Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg (14078 Views)

Car Explodes At NNPC Station In Bayelsa While Buying Fuel (Photos) / Saraki Faces Fresh Charges For Receiving Governor’s Salary As Senator / N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by clemmonce(m): 11:47pm On Aug 22, 2012
kodeblurr:

30 naira can f.uck that b.itch of a woman you call mom, that brought you to this world. Eediot
this is too much. insulting someones mum show that u dont respect your mum. people like u can insult their mum in the presence of their frds. #no.sense
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Sagytarius(m): 12:29am On Aug 23, 2012
freshdew: buy a siphon pump-buy into your car-siphon to your jerry-can or gen-set.for various reasons,including bt not limited to boko bomb activities,niger delta militants bomb activities and other factors,the govt says it should be so.

Which make of cars are you talking about? Definitely not the Millenium cars. You fittn't try that stunt in a, say, H-Pilot.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by olabiz2010: 1:04am On Aug 23, 2012
Well well well, i think it's high time i add something. For those of you calling OP jew/jews and those that think they know it all, i will try and upload pics of 2 or 3 filling stations that are collecting extra money in my area(Akute/Ajuwon). The funniest part of it is that there is nobody to complain to and if you like speak oral English grin, they will just be laughing at you including people on the cue. Thatz naija for us, i remember when i was in Benin Republic we can go 10 - 25days without power failure for 1sec. May God have mercy on this nation,

1 Like

Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Shaw007(m): 1:13am On Aug 23, 2012
ebamma: na because of 30 naira were dem chop u make u come create topic for nairaland,u be very greedy man
ebaMma!!
Why u con dey fall my hand like dis na. . .i sure sey u neva do bussiness at all 4 ur life,u knw hw many ppl go go d station go buy fuesl,multiply dat by d 30 den dey 'chop' and c hOw much those guys stand 2 gain. . .they might as well carry guns na
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by dein77(m): 6:50am On Aug 23, 2012
Wizee: Now is no longer N30 again, they now collect N50. Is jst dat Nigerians we settle for anytin. I rmemberd wen i n my elder bro went to buy fule,d guy sold 770 instead of 800,so my bro inquired y he did dat he said, na so we take dey chop,no b 2day we don dey do am. Sum1 frm behind jst shouted abeg carry ur keg comot 4there jor abi na N30 u wan fight 4. Dats to say evrybody has accepted it.
Thats the most annoying aspect of it: poorer and more indigent and docile nigerians insulting few courageous nigerians who try to question the rationale behind such immoral and illegal acts. It happened to me one day when I drove to a filling station to buy fuel. The dispenser requested N50 for filling my jerry can after i fueled my car. I refused to comply because rhat would have tantamount to supporting corruption. To my amazement, other vehicles behind me whom i judged to be poorer vented their anger at me, and questioned why i was wasting their time because of N50. The attendant poured back the fuel into his own keg and asked me to go. Actually i didnt get the fuel, and that was a price i needed to pay for rectitude. The good thing is, since that occasion, the attendants in that filling station have recognised me as somebody they cant cheat, hence they dispense fuel into my jerry cans without asking for N50. They have even known my wife .We didnt get that on a platter of gold. If we refuse to cooperatewith corruption, it will end with time.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by dein77(m): 7:01am On Aug 23, 2012
Kemaona: Abeg poster go bury urself. I be attendant, na little cash dey collect from you, na u dey hala 4? If na my station u come, u 4 pay much. U b greedy entity.
You're a fool. You're a disgrace to humanity and Nigeria. So you're among those nitwits negating the prayer of progress for Nigeria? I cant believe you have a face .

1 Like

Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by logo77: 7:22am On Aug 23, 2012
Euroclydon: Am sure u ain't aware that u are not suppose to buy fuel wit keg? Where u from? U are lucky they even sold to you. Most standard filling stations won't sell to you in keg. Be informed.

