Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,238 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? (1788 Views)

Why Man Is Greater Than God (biblical God, Agnostic God Or Diest God Etc) / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by plaetton: 6:28am On Aug 27, 2012
obadiah777: Bruh, this here is GOOD NEWS TRANSLATION

1 In the beginning, when God created the[b] universe[/b], 2 the earth was formless and desolate. The raging ocean that covered everything was engulfed in total darkness, and the Spirit of God was moving over the water. 3 Then God commanded, "Let there be light" - and light appeared. 4 God was pleased with what he saw. Then he separated the light from the darkness, 5

And why should we accept the good news translation? And why are we not quoting from the original manuscripts?
By the way, where are they??
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 27, 2012
plaetton:

What is the difference between mistranslated and misplacement of words?
In my(this) context,they represent the same thing.The later is metaphoric.
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:36am On Aug 27, 2012
Are you sure that what you have been told is god is a spirit? Are you sure about that?
Billyonaire: With due respect. Can you expand on what you mean by "The mind of the creator is the universe." Spirit is far beyond the emotional plane of existence where mind is applicable. What we call "God" is spirit, and spirit is far beyond mind and the mental consciousness.
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 27, 2012
plaetton:

And why should we accept the good news translation? And why are we not quoting from the original manuscripts?
By the way, where are they??
thats a good question. where are the original manuscripts ? in the vaults in the vatican. why accept the good news translation ? you dont have to but i thought it was common knowledge that the heavens means the universe. at least thats what i thought undecided
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by plaetton: 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2012
obadiah777: thats a good question. where are the original manuscripts ? in the vaults in the vatican. why accept the good news translation ? you dont have to but i thought it was common knowledge that the heavens means the universe. at least thats what i thought undecided

Fair enough.
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Kay17: 2:00pm On Aug 27, 2012
Another alternative is that this present universe and its history was not even conmtemplated in those times. Therefore the author bound by the knowledge of his time, did carry the general idea held then.
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Niflheim(m): 3:00pm On Aug 27, 2012
@onetrack,I believe that you have a very strong point about god being destroyed by the big bang,the same way that so many other scientists were killed by their inventions!!!.........................as per god being subjected to hell the same way he subjected his subjects to it,that will be pure justice!!!
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by grandstar(m): 1:47am On Aug 31, 2012
Billyonaire: I am here not to analyze anything but to ask honestly in order to seek level of understanding of the consciousness of forumites before chipping in some hard truth:

Which is greater. Is it God or the Universe ?

Matthew 23:16-21

16“Woe to ​YOU, blind guides, who say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it is nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is under obligation.’

17 Fools and blind ones! Which, in fact, is greater, the gold or the temple that has sanctified the gold?18Also, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it is nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is under obligation.’

19 Blind ones! Which, in fact, is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift?20 Therefore he that swears by the altar is swearing by it and by all the things on it;

21 and he that swears by the temple is swearing by it and by him that is inhabiting it;22and he that swears by heaven is swearing by the throne of God and by him that is sitting on it."

So who is greater I ask you, the universe or who that constructed it?

Pls visit www.jw.org if you have more questions about creation or evolution
Re: Which Is Greater ? God Or The Universe ? by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 31, 2012
grandstar:

Matthew 23:16-21

16“Woe to ​YOU, blind guides, who say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it is nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is under obligation.’

17 Fools and blind ones! Which, in fact, is greater, the gold or the temple that has sanctified the gold?18Also, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it is nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is under obligation.’

19 Blind ones! Which, in fact, is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift?20 Therefore he that swears by the altar is swearing by it and by all the things on it;

21 and he that swears by the temple is swearing by it and by him that is inhabiting it;22and he that swears by heaven is swearing by the throne of God and by him that is sitting on it."

So who is greater I ask you, the universe who He that constructed it?
Is that the best you can do?You think you've convinced Him?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Types Of Atheists / Christian Social Networking Sites - Where Can I Network With Other Christians? / Making Maximum Impact In Ministry.(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.