Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI - Properties (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI (225995 Views)

PILLING:CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TRIPLET WITH BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI / PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI / Construction Process Of A Wing Duplex+flat At Ajah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by amarilo: 2:09pm On May 20, 2013
Please how many tons of 16mm can somebody use to deck a building of 116sqm. somebody help.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 7:13pm On May 20, 2013
amarilo: Please how many tons of 16mm can somebody use to deck a building of 116sqm. somebody help.
amarilo: Please how many tons of 16mm can somebody use to deck a building of 116sqm. somebody help.

It' better u send ur drawing. one can't calculate with sq mt because we need to know length of the beam
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:51am On May 21, 2013
I mean a standard plot --120x60....
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 3:05pm On May 21, 2013
segcy.moor:
work in progress
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:59am On May 22, 2013
sinking of soak away

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by mufutau55(m): 3:07pm On May 22, 2013
segcy.moor:
sinking of soak away

You mean the soak away sank by itself? Is it an old one or something?
Please explain. Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 5:57pm On May 22, 2013
mufutau55:

You mean the soak away sank by itself? Is it an old one or something?
Please explain. Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
This is the process of construction of soak away in area prone to water.
The form-work and casting need to be done on the surface. Having cure, the form-work will be remove and the sand beside the concrete will be remove hence giving way for concrete to sink.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by mufutau55(m): 6:28pm On May 22, 2013
segcy.moor:

This is the process of construction of soak away in area prone to water.
The form-work and casting need to be done on the surface. Having cure, the form-work will be remove and the sand beside the concrete will be remove hence giving way for concrete to sink.

Thank you very much for the details.. I am learning.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 1:20pm On May 23, 2013
mufutau55:

Thank you very much for the details.. I am learning.

Hajji Mufutau
u are welcome!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 11:33pm On May 23, 2013
work in progress
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 10:18am On May 24, 2013
!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:28am On May 25, 2013
..Monring!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:25am On May 26, 2013
!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by tlops(m): 7:04pm On May 26, 2013
waiting!

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by Maca411: 1:37am On May 27, 2013
For your American Fiberglass Shingles roofing needs, contact us at:

Roofing Supply Group of Nigeria
Office in Lagos
Phone: 08038276676

Best in Roofing.
http://www.pabcoroofing.com/pabco_premier_laminated_shingles.html
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 10:33pm On May 27, 2013
work update

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 7:30am On May 28, 2013
work in progress

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by 9jaCrusade: 3:44pm On May 28, 2013
I have learnt a lot from this post... Segun, just know you are doing a good job and filling a need. Keep it up. Many people are learning. Most people think hoarding information helps. Maybe they are not too sure of themselves. I will not mind coming to add to my knowledge on your site. I have a BSc building but I have been out of industry for years. This is quite refreshing. Thanks
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by oladele007: 4:19pm On May 28, 2013
U are doing a wonderful work here, thanks for posting the good work, i really learn alots here. i have a duplex of 6 flats am doing. am i free to ask u any contacts of the workers that work like yours, like the Electrician, plumber and so on. thanks.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by bugmenot: 7:15pm On May 28, 2013
@ Segcy.moor

Can you recommend anyone that can do a perfect plastering job? Site location is Ajah.

Thanks in advance!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 7:51pm On May 28, 2013
oladele007: U are doing a wonderful work here, thanks for posting the good work, i really learn alots here. i have a duplex of 6 flats am doing. am i free to ask u any contacts of the workers that work like yours, like the Electrician, plumber and so on. thanks.
oladele007: U are doing a wonderful work here, thanks for posting the good work, i really learn alots here. i have a duplex of 6 flats am doing. am i free to ask u any contacts of the workers that work like yours, like the Electrician, plumber and so on. thanks.
Pls trace these guy post 'topsy23' i also met him here on NL and he look professional(mobile:08033643191)he is into Mech/Elect.

