Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,117 members, 7,835,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

What Are The Most RACIST Countries? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are The Most RACIST Countries? (39069 Views)

The Top 10 Most Racist Countries In The World (includes One African Country) / USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? / 12 Reasons Why Italy Is The Most Racist Nation In The Western World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by mcevans1(m): 10:08am On Aug 23, 2012
Okija_juju: Why did the OP hide my post na?!!

Abi you no see where that Phalus called me a donkey!?

Who hid your post?
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by maryswags: 10:09am On Aug 23, 2012
Vicjustice: Bravo, I agree with you

Most people seem to turn their fingers toward white people when talking about racism and racists. We seem not to realise that in the real sense, white people are much fairer to us than our fellow black people are.
  This brings me to the understanding that there is actual racism in Nigeria: but we don't see it as racism because we classify the behaviours into a wrong category "tribalism".
  For example, some Yoruba families often would not let their daughters get into marriages with Igbo men, most Igbo families would not encourage an inter-marriage with the Huasas, most Hausa families would often not accept inter-marriages with either Yorubas or Igbos, and the same applies with the minorities in Nigeria: Even among the Igbos, there is this intense degree of tribal prejudice: for example, an Anambra man disregard an Owerri woman and might not want anything serious with her, worst still, there is this barbaric cultural practice that distinguish some certain tribes known as Osu in isolated margin (that's if i'm accurate).
  Many people are also refused or denied social opportunities for reason of their races or backgrounds, but we don't seem to mind these developments, we only accuse white people of racism when we're refused or denied some benefits.
  Now, talking about the grudges and ill-feelings, can we see that there's prejudice in Nigeria, and that we suffer racism from fellow Nigerians than from white people?
Note: This is not "tribalism", but racism in its finest definition: Tribalism is experienced amongst specific ethnic groups for example; Owerri man versus Enugu man, but when it is inter-ethnic, such as Hausa people versus Yoruba people, then it is called racism.
Also, consider Polish people accusing the Germans of racism as well as English people accusing the Irish of racism towards them

God bless You!
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:10am On Aug 23, 2012
mc~evans:

Who hid your post?

Sorry!! I meant to say "MODS"

Vicjustice: [size=15pt]Would you therefore call Germans and Russians discrimination as tribalism?[/size]
Well, that is pure racism even though they are same white people

Again!! Thats no racism...

Thats called Xenophobia..

South Africans and Nigerians are both of the same race which is Black.. However, South Africans are known to carry out Xenophobic attacks on Nigerians on a Regular..

Anti-Semitism.. Hatred/discrimination against Jews!!
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by saipn: 11:20am On Aug 23, 2012
U people makes it look as if they always kill any blacks that enter germany lol even some of u that havent spent a month in germany are complaining about racist there
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 23, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

Major cities in Germany have calmed down on racism . Perhaps its just an act to get along with the "multiculturalism" trend.

Yeah Bruv -- Another Ish that Bugs me bout 'em Germans
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by AjanleKoko: 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2012
Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece.
Those are the four most racist countries I've visited.
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by thegenie(m): 2:02pm On Aug 23, 2012
Jews and Germans are 'white' caucasoids, and yet Germans displayed the most extreme form of racism against Jews in the Holocaust, so the argument regarding skin colour as the only basis for racism is invalid.

Racism, tribalism, etc are all forms of discrimination based on differences in culture, skin colour, language, place of origin, etc, etc. Discrimination is a fact of life. Nobody likes it, and those that practice it are most offended when they're at the receiving end. Racism (and its subtitles) is very often practiced by the so-called learned people, and is a form of elitism. It is rooted in 'I, we, my tribe, etc better pass you, your tribe, etc ...'
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by samkoro: 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
Nairaland has become a racist/tribalistic brand.

This very discriminatory nairaland is anti-christ and antichristians thus only bad news about christianity they bring to the front page.

They are also anti non-yorubas thus never will never bring any bad news about yorubas to the front page;only bad news about igbos that they bring to the front page

Nairaland started as a yoruba ethnic gossip forum. So let's clean up our house first before talking about Arabs and white people
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2012
AjanleKoko: Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece.
Those are the four most racist countries I've visited.

