Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg (14077 Views)

Car Explodes At NNPC Station In Bayelsa While Buying Fuel (Photos) / Saraki Faces Fresh Charges For Receiving Governor’s Salary As Senator / N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Scream(m): 5:47pm On Aug 22, 2012
digi101: Dude did u pay him before he sold it?
Where u live is that the only filling station?

When the guy sell am finish give him what is due and if hes not okay he should pour it back. Q.E.D angry grin

Man suppose carry low denominations to escape the charges then....but, what is wrong is bad and should be fought by all.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Scream(m): 5:51pm On Aug 22, 2012
M M M: Op

Such things only happen 2 jew men like u,

U don't know u right simple.

M M M, please learn to read and comprehend before you contribute..."Jew men" ?! Are they still using this expression?
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by watchindelta(m): 5:53pm On Aug 22, 2012
I bet u put any citizens' in power na, he go go gaga than the passed leaders greedinezz ran in our veinz. In nasarawa state n abuja when there are fuel scarcity ppl are carrying generators on their head jst to buy fuel! Expecially oando filling station in addo, n they can cheat ppl too even plus yega join.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by omosexy1: 5:57pm On Aug 22, 2012
@Poster I am yet to see the name of the filling station. Are trying to hide their name? Will they hunt you down? Please give us the name
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by segunjowo(m): 6:03pm On Aug 22, 2012
Well well...
I don't pay any extra charges whenever I buy fuel to my keg. I know how to speak 'good English" to scare the hell outta the attendants. Guys, try it. It works. Make sure you speak good grammar and request to see the manager. They will be scared and sell for you at the "right price" chap-chap.
In 2005, here in Okota, I went to Total filling station at Grandmate Bus- Stop and asked for fuel for my 10-ltr keg. The attendant sold it and deducted N50 'extra' from my 'change'. I requested a refund, he refused. I started to speak good English and attracted quite a handful attentions. Fortunately for me (and unfortunately for the attendant), right then I saw a car drove in and straight to the managements car park. I went straight to meet the 'visitor'( By intuition, I know from his disposition he's an official of Total). He was the area supervisor or something. I explain myself clearly, sighting reasons I won't pay for such impunity. The guy agreed with me. He called the guy and right there in the public glare, asked him to refund my money. He apologized on behalf of the company for the embarrassment caused by the attendant. After the guy has refunded my balance, the manager asked him to submit his sales to his supervisor and remove his cloths and everything: I was surprised. The guy was sacked!
Never Let attendants cheat you. You have the right to buy and pay for the exact quantity of fuel dispensed to you.

1 Like

Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Scream(m): 6:07pm On Aug 22, 2012
Okija_juju:

Well like MMM said, such only happens to Jews!!

The last time I drove my car into a station to buy fuel, I had just filled up my tank and popped the trunk for the attendant to pump my Jerry can. The Nigga looked at my twenty liter ferry can and gave me a price (apparently they know how much fills the jerry can and have added some money for themselves).. The badluck that the attendant had was that I had fives and Tens in my car.. I paid him the exact figure on the pump to the nearest 10.. He tried to make a fuss and I told him to go fhuck himself..

Nwokem, its not illegal in Nigeria.. Not as a Constitution nor as a law..

Any number of reasons could make a person purchase Petrol in jerry cans, from fuelling your generators to re-fuelling your car that ran out of gas on the road...

Oga, why should I be playing tricks because I want to buy fuel? I should have value for my money...that is how civilized societies run. We no dey stone age naa...the rest of the world has left us (see our olympic report card) we are busy tricking people over our rights.

1 Like

Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by olsmade(m): 6:08pm On Aug 22, 2012
lordriko: Now the failure of us citizen brought such shame to us all as a nation, but must we continue like this carrying keg to gas station in this jet age is a taboo, also placing charges on keg is also a taboo. We must learn to fight for our right and not waiting on one gaddem civil society, can we for the fear of baboons plant corn in our bedroom? No! At times I sit and I asked myself when will Nigeria turns back to those days when no power failure, when masses could afford three square meals, when naira was equal to dollar, when visa was free, when university of ibadan used to be one of the best institution in the world, when our judicial system was made of professionals, when corruption was minimal,when our GDP was well rated, when we had good drinkable water, when we had good roads, whe we had good police officers, really we are out of existence, even our so called. Royal fathers, religious leaders are not helping matters. The big question is WHICH WAY NIGERIA?
Your English, in this jet age, is a taboo.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Scream(m): 6:08pm On Aug 22, 2012
Okija_juju:

Well like MMM said, such only happens to Jews!!