1 Like

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by oladele007: 10:15pm On May 28, 2013
thanks so much, i will do that. more grease to ur elbow.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by doncaster(m): 10:07am On May 29, 2013
I noticed from your two buildings here, you always deck before fixing the blocks, is there any advantage in doing so. For me i feel its somehow weste of planks used in forming the pillers and lintel. for example, you will use four planks for a piller and three for the lintel in your casewhich also increase the number of nails, binding wires and labour hours(price) but when block work is involved you can only use maximum of 2 planks for the piller(Column) and lintel less nails, wire and labour(price).

my opinion anyway
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 6:03pm On May 29, 2013
9jaCrusade: I have learnt a lot from this post... Segun, just know you are doing a good job and filling a need. Keep it up. Many people are learning. Most people think hoarding information helps. Maybe they are not too sure of themselves. I will not mind coming to add to my knowledge on your site. I have a BSc building but I have been out of industry for years. This is quite refreshing. Thanks
pls send ur resume. probably we may engage you
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:04am On May 30, 2013
bugmenot: @ Segcy.moor

Can you recommend anyone that can do a perfect plastering job? Site location is Ajah.

Thanks in advance!

Sir, I ve been trying to reach a guy at Cotonou for you but couldn't. I am afraid all guy available now were busy
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by bugmenot: 2:42pm On May 30, 2013
segcy.moor:

Sir, I ve been trying to reach a guy at Cotonou for you but couldn't. I am afraid all guy available now were busy

Thanks Segcy. I don't mind waiting for a few days/weeks or even months to get an excellent job at a reasonable price. If you're able to reach the guy at Cotonou or one of the other guys becomes available, I will greatly appreciate it if you could refer them to me.

Thanks again!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by gtrust: 5:39pm On May 30, 2013
segcy.moor:

It annoys me that these Cotonou guys are the best when it comes to plastering/pop/tiles. even painting!
What happened to Nigerian guys
Is there no school or somewhere they can go and patiently learn to do these jobs

Imagin: even Tailoring Cotonou! wahala dey!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by bugmenot: 8:28pm On May 30, 2013
gtrust:

It annoys me that these Cotonou guys are the best when it comes to plastering/pop/tiles. even painting!
What happened to Nigerian guys
Is there no school or somewhere they can go and patiently learn to do these jobs

Imagin: even Tailoring Cotonou! wahala dey!

My guess is that it's just their area of specialization. Those amongst them who are plastering pros might not do other unrelated jobs. Nigerian guys on the other hand are probably jacks of all trades (including plastering) thus the difference in job quality.

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by mufutau55(m): 9:18pm On May 30, 2013
bugmenot:

My guess is that it's just their area of specialization. Those amongst them who are plastering pros might not do other unrelated jobs. Nigerian guys on the other hand are probably jacks of all trades (including plastering) thus the difference in job quality.

You forgot about the "Get rich Quick" guys without wanting to do anything/work for the money.
Even we have them here in overseas too.. and they are Naijas.
Why did you go overseas in the first case, if you don't want to work?

Hajji Mufutau
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by bugmenot: 11:10pm On May 30, 2013
mufutau55:

You forgot about the "Get rich Quick" guys without wanting to do anything/work for the money.
Even we have them overseas too.. and they are Naijas. What did you go overseas for, if you don't want to work?

Hajji Mufutau

Na true you talk, my brother. Any short cut to wealth, skills acquisition is too time consuming.

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by Meritgoal(m): 11:39pm On May 30, 2013
segcy.moor:
To start with, get an Architectural drawings
with a recomendation of TILCOR New Zealand stone coated roofing tiles for the roof. Call Hammed on 07038092452 for the supply and installation.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by Meritgoal(m): 12:24am On May 31, 2013
bugmenot: @ Segcy.moor

Thanks in advance!
TILCOR New Zealand stone coated roofing tiles is availaible at affordable price to complement the luxry of the building. Call Hammed on 07038092452. We supply and install.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (101) (Reply)

Prices For These Paints / How Large Is 'A Plot' Of Land? / Best Architectural, Interior And Construction Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.