Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

In Defence Of Logicboy - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Defence Of Logicboy (14276 Views)

Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! / Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism / The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by UyiIredia(m): 8:24pm On Aug 27, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Explain how? Le me give you one simple contradiction;

The bible says that incest is bad. However
-Abraham married his step-sister
-Adam was Eve's biological parent from rib cloning. Therefore, their relationship was incestuous
-The only way Adam and Eve could have had grandchildren is through incest of their children

That was after some time. Incest was proclaimed bad in the Mosaic laws documented in Exodus & Deuteronomy. By that time the population had grown enough so in-breeding couldn't occur. It would have been a contradiction if God said incest was bad then created Adam & Eve only. I hope you're thinking clearly now.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by DeepSight(m): 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2012
jayriginal: ^^^
Aww how cute. The baby is name calling again.

SHADDAP! I have ALWAYS been a baby. And only babies inherit the kingdom o' Gad. . . hic. . . need to finist off this brandy, an get more polite. . . hic. . . .
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by jayriginal: 8:29pm On Aug 27, 2012
Deep Sight:

SHADDAP! I have ALWAYS been a baby. And only babies inherit the kingdom o' Gad. . . hic. . . need to finist off this brandy, an get more polite. . . hic. . . .

undecided
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by UyiIredia(m): 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2012
jayriginal:

The thing tire me oh.

Uyi, about the fallibilty issue, I am still not sure about what you mean. Are you asking for fallibilty in a work of a human ?

Do you need to even ask ?

What kind of fallibility ?
If you say his work is not based on science, lets put that aside. Are you asking for typos ? What ?

I'm still wondering why you are asking if its infallible. Who the hell refers to The God Delusion as a monumental piece of literature (even here on nairaland). I'm yet to hear of an atheist who says reading The God Delusion was a major milestone for him.

In any case, until you are more specific, I'll have to be general. If you are asking for "infallibility", I havent scrutinized the book with a mind to discovering these. If one were to do so, there might be found errors in the book. That would not be surprising seeing as he is a human being and not "God".

When I say infallibility I'm talking about the correspondence with hard facts and internal consistency and soundness of literary style. If the book fulfills this requirements then you can say it is infallible. I've been specific now so answer the question.

I'm asking the question because the doctrine of infallibility of the Scriptures is contested by atheists. I was trying to draw an analogy to other works in this case The God Delusion to show that some books while not divinely inspired could be said to be infallible_or not.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by jayriginal: 8:42pm On Aug 27, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

When I say infallibility I'm talking about the correspondence with hard facts and internal consistency and soundness of literary style. If the book fulfills this requirements then you can say it is infallible. I've been specific now so answer the question.

I'm asking the question because the doctrine of infallibility of the Scriptures is contested by atheists. I was trying to draw an analogy to other works in this case The God Delusion to show that some books while not divinely inspired could be said to be infallible_or not.

I wouldnt know about hard facts cos I'd have to investigate that. I'm not interested. It wouldnt move me either if anyone pointed out errors in his work, as long as the person was able to demonstrate these. Maybe its the way I think of the word "infallible" but I can hardly think of any work of man that can be said to be infallible. Is Romeo and Juliet "infallible" ? It just doesnt seem to me to be the sort of question you'd ask of a work of man.

It is possible that there are errors in his work. I know The God Delusion has its fair share of critics. I cant consider The God Delusion to be infallible. Its just a book. Nothing more.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 8:54pm On Aug 27, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

That was after some time. Incest was proclaimed bad in the Mosaic laws documented in Exodus & Deuteronomy. By that time the population had grown enough so in-breeding couldn't occur. It would have been a contradiction if God said incest was bad then created Adam & Eve only. I hope you're thinking clearly now.

List of Uyis epic fails

1) You admit that God changes his morality. What a fake guy
2) You evaded the fact that there are more cases of incest in the bible
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by UyiIredia(m): 9:06pm On Aug 27, 2012
MacDaddy01:

List of Uyis epic fails

1) You admit that God changes his morality. What a fake guy
2) You evaded the fact that there are more cases of incest in the bible

Nonsense. You have the burden of showing how God changing his moral stance in this instance makes the Bible contradictory. It seems you're too lazy to do that. So what if there were other cases of incest. Does that now make the Bible wrong. So Ammons incestuous affair with his half-sister Tamar makes the Bible contradictory !?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 9:13pm On Aug 27, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Nonsense. You have the burden of showing how God changing his moral stance in this instance makes the Bible contradictory. It seems you're too lazy to do that. So what if there were other cases of incest. Does that now make the Bible wrong. So Ammons incestuous affair with his half-sister Tamar makes the Bible contradictory !?

I always knew that you are 2 chromosomes away from being retarded.

God allows Adam, Abraham to commit incest then goes 180 degrees to ban incest,
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MyJoe: 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2012
Deep Sight:

jayriginal:

undecided

Lol.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by UyiIredia(m): 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I always knew that you are 2 chromosomes away from being retarded.

You are the slow one.