The last time I drove my car into a station to buy fuel, I had just filled up my tank and popped the trunk for the attendant to pump my Jerry can. The Nigga looked at my twenty liter ferry can and gave me a price (apparently they know how much fills the jerry can and have added some money for themselves).. The badluck that the attendant had was that I had fives and Tens in my car.. I paid him the exact figure on the pump to the nearest 10.. He tried to make a fuss and I told him to go fhuck himself..

Nwokem, its not illegal in Nigeria.. Not as a Constitution nor as a law..

Any number of reasons could make a person purchase Petrol in jerry cans, from fuelling your generators to re-fuelling your car that ran out of gas on the road...

Oga, why should I be playing tricks because I want to buy fuel? I should have value for my money...that is how civilized societies run. We no dey stone age naa...the rest of the world has left us (see our olympic report card) we are busy tricking people over our rights. Check you statement below
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by andyanders: 6:10pm On Aug 22, 2012
Euroclydon: Am sure u ain't aware that u are not suppose to buy fuel wit keg? Where u from? U are lucky they even sold to you. Most standard filling stations won't sell to you in keg. Be informed.

Who created the said law? I want you to state here how you and the so called cabal came about this.Maybe you do not know anything. Only during fuel scarcity days that the fuel attendants ask for favor

To me, I have never been asked to pay any extra charges by any gas/filing station as I will be forced to even descend hard on the person. Only NNPC Mega stations that said they don' dispense fuel in jerry cans.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by erniok(m): 6:11pm On Aug 22, 2012
I understand that this is normal in Lagos. While in the north, the attendants don't collect any extra.
The question is how do we fight an evil that has been endorsed by the top.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Scream(m): 6:13pm On Aug 22, 2012
omosexy1: @Poster I am yet to see the name of the filling station. Are trying to hide their name? Will they hunt you down? Please give us the name

Omosexy, they all do it... cry
omosexy1: @Poster I am yet to see the name of the filling station. Are trying to hide their name? Will they hunt you down? Please give us the name

Omosexy, they all do it...
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by switchmax8: 6:26pm On Aug 22, 2012
there is no law that says fuel should not be sold in keg/Jerry cans,the attitude came to fore when petrol attendant cash in on labor strike to sell fuel at exorbitant prices to those with keg/Jerry cans.The petroleum attendant discovered that selling to keg they will make more money to them-self than selling to cars that will pay just the normal price of fuel scarcity probably 150N then while those with keg will pay 150N/liter and pay additional 100-200N depending on the volume you want to buy.
It was when motorist complained that the media take it up and the govt said fuel should not be sold to merry cans/kegs that those people deprive the car owners the chances to buy and they went ahead to sell the fuel along the road that later caused death of some innocent Nigeria.when everything has normalize you know Nigeria when price of a commodity rises it is difficult to come down same thing applies to the fuel attendant they have been collecting the money when there was fuel scarcity now that there is availability they will want to collect something,some fuel stations attendant collects 50N.The govt just introduce then to curb those paying their ways to fuel attendant to buy fuel and take it to the express road to buy or take it home to hoard
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by ismokeweed1(f): 6:37pm On Aug 22, 2012
Yes thats the norm these days. And there is another thing that those dubious fuel attendants do that vexes me,

anytime the fuel attendants are filling your tank or jerrycans and they start foaming (aka. Jerking the trigger on the hose) it means that they are trying to cheat you out of a few litres of your fuel. The jerking movement allows the fuel to pour out in bursts which causes excess foam to emerge, while they do this the meter keeps reading but nothing actually gets into your tank for the duration of the jerking (except foam of course)

once they start doing this, just ask them to pause the sales and wait until the machine is ready to give out fuel at a steady press of the hose's trigger
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by oiseworld: 6:58pm On Aug 22, 2012
double post.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by oiseworld: 6:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
it is completely illegal to collect extra money different from what the pumps read. We should start fighting for our rights, DPR or not. Such laes should not exist in the first place,petrol stations are not expected to sell harzadious fuel in the first place so where is the risk in fueling your keg. Is it any different from selling in you car?

