Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. (7038 Views)

Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal / Suicide Bomber Ran Away From Killing Innocent People In Maiduguri / Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by CyberG: 5:35pm On Aug 28, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Go and sit down you shameless old fagg! How about the "ASABA GENOCIDE" where your infamous brave nigerian soldiers opened fire on innocent and armless women and children? Be careful before i put a curse on your already miserable life!

I guess you don't know the facts of the so called "Asaba Genocide", do you? I am quite busy now and no time to go dig-up the published details as far as 1972 of what happened! Nonetheless, if armed assailants enter your house and meets your family at 2 am, what would you do? You have only 2 options co-operate with them or not which is your choice. If you decide not to co-operate and attack their leader, be certain neither he nor his foot soldiers survive your attack because if they do, you know what will happen. They will simply execute every member of your family. That will not be "genocide" but stupidity on your path and that is what happened in Asaba. Go and read the details.
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by blacksta(m): 5:54pm On Aug 28, 2012
hmmmm another Yoruba v Igbo thread. Please wait for me let me get my popcorn and coke
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by Rossikk(m): 6:01pm On Aug 28, 2012
No surprises here. None of these leaders can be taken seriously when it comes to things like sacrifice etc. Ojukwu was no different.
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2012
LMAO Oju iku running with his tail behind his back grin grin grin a real definition of Igbos 'bravery' grin grin
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by dayokanu(m): 6:29pm On Aug 28, 2012
Thats Igbo bravery for you.

Running to Abidjan with heavy suitcases while crushing little girls in his way

1 Like

Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by edogirl2: 6:47pm On Aug 28, 2012
O bad gan. Poor girls.
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 28, 2012
Bravery, Biafran style. I'm so disappointed they didn't describe what he was wearing.
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by dayokanu(m): 7:25pm On Aug 28, 2012
Bravery in Biafra is when you push 2 girls down to flee from war

Bravery is when you carry cocaine into countries that have death sentence
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 28, 2012
ekt_bear: The words of French doctors in Biafra:

Imagine, stealing the seats of refugee children at gunpoint so you can make your escape.

Despicable.

Thats what perturbed me the most. That plus blowing up the bridge so your own people will get killed by the advancing army. What happened to "Live together, die together"?
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by VoodooDoll(m): 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2012
That article highlights a serious lack of leadership qualities. How tragic for the innocent children and civilians to be abandoned, and blown up, at their hour of most need.

I now understand, better, why Ojukwu struggled to win political office on his return.
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 28, 2012
VoodooDoll: That article highlights a serious lack of leadership qualities. How tragic for the innocent children and civilians to be abandoned, and blown up, at their hour of most need.

I now understand, better, why Ojukwu struggled to win political office on his return.

After reading the bolded, I saw this video.

Skip to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTWGnvDYkM0 00:54 and 1:20 and 1:55.

Very Interesting.

2 Likes

Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by chosen04(f): 8:06pm On Aug 28, 2012
CyberG:

I guess you don't know the facts of the so called "Asaba Genocide", do you? I am quite busy now and no time to go dig-up the published details as far as 1972 of what happened! Nonetheless, if armed assailants enter your house and meets your family at 2 am, what would you do? You have only 2 options co-operate with them or not which is your choice. If you decide not to co-operate and attack their leader, be certain neither he nor his foot soldiers survive your attack because if they do, you know what will happen. They will simply execute every member of your family. That will not be "genocide" but stupidity on your path and that is what happened in Asaba. Go and read the details.

Did a person born of a woman just write the above as the true account of what the ASABA GENOCIDE is all about?..........Sometimes you just cant help but feel sorry for some peeps...NDO!!!!!!
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by Chyz2: 8:09pm On Aug 28, 2012
Yorubas and there inferiority complex. Can't help but laugh. I actually enjoy it. Exactly why Igbos will continue to feel that they are better than you all. Any Igbo man that you come across just keep in mind that he see you as beneath him. Can't wait till you all(yorubas) get your own country so the orgy of killing each other can increase to the way it was back in the day of your "Yoruba civil war". Lol

1 Like

Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by ektbear: 8:11pm On Aug 28, 2012
This Google News stuff is very useful.