MacDaddy01: God allows Adam, Abraham to commit incest then goes 180 degrees to ban incest,

so what ? How is His changing the laws on a moral stance wrong ? Or do you suppose he should have left it that way for consistency ? Besides he wouldn't be omnipotent if he could not effect changes. There are instances where God changed his mind on an issue (eg the destruction of Nineveh)and there is nothing wrong with that. Lemme ask you a question. Given man's evolutionary history will inbreeding not have occurred ?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 8:47pm On Aug 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

You are the slow one.

so what ? How is His changing the laws on a moral stance wrong ? Or do you suppose he should have left it that way for consistency ? Besides he wouldn't be omnipotent if he could not effect changes. There are instances where God changed his mind on an issue (eg the destruction of Nineveh)and there is nothing wrong with that. Lemme ask you a question. Given man's evolutionary history will inbreeding not have occurred ?

If Logicboy was God, he would have created millions of people in the first place instead of two.

But Alas, the story of Adam and Eve is a myth.

2 people repopulating the earth? If that were true, we would be retard.ed mofos right now
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 9:58pm On Sep 04, 2012
mkmyers45: I could also smile after reding this.....THE LOGICBOY EFFECT grin grin grin grin
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Ptolomeus(m): 10:48pm On Sep 04, 2012
Logicboy is my friend.
I respect him a lot ...
He has a sense of humor ...
We can all have a moment of aggression. but Logic is even funny ...

My respect for him!

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 2:02am On Sep 05, 2012
Ptolomeus: Logicboy is my friend.
I respect him a lot ...
He has a sense of humor ...
We can all have a moment of aggression. but Logic is even funny ...

My respect for him!

Gracias!
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 05, 2012
musKeeto:
Religion is killing itself in Nigeria and Nairaland is supplying the weapons..

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm glad religion is dying so that we can begin to see true Christianity more clearly. It's always confused things, innit?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 05, 2012
MacDaddy01:

We keep saying the same things but you always want to distance yourself from me. angry cool

We are both humanists at the end of the day cool

haha....awesome! Logicboy wants buddies!!! Who knew? grin
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 05, 2012
MacDaddy01:

If Logicboy was God, he would have created millions of people in the first place instead of two.

But Alas, the story of Adam and Eve is a myth.

2 people repopulating the earth? If that were true, we would be retard.ed mofos right now

Here's this one question: what is the biological relationship in terms of genes between the parent(s) and the offspring?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 11:03am On Sep 05, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Here's this one question: what is the biological relationship in terms of genes between the parent(s) and the offspring?

lol....how does this reduce the age of Methuselah?

You dont know that you inherit genes from your parents?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2012
MacDaddy01:

lol....how does this reduce the age of Methuselah?

You dont know that you inherit genes from your parents?

Don't worry, your very answers will clarify relevance.

What would you define as the genetic relationship between siblings?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Don't worry, your very answers will clarify relevance.

What would you define as the genetic relationship between siblings?

They both have genes from their parents?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 05, 2012
^

Are they then the same genetic entities? If yes, how? If no, how?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 3:35pm On Sep 05, 2012
Ihedinobi: ^

Are they then the same genetic entities? If yes, how? If no, how?

They are only the same if they are identical twins (boy-boy or girl-girl). They are then clones
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2012
MacDaddy01:

They are only the same if they are identical twins (boy-boy or girl-girl). They are then clones

So, except identical twins, siblings are essentially different genetic entities. That's what I understand you to be saying. Now, how is this so? Since they have the same parents and derive their genes from them, how are they different from one another?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 5:50pm On Sep 05, 2012
Ihedinobi:

So, except identical twins, siblings are essentially different genetic entities. That's what I understand you to be saying. Now, how is this so? Since they have the same parents and derive their genes from them, how are they different from one another?

I did not study science. Berra get to your point quick!

Basically, siblings inherit different traits at different levels from their parents. Some get recessive genes some get the dominant. Some Mendelian stuff here.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 05, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I did not study science. Berra get to your point quick!

Basically, siblings inherit different traits at different levels from their parents. Some get recessive genes some get the dominant. Some Mendelian stuff here.

lol.......really, man. You're real funny. Perhaps you should study it up a bit.

Your answer amounts to this: the offspring are each unique combinations of the parents' genes and essentially subsets of said genes. Have I got you right?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 11:05pm On Sep 05, 2012
Ihedinobi:

lol.......really, man. You're real funny. Perhaps you should study it up a bit.

Your answer amounts to this: the offspring are each unique combinations of the parents' genes and essentially subsets of said genes. Have I got you right?

yes
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 06, 2012
MacDaddy01:

yes

If this is so, would you say that which each successive generation there is a reduction is dispersion of genes such that siblings grow closer and closer in identity genetically?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 12:16pm On Sep 06, 2012
Ihedinobi:

If this is so, would you say that which each successive generation there is a reduction is dispersion of genes such that siblings grow closer and closer in identity genetically?

Your statement is only valid assuming that the family marries within themselves. Yes.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 06, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Your statement is only valid assuming that the family marries within themselves. Yes.

Could you explain your answer a little?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 5:29pm On Sep 06, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Could you explain your answer a little?

It is as clear as daylight.

Maybe you should have gotten your point across earlier. angry angry
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 06, 2012
MacDaddy01:

It is as clear as daylight.

Maybe you should have gotten your point across earlier. angry angry

You don't need to rush me. smiley

Now, please answer clearly. Are you saying that there is any condition under which the gene pool from which offspring are drawn will allow an increase in genetic difference between siblings? If you are, please define this condition.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 06, 2012
[

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Reconciles With Wife, Anita / How To Ask And Receive From God Always / Can Someone Be Possessed Without Knowing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.