I must confess i've also fallen to this. At one time i used to complain, and i always won, but i discovered that i was the only one doing it, and i became noticed among the attendants. So i stopped, and i started making it look like i was doing them a favour.

It annoing....
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Scream(m): 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2012
i-smoke-weed:
Yes thats the norm these days. And there is another thing that those dubious fuel attendants do that vexes me,

anytime the fuel attendants are filling your tank or jerrycans and they start foaming (aka. Jerking the trigger on the hose) it means that they are trying to cheat you out of a few litres of your fuel. The jerking movement allows the fuel to pour out in bursts which causes excess foam to emerge, while they do this the meter keeps reading but nothing actually gets into your tank for the duration of the jerking (except foam of course)

once they start doing this, just ask them to pause the sales and wait until the machine is ready to give out fuel at a steady press of the hose's trigger

My brother, I have plans to open another tread on this...let's not derail this one. Thanks
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by olaolaking: 7:26pm On Aug 22, 2012
Kemaona: Abeg poster go bury urself. I be attendant, na little cash dey collect from you, na u dey hala 4? If na my station u come, u 4 pay much. U b greedy entity.

Please tell me the name and the address of your station. I want to come there. I see you as a bastard if you can't mention the name.

I use to tell everybody who cares to listen that the problem of Nigeria is not the leaders, but 97% of us with bad orientation.

One thing is sure! Your children will pay in 100 fold
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by 360command: 7:27pm On Aug 22, 2012
I think people are not informed on how jerrycan came about, cause if that write knew, he\she would not have said such by stating its illegal to sell fuel in jerrycans.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by k9ine(m): 7:49pm On Aug 22, 2012
ebamma: na because of 30 naira were dem chop u make u come create topic for nairaland,u be very greedy man
Greedy man?
I cant believe it. The OP just made a valid complaint about a poor service, and near-stealing and you call him 'greedy.' I will not be suprised, it's your type that would be asked to grease a public officer's palm b4 your issue is handled, after you give, you would come here to shout "the civil service is satanically corrupt."
You need serious help!
The society is a reflection of what we individuals are.

2 Likes

Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by 360command: 7:57pm On Aug 22, 2012
k9ine:
Greedy man?
I cant believe it. The OP just made a valid complaint about a poor service, and near-stealing and you call him 'greedy.' I will not be suprised, it's your type that would be asked to grease a public officer's palm b4 your issue is handled, after you give, you would come here to shout "the civil service is satanically corrupt."
You need serious help!
The society is a reflection of what we individuals are.

Nice one bro! Still Tell that @ebamma guy again. Na very stupidous man for calling the OP greedy man.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by DisGuy: 7:57pm On Aug 22, 2012
Why arent people allowed to pump fuel themselves at these stations? undecided
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by kelvincoll(m): 8:00pm On Aug 22, 2012
grin grin
I went to buy N1,000.00 worth of fuel (PMS) in a supposedly reputable gas station, a very rude attendant imputed N970.00; I was told when I inquired that the difference of N30.00 was charges for "using Jerry can". I did not know as I have never been charged, I used to buy directly into my car tank.