I doubt that I would have been aware of these despicable acts committed in the 70s without it.

Thanks OP for bringing a piece of Nigeria's history to light.
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by CyberG: 8:13pm On Aug 28, 2012
chosen04:

Did a person born of a woman just write the above as the true account of what the ASABA GENOCIDE is all about?..........Sometimes you just cant help but feel sorry for some peeps...NDO!!!!!!

It was an illustration, obviously you saw that I was only painting a quick picture. To the objective reader, who understands this simple illustration, the real story would become instantly clear. I am busy now and cannot dig up any publications of the account. Focus on that and not snide comments like "born of a woman" except of course some people in Nigeria grew from the ground like plants or dropped from the sky like rain.
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2012
Chyz*:
Exactly why Igbos will continue to feel that they are better than you all. Any Igbo man that you come across just keep in mind that he see you as beneath him.
So, as an Igbo man, do you feel you're better than just only the Yorubas or do you just see the rest of mankind as "beneath" you? Do you have your nose in the air naturally or do you just have it in you to be condescending to just certain groups? I'm asking these questions because your statement is baffling as it is intriguing.
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by OneNaira6: 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2012
CyberG:

Dude you honestly know how to talk without making a Goddamn sense. Just incase you people try to change history like you've been trying to do for so long let me just bring this out

What happened in Asaba
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asaba_massacre

The description giving by the people of Asaba that experienced it
http://books.google.com/books?id=3N_o3mx3cJAC&pg=PA61&lpg=PA61&dq=asaba+massacre&source=bl&ots=dPyKpWH0T9&sig=JuAV2xXKbg7QPHExff0g11e68nY&hl=en&sa=X&ei=nhs9UN3EN4PA9gSOhoAQ&ved=0CC0Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=asaba%20massacre&f=false

http://books.google.com/books?id=nLShW24HodMC&pg=PA305&lpg=PA305&dq=asaba+massacre&source=bl&ots=O-aXpZvwHC&sig=f6znEb20-8125KVzrOXjWlQIglc&hl=en&sa=X&ei=nhs9UN3EN4PA9gSOhoAQ&ved=0CD8Q6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=asaba%20massacre&f=false

A little known fact Nigerians try to hide each time" OJUKWU DID NOT DECLARE ASABA AS PART OF BIAFRA AND WAS STILL AT THAT TIME PART OF NIGERIA, HENCE VERY FEW ASABA MEN AND WOMEN WERE PART OF BIAFRAN TROOPS AT THAT SAID TIME THUS ASABA WAS NOT AN ENEMY TO NIGERIA. Infact, Ojukwu left the entire Anioma community, despite being of Igbo heritage, as part of Nigeria due to the fact the Anioma community was not among the community he presided over. Because of that said fact, most Asabians and Anioma were neutral in the beginning of the war. THAT MASSACRE increased Biafran soldiers by tens fold due to the fact many Asaba woked up to reality. Even my own uncle joined Biafran troops because of the said massacre. Trying to f2king change the history isn't going to work this time, at least wait till the people that experienced the act such as parents, grandparents, uncle, aunt, mother, father, etc died out because there are still A WHOLE LOT OF US whose family got affected from that said massacre still living and breathing till this day.
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by OneNaira6: 8:45pm On Aug 28, 2012
Lastly, I pity the Igbos that continue to pay homeage or mind to the Yoruba bigots on NL. I f2king pity una. Some people are desperately, EACH TIME seeking your attention yet you continue to give it to them. Na wa ooo!! Una get time
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by dayokanu(m): 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2012
One_Naira:

Dude you honestly know how to talk without making a Goddamn sense. Just incase you people try to change history like you've been trying to do for so long let me just bring this out

What happened in Asaba
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asaba_massacre