All the illegal Nigerian immigrants I have come across on my travels always cry out about their travails in the entire europe..
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by pendo89(f): 6:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
mmh.
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by atuagbo: 6:59pm On Aug 23, 2012
Russia, Ukraine most racist countries in the world
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by UyiIredia(m): 7:22pm On Aug 23, 2012
I'd say Ireland but that's from hearsay of people who told me about their experiences in that place.
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by OmoAlata(f): 9:53pm On Aug 23, 2012
Okija_juju:

When I lived in Paris, we were the only white family on the entire stretch of my street!!

I'm confused. Are you white?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Man51ut(m): 4:36am On Aug 24, 2012
Ok even if tribalism (which we're great at) is not racism (your mileage may vary on that), some of the posts on here would not be out of place on stormfront. These posts have been allowed to stand. they have not been deleted, and the posters are merrily skipping through Nairaland like newborn lambs. On other forums, the people would have been banned.

So yes, Nigeria is a bloody racist country, and it's pathetic and childish at that. Waaaa, they were racist to meeee! I'm going to be racist back to them. Waaaaa. Tell me, when your dog bites you, do you bite it back?
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:13am On Aug 24, 2012
Omo Alata:

I'm confused. Are you white?

Kpele.. Black family rather..

grin
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Lyrah: 8:50am On Aug 24, 2012
I say the States,Gosh america sometimes makes me so uncomfortable being there cause the FIRST thing they look at when they see someone is their skin color.That is just soooo sad.But i love them all
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 24, 2012
[b][/b] Russia, Germany and Ukraine
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by thirty(m): 9:04am On Aug 24, 2012
Vicjustice: Bravo, I agree with you

Most people seem to point their fingers toward white people when talking about racism and racists. We seem not to realise that in the real sense, white people are much fairer to us than our fellow black people are.
  This brings me to the understanding that there is actual racism in Nigeria: but we don't see it as racism because we classify the behaviours into a wrong category "tribalism".
  For example, some Yoruba families often would not let their daughters get into marriages with Igbo men, most Igbo families would not encourage an inter-marriage with the Huasas, most Hausa families would often not accept inter-marriages with either Yorubas or Igbos, and the same applies with the minorities in Nigeria: Even among the Igbos, there is this intense degree of tribal prejudice: for example, an Anambra man disregard an Owerri woman and might not want anything serious with her, worst still, there is this barbaric cultural practice that distinguishes and discriminates some certain tribes known as Osu in isolated margin (that's if i'm accurate).
  Many people are also refused or denied social opportunities for reason of their races or backgrounds, but we don't seem to mind these developments, we only accuse white people of racism when we're refused or denied some benefits.
  Now, talking about the grudges and ill-feelings, can we see that there's prejudice in Nigeria, and that we suffer racism from fellow Nigerians than from white people?
Even democracy and election in Nigeria is influenced by ethnicism and racism.

Note: This is not "tribalism", but racism in its finest definition: Tribalism is experienced amongst specific ethnic groups for example; Owerri man versus Enugu man, but when it is inter-ethnic, such as Hausa people versus Yoruba people, then it is called racism.
Racism goes beyond skin colours; consider Polish people accusing the Germans of racism as well as the Albanians accusing the Greeks of racism towards them yet, they are all white

OP, i am 100% agreed with you. even when the past goverment observe this and try to post igbo man to Lagos, when disagreement happen between yoruba and ibo man in lagos, Igbo policeman will teach his tribeman how to write statement against the yoruba man in lagos ooo.
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:07am On Aug 24, 2012
thirty:

OP, i am 100% agreed with you. even when the past goverment observe this and try to post igbo man to Lagos, when disagreement happen between yoruba and ibo man in lagos, Igbo policeman will teach his tribeman how to write statement against the yoruba man in lagos ooo.

Thats called Tribalism not racism!! Note the difference..
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by TerryCarr(m): 9:34am On Aug 24, 2012
Thayay: Malaysia(gold medal)
ukraine(silver)
russia(bronze)
isreal
pakistan
iran
china
korea...............britain are less racist with malaysia winning gold medal
for real
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Dyamante(f): 10:09am On Aug 24, 2012
Arab countries especially Saudi Arabia and the North African countries, France,Germany and SA especially the white citizens although blacks there are extremely xenophobic. Last but not least is Russia
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by blackbeau1(f): 3:09pm On Aug 24, 2012
Nigeria wins hands down
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by AjanleKoko: 3:10pm On Aug 24, 2012
Come to think of it . . . no point to this thread really.
Cos everybody hates the black man anyways embarassed