@Euroclydon:- Tell us how you re-fuel your power generator.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by floridam(m): 8:33am On Aug 23, 2012
Nigeria! Top African oil producer still depend on oil importation to meet local demands.
It's complicated!
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by chloride6: 9:21am On Aug 23, 2012
kodeblurr:

30 naira can f.uck that b.itch of a woman you call mom, that brought you to this world. Eediot

guy u harsh ooh.lwkmd
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 23, 2012
The thing is dis, the manager of the station have already calculated how much the fuel underground tank is. So after sells the attendants will deduct the money they make from illegal deduction from the masses. The managers also approve dis act cos they don't pay them well. So they have to do these act to make more money for them selves.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by miqos02(m): 10:19am On Aug 23, 2012
pls guys we have to keep this discussion going because this people are making making millions off us on a daily basis. i think we should get both the print and electronic media involved, that way the regulatory agencies will wake up to their responsibilities
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by hardbody: 11:08am On Aug 23, 2012
There is indeed a law against carrying fuel on surface tank. It is funny, but people are expected to either procure a permit to enable me them buy in large jherry cans for immovable gensets, while the smaller generators (plants) owners are expected to unscrew and bring their genset tanks to the filling station for fuelling. My point? It might be a bad law, but there is indeed a law in place. if a fuel attendant refuses to sell fuel to you in a surface tank, he will be within his rights, to circumvent this, people give them some money as part of the total cost of purchase. As for me, i dont pay because i buy first in the jherry can before i fill my tank, and you will be dumb to refuse to give me N2k fuel when i will be filling my tank with a much higher figure. If you want to know whether it is an offence or not, expose fuel in jherry cans when you are travelling accoss states and let the police catch you. You will know that there are several other laws you do not know about their existence.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Scream(m): 11:40am On Aug 23, 2012
The recent ban on sale of petrol in jerry-cans by the Rivers State government has continued to generate reactions as Marine workers and the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) at the weekend opposed the action. The state government earlier said the decision to prohibit sale of petrol in jerry cans would assist in checking the activities of black marketers, but the Marine Workers Association and boat operators in the state have rejected the ban, saying it would affect their operation. Leader of the Maritime workers and boat operator in the state, Francis Bodo told newsmen at the weekend that, “We, the Marine people have no other way of buying fuel other than through the use of jerri-cans. We cannot carry our big and small boats on our heads to the filling station.”

Also, ACN in in a statement signed by its state Publicity Secretary, Jerry Needam, said the ban is unwarranted and that it amounts to an infringement on the right of generator users, who use jerry-cans to purchase petrol to fuel their generators.

The party, while wondering how people would power their homes without using jerry-cans to purchase fuel, recalled that in the wake of the labour strike occasioned by the increase in price of fuel, Amaechi promised some palliatives to cushion the suffering of the masses, but that up till now, no palliative has been put in place.

The ACN also wondered why Governor Chibuike Amaechi was quick to ban the use of jerry-cans at filling stations when his promise of providing electricity has remained unfulfilled.

The state’s Commissioner for Information and Communications, Mrs. Ibim Seminatari, while addressing journalists in Port Harcourt, said that the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources had been mandated to close down any filling station that fails to comply with the order.

The Commissioner for Energy and Natural Resources, Okey Amadi on his part, said his ministry has already taken proactive steps to ensure that defaulting marketers are apprehended

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=155638:controversy-trails-rivers-ban-on-sale-of-petrol-in-jerry-cans&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by mayzee: 11:44am On Aug 23, 2012
Euroclydon: Am sure u ain't aware that u are not suppose to buy fuel wit keg? Where u from? U are lucky they even sold to you. Most standard filling stations won't sell to you in keg. Be informed.

Bros no dey talk like this or are u a Nigerian policeman who does not have a mind that has ability to distinguish between right from wrong. It is not illegal to buy fuel in gallon. Go abroad where it is not even common they would not find it strange.

All this started as a result of some fuel scarcity to prevent touts from worsening the situation, because filling stations preferred to sell to them instead of cars because they both share the profit, and u should no your dear country when corruption starts it becomes so difficult to stop, the only way then to buy fuel and not pay extra or for some who refused to sell in gallons was for you to bring the tank of your generator or bring the generator in question to buy fuel.

For FRSC you are no expected to buy and travel with it because of accidents that can be worsened by the carrying of fuel.

BUYING FUEL IN GALLON IS NOT ILLEGAL. CARS ARE NOT THE ONLY MACHINES THAT REQUIRE IT.
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Scream(m): 11:47am On Aug 23, 2012
Scream: The recent ban on sale of petrol in jerry-cans by the Rivers State government has continued to generate reactions as Marine workers and the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) at the weekend opposed the action. The state government earlier said the decision to prohibit sale of petrol in jerry cans would assist in checking the activities of black marketers, but the Marine Workers Association and boat operators in the state have rejected the ban, saying it would affect their operation. Leader of the Maritime workers and boat operator in the state, Francis Bodo told newsmen at the weekend that, “We, the Marine people have no other way of buying fuel other than through the use of jerri-cans. We cannot carry our big and small boats on our heads to the filling station.”