The description giving by the people of Asaba that experienced it
http://books.google.com/books?id=3N_o3mx3cJAC&pg=PA61&lpg=PA61&dq=asaba+massacre&source=bl&ots=dPyKpWH0T9&sig=JuAV2xXKbg7QPHExff0g11e68nY&hl=en&sa=X&ei=nhs9UN3EN4PA9gSOhoAQ&ved=0CC0Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=asaba%20massacre&f=false

http://books.google.com/books?id=nLShW24HodMC&pg=PA305&lpg=PA305&dq=asaba+massacre&source=bl&ots=O-aXpZvwHC&sig=f6znEb20-8125KVzrOXjWlQIglc&hl=en&sa=X&ei=nhs9UN3EN4PA9gSOhoAQ&ved=0CD8Q6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=asaba%20massacre&f=false

A little known fact Nigerians try to hide each time" OJUKWU DID NOT DECLARE ASABA AS PART OF BIAFRA AND WAS STILL AT THAT TIME PART OF NIGERIA, HENCE VERY FEW ASABA MEN AND WOMEN WERE PART OF BIAFRAN TROOPS AT THAT SAID TIME THUS ASABA WAS NOT AN ENEMY TO NIGERIA. Infact, Ojukwu left the entire Anioma community, despite being of Igbo heritage, as part of Nigeria due to the fact the Anioma community was not among the community he presided over. Because of that said fact, most Asabians and Anioma were neutral in the beginning of the war. THAT MASSACRE increased Biafran soldiers by tens fold due to the fact many Asaba woked up to reality. Even my own uncle joined Biafran troops because of the said massacre. Trying to f2king change the history isn't going to work this time, at least wait till the people that experienced the act such as parents, grandparents, uncle, aunt, mother, father, etc died out because there are still A WHOLE LOT OF US whose family got affected from that said massacre still living and breathing till this day.

Was the Massacre of Asaba before or after the invasion of the Midwest and SW? This is to know which part aggressed first
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by Dainfamous: 8:51pm On Aug 28, 2012
One_Naira: Lastly, I pity the Igbos that continue to pay homeage or mind to the Yoruba bigots on NL. I f2king pity una. Some people are desperately, EACH TIME seeking your attention yet you continue to give it to them. Na wa ooo!! Una get time
Once you hit them with the truth and evidence they will run away like mini demons...
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by OneNaira6: 9:02pm On Aug 28, 2012
dayokanu:

Was the Massacre of Asaba before or after the invasion of the Midwest and SW? This is to know which part aggressed first

WAS ASABA PART OF BIAFRA DURING THAT TIME thus whatever Biafra troops "supposedly" do automatically become Asaba problem.

LET ME INFORM YOU Biafrans troops supposedly invaded midwest or SW led by someone of your own ethnicity btw yet ASABA, A NON-BIAFRAN, STILL PART OF NIGERIA AND ITSELF WAS A MID-WESTERN STATE OF NIGERIA GOT ATTACKED BY THE ILLITERATE NIGERIAN TROOPS INSTEAD OF STATES LABELED AS BIAFRA.

What f2king sense do you think you are making? Even your justification attempt itself is very weak.
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by dayokanu(m): 9:06pm On Aug 28, 2012
One_Naira:

WAS ASABA PART OF BIAFRA DURING THAT TIME thus whatever Biafra troops "supposedly" do automatically become Asaba problem.

LET ME INFORM YOU Biafrans troops supposedly invaded midwest or SW led by someone of your own ethnicity btw yet ASABA, A NON-BIAFRAN, STILL PART OF NIGERIA AND ITSELF WAS A MID-WESTERN STATE OF NIGERIA GOT ATTACKED BY THE ILLITERATE NIGERIAN TROOPS INSTEAD OF STATES LABELED AS BIAFRA.

What f2king sense do you think you are making? Even your justification attempt itself is very weak.

Its absolute insanity on your part cos once Biafra invaded Midwest and SW, Every Biafran became toast and are enemies

In WW2 Which germans were safe from the invading Soviet once they attacked Russian territory

Back to topic and tell us why our Brave Ike-eba wuruwuru pushed out kids and escaped to Abidjan in the heat of war, Freaking cowards

1 Like

Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by ektbear: 9:07pm On Aug 28, 2012
When did this thread become about Asaba. We are discussing how Ojukwu murdered two children in his haste to flee the country.