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by kpolli(m): 4:00pm On Aug 24, 2012
Freiburger: Nigeria and i've got my reasons.

wasn't allowed to marry the love of my life cos i wasn't yoruba cry cry cry cry

But serzly, I had say Ukraine
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by erico2k2(m): 10:01pm On Aug 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

All the illegal Nigerian immigrants I have come across on my travels always cry out about their travails in the entire europe..
was ther a need for this comment ?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by erico2k2(m): 10:02pm On Aug 24, 2012
AjanleKoko: Come to think of it . . . no point to this thread really.
wrong assumption my friend
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by erico2k2(m): 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Thats called Tribalism not racism!! Note the difference..
The goes to show the level of education and enlightenment we have in NIGERIA. English 101 define Racism, score zero, bro dnt waste ur time xplaining.
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by erico2k2(m): 10:06pm On Aug 24, 2012
Man_51ut: Ok even if tribalism (which we're great at) is not racism (your mileage may vary on that), some of the posts on here would not be out of place on stormfront. These posts have been allowed to stand. they have not been deleted, and the posters are merrily skipping through Nairaland like newborn lambs. On other forums, the people would have been banned.

So yes, Nigeria is a bloody racist country, and it's pathetic and childish at that. Waaaa, they were racist to meeee! I'm going to be racist back to them. Waaaaa. Tell me, when your dog bites you, do you bite it back?
GUy are you mixing racism and tribalism together?We have just one Race in Nigeria, that's BLACK

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by erico2k2(m): 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

It goes without saying that two wrongs never make a right...

However, there is only so much wrong that one party can take..

I didnt go abroad looking for nothing. All it was to me was a chance to broaden my horizon and see if indeed the grass was greener on the otherside.. And guess what?! It aint!

You say stop dwelling in the mistakes of the past.. HELLO!!!! We are not talking about the past, its still happenning now.. Today, this second.. As we speak.. White Cops are gunning down black people everyday.. Did you not watch the case of that white vigilante guy who followed a black kid over two blocks from his(the neighbourhood watch guy) house and gunned down the kid who as it turned out was selling candies and his defence was that he thought the kid had a gun..

Nwokem, leave this matter.. I am a vengeful person.. My Momma thought me to forgive, but when the erring becomes repetitious, do something about it!
Like I said, Fhuck White people and Arabs..
with that mind set, tell me the diffrence between you and them?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Solozzo(m): 2:05am On Aug 25, 2012
Freiburger: Nigeria and i've got my reasons.

Supported

Reasons:
- we do not employ whites to provide consultation in our public services, even when obvious we need supervision from the developed world
- we call whites funny names, and seized all their companies in te 70s in the name of indigenisation policy
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Solozzo(m): 2:15am On Aug 25, 2012
[quote author=Vicjustice]Bravo, I agree with you

Most people seem to point their fingers toward white people when talking about racism and racists. We seem not to realise that in the real sense, white people are much fairer to us than our fellow black people are.
  For example, some Yoruba families often would not let their daughters get into marriages with Igbo men, most Igbo families would not encourage an inter-marriage with the Huasas, most Hausa families would often not accept inter-marriages with either Yorubas or Igbos, and the same applies with the minorities in Nigeria: Even among the Igbos, there is this intense degree of tribal prejudice: for example, an Anambra man disregard an Owerri woman and might not want anything serious with her, worst still, there is this barbaric cultural practice that distinguishes and discriminates some certain tribes known as Osu in isolated margin (that's if i'm accurate).
Even democracy and election in Nigeria is influenced by ethnicism and racism.

Racism goes beyond skin colours; consider Polish people accusing the Germans of racism as well as the Albanians accusing the Greeks of racism towards them yet, they are all white
[/quote

What you described is ethnicism, not racism. Race is a wider classification eg Caucasians, Negros, Asians, Latinos. Tribalism is the accepted term, as those Nigerian groups are also called tribes.

We practice racism against other races no doubt eg indigenisation policy, nonemployent of whites in our ministries, refusing interracial marriages except for economic benefits etc.]
Re: What Are The Most RACIST Countries? by Olaone1: 8:27am On Aug 25, 2012
AjanleKoko: Come to think of it . . . no point to this thread really.

erico2k2:
wrong assumption my friend

The assumption is 100% correct!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Made It! | My Trip To Abuja, Nigeria / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Nigerian Student In UK Drowns In Canada While On School Trip (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.