Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

What Is Happening To Celtel? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is Happening To Celtel? (4185 Views)

Please What's Happening To Nairaland =Webmasters +pics / Please What Is Happening To GLO Network / What's Happening To Mobile Numbers In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Happening To Celtel? by honsule(m): 3:27pm On Dec 29, 2007
Guys,i went to celtel website i saw a third option of provisioning sim could that be internet in the making?Although,i sent a text to 232 typing mms instead Access wap settings was delivered.Maybe celtel has stopped sending the mms stuff,who knows?Guys,watch out.
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by dapsycool(m): 3:34pm On Dec 29, 2007
Hope it's internet cos i'm missing ma opera mod n shmessenger badly
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by Fadajasi(m): 4:34pm On Dec 29, 2007
Which one be opera mod n shmessenger?
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by honsule(m): 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2007
@fadajasi.maybe it's typographical blunder.
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by 4peace(m): 4:48pm On Dec 29, 2007
opera mod is modification of opera mini done by russia guys.
In it you can
1.copy whole website in text format.
2.file manager
3.resume downloading
4.ftp
5.etc
@dapsycool
i'm still using it with wap,mms.and all jar app are working for me(google map,gmail,opera 4,opera mod 2.06,celity,etc.
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by tobs(m): 4:54pm On Dec 29, 2007
@honsule,yeah dats true.i was on there site yestday,i was send setting to a friend wen i saw d additional settings,i wonder wat dats 4.
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by tobs(m): 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2007
@4peace,were did u download it?hope itz not only for symbian fonez o.coz na palasa i dey use grin
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by honsule(m): 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2007
@4peace.Done by Russia guys.Hope it's not in Russia language.Maybe it is just like opera 8.6 it is a very powerful opera.It has 4 windows,you can pause download and continue later.In fact,that is the reason why i don't usually go to cafe to browse.The operas on my N72 have turn my phone into laptop/pc
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by Fadajasi(m): 5:24pm On Dec 29, 2007
Yeah,wanna know about the opera mod,where do i get it? And how on earth are u using them with mms settings?
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by honsule(m): 5:41pm On Dec 29, 2007
Am talking about opera 8.6 it works with my mms expressly no any trick to that.@fadajasi
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by tobs(m): 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2007
u guyz should stop diz opera mini 8.6 jare.u r making me jelous.well i will soon join d symbian club like bimbor,infobaba,honsule ecetera. grin
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by honsule(m): 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2007
@tobs.that your mtn trick is not complete that is why you complained that you can't open any site.the one i configure for roommate is a little bit difference from yours,no wonder he can open any page.let me teach more on that.or what do you think tob?don't be surprised how i got your own mtn trick.i drop my own mail as usual let any other person and you sent it to me.underground movement.so,be careful
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by tobs(m): 6:27pm On Dec 29, 2007
@honsule,yes o.put me tru.ok i'll be careful wink
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by deeteeneey(f): 8:09pm On Dec 29, 2007
honsule,abeg where can i dwnload dat opera 8.6 frm.
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by dapsycool(m): 8:44pm On Dec 29, 2007
Honsule i like to laugh at your ignorance. You think you know more than me, hell no! I just like being quite in the phone section. If i post anything here and you don't know about it, ask or shut up! Opera mod is the best opera for java phones, with file manager and ftp client, it can open more than 4 pages, got shadow connect and more functions. They got russian and english version, Shmessenger is the best application to run yahoo messenger on a mobile phone. So bros honsule consult me for applications cos most of you here maketh me laugh. Lmfao. There's also ucweb incase you don't know, it's made by some chinese, it would have been better than opera but it's slow but i like the fact that it allows one to upload from phone.
thunder hawk is very cool but it aint free. You gotta pay. Guess i should opera a thread for mobile applications soon.
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by bimbor(m): 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2007
@dapsy guy don't sweat it, opera is known worldwide as the best makers of mobile browsers. besides opera 8.65 beats any mobile browser any day, the only worthy competitior would be the mobile internet explorer on windows mobile devices. Try it n see.