Abeg, open up a separate thread on Asaba

1 Like

Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by OneNaira6: 9:10pm On Aug 28, 2012
dayokanu:

Its absolute insanity on your part cos once Biafra invaded Midwest and SW, Every Biafran became toast and are enemies

In WW2 Which germans were safe from the invading Soviet once they attacked Russian territory

I see I'm talking to a blind 1diot or a wall. Dude just mention adekunle and leave me alone with your 1gnorance, I ain't got time to continue repeating sh1t to you.

I leave this though: read it, analyze it, learn it, drink it and swim in it.

While ethnically Igbo, Asaba was not part of Igbo-dominated Biafra.
http://muse.jhu.edu/login?auth=0&type=summary&url=/journals/african_studies_review/v054/54.3.bird.pdf
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by OneNaira6: 9:13pm On Aug 28, 2012
Typical some bs bigots open a thread, try to change history and when corrected, they going around shouting "how is this concern Asaba" yet they are the ones that tried to change the history of Asaba masscre, running around like dogs without leash. Next time keep Asaba out of una 1gnorance and history changing. mschewww Ewu's.

Now una can go back to your desperate attention seeking, that itself no concern me.
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by dayokanu(m): 9:14pm On Aug 28, 2012
One_Naira:

I see I'm talking to an blind 1diot or a wall. Dude just mention adekunle and leave me alone with your 1gnorance, I ain't got time to continue repeating sh1t to you.

I leave this though: read it, analyze it, learn it, drink it and swim in it.

http://muse.jhu.edu/login?auth=0&type=summary&url=/journals/african_studies_review/v054/54.3.bird.pdf

Back to topic.

Why did Ike-eba wuruwuru run with taill between his legs killing 2 young girls in the process?
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by ektbear: 9:14pm On Aug 28, 2012
You are the one derailing this thread into one about Asaba. It is *not* the topic of the thread. Certainly the French doctors who saw Ojukwu murder those two refugees didn't bring up Asaba, did they?
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by Dainfamous: 9:14pm On Aug 28, 2012
ABEOKUTA- A middle-aged man identified as Pastor Michael Oyewole was paraded along his accomplice, Matthew Akiode for being in possesion of a human skull allegedly exhumed in a grave on a land at Sabo in Abeokuta North local government area of Ogun state on Tuesday.

The pastor,32,who claimed to be a pastor at Ona-Ara mimo Cherubim and Sheraphim at Olomore few kilometres to the crime scene in Abeokuta was accused of inducing Akiode of committing the crime.

Speaking with newsmen, Akiode, who confessed to the crime, however attributed his action to the economic situation in the country.

He said” I used to work on his (pastor) site but he said I will make more money if I can get him human skull, so I felt it was an easy way of making money that was why I did it.

“I am surprised his denying all of this when he was the actual person that thought me how to go about it, “he claimed.

But when the pastor was however asked about his involvement in the crime, Pastor Oyewole denied that he ever sent Akiode to perpetrate the act.

He said “I am man of God and pastor at Irewole Cherubim and Seraphim Church, car wash area.

“I heal people with God’s name and not with human skull, his just telling lies and I don’t know what I have done to him Only God can save me now, “he said.

While parading the suspects at the police command Headquarters at Eleweran in Abeokuta yesterday,the police Commissioner, Ikemefuna Okoye, said that the accused persons committed the offence at about 12 a. m while digging the foundation of a building.

According to Okoye,at about 12 00 am hour, we got information about somebody who was digging a grave and we swung into action.

“He never knew that eagle eyes were watching him in the process of removing the corpse.

“We apprehended him immediately he severed the head from the body and he told us that it was one Pastor Oyewole that sent him, “ he said.

Okoye however said that,the embattled pastor was arrested shortly after his partner in crime mentioned his name for encouraging him to commit the crime.

