Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,437 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal (13794 Views)

Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal / Army Clarifies Arrest Of Rivers SSG, Gives Death Toll In Rivers Poll / No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:14am On Sep 11, 2015
ABUJA—The Nigerian Army, yesterday, narrated before the Rivers State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja, how armed thugs invaded several polling units in the state on April 11, carting away election materials and ran into the bush.

Three senior Army officers who testified before the Justice Mohammed Ambrosa-led tribunal, yesterday, insisted that the governorship poll in Rivers State was marred by violence and sporadic gun shots by thugs, a situation they said scared voters away.

The officers, Captain Abubakar Mohammed, from Bony Camp, Lagos; Captain Fred Bala, from Maiduguri and Captain Isa Almakura, told the tribunal that they led different troops that were deployed in Rivers State during the governorship election.

Capt. Almakura, who covered Ikwerri Local Government Area, along with 30 other soldiers, told the court that the entire council was tensed up right from April 10 when his team arrived the area to provide security for voters.

He said that sporadic shootings in major towns of the council scared the electorates and forced them to stay away from voting.
According to him, at a time, his team got confused by the “bombardment of phone calls” from ad-hoc staff of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, who, he said were shouting for help and rescue from thugs that invaded their polling units.

“On our arrival at polling units in Osuala, Onuerelu, Omerelu and Alu, we found the INEC ad hoc staff, mainly youth corps members, mercilessly beaten by the thugs”, the Army witness added.

He said upon inquiry, his team was informed by the manhandled INEC ad hoc staff that the political thugs hijacked and made away with all the election materials.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/rivers-poll-thugs-ran-away-with-election-materials-army-tells-tribunal/#sthash.iQOM8Sad.dpuf

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by permsec: 1:19am On Sep 11, 2015
Did they realy made any effort so as to tame the culprits? No!

What of the Police men protecting the polling units from such? Ur guess is as good as mine.

Funny enuf, they are 3 Army men all with hausa names.

Nigerian Army is now a thing of ridicule and has been subjected to mediocrity.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by divinehand2003(m): 3:04am On Sep 11, 2015
Assuming PDP was still in power at the center, would the so called army give this type of testimony in court? Abeg make them go yansh down joor.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 3:08am On Sep 11, 2015
Lol this is pathetic!!! I think Buratai and Buhari are just making fool of our Nigerian army just in a bid to help the APC case!! Seriously how does an army officer come out in court to say he witnessed thugs disrupting elections?

What did the baby soldiers do when the thugs were allegedly carting away the items? I think those stupid captains are a disgrace to the Nigerian army

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by BlissB(f): 3:16am On Sep 11, 2015
@Army........and you stood there looking at them?

9 Likes

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 3:34am On Sep 11, 2015
BlissB:

Me sef i tire!! This APshit baby army captains are better off as comedians.

15 Likes

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by Volksfuhrer(m): 3:35am On Sep 11, 2015
BlissB:

Our gallant soldiers were duly obeying orders.grin

24 Likes

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by BlissB(f): 3:44am On Sep 11, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

Our gallant soldiers were duly obeying orders.grin
Gallant indeed

1 Like

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by BlissB(f): 3:45am On Sep 11, 2015
chukwudi44:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 3:47am On Sep 11, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

Our baby GIRLant soldiers were duly obeying orders.grin

Fixed

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by Yeske2(m): 3:54am On Sep 11, 2015
These wailers sef, always turning the truth upside down when it doesn't favour them. Who doesn't know about the killings and thuggery that took place in Rivers during the last election?

35 Likes

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:10am On Sep 11, 2015
chukwudi44:

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 4:16am On Sep 11, 2015
Ayayayaya! My little bird is whispering to me in Igbo that Wike is going down.

I hope Dakuku Peterside is warming up to claim his mandate? grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 4:32am On Sep 11, 2015
Yeske2:
These wailers sef, always turning the truth upside down when it doesn't favour them. Who doesn't know about the killings and thuggery that took place in Rivers during the last election?
And this your soldier comedians were just sitting idly while all this happened?

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by opiaoku: 4:35am On Sep 11, 2015
[quote author=MichaelSokoto post=37889707][/quote]

mai gworo

gworo seller cum terrorist
Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by Yeske2(m): 4:48am On Sep 11, 2015
chukwudi44:

And this your soldier comedians were just sitting idly while all this happened?
Yes because your saviour GEJ gave the order from above, do you reside here in Nigeria or in faraway Mars for me to school you on stuffs like this?

21 Likes

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by drey076(m): 5:19am On Sep 11, 2015
Nyson Wike would have won the election landslide under an atmosphere of free and fair but he deliberately wants to punish APC because his party was in power. A lot of APC members was killed by thugs because of hatred.
Justice shall prevail

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 5:21am On Sep 11, 2015
Yeske2:
Yes because your saviour GEJ gave the order from above, do you reside here in Nigeria or in faraway Mars for me to school you on stuffs like this?
If GEJ gave any such order, Buhari wouldn't be president today dear. Buhari might think he is bringing down Wike but he is in reality ridiculing the Nigerian army

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 5:23am On Sep 11, 2015
drey076:
Nyson Wike would have won the election landslide under an atmosphere of free and fair but he deliberately wants to punish APC because his party was in power. A lot of APC members was killed by thugs because of hatred.
Justice shall prevail
Bros if you have any concrete proof of this, go to court and assist those army comedians and quit ranting here

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by Yeske2(m): 5:49am On Sep 11, 2015
chukwudi44:

If GEJ gave any such order, Buhari wouldn't be president today dear. Buhari might think he is bringing down Wike but he is in reality ridiculing the Nigerian army
Stop that racket for once! The odds against GEJ was so much because of his ineptitude and you already know that. He could only win his strongholds which were in the minority and he finally lost and congratulated the winner even before the final result was announced.
Are you telling me you never knew INEC's directive on election day was that results must be pasted at polling booths but here in the SE/SS, most weren't posted? Bros, left matter for Mathias abeg.
Are you telling me that you never heard Gov Obiano accusing PDP of rigging the election in Anambra?
You guys know the truth but i really don't understand why you refuse to admit it
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/obiano-accuses-pdp-of-snatching-electoral-materials-amidt-poor-turnout/

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 11, 2015
Yeske2:
Stop that racket for once! The odds against GEJ was so much because of his ineptitude and you already know that. He could only win his strongholds which were in the minority and he finally lost and congratulated the winner even before the final result was announced.
Are you telling me you never knew INEC's directive on election day was that results must be pasted at polling booths but here in the SE/SS, most weren't posted? Bros, left matter for Mathias abeg.
Are you telling me that you never heard Gov Obiano accusing PDP of rigging the election in Anambra?
You guys know the truth but i really don't understand why you refuse to admit it
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/obiano-accuses-pdp-of-snatching-electoral-materials-amidt-poor-turnout/

Bros if GEJ rigged the SS/SE like you claim then Buhari would not be president today!!! If they wanted to allocate votes they still had enough PVCs in the region to offset the results from the North/SW!!!

Buhari won with a very slim margin !! Abeg make we hear word

10 Likes

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by ddippset(m): 6:28am On Sep 11, 2015
Wike and PDP have been playing hide and seek and running away from proper forensic examination of ballot papers. But with all the testimonies coming from the army, na wike go de beg for the forensics now. Tori don get k leg. Breeze don blow foul yansh open.. Lol.

8 Likes

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by ricsman(m): 7:38am On Sep 11, 2015
BlissB:
yeah! obeying orders. saw one myself
Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by BlissB(f): 7:47am On Sep 11, 2015
ricsman:

yeah! obeying orders. saw one myself
Obeying orders as in *when you see thugs running away with ballot box do not move!*.....bro r u kidding me?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by bonechamberlain(m): 8:22am On Sep 11, 2015
the army is gradually being dragged to the mud, giving contradictory statements.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 11, 2015
Gheghen
Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by korel9: 8:51am On Sep 11, 2015
What of places like Kano where APC thugs barred anybody from voting for PDP with threats to kill them and went as far as beating up political aspirants?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by free2ryhme: 8:52am On Sep 11, 2015
Thugs ran away with eletoral materials. You as a security agent could not apprehend them. You should be charged for negligence of duty.
Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by tolexy007(m): 8:52am On Sep 11, 2015
angry
Re: Rivers Poll: Thugs Ran Away With Election Materials, Army Tells Tribunal by ibkgab001: 8:52am On Sep 11, 2015
Army or civil defense?

They should be flogged by chief of army staff

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC, The Only Party That Has Development Agenda — Amaechi / Yemi Osinbajo Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today / "Yakubu Gowon And S.G Tokida Saved My Father’s Life" - Femi Fani-Kayode (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.