism leads to hatred, division and inferiority complex, guess what, so does tribalism.... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
the fact that tribalism is the younger brother of racism thats why pple pointing out Nig,one of the hospitalized country!
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by mcevans1(m): 9:59am On Aug 23, 2012
Ranoscky:
Short of words, just for that little tip of an iceberg... ?? Go to China and see for urself.

Have u ever dived into a swimming pool (that had over 50 whites in it) and immediately u brought ur head out of the water, all of them starts comin out of the pool, and in the next 10seconds, u r in the pool alone? undecided...

U neva c anythin!!

WTF!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by justwise(m): 10:05am On Aug 23, 2012
Okija_juju: Why did the OP hide my post na?!!

Abi you no see where that Phalus called me a donkey!?

Both were hidden.
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 23, 2012
toluxe0075: Racism in nigeria? undecided no wonder dat we have caucasoid race,mongoloid race,capoid race,australoid race in nigeria I don't knw y some confuse tribalism,ethnicity wit racism
you knw most Nigerian here jst begin click 'LIKE' botton that racism is in Nigeria because some are warned not to marry other tribesgringrin and u knw it can be painfulgrin lols

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

African Union Issues Travel Warning For USA - PIC / Trains Collide In Southern Egypt, 32 Dead, 66 Wounded / Passengers Sitting On Top Of An Overcrowded Train In Agege, Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.