Conoil @ stopover junction along Nahco/ airport road re pacesetters here but me and dem dey dig am till dey tag me bad market. Do dey expect I carry my generator come fillinh station?
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Scream(m): 8:08pm On Aug 22, 2012
[quote author=360command]I think people are not informed on how jerrycan came about, cause if that write knew, he\she would not have said such by stating its illegal to sell fuel in jerrycans.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Scream(m): 8:23pm On Aug 22, 2012
It is obvious that this is illegal, let everybody sensitize the public about the illegality. Let us use every opportunity to preach against this...someone is somewhere living large with people's sweats, while the people don't get value for their monies.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Akiika: 8:24pm On Aug 22, 2012
Good God, Nigerian Govt through poverty have made most Nigerian citizens think irrationally such that wrong things now look right to them. I simply find it difficult to believe that some people are defending this absurdity!
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by folahann(m): 8:43pm On Aug 22, 2012
switchmax8: there is no law that says fuel should not be sold in keg/Jerry cans,the attitude came to fore when petrol attendant cash in on labor strike to sell fuel at exorbitant prices to those with keg/Jerry cans.The petroleum attendant discovered that selling to keg they will make more money to them-self than selling to cars that will pay just the normal price of fuel scarcity probably 150N then while those with keg will pay 150N/liter and pay additional 100-200N depending on the volume you want to buy.
It was when motorist complained that the media take it up and the govt said fuel should not be sold to merry cans/kegs that those people deprive the car owners the chances to buy and they went ahead to sell the fuel along the road that later caused death of some innocent Nigeria.when everything has normalize you know Nigeria when price of a commodity rises it is difficult to come down same thing applies to the fuel attendant they have been collecting the money when there was fuel scarcity now that there is availability they will want to collect something,some fuel stations attendant collects 50N.The govt just introduce then to curb those paying their ways to fuel attendant to buy fuel and take it to the express road to buy or take it home to hoard
you nailed the show. Now i understand a lot more than i used to.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Feraz(m): 8:49pm On Aug 22, 2012
I don't think any filling station does it more than OANDO!!!!!!!! angryangryangryangry
Like you said poster, they charge you for jerry cans which is very annoying. If you try asking him why he/she did it, people waiting to get served would start shouting and most times, their managers co-operate with them which is very sad. If you don't give them the complete money say paying 970 for 1000 fuel when they sold the previous for you, you're trying to cause a scene which when people gather, they would support the station attendant asking if you're just buying fuel for the first time. Most times, I just let them remove the 30 or 50 and go my way since I can't find anyone there to support my cause.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Ninapha(f): 9:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
Kemaona: Abeg poster go bury urself. I be attendant, na little cash dey collect from you, na u dey hala 4? If na my station u come, u 4 pay much. U b greedy entity.
U are d reason Nigeria is lyk this. Incase u find urself in bigger place say a bank, am sure u wd be deducting 1 naira from every customer because u are not greedy.

At poster so far i hv not paid, the station is on their own. Except i was informed before the sales.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by freshdew: 9:46pm On Aug 22, 2012
Scream: Euroclydon, what law says one should not buy fuel with keg? Why should such a wicked law stand given our present reality? Why do u think I'm lucky because the almighty filling station attend sold fuel to me in keg? How do u expect millions of Nigerians to fuel their generators daily as PHCN can't guarantee 5 straight hours of electricity?
buy a siphon pump-buy into your car-siphon to your jerry-can or gen-set.for various reasons,including bt not limited to boko bomb activities,niger delta militants bomb activities and other factors,the govt says it should be so.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by basmong: 10:25pm On Aug 22, 2012
@op try using calibrated jerry can instead of keg next time. or ask am to return ur keg n kip their fuel. gbam. aje!
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by koolbe(m): 10:26pm On Aug 22, 2012
I face the same challenge weneva I go a particular outlet close to my house and I always insist on my change. I av evn gone as far as preventing d attendant frm further sales until I' ws gvn wot I paid for. Such tins wld continue until we nigerians fight for our right. It pains me wen I see people accept wateva is thrown at them
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by misterh(m): 11:45pm On Aug 22, 2012
basmong: @op try using calibrated jerry can instead of keg next time. or ask am to return ur keg n kip their fuel. gbam. aje!
Lol @ 'aje'...
@OP, i thought it was only in my area. The problem is that one person cannot not fight this alone. While you are arguing with the attendant, some people will be grumbling behind you about you wasting their time. So you see, Nigerians have resigned to fate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DSS Operatives Invade Home Of Reuters’ Correspondent In Bayelsa / Alex Ikwechegh @ 40 Embarks On 3-Day Back To Back Palliative Fiesta (Video) / Frank Ibezim Sworn In As Senator Representing Imo North Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.