@All, the celtel link to get settings seems to have been disabled on the celtel website, whats happening,
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by dapsycool(m): 9:06pm On Dec 29, 2007
Bimbo you getting it wrong, there are three opera. Opera for pc, opera mobile and opera mini. Opera mobile only works on smart phones but doesn't work on java phones. So for java enabled phones opera mod is way better than opera mini, depending on the kinda phone you use. I can't explain further, go try it yourself. Cos the advantage and functions are just too much compared to opera mini
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by MrInfo1(m): 10:45pm On Dec 29, 2007
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by 4peace(m): 10:56pm On Dec 29, 2007
opera mod 2.06 is 265kb which means i can't upload it here.And i can't remember where i got this english version from so anybody can give the link if you know one.
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by Fadajasi(m): 11:39pm On Dec 29, 2007
Where do u get the opera mod,ucweb and shmessenger?@dapsy
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by tobs(m): 11:44pm On Dec 29, 2007
@honsule,av been waiting for you on that full MTN stuff u wana teach me.abeg u could just drop it in my mail,or we could chat it out on yahoomsger wink
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by honsule(m): 1:29am On Dec 30, 2007
dapsycool:

Honsule i like to laugh at your ignorance. You think you know more than me, hell no! I just like being quite in the phone section. If i post anything here and you don't know about it, ask or shut up! Opera mod is the best opera for java phones, with file manager and ftp client, it can open more than 4 pages, got shadow connect and more functions. They got russian and english version, Shmessenger is the best application to run yahoo messenger on a mobile phone. So bros honsule consult me for applications because most of you here maketh me laugh. Lmfao. There's also ucweb incase you don't know, it's made by some chinese, it would have been better than opera but it's slow but i like the fact that it allows one to upload from phone.
thunder hawk is very cool but it aint free. You gotta pay. Guess i should opera a thread for mobile applications soon.
i guess you suffered semantics while reading my post.get me right.i said"maybe,it is typographical blunder"it is not as the same as using the definite article"it's typographical blunder"maybe connote uncertainty.i think i demand an apology for your above statement.
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by honsule(m): 1:40am On Dec 30, 2007
@dapsy.Assist us by posting the links to the opera mod and the messager download.Thanks
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by honsule(m): 1:46am On Dec 30, 2007
@all.Anybody that need a personal service.I can text the opera 8.65 link to your phone directly,then you just go straight and download it.Remember,that calls for your phone number any network just drop it.
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by MrInfo1(m): 2:01am On Dec 30, 2007
http://ucweb.com/English/mobile_list.shtml

the stuff is 666 KB, I still prefer my opera 8.65 so dapsycool, wat ur bal! bla!! bla!! About?
u shd b ashamed of urself for not sharing wat u knew at least, u most have gain one way or the other from any of us here?
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by bimbor(m): 2:38am On Dec 30, 2007
@honsulue i just formatted my memory card due to some issues that has to do with routing PC internet connections to mobile phones, can u please send me the link for the opera 8.65 this mms thing is preventing me from downloading directly to my phone, pls send it to this number 07031985833 so i can download via broadbnd n install on my phone
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by honsule(m): 3:28am On Dec 30, 2007
@bimbor.done.i have just sent you the opera 8.65 link via sms.cheers.
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by honsule(m): 3:38am On Dec 30, 2007
i have downloaded the shmessenger.@info baba.thanks for all the links you that you have posted.same with me,i prefer my 8.6 opera.it browses like normal pc.technology
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by MrInfo1(m): 3:41am On Dec 30, 2007
next time, ignore ppl like dapsycool kiss
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by honsule(m): 3:49am On Dec 30, 2007
@info baba.Ok.I will.Thanks for your concern.
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by honsule(m): 4:03am On Dec 30, 2007
@info.in the shmessenger there is provision for wap/internet connection.i used the wap/http but it is not going.it seems to me the shmessenger is even a junk.i think i prefer my ebuddy,bing etc.let me delete it abeg.no thanks to Dapsy.i wouldn't have downloaded it for the first place.i downloaded the ucweb before but i deleted it.but i still have netfront on my phone.i don't even use it
Re: What Is Happening To Celtel? by bimbor(m): 5:14am On Dec 30, 2007
honsule it seems mosh.nokia.mobi site is temporarily down, check

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Internet Settings(tecno L3) / Tecno Phantom B And Tecno Phantom B+ (Expected In 2014) / Airtel Is Out With Double Awuf. Free Mb Still Blazing. Enjoy While It Last!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.