He said that both accused persons would be charged to court as soon as investigation into the matter was concluded.

The Commissioner, who assured members of the public to go about their normal business without fear, sought their cooperation towards effective policing of the state
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by dayokanu(m): 9:15pm On Aug 28, 2012
One_Naira: Typical some bs bigots open a thread, try to change history and when corrected, they going around shouting "how is this concern Asaba" yet they are the ones whom tried to change the history of Asaba masscre, running around like dogs without leash. Next time keep Asaba out of una 1gnorance and history changing. mschewww Ewu's.

Now una can go back to your desperate attention seeking, that itself no concern me.

So tell us why your warlord fled and killed 2 girls on his way to Abidjan? Or the article written in 1970 was changing history too?
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by dayokanu(m): 9:17pm On Aug 28, 2012
Da infamous: ABEOKUTA- A middle-aged man identified as Pastor Michael Oyewole was paraded along his accomplice, Matthew Akiode for being in possesion of a human skull allegedly exhumed in a grave on a land at Sabo in Abeokuta North local government area of Ogun state on Tuesday.

The pastor,32,who claimed to be a pastor at Ona-Ara mimo Cherubim and Sheraphim at Olomore few kilometres to the crime scene in Abeokuta was accused of inducing Akiode of committing the crime.

Speaking with newsmen, Akiode, who confessed to the crime, however attributed his action to the economic situation in the country.

He said” I used to work on his (pastor) site but he said I will make more money if I can get him human skull, so I felt it was an easy way of making money that was why I did it.

“I am surprised his denying all of this when he was the actual person that thought me how to go about it, “he claimed.

But when the pastor was however asked about his involvement in the crime, Pastor Oyewole denied that he ever sent Akiode to perpetrate the act.

He said “I am man of God and pastor at Irewole Cherubim and Seraphim Church, car wash area.

“I heal people with God’s name and not with human skull, his just telling lies and I don’t know what I have done to him Only God can save me now, “he said.

While parading the suspects at the police command Headquarters at Eleweran in Abeokuta yesterday,the police Commissioner, Ikemefuna Okoye, said that the accused persons committed the offence at about 12 a. m while digging the foundation of a building.

According to Okoye,at about 12 00 am hour, we got information about somebody who was digging a grave and we swung into action.

“He never knew that eagle eyes were watching him in the process of removing the corpse.

“We apprehended him immediately he severed the head from the body and he told us that it was one Pastor Oyewole that sent him, “ he said.

Okoye however said that,the embattled pastor was arrested shortly after his partner in crime mentioned his name for encouraging him to commit the crime.

He said that both accused persons would be charged to court as soon as investigation into the matter was concluded.

The Commissioner, who assured members of the public to go about their normal business without fear, sought their cooperation towards effective policing of the state

Was th this Pastor oyewole you posted about the reason why the brave Ikeeba Ojuku killed 2 girls on his way to Abidjan

1 Like

Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by ektbear: 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2012
It must have been quite frustrating to be those French doctors.

You leave your safe, comfortable country to step in the middle of a warzone to help the Biafran side.

And you then watch the leader of that effort abandon his cause, and in the process kill those you left France to save.

I would have felt quite disillusioned, if I had been in their shoes
Re: So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. by dayokanu(m): 9:26pm On Aug 28, 2012
ekt_bear: It must have been quite frustrating to be those French doctors.

You leave your safe, comfortable country to step in the middle of a warzone to help the Biafran side.

And you then watch the leader of that effort abandon his cause, and in the process kill those you left France to save.

I would have felt quite disillusioned, if I had been in their shoes

That was how they knew Igbos are animals. They even buttressed their cannibal reputation of way back

I mean how would someone kill 2 girls just to escape and yet was molesting Biancar aged 4yrs at home

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yusuf Buhari Owns Two 5-star Hotels In Abuja And Building Another One In Dubai / Lagos Seeks Partnership With Private Sector, Stakeholders For Smart City Project / Breaking: Sinbad,the Voice Behind Sit At Home Broadcast Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.