Also, ACN in in a statement signed by its state Publicity Secretary, Jerry Needam, said the ban is unwarranted and that it amounts to an infringement on the right of generator users, who use jerry-cans to purchase petrol to fuel their generators.

The party, while wondering how people would power their homes without using jerry-cans to purchase fuel, recalled that in the wake of the labour strike occasioned by the increase in price of fuel, Amaechi promised some palliatives to cushion the suffering of the masses, but that up till now, no palliative has been put in place.

The ACN also wondered why Governor Chibuike Amaechi was quick to ban the use of jerry-cans at filling stations when his promise of providing electricity has remained unfulfilled.

The state’s Commissioner for Information and Communications, Mrs. Ibim Seminatari, while addressing journalists in Port Harcourt, said that the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources had been mandated to close down any filling station that fails to comply with the order.

The Commissioner for Energy and Natural Resources, Okey Amadi on his part, said his ministry has already taken proactive steps to ensure that defaulting marketers are apprehended

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=155638:controversy-trails-rivers-ban-on-sale-of-petrol-in-jerry-cans&catid=1:news&Itemid=2

Hardbody, please explain why River State government had to ban it if a law existed before now. If it does, isn't it a draconian law given our situation today? Are humans made for laws?
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by ezeuba(m): 3:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
This happens to me sometimes. What I do is this: when the attendant says he will collect extra money for selling to me in keg I tell him no problem, shebi na the keg be the wahala, pour the fuel into my trouser pocket. Or better still, when I am in a rough mood, I allow them to pour into my keg then after payment I will ask for my change, even if it's 10 naira, when the attendant refuses I will ask him to take his fuel back and give me back my money. That brings out a lot of cursing from them though...
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by DAVE5(m): 12:23am On Aug 24, 2012
I guess if I want to fill up ma generator I'll have to carry it to d fuel station
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by babaijo(m): 8:15am On Aug 24, 2012
honestly speaking, this topic has been bordering me, but after all said and done the attitude of those attendants are not legal. I believe if the constitution is against buy PMS inside keg, it should have been reviewed cos of the social change that had taken place, ie there used to be steady power supply and there was nothing like generator then as it is now. Further more, the attendant have no option than to exploit masses cos they are being under paid, i think the highest paid filling station is about 7000k now, so the will want to meet up with the family demanding, guess thats the reason they are doing that without fear of anybody.
Even when you drive into a filling station to fill your tank attendant would be asking you ''anything for us'' as if you employ them.
May God help us in this country.
May I tell you today that the money most of them realise in a week double their monthly salary. There is corruption everywhere in Nigeria even in the Church. I rest my case!!!
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by miqos02(m): 11:16am On Aug 24, 2012
babaijo: honestly speaking, this topic has been bordering me, but after all said and done the attitude of those attendants are not legal. I believe if the constitution is against buy PMS inside keg, it should have been reviewed cos of the social change that had taken place, ie there used to be steady power supply and there was nothing like generator then as it is now. Further more, the attendant have no option than to exploit masses cos they are being under paid, i think the highest paid filling station is about 7000k now, so the will want to meet up with the family demanding, guess thats the reason they are doing that without fear of anybody.
Even when you drive into a filling station to fill your tank attendant would be asking you ''anything for us'' as if you employ them.
May I tell you today that the money most of them realise in a week double their monthly salary. There is corruption everywhere in Nigeria even in the Church. I rest my case!!!
on point
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by Scream(m): 11:21pm On Aug 24, 2012
shocked
babaijo: honestly speaking, this topic has been bordering me, but after all said and done the attitude of those attendants are not legal. I believe if the constitution is against buy PMS inside keg, it should have been reviewed cos of the social change that had taken place, ie there used to be steady power supply and there was nothing like generator then as it is now. Further more, the attendant have no option than to exploit masses cos they are being under paid, i think the highest paid filling station is about 7000k now, so the will want to meet up with the family demanding, guess thats the reason they are doing that without fear of anybody.

Pathetic sad

Pathetic
Re: Charges For Buying Fuel (PMS) With Keg by tollu: 6:32pm On Dec 13, 2015
3 years after this topic was created, issue persists. Only much worse now, you cannot even buy in kegs again in Lagos.

In a country where people provide their own power. This frigging sucks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Crisis: Marketers Deny Receiving Payment From Govt, Say Strike Continues / Alex Ikwechegh @ 40 Embarks On 3-Day Back To Back Palliative Fiesta (Video) / President Buhari Commissions Newly Acquired Staff Quarters Of Defence Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.