Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

In Defence Of Logicboy - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Defence Of Logicboy (14275 Views)

Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! / Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism / The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by cyrexx: 9:38pm On Sep 13, 2012
Obi1kenobi:
While I'm no fan of logicboy's brand of militant atheism, you don't sound very christian with your overbearing arrogance, not to mention the abrasive language. Keep it in check, man. Everyone musn't believe in an imaginary god who can't speak for himself.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Avicenna: 10:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
Kai.....

Went away for 2 minutes and this thread went to 8 pages!

Wow.

Logicboy must be really despised by some people.

#nice.

Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Ptolomeus(m): 10:54pm On Sep 13, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I play videogames and masturbate.

Hahahaha!
That's why I say that you are someone great!
I am dying with laughter!

Congratulations!

Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 11:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Hahahaha!
That's why I say that you are someone great!
I am dying with laughter!

Congratulations!

Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 11:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
Avicenna: Kai.....

Wow.

#nice.

Atheist swagger bring religious haters cool
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by thehomer: 1:06pm On Sep 14, 2012
cyrexx: And it shall come to pass in those days, the spirit of davidylan shall fully enter Ihedinobi, while being cheerled on by ishilove, and he shall open his mouth wide and say "Raca" to whoever does not agree with his views. the soldier of christ will then begin to fight his battles physically, like the moslems, since S.W.A.T (spiritual war and tactics) is not yielding any results.

but no problem, Yahweh can easily be appeased with repentance and you can get away with virtually any sin if you are "smart" enough to "repent" at the right time. so there is no consequence of disobeying his word that says you should not call people fools.

onward, Ihedinobi, the newly evolved chrisian soldier.

let the abrasive languages continue on these godforsaken hellbound unbelievers.

Yahweh is proud of you, his fighting kid, as you are helping him fight his battles, just like Allah is proud of them muslims. grin

[size=14pt] grin[/size] Such things could be God's intention. It is known.

Allahu Akbar.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by thehomer: 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
davidylan:
. . . .

A real child of God knows better than to be knocked around by the clearly ignorant bleating of atheists who hang their hopes on a "science" they are just too illiterate about.

Careful now. You really should be careful about your generalization concerning atheists in discussing science.

Don't make me whip you again.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by F00028: 7:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I dont have to be a biologist to know certain facts about biology any more than you need to be a muslim to know that the Quran is false.

shocked say what?! the Qur'an is false now?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 7:16pm On Sep 14, 2012
F00028:

shocked say what?! the Qur'an is false now?

So false that is very confusing for even the muslims and their clerics
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by F00028: 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2012
MacDaddy01:

So false that is very confusing for even the muslims and their clerics
it doesn't confuse me. how is it false?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Ptolomeus(m): 7:30pm On Sep 14, 2012
Avicenna: Kai.....

Wow.

#nice.
That's one of the main virtues of logicboy.
He with just two words, makes matching angry fans.
In this thread several fans have already spoken, all angry, and wanting to logicboy fry in oil ...
But logic makes fun of them ...
They can not with Logic!
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 14, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I dont have to be a biologist to know certain facts about biology any more than you need to be a muslim to know that the Quran is false.

You know what? Make I free you small. I went bare knuckles on you to show how poverty-stricken your intellect is before God's Wisdom. You don't qualify to judge God, my brother. You qualify to ask Him what He did and why and how, not to tell Him some better way to do it.

Now, to be generous (which my hidden post wasn't at all), I'll show you what that post actually said.

In the context of our discussion thus far and the debate we had, that post actually means "I don't have to know biology to know biology". You can see how that's an intellectually bankrupt thing to say.

You need not be a professional biologist to talk intelligently about biological subjects, but it is a sign of intelligence to submit actual biological facts, indicate appreciation of questionability of uncertain such facts and total ignorance in areas of biology you know nothing about when you argue for a biological position. To claim ignorance of a science and then base arguments on it is to evidence intellectual dishonesty or plain lack of intelligence neither of which bodes well for a position held by the debater.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 8:14pm On Sep 14, 2012
F00028:
it doesn't confuse me. how is it false?

-cousin marriage (The prophet married his cousin)
-slavery (what your right hand posseses, no punishment for slavery
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ihedinobi:

You know what? Make I free you small. I went bare knuckles on you to show how poverty-stricken your intellect is before God's Wisdom. You don't qualify to judge God, my brother. You qualify to ask Him what He did and why and how, not to tell Him some better way to do it.

Now, to be generous (which my hidden post wasn't at all), I'll show you what that post actually said.

In the context of our discussion thus far and the debate we had, that post actually means "I don't have to know biology to know biology". You can see how that's an intellectually bankrupt thing to say.

You need not be a professional biologist to talk intelligently about biological subjects, but it is a sign of intelligence to submit actual biological facts, indicate appreciation of questionability of uncertain such facts and total ignorance in areas of biology you know nothing about when you argue for a biological position. To claim ignorance of a science and then base arguments on it is to evidence intellectual dishonesty or plain lack of intelligence neither of which bodes well for a position held by the debater.

Pure BS. Even a secondary school child knows basic genetics and evolution. Shut up.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 14, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Pure BS. Even a secondary school child knows basic genetics and evolution. Shut up.

Ah well, one can only go so far, right? Make I no de fall your hand de go. smiley
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by F00028: 8:27pm On Sep 14, 2012
MacDaddy01:

-cousin marriage (The prophet married his cousin)
so?

MacDaddy01:

-slavery (what your right hand posseses, no punishment for slavery
and that makes the Book false, how exactly?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 8:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Ah well, one can only go so far, right? Make I no de fall your hand de go. smiley

Sharaap angry angry angry angry angry

I do not need to be a biologist to talk about evolution. Notice how Davidylan ran away when confronted with his claims that evolution is a hoax? He ran away when told that most of his biologist pals support evolution. Unless he is accusing his fellow biologists of fraud, he is lying.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 8:29pm On Sep 14, 2012
F00028:
so?

and that makes the Book false, how exactly?

may your children have sex with their cousins and sold as slaves.

please, reply inshallah
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Ptolomeus(m): 9:17pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ihedinobi:

estimate:
Excuse me that I intervene.
Your comment is valid.
But likewise, should require rigorous analysis of thousands of Bible contradictions, of every pastor interprets passages at their convenience.
I Imagine that you are a Christian, I also understand that you are an intelligent person ....
Then, using the transitive property, I gather, for example, that you do not pay tithing ...
Let us demand the same rigor as the others.
My respects!
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by F00028: 9:19pm On Sep 14, 2012
MacDaddy01:

may your children have sex with their cousins and sold as slaves.

please, reply inshallah

really? thats all you have?...insha Allah.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ptolomeus:

estimate:
Excuse me that I intervene.
Your comment is valid.
But likewise, should require rigorous analysis of thousands of Bible contradictions, of every pastor interprets passages at their convenience.
I Imagine that you are a Christian, I also understand that you are an intelligent person ....
Then, using the transitive property, I gather, for example, that you do not pay tithing ...
Let us demand the same rigor as the others.
My respects!

I'm not altogether sure that I understand what you said, but I think that you're saying that I should deal with other seeming contradictions in the Bible the same way that I handled the one of genetics and incest. If that is so, I don't have a problem with it.

I can only tell you, sir, that I can only deal with them as they are raised. Ordinarily, I don't open threads just to treat issues considered contradictory in the Bible, but I can join one to contribute my understanding to the discussion.

My respects to you too.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 22, 2012
A bump for the undecided.

Go vote Logicboy

#teamLB
#teamCheers
#teamMacDaddy

Lol...

Bump, bump, bump...
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 22, 2012
plaetton:
Curiosity killed the cat, but Satisfaction got him back.

Where did u get this from please?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:41am On Dec 22, 2012
Thank Gods, Nigeria will soon be rid of scoial evils lyk christianity and islam.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 22, 2012
Wow!
So logicboy has had such an effect on people?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by cyrexx: 11:14am On Dec 22, 2012
musKeeto: A bump for the undecided.

Go vote Logicboy

#teamLB
#teamCheers
#teamMacDaddy

Lol...

Bump, bump, bump...

Calling each and everyone of Logicboy's fans and admirers, you are all needed to show your support for him on this thread for the voter of the year award.

https://www.nairaland.com/1121654/poster-year-awards-need-votes/12
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 23, 2012
rebump cheesy
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by wiegraf: 1:48am On Dec 24, 2012
And in case it hasn't been stated before, many misconstrue his 'aggression'. Of course those that look behind lines notice how silly notions of some personal vendetta or whatever are.

Anyways, it's fairly simple, someone mocking him led him to questioning his beliefs, so he's personally aware of how effective that approach is and is simply trying it out on others he fears might be unwittingly harming themselves or others. His intention is to get them to question their beliefs, it's never personal. Unlike me for instance, while never personal personal, at times I attack just out of pure disgust at the sheepleness I see. Or shall I say, I just want to spank some for one folly or the other. Sometime just boredom sef. Not so with lb, he actually cares.

Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by plaetton: 2:51am On Dec 24, 2012
inurmind:

Well, a cat has nine lives. So if curiosity kills the cat, satisfaction gets him a chance at another life. lol

Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 6:49am On Dec 24, 2012
plaetton:
Well, a cat has nine lives. So if curiosity kills the cat, satisfaction gets him a chance at another life. lol

I mean the the exact phrase.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 03, 2013
inurmind:

He meant to say "Curiosity killed the cat but saved the dog". cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Reconciles With Wife, Anita / How To Ask And Receive From God Always / Can Someone Be Possessed Without